Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Week 2 Predictions - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Week 2 Predictions

+22
debit
futbolista
finish1
Soccerdad79
OnestrikeOnegoal
Laroja_2012
foghornleghorn
SailorMoon
davito
scottallison1
mpcls55
Beast_04
JerryJonesSucks
copa44
Five 0
vaquero
skillzski
Soccer/Pizza4me
Dragon Nation
GOOOAAALLL
Sprint
wulfgar07
26 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Week 2 Predictions - Page 2 Empty Re: Week 2 Predictions

Post by wulfgar07 9/13/2014, 11:24 am

Or he got ejected for questioning a call by a very dramatic, thin-skinned ref?
My BB's friend who plays on that team said that it wasn't for cursing.
More like calling the ref "Bob Barker".

wulfgar07
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/13/2014, 6:06 pm

Yep. "Bob Barker" were the magic words. LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by wulfgar07 9/13/2014, 7:18 pm

Results:

Andromeda 4- Solar 0?!?!?!?
Sporting 2- Mexico 0
Liverpool Rush 2- FCD Pino 1
Liverpool Owen 2- DT South 1 (Very mild game)
FCD Gonclaves 6- Ayses 1

wulfgar07
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by wulfgar07 9/13/2014, 7:20 pm

Liverpool_Parent wrote:Yep.  "Bob Barker" were the magic words.  LOL

Did he try to have Coach Jones spayed or neutered before sending him off? cat

wulfgar07
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer/Pizza4me 9/13/2014, 8:44 pm

wulfgar07 wrote:Results:

Andromeda 4- Solar 0?!?!?!?
Sporting 2- Mexico 0
Liverpool Rush 2- FCD Pino 1
Liverpool Owen 2- DT South 1 (Very mild game)
FCD Gonclaves 6- Ayses 1

Andromeda 4-0! (Got that wrong.Wow!)
Sporting (very impressive win.)
Lp Rush (showing their strength.)
Lp Owen (back on the winning track.)
FCD Goncalves dominating the game. ( what happen to manchild?)
Soccer/Pizza4me
Soccer/Pizza4me
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by scottallison1 9/13/2014, 11:01 pm

( what happen to manchild?)

Pre-Academy

scottallison1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer/Pizza4me 9/14/2014, 8:52 am

scottallison1 wrote:( what happen to manchild?)

Pre-Academy

Which team? I heard he played last week.
Soccer/Pizza4me
Soccer/Pizza4me
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Nation 9/14/2014, 11:14 am

The man child is still on the Ayses. He's not going to surprise anyone anymore. I would imagine Gonclaves doubled him. I know Solar just made sure they were always aware of where he was on the field. Both teams basically made someone other than the man child try to beat them. That's the problem with having what appears to be 1 dominant player.

Andro 4 Solar 0...completely unpredictable. Not to make an excuse for Solar but I heard Solar's #1 goalie wasn't allowed to start because he didn't have a number on his jersey & weren't allowed to tape or draw on a number. By the time Solar borrowed a jersey from LP they were already down 1-0. The kid came on just before half & gave up a goal. From what Andro parents said Solar's goalie had some great saves but gave up a header on a good shot & a cheap 1 for #4. Being 12-13 I'm betting Solar never recovered mentally from the shock of their goalie not starting. Not to take anything from Andro, they looked strong. They controlled the ball in the air, attacked & played good defense. The big blonde kid playing sweeper was awesome! Just curious....isn't the Andro team a former Texans team? Aren't they dual roster pre-academy?

I guess LPO vs DTS didn't live up to the hype...on the sidelines anyway. Good job parents & coaches for not being a distraction : )
Sporting U won the battle of the new comers. Congrats SU!
LP Rush still going strong.

Keep working hard boys & making North Texas soccer the measuring stick : )

Dragon Nation
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 9/14/2014, 12:25 pm

The man child just isn't so physically dominant any more. Still has a good turn of speed and tricky with the ball but the gap has closed and opponents know what to expect. Goncalves did not need to double up on him just didn't give him space or let him turn.
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SailorMoon 9/15/2014, 9:04 am

Dragon Nation wrote:The man child is still on the Ayses.  He's not going to surprise anyone anymore.  I would imagine Gonclaves doubled him.  I know Solar just made sure they were always aware of where he was on the field.  Both teams basically made someone other than the man child try to beat them.  That's the problem with having what appears to be 1 dominant player.  

