Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

00 - Texas Summer Classic - Thoughts? Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

00 - Texas Summer Classic - Thoughts?

4 posters

Go down

00 - Texas Summer Classic - Thoughts? Empty 00 - Texas Summer Classic - Thoughts?

Post by SoccerXXX 8/11/2014, 9:06 am

Thought I would pole the boards to see if anyone had thoughts on the tournament results.  Are they expected?  Any surprise performances? (Yes I know it is a tournament and teams can have guest players but this is just fun!!!)

One question that I would restate is the one vajjala mentioned in another thread that Chivas went through to the semi's but that LP by points should have.  Anyone know why?

Last edited by SoccerXXX on 8/11/2014, 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited Title To Identify As 00 Thread)
SoccerXXX
SoccerXXX
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

00 - Texas Summer Classic - Thoughts? Empty Re: 00 - Texas Summer Classic - Thoughts?

Post by S0cc3rD@d 8/11/2014, 10:58 am

SoccerXXX wrote:One question that I would restate is the one vajjala mentioned in another thread that Chivas went through to the semi's but that LP by points should have.  Anyone know why?

I was wondering that myself why both LP Kuyt and LP Liddell were skipped over.

Observations based on results and league placement. Wasn't there so couldn't see what transpired on the field to opine.

Saturday
Looks like Andro White(D3) may have a tough year, losing to Ayses Gold (PPL)

Deportivo (APL) tied Kernow.

Liddell (D3) beat East Texas (D2) after losing twice last season. Is Liddell stronger (I know there were some player losses) or did East Texas have even more players leave and is now weaker?

Sunday -
Kernow (D2) beat LP Kuyt (D1) 3-1.  That is somewhat of an upset. Can that be why they didn't play in Semis?

But then Superior Aztecas beats Kernow 4-0. Looks like Kernow is up and down.
S0cc3rD@d
S0cc3rD@d
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

00 - Texas Summer Classic - Thoughts? Empty Re: 00 - Texas Summer Classic - Thoughts?

Post by Hatrick3 8/11/2014, 11:04 am

Apparently, Kuyt had to many hurt players to continue and declined. TD did not call or offer opportunity to Liddell. Explanation was that they didn't think Liddell wanted to play FC Dallas even though they played them tough on Saturday (3-1). Liddell would have played!! No clue on why or how the could just skip over a team with more points and better record. And, I bet we will never get an answer either.....

Hatrick3
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerXXX 8/11/2014, 11:21 am

Liddell - I would definitely not be happy to be passed over. Looks like you had a good tournament overall though. Congrats.

As to Kuyt. How many are they carrying on their roster? Hopefully they will not have this issue through league play.
SoccerXXX
SoccerXXX
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerXXX 8/11/2014, 11:41 am

S0cc3rD@d wrote:
SoccerXXX wrote:One question that I would restate is the one vajjala mentioned in another thread that Chivas went through to the semi's but that LP by points should have.  Anyone know why?

I was wondering that myself why both LP Kuyt and LP Liddell were skipped over.

Observations based on results and league placement.  Wasn't there so couldn't see what transpired on the field to opine.

Saturday
Looks like Andro White(D3) may have a tough year, losing to Ayses Gold (PPL)

Deportivo (APL) tied Kernow.

Liddell (D3) beat East Texas (D2) after losing twice last season. Is Liddell stronger (I know there were some player losses) or did East Texas have even more players leave and is now weaker?

Sunday -
Kernow (D2) beat LP Kuyt (D1) 3-1.  That is somewhat of an upset. Can that be why they didn't play in Semis?

But then Superior Aztecas beats Kernow 4-0. Looks like Kernow is up and down.
Just looked a bit more at the results.  I see the loss to Ayses for Andro White but also see that they had a 2 - 1 loss to Aztecas.  Suspect that they are an up and down team.

Kernow also looks to be up and down a bit. (Heck I could use this comments for most boys teams at this age!!!)

Kuyt - I am interested in when they started to get so injured.  Looks like their first two matches were pretty easy for them.  Was it the last pool match that they got knocked about (vs. Kernow)

Liddell - looks like they are getting stronger.  Should be a factor in D3 I think
SoccerXXX
SoccerXXX
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldenGoal 8/11/2014, 1:18 pm

I think we can not just look at scores or individual games in this tournament to gauge the future as it was a Pre Season Summer Tournament. I think for some teams this tournament is for one thing, Information about their personnel. Some are working in new players, trying different formations, different mix of players together, players in different positions, dealing with multiple mid-day 100 degree games, etc... My bb plays for FCD East. Am I glad they won, yes. Did it really matter after we got home, No. What matters the most for the pre-season August Tourney is to learn more about your team as you enter the real season.

So unless someone really knows the opponents they faced well they might not know what the situation is. Some teams my have people out on vacation, injury, guest players etc...

Hope the kuyt team's players are not badly injured as I thought they had a good year in D1 last year. Speedy recovery to them!

Good Luck to All this Season!
GoldenGoal
GoldenGoal
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down