Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Ok what now?  - Page 3 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Ok what now?

+18
golazo02
Sprint
finish1
childplease!
sumsoccer4u
The German
Admin
Rightback
SailorMoon
topof18
skillzski
GOOOAAALLL
Soccerdad47
ballMovement
Marvelousmar
Soccerinsanity
odie1993
manufan20
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Ok what now?  - Page 3 Empty Re: Ok what now?

Post by Guest 10/8/2014, 3:27 pm

Admin wrote:
childplease! wrote:But no one's criticizing this keeper.
I know what you're getting at.
But that keeper kid has received nothing but praise.
I guess it was the whole "lynch-mob" B.S. that had to be stopped.
Lynch-mobs where called that for a specific reason, to hang someone.
And you're siccing a "Lynch-Mob" on an African kid?
Let someone come on here and constantly blast your child like this.
You'll reall want to form your own lynch mob then.

It isn't simply criticism, it is duscussion of a minor without parental consent.   You cannot post any personal information on a minor online, it is illegal....positive, negative, whatever.  So, saying player so and so went to this club still isn't permitted and if I see it, I will remove it.  Simple, leave the kids and the direct player references out of it.  Most people on here are smart and you can discuss things without naming specifics.  

Admin - that statement is incorrect. It is not illegal. Not sure where you are getting your legal advice....but heck, in case you are right, I plan to sue every newspaper in the country who wrote articles about HS players...their stats, 4 or 5 star rating, where they signed to play for college. I will be counting my money....

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 10/8/2014, 4:11 pm

It is actually 100% correct for 02s, 13 and under. Child Privacy Protection Act. I'm not a lawyer and not sure how it applies here, but I error on the side of caution. My policy isn't going to change, playerd are off limits and if I see direct references I will delete the post, if there are too many the thread will go. It isn't that difficult.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by debit 10/8/2014, 5:00 pm

Admin wrote:It is actually 100% correct for 02s, 13 and under. Child Privacy Protection Act.  I'm not a lawyer and not sure how it applies here, but I error on the side of caution.  My policy isn't going to change, playerd are off limits and if I see direct references I will delete the post, if there are too many the thread will go.  It isn't that difficult.  

Then we should be ok with a particular player that has been mentioned in a few now-deleted threads since he's not "13 and under" as proven by the documents provided by speculated by the pitchfork bearers who've been told by their sources that it might actually be Samuel Eto'o. (note the source may or may not be cowpukes neighbor's nephew's friend who heard from a guy at school...)

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by winkipop77 10/8/2014, 10:03 pm

Why not focus on the Coach...not the kid? Why not call him/her out publicly on the forum? Coaches need to be held accountable (as do clubs, league officials, tournament directors etc.) when they do things that are to the detriment of youth soccer in NTX. This would of course include cheating by using overaged players, allowing dirty-play, perhaps even employing kick-and-run strategies etc. If this information was somehow tracked...repeat offenders could be identified, and then clubs that hired these types or parents that let their kids play for them would be guilty by association. The key is actually tracking/capturing the information so that it can be readily accessed, instead of just blowing hot air back and forth via a thread which may or may not be removed if it gets too colorful. Of course doing the later is perhaps the most popular and fun ways people use the forum, even if it is not the most intelligent.

Good job admin...keep up the good work. You have created a very useful tool if people can just figure out how to use most effectively.

winkipop77
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by sumsoccer4u 10/8/2014, 11:26 pm

winkipop77 wrote:Why not focus on the Coach...not the kid?  Why not call him/her out publicly on the forum?  Coaches need to be held accountable (as do clubs, league officials, tournament directors etc.) when they do things that are to the detriment of youth soccer in NTX. This would of course include cheating by using overaged players, allowing dirty-play, perhaps even employing kick-and-run strategies etc.  If this information was somehow tracked...repeat offenders could be identified, and then clubs that hired these types or parents that let their kids play for them would be guilty by association.  The key is actually tracking/capturing the information so that it can be readily accessed, instead of just blowing hot air back and forth via a thread which may or may not be removed if it gets too colorful.  Of course doing the later is perhaps the most popular and fun ways people use the forum, even if it is not the most intelligent.

Good job admin...keep up the good work.  You have created a very useful tool if people can just figure out how to use most effectively.

Said coach is also the founder of the club so how is he gonna fire himself?
sumsoccer4u
sumsoccer4u
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by winkipop77 10/9/2014, 10:29 am

He doesn't need to fire himself, that's not the point. The point is that the power of social media outlets like this forum should be leveraged somehow. Complaining about it is certainly one way...but a few months from now nobody will remember or care until the subject coach, or others like him, do it again with another team, in another age group. There has to be a better way, and I suggested we develop a way to capture/track these "alleged" actions. Then an intelligent person, whether its a parent, a league administrator, an owner of another club looking to hire coaches etc. can actually use the information. But again, blowing hot air back and forth is so much more fun...and entertaining to read:)

winkipop77
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mpcls55 10/9/2014, 1:13 pm

Since we went down the legality aspect of the discussion, what happens if the player in question is proven of age and everyone gets sued for slander in civil court? Then again, on the other hand, maybe he isn't a child and the law is not applicable. Either way the admin is the admin and his rules are not to be broken. That is only an attribute of CL. Rules there are meant to be broken!

mpcls55
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by sumsoccer4u 10/9/2014, 3:53 pm

silent
sumsoccer4u
sumsoccer4u
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerdad47 10/10/2014, 6:12 pm

Hasn't been this quiet in weeks.

Soccerdad47
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Nice Ball 10/10/2014, 6:24 pm

It's kind of nice. Maybe everyone has been able to get some work done over the last day or so.

Nice Ball
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ballMovement 10/10/2014, 6:48 pm

Well after the Admin deleted the threads, it became a buzz kill. Anyone have any updates on Forzi and overaged player?

ballMovement
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by debit 10/10/2014, 10:46 pm

Nice Ball wrote:It's kind of nice.  Maybe everyone has been able to get some work done over the last day or so.

Nah, we just switched over to college football message boards so we can call out individual players by name since they are 'of age'. You should try it. It's much more gratifying than working.

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum