Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

What we learned after this weekend... Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

What we learned after this weekend...

+3
rqps
Freeatlast
eredivisie
7 posters

Go down

What we learned after this weekend... Empty What we learned after this weekend...

Post by eredivisie 8/17/2009, 3:52 pm

What did we learn this weekend from the Texas Summer Classic and Dr Pepper Fair Play tournaments? My thoughts:

• Tejanos and Rev Premier will likely struggle in D1 this year - Tejanos tied a D3 team and lost to Club Classic a D2 team, RP lost 4-2 to a D3 team.
  • Real Madrid appears to have improved their talent and play significantly since last year.
  • Solar is even further ahead of Diego's TFC Royal (formerly FCD) with a 7 - 0 blowout in the finals. TFC Royal was previously the only team to consistently challenge Solar with hard fought 3-2 losses in the two previous matches.
  • Texas Longhorns Orange will probably fall to D3 after having lost 3 straight games including 2 losses to non-Classic teams by a combined score of 0 - 8.
  • Club Classic looks good - so far. We need to see them against better teams before saying they should be able to move up to D1. Labor Day results should be a better test.
  • FWFC and Andromeda White are good teams that will challenge for the top spot of D3.

What did you learn?

eredivisie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

What we learned after this weekend... Empty Re: What we learned after this weekend...

Post by Freeatlast 8/17/2009, 7:35 pm

I think that is a good analysis based on the weekend results. Surprised that TFC Royal got stung that badly; did they lose a couple of good players or something when they switched clubs? Also surprised that Tejanos showed so poorly; they seemed to be on a roll at the end of spring but didn't show D1 ability this weekend. I was never that impressed with Longhorns even though they earned a ticket into D2 last year. 0-3 against that competition suggests a real long year coming up for them.

Freeatlast
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

What we learned after this weekend... Empty Re: What we learned after this weekend...

Post by rqps 8/17/2009, 9:33 pm

Too early to say teams will struggle... Tejanos dominated possession play in Andro White game and Club classic game. (obviously possession does not win games) Shooting practice will help them close games out. Not taking anything way from CC they played well utilizing their strengths. FWFC will do well in D3, they dismantled Andro white in semi final.
Labor day should provide more insight as far as team strength. If Tejanos, Revolution struggle at Labor day it will be a very long season.
Solar is still head and shoulders above everyone else. Should be a fight for 2nd place. TFC Royal, Andro, Texans, Pumas and Solar Red fight it out for second place. I think Tigres, Real Madrid, Revolution, and Tejanos fight to stay in D1.
rqps
rqps
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeatlast 8/17/2009, 11:11 pm

Why do you think Tigres are at risk rather than Pumas? I thought Pumas were on a slide at the end of the year while Tigres were rising. Did Pumas do something to shore up over the summer?

Freeatlast
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by sokrparent 8/18/2009, 10:17 am

Not to take anything away from Solar, however, TFC, I heard was missing a couple of players/and or had some injuries to key players...but down 5-0 halftime is hard for any team to battle all the way back.

sokrparent
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by eredivisie 8/18/2009, 12:44 pm

rqps wrote:Too early to say teams will struggle... Tejanos dominated possession play in Andro White game and Club classic game. (obviously possession does not win games) Shooting practice will help them close games out. Not taking anything way from CC they played well utilizing their strengths. FWFC will do well in D3, they dismantled Andro white in semi final.
Labor day should provide more insight as far as team strength. If Tejanos, Revolution struggle at Labor day it will be a very long season.
RQPS - I am assuming that you didn't see the game based on that comment above. CC dominated play, Tejanos had very little controlled possesion on their offensive side of the field. In the first half alone, CC had more quality Shots on Goal then Tejanos had shots. Beyond a PK (where the offensive player had already lost possesion of the ball to the Keeper, but was thrown down by a defender) Tejanos did not score against either FWFC or CC.
I agree that they need help on finishing, however, it is well beyond what some "shooting practice" alone will help. Tejanos will struggle scoring in D1 against defenses much stronger than what they saw this weekend.
TFC was supposed to have improved with the addition of a new midfielder and defender. I heard that they retained everyone they targeted. Don't know about injuries or absences.

eredivisie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by rqps 8/18/2009, 12:56 pm

One of the Tigres better players moved over to Pumas, that is why I made that comment.
I was at the Tejanos/CC game and I suppose I saw it differently than you did. Since I dont have a kid on either team maybe that might have something to do with it. I do agree with you that if Tejanos do not improve their offensive production that it will be a hard year for them.
What tournament is CC playing in for Labor day... maybe we will get a rematch? Again not taking anything away from CC just saw the game differently.
rqps
rqps
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by irish86 8/23/2009, 5:15 pm

Solar 98 looked like they are ready for the Fall season...

irish86
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by swindler 8/23/2009, 5:44 pm

...is that even a good strong punt from a typical 98B keeper could hit Jerry's video scoreboard.
swindler
swindler
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FSFFL 8/27/2009, 2:27 pm

TM is just about dead...txsoccer is pretty cool...that's just what I learned. Cool
FSFFL
FSFFL
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down