Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

US Youth Soccer Region I Leagues Restructured for 2014-2015  Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

US Youth Soccer Region I Leagues Restructured for 2014-2015

Go down

US Youth Soccer Region I Leagues Restructured for 2014-2015  Empty US Youth Soccer Region I Leagues Restructured for 2014-2015

Post by PitchBound 9/10/2014, 10:24 am

US Youth Soccer Region I Leagues Restructured for 2014-2015 Season

New Champions League sets the stage for continued growth and development of programs

FRISCO, Texas (Sept. 10, 2014) — US Youth Soccer Region I (East) has announced several changes to begin immediately and additional changes coming for future seasons of the regional league, based on feedback from club and state directors of coaching. The regional league has been restructured and will be known as the US Youth Soccer Region I Champions League, featuring:

One game per day
Flexible Schedules
32 teams in each division, which is double the former team limit
Divisions based on geographic regions to reduce travel for teams
Modified promotion and relegation
Selection committee consisting of technical in addition to administrative staff
No frozen rosters
Ability to add club players per game
Renewed openness to further change
The Region I Champions League will be comprised of three divisions, with the champions of the top division — Division 1 — receiving an automatic bid to the US Youth Soccer Region I Championships. Each division is expected to include 32 teams, which will double the previous amount of teams in the league. The divisions will be broken down into four eight-team brackets, with teams grouped geographically to reduce travel.

“We are very proud and excited to unveil the new US Youth Soccer Region I Champions League that highlights a renewed perspective of change within our region of the country,” said Natalie Schwoeble, Region I Director. “The message to clubs in the Northeast is that we are listening to you, and we will adjust where it increases the opportunities to benefit the development of our players and the game. We are not done and we want to hear ideas moving forward.”

There will be movement among the divisions, with modified promotion and relegation beginning in Spring 2016. State seeding will be performed by State Directors of Coaching or State Designates, and a Region I selection committee will complete the final rankings for placement of teams into the league.

The Spring Session will be played between Jan. 1 and July 31 and the Fall Session will be played between Aug. 1 and Dec. 31. Age groups will consist of Under-12 (8v8 and 11v11) through Under-18 for Boys and Girls. The guidelines for the Region I Champions League are available on the Region I website and the application to apply for the league will be available shortly.

League play will be limited to one game per day with flexible scheduling. Region I will host a tournament play weekend for the Under-15 and Under-16 age groups, with the possibility of other age groups being added in the future, to offer additional college recruitment opportunities.

“US Youth Soccer has been at the forefront of player development opportunities in the United States for over 40 years. Today, we see the association at its best with new leadership and changes to further impact the game, in this case, for those in the Northeastern region of the country,” said former collegiate coach and director of education for US Youth Soccer, Sam Snow. “In speaking with the club and state directors of coaching and collegiate staff, continued improvement of our programs and competitions will continue and more athletes will benefit.”

The Region I Champions League provides an opportunity for the most competitive teams in the Northeastern United States to play on a scheduled basis while also competing for placement in the prestigious US Youth Soccer Regional Championships, as well as the highly-competitive US Youth Soccer National League.

The National League is an extension of the highly successful US Youth Soccer Regional Leagues (Region I Champions League, Region II Midwest Regional League, Region III Southern Premier League and Region IV Far West Regional League). Automatic Regional League qualification was added to the National League format in January 2013, and two teams per age group from each of the four Regional Leagues in the Under-13 through Under-17 age groups, with the exception Under-13s in Region III, earned a spot in the 2014-15 National League.

###

About the United States Youth Soccer Association (US Youth Soccer) – US Youth Soccer - "The Game for ALL Kids!" is the largest youth sports organization in the country and largest member of the United States Soccer Federation, the governing body of soccer in the United States. US Youth Soccer registers more than 3 million players annually, ages 5 to 19, and over 900,000 administrators, coaches and volunteers in 55 member State Associations. US Youth Soccer programs provide a fun, safe and healthy environment for players at every level of the game. For more information, visit www.USYouthSoccer.org.

Media Request: When referring to the United States Youth Soccer Association, the largest youth sports organization in the United States, please refer to the association only as US Youth Soccer, and never as USYS or USYSA. We appreciate your cooperation.

PitchBound
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down