Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Texas Summer Classic Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Texas Summer Classic

+7
sonsofthunder
rvpformvp
GoldenGoal
AVillan12
SoccerXXX
S0cc3rD@d
Typhoon
11 posters

Go down

Texas Summer Classic Empty Texas Summer Classic

Post by Typhoon 7/28/2013, 10:45 pm

FC Dallas                               Youth 00B East
AYSES Soccer Club                 AYSES 00 Boys Gold
East Texas United FC              East Texas United FC 00 B
FC Dallas Youth                      FC Dallas Youth 01 Boys
HUFC                                    Hurst United FC 2000
Irving United FC                      IRVING UNITED 00 BC
Kernow Storm FC                    KernowStorm00B
San Angelo FC                        San Angelo FC 00 Boys

This appears to be a very competitive group in the u14.  Can't wait to see the brackets and watch these teams play.  Should be a great tourney.

Typhoon
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Texas Summer Classic Empty Texas Summer Classic Schedules

Post by Typhoon 8/5/2013, 3:55 am

Texas Summer Classic schedules are posted.

http://events.gotsport.com/events/schedule.aspx?EventID=30465&GroupID=270040&Gender=Boys&Age=14

Typhoon
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Texas Summer Classic Empty Re: Texas Summer Classic

Post by S0cc3rD@d 8/6/2013, 10:48 am

Just wondering if anyone knows why San Angelo didn't try to qualify for Classic in May. They have always been a strong team and just recently beat Tigres in Kyle Owen semi-finals.
S0cc3rD@d
S0cc3rD@d
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerXXX 8/11/2013, 8:25 am

Just looked at the results. Did ETU or FCD East lose personnel or perhaps have a lot of bb's out for the weekend? I didn't expect that between the two that combined they only have 1 tie and 3 losses.
SoccerXXX
SoccerXXX
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AVillan12 8/11/2013, 10:52 am

Are they playing Superior or Inferior teams?

AVillan12
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldenGoal 8/11/2013, 6:15 pm

East had 4/5 bb's still out on vacation and boys there just came out of endurance camp and 1-2 subs won't cut it given that situation.. At a min missing starting goalie, 2 mids, and defender. Still did not play that we'll for there 1st game back. However, don't take anything away from kernow storm who played well and prob deserve to win on this weekend as I see they r in the finals. Good luck storm.
GoldenGoal
GoldenGoal
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Texas Summer Classic Empty What a weekend

Post by Typhoon 8/12/2013, 2:58 am

First congratulations to HUFC (Champions).  Great job this weekend.  But the bigger suprise to most had to be Kernow Storm FC (Finalist).  Where did they come from?  From near the bottom of D3 Classic League to this performance.  Wow!  Job well done.  

I was very impressed with the level of competition from all of the teams that I was able to watch.  I believe that CL D3  will be very competetive this year.  With Storm getting the pieces together and the arrival of Irving United and return of ETU  it promisses to be very entertaining.  

What were your thoughts on this tournament?  Witch team or teams impressed you the most or least?  

I know the scheduling was awful and the lighting was horrible not to mention all the traveling to and from.  Besides all that.. Lets hear about the quality of competition and or your soccer spectating likes and dislikes.

Typhoon
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by rvpformvp 8/12/2013, 11:05 am

Did not see the tournament this week but I would agree that Kernow has really improved from last year. They blew through the challenge tournament so they really are in good form right now.

ETU really struggled though which is not the norm for them. Anyone know if they did not have a full team this past weekend?
rvpformvp
rvpformvp
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Texas Summer Classic Empty Kernow Storm FC Since 5-11-13

Post by Typhoon 8/12/2013, 10:55 pm

Kernow Storm FC Since 5-11-13. In the last three months this team has a record of 11-0-2. Both losses came in the final match of the tournaments. They have scored 50 goals and only conceded 8. This is also against some quality opponents. It will be interesting to see if they can keep up this pace. If they can there will be an upset in the balance of the CL D3 universe. Very impressive.

Texas Summer Classic 2013

8/11/2013 HUFC HURST UNITED FC 2000 (TXN) 1-2
8/11/2013 SAN ANGELO FC 00 BOYS (TXN) 3-0
8/11/2013 IRVING UNITED FC IRVING UNITED 00 BC (TXN) 1-0
8/10/2013 EAST TEXAS UNITED FC 00 B (TXN) 3-1
8/10/2013 FC DALLAS YOUTH 00B EAST (TXN) 4-0

2013 KSMDT - Boys Classic League Challenge Tournament-Round 1

5/27/2013 LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA 00 BOYS LIDDELL (TXN) 3-0
5/27/2013 DFW TEJANOS TEJANOS 00 ELITE (TXN) 7-0
5/26/2013 ANDROMEDA FC 00B GOLD (TXN) 5-1