Andro 4 Solar 0...completely unpredictable.  Not to make an excuse for Solar but I heard Solar's #1 goalie wasn't allowed to start because he didn't have a number on his jersey & weren't allowed to tape or draw on a number.  By the time Solar borrowed a jersey from LP they were already down 1-0.  The kid came on just before half & gave up a goal.  From what Andro parents said Solar's goalie had some great saves but gave up a header on a good shot & a cheap 1 for #4.  Being 12-13 I'm betting Solar never recovered mentally from the shock of their goalie not starting.  Not to take anything from Andro, they looked strong.  They controlled the ball in the air, attacked & played good defense.  The big blonde kid playing sweeper was awesome!  Just curious....isn't the Andro team a former Texans team?  Aren't they dual roster pre-academy?

I guess LPO vs DTS didn't live up to the hype...on the sidelines anyway.  Good job parents & coaches for not being a distraction : )
Sporting U won the battle of the new comers.  Congrats SU!

This, to me, is very surprising for a Solar team. Heck for any team. Goalkeeper's jersey has to have a number. It's always been that way. Not sure why they wouldn't be expecting this.

SailorMoon
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by wulfgar07 9/15/2014, 9:38 am

Maybe he mistakenly packed his practice jersey instead of his game jersey.
Kids (and adults) are prone to forget things.
I'm pretty sure the youngster will double-check next time.

wulfgar07
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by foghornleghorn 9/15/2014, 10:06 am

davito wrote:The man child just isn't so physically dominant any more. Still has a good turn of speed and tricky with the ball but the gap has closed and opponents know what to expect. Goncalves did not need to double up on him just didn't give him space or let him turn.

Agree with this. When the boys played U12 (and earlier) he was a dominant force on AG, but now the boys are catching up. Not to take anything away from him, as he is still a skilled player and one to keep an eye on, I just don't think his size advantage is to the level we were all once used to.
foghornleghorn
foghornleghorn
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/15/2014, 9:49 pm

I don't think "man-child" is the right term anymore. Yea...he still has the beginnings of a mustache, but he is nowhere as big, strong and fast as a lot of players in the league now. I think that advantage time has passed. Still a good player...but that growth advantage is gone IMHO. Even in the spring, I didn't see the advantage that there once was.

Back to top Go down

Post by Laroja_2012 9/16/2014, 5:45 am

Dragon Nation wrote:isn't the Andro team a former Texans team?  Aren't they dual roster pre-academy?

yes, this is the team that Thornber brought with him from the Dallas Texans after he was fired by HN. The parents and the kids really loved him and they all moved with him to Andromeda.

Laroja_2012
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by wulfgar07 9/16/2014, 6:34 am

Laroja_2012 wrote:
Dragon Nation wrote:isn't the Andro team a former Texans team?  Aren't they dual roster pre-academy?

yes, this is the team that Thornber brought with him from the Dallas Texans after he was fired by HN. The parents and the kids really loved him and they all moved with him to Andromeda.

The 2nd part of Dragon Nation's question was: "Aren't they dual roster pre-academy?".
If so, why didn't DTS and FCD not dual roster their PA players also?

Sounds like Thornber's letting his kids get more touches on the ball and some may not play much in PA.
So why not allow the youngsters to get more touches in CL?

If this is true, I think Coach Thornber did the right thing for these kids.

wulfgar07
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by OnestrikeOnegoal 9/16/2014, 10:48 am

SailorMoon wrote:
Dragon Nation wrote:The man child is still on the Ayses.  He's not going to surprise anyone anymore.  I would imagine Gonclaves doubled him.  I know Solar just made sure they were always aware of where he was on the field.  Both teams basically made someone other than the man child try to beat them.  That's the problem with having what appears to be 1 dominant player.  

Andro 4 Solar 0...completely unpredictable.  Not to make an excuse for Solar but I heard Solar's #1 goalie wasn't allowed to start because he didn't have a number on his jersey & weren't allowed to tape or draw on a number.  By the time Solar borrowed a jersey from LP they were already down 1-0.  The kid came on just before half & gave up a goal.  From what Andro parents said Solar's goalie had some great saves but gave up a header on a good shot & a cheap 1 for #4.  Being 12-13 I'm betting Solar never recovered mentally from the shock of their goalie not starting.  Not to take anything from Andro, they looked strong.  They controlled the ball in the air, attacked & played good defense.  The big blonde kid playing sweeper was awesome!  Just curious....isn't the Andro team a former Texans team?  Aren't they dual roster pre-academy?

I guess LPO vs DTS didn't live up to the hype...on the sidelines anyway.  Good job parents & coaches for not being a distraction : )
Sporting U won the battle of the new comers.  Congrats SU!

