Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

What have we learned at seasons midpoint? Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

What have we learned at seasons midpoint?

+4
Bigskinny29
Dragon Nation
Gotogoal
oldschoolsoccer
8 posters

Go down

What have we learned at seasons midpoint? Empty What have we learned at seasons midpoint?

Post by oldschoolsoccer 9/28/2014, 4:53 pm

Really just wanted to start any thread other then the dang Forzi one. But what do people think does anything looked settled in D1,2 or 3? Any surprises with records?

For me seeing Sporting at top of D1 is a surprise but I think their schedule starts getting a lot harder in the second half.

oldschoolsoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

What have we learned at seasons midpoint? Empty Re: What have we learned at seasons midpoint?

Post by Gotogoal 9/28/2014, 9:15 pm

Well, most of those who will justify by whining about pre academy taking players. I have no allegiance to stricker but a few of these teams reloaded with good players or they are better coaches. Specially pino and Adames didn't get the job done from where they were. That is the key deal here.

I am sure that's a tough statement for those new entrants but the results speak for themselves.

Gotogoal
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

What have we learned at seasons midpoint? Empty Re: What have we learned at seasons midpoint?

Post by Dragon Nation 9/28/2014, 9:48 pm

Hmmm surprises, Sporting U coming out the gate on top of D1 after 3 weeks (congrats). Solar retooling with a bunch of D2 & D3 kids and holding their own (nice come back win against a strong LP Rush team). Biggest surprises FCD Premier & DTS in 9th & 10 place in D1 (don't count either of these teams out just yet).

Dragon Nation
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigskinny29 9/29/2014, 9:01 am

If last year taught us anything, it was that there is still plenty of soccer left to be played. DTS was struggling at this point last year as well and stormed back in the Spring session and won it. Im not saying that will happen again this year, Im just pointing out that taking the league's pulse 4 games into an 18 game season may be a bit premature. Midpoint might be a better gauge. However, I will fall in line with the rest and agree that SU atop the table is a surprise. Nothing against them as a team at all as they are a good team obviously. But I would have put my money on Pino, Thornber, and LP Owen as being the top 3 by this time.
Bigskinny29
Bigskinny29
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by childplease! 9/29/2014, 10:07 am

If Pino keeps that big keeper and that awesome little forward, they'll definitely work their way back into the Top-5.

No doubt that Sporting's good. But winning against Mexico, Ayses, a depleted DTS team, and tying Gonclaves proves that they can keep up with Gonclaves.
Next up for Sporting will be Andomeda, then Liverpool Rush, followed by a Thursday night Liverpool Owen, then FCD Pino, and finally Solar Red.

For Sporting, I see 3 losses: Andomeda, Solar Red, & LP Rush.
1 possible win: FCD Pino.
1 tie: Liverpool Owen (if Owen doesn't crowd the box on defense and not depend on 1 forward). Good team, Bad scheme.

childplease!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by golazo02 9/29/2014, 10:10 am

DTS is struggling, but at least the boys who left for PA are doing well!
Hats off to them in their victory on Sunday against a tough FC Dallas PA team that didn't lose a single game last season.

golazo02
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by childplease! 9/29/2014, 10:20 am

golazo02 wrote:DTS is struggling, but at least the boys who left for PA are doing well!
Hats off to them in their victory on Sunday against a tough FC Dallas PA team that didn't lose a single game last season.

Those DT PA boys are no joke!
Good job DT PA!
Way to handle your business vs. a very talented FCD squad.

childplease!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbolista 9/29/2014, 10:52 am

Many surprises so far. I didn't expect DTS and FCD Premier to be on the bottom of the rankings but there still is plenty of soccer left. Not counting either team out. Too many close games so far so no clear favorites.
futbolista
futbolista
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by childplease! 10/2/2014, 12:42 pm

?

childplease!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/2/2014, 4:41 pm

Dragon Nation wrote:Hmmm surprises, Sporting U coming out the gate on top of D1 after 3 weeks (congrats).  Solar retooling with a bunch of D2 & D3 kids and holding their own (nice come back win against a strong LP Rush team).  Biggest surprises FCD Premier & DTS in 9th & 10 place in D1 (don't count either of these teams out just yet).

I agree as to FCD Prem. I thought they would re-load. I thought LP Rush would be tough, but I did not see them that far up. In D2, FCD Central I thought they would do well, but not be at the top, especially when I saw them play previously. Could have been an off match.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigskinny29 10/3/2014, 7:52 am

Hey, what happened to the verbiage in our posts? I didn't remove or edit what I wrote in this thread. Odd.....
Bigskinny29
Bigskinny29
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by childplease! 10/3/2014, 9:23 am

Bigskinny29 wrote:Hey, what happened to the verbiage in our posts?  I didn't remove or edit what I wrote in this thread.  Odd.....

I know, right?
We did not argue nor use profanity like the whole "99 prediction posts"!( which I really enjoyed reading). Laughing

But, by questioning this, I'm sure to get banned (again).

So see you around!

At least take me out with a Drum-Roll this time.

childplease!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigskinny29 10/3/2014, 9:54 am

childplease! wrote:
Bigskinny29 wrote:Hey, what happened to the verbiage in our posts?  I didn't remove or edit what I wrote in this thread.  Odd.....

I know, right?
We did not argue nor use profanity like the whole "99 prediction posts"!( which I really enjoyed reading). Laughing

So see you around!

rat....tat.....ratatat. rat....tat...ratatat. like that? LOL

This was actually a good, logical, mostly educated thread. Unlike that Forzi thread.
Bigskinny29
Bigskinny29
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by childplease! 10/3/2014, 10:38 am

Bigskinny29 wrote:
childplease! wrote:

I know, right?

So see you around!

rat....tat.....ratatat.    rat....tat...ratatat.  like that?     LOL  

This was actually a good, logical, mostly educated thread.  Unlike that Forzi thread.

Thanks sir.
But why aim I still here?!?
I already have a bad-@$$ new screen-name on standby! Sad

childplease!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigskinny29 10/3/2014, 10:55 am

Well looky there - our posts are back.
Bigskinny29
Bigskinny29
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sumsoccer4u 10/3/2014, 11:17 am

conspiracy
sumsoccer4u
sumsoccer4u
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down