2013 Cowtown Classic Tournament - Ranked until 5/12/2014

5/12/2013 SUPERIOR SC AZTECAS 00B (TXN) 2-3
5/12/2013 LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA 00 BOYS LIDDELL (TXN) 3-0
5/11/2013 LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA 00 BOYS RUSH (TXN) 11-0
5/11/2013 LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA 00 BOYS ST. JOHN (TXN) 4-1
5/11/2013 GREATER WICHITA FALLS SA XPRESS 00 (TXN) 3-0

Typhoon
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sonsofthunder 8/13/2013, 7:58 am

Typhoon wrote:Kernow Storm FC Since 5-11-13.  In the last three months this team has a record of 11-0-2.  Both losses came in the final match of the tournaments.  They have scored 50 goals and only conceded 8.  This is also against some quality opponents.  It will be interesting to see if they can keep up this pace.  If they can there will be an upset in the balance of the CL D3 universe.  Very impressive.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but between players moving up to fill vacated spots opened up by players going to PA and players leaving to pursue other interests with those positions being filled by PPL players, CL D3 is basically the new Plano D1.

sonsofthunder
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AVillan12 8/13/2013, 8:22 am

So basically what you are saying is that D3 Classic is a Joke? By making that statement, you think Plano and Arlington are as good as your local rec league.... Wow.... Have fun convincing everyone else that....
I feel D3 with the new Format to stay in will make it as competitive as D2 and bridge the gap a little to D1.

AVillan12
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sonsofthunder 8/13/2013, 9:55 am

AVillan12 wrote:So basically what you are saying is that D3 Classic is a Joke?  By making that statement, you think Plano and Arlington are as good as your local rec league.... Wow....  Have fun convincing everyone else that....  
I feel D3 with the new Format to stay in will make it as competitive as D2 and bridge the gap a little to D1.
Okay, Saint Booboisie, you are speaking/posting faster than you are thinking and jumping to imbecilic conclusions. When PA takes some of the best players out of CL what do you think happens? Does CL get stronger? I don't think so. This does not mean that CL is no longer good for players to be in, it is just not the same as it used to be. Many of the best players are now in PA. My post is a simple statement of fact about this age group (as well as other age groups) and what PA has done to them. I guarantee you that if PA did not exist, CL would be much stronger. Those who have been in CL for some time already know this.

sonsofthunder
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerisgoodforyou8 8/13/2013, 10:07 am

Would have to agree with sonsofthunder that classic league will suffer with most of the top talent playing in Pre-Academy and Academy. The teams will look totally different and many lower division players moving up to fill the spots on D1 teams, where else would the boys come from. Just like ODP is not the same as it used to be, Classic League is following suit. Good luck to the boys this season!!!

soccerisgoodforyou8
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by allen04 8/13/2013, 10:17 am

you think Plano and Arlington are as good as your local rec league....
Hell I thought they were the local rec leagues...
allen04
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Typhoon 8/13/2013, 6:27 pm

Sonsofthunder. I would have to agree that APL and PDL are only a step below CL D3. And sometimes only a small step. However, I was not trying to say that the Storm 2000 boys were ready for DA,D1 or even D2.  Therefore, there's no bubble to pop.

The one thing that you can read over and over on this forum is that as long as bb is progressing and having fun your on the right track. I was only pointing out that this team was progressing and if they continued they would be ready to contend for advancement.

Typhoon
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jimulon6 8/14/2013, 1:47 pm

Seems to me this is about the age where viable independents and smaller clubs, who are able to keep more of their core together than the big clubs during the great PA/DA pilfering, have opportunity to rise to the surface in CL play. Not ALL solid players are going to make Academy teams, however.

Based on the results of this tourney, it appears true that at least some quality teams have changed dramatically in the big club world.

Every team at every level suffers injury, or vacation, multi sport kids, or other absences of players, without even mentioning Academy. Clearly, personnel has changed, from the top down.

After U11/U12 or so, competitive soccer teams from year to year are like a box of chocolates.....

jimulon6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 8/15/2013, 3:24 pm

There are players that, for a variety of reasons, choose not to play PA/DA. And player quality (meaning being 'good enough') is not the issue.

For players born later in the calendar year (Aug 1 thru Dec 31) are usually better off playing regular club team ball.

And D1 CL is certainly "competitive" enough. I can relate to playing "meaningful" games, training more, etc.

The out-of-state travel and commuting though can be exhausting. I know this from firsthand experience. My rule of thumb is that if you spend more time driving than training/playing...it is probably a bad thing. Granted each player and family is different.

Relative age is also a critical factor.

When I look at DA rosters, the starters and impact players by and large (games started/played and whether they are fulltime or designated players) are usually the "older" guys. Born in the first few months of the calendar year.

Yeah there are exceptions. But this is not the norm.

And if you just look at team pics in CL, you will notice that the top D1 teams have players that look a little more physically mature. As opposed to say, D2 and D3 teams.

So it is important to keep things in perspective. The "gap" in player/team quality iis somewhat skewed due to the relative age/physical maturity of the players.

Due to the style of play, that's why coaches recruit athletes first...soccer players second.

Therefore, the technical and tactical differences can be slight.

That said, there's no question that academy has diluted the talent pool. But again, a lot of the difference is physical.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down