This, to  me, is very surprising for a Solar team.  Heck for any team.  Goalkeeper's jersey has to have a number.  It's always been that way.  Not sure why they wouldn't be expecting this.  
I believe the kid from Ayses is a force to be reckon with but he has no support group behind him. At this age group the days of dribbling down the field and scoring are over. He needs to change teams to bring out the best of his abilities as a soccer player.
OnestrikeOnegoal
OnestrikeOnegoal
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Nation 9/17/2014, 1:50 am

I think DTS & FCD do have some dual rostered kids but I'm not sure.  I don't think anyone should be allowed to dual roster.  I question the fairness of it.  I think once you choose to go pre-academy you shouldn't be able to come back down to CL for a year.  I mean what's the difference between this & allowing D1 kids to play in DII & DIII all at the same time?  I mean they would get a lot of touches & play in a lot of games right?  It makes as much sense as a D1 team going to a tournament they know only has DIII & Arlington teams.  Doesn't seem fair.  Just my opinion.

Dragon Nation
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by wulfgar07 9/17/2014, 5:39 am

PA doesn't play a lot of games.
Also, some DII teams can beat DI teams on any given day.
If DTS & FCD are using PA players, why aren't they blowing out their competition?
PA sometimes have kids whose parents have the extra time to take them to more practices.
Also, the Liverpool teams have players who play in NPL, right? NPL also has more practices and the same amount of games as PA. And they're most definitely dual-rostered.

wulfgar07
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerdad79 9/17/2014, 7:01 am

Dragon Nation wrote:I think DTS & FCD do have some dual rostered kids but I'm not sure.  I don't think anyone should be allowed to dual roster.  I question the fairness of it.  I think once you choose to go pre-academy you shouldn't be able to come back down to CL for a year.  I mean what's the difference between this & allowing D1 kids to play in DII & DIII all at the same time?  I mean they would get a lot of touches & play in a lot of games right?  It makes as much sense as a D1 team going to a tournament they know only has DIII & Arlington teams.  Doesn't seem fair.  Just my opinion.

DTS does not have any dual roster players. Not so sure about solar.
Soccerdad79
Soccerdad79
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 9/17/2014, 7:10 am

wulfgar07 wrote:PA doesn't play a lot of games.
Also, some DII teams can beat DI teams on any given day.
If DTS & FCD are using PA players, why aren't they blowing out their competition?
PA sometimes have kids whose parents have the extra time to take them to more practices.
Also, the Liverpool teams have players who play in NPL, right? NPL also has more practices and the same amount of games as PA. And they're most definitely dual-rostered.

Just to clarify, PA plays more games than CL.
Not sure the NPL can be compared directly with PA. I see no problem with dual rosters in CL/PA if your bb can handle all the training and keep up with his schoolwork.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by wulfgar07 9/17/2014, 7:59 am

I did not know that PA played more games than CL.
A friend of mine son plays PA Texans.
They don't have that many games, especially given the fact that not all rostered kids even get to travel.
That non-travelling kid's getting screwed (mostly by his delusional parent) since he cannot play CL, but sits the bench in PA.
NPL may not be up to PA's level, but the kids are getting more training than CL non-PA/NPL kids.

wulfgar07
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbolista 9/17/2014, 8:23 am

DTS has no dual rostered PA players. Those who played with PA team last season went full time this season. What is the main difference playing PA vs NPL? Does anyone know why LP isn't doing PA or Academy?
futbolista
futbolista
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by vaquero 9/17/2014, 8:52 am

PA plays less games. 01"s last year played anywhere from 12-16 games for the whole season and far less tournaments.... Remember it's about development. No dual rostered PA players on FCD Pino but looks like they could use some.
vaquero
vaquero
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint 9/17/2014, 8:56 am

futbolista wrote:DTS has no dual rostered PA players. Those who played with PA team last season went full time this season. What is the main difference playing PA vs NPL? Does anyone know why LP isn't doing PA or Academy?

Don't know all the differences but PA is put on by US Club soccer and DA is put on by US Soccer. Don't know who runs NPL. The DA is only four clubs in NTX (Texans, Solar, Andromeda and FCD). PA is a different organization but mirrors DA in terms of clubs in NTX that are in it.

Liverpool isn't in the DA so can't play there, and not sure if they have tried to get into the PA league or what the rules are for joining.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint 9/17/2014, 8:58 am

vaquero wrote:PA plays less games. 01"s last year played anywhere from 12-16 games for the whole season and far less tournaments.... Remember it's about development. No dual rostered PA players on FCD Pino but looks like they could use some.

Last year most of the 01s were dual rostered with CL and PA as there were less games. This year, I think it sets up for around 24 or 26 games for 01 PA, so a few more than CL.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 9/17/2014, 10:24 am

I think someone said Andromeda 02 (previously Thornber Texans) are doing both PA and CL. I don't think the other clubs are really doing PA for the 02 birth year. So what PA are Andro Thornber doing? 01 or 02?
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next