Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Solar Red and CD Chivas merging? Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Solar Red and CD Chivas merging?

+16
Ibystander
UEFAfan
happyfeet
EOB
quickfoot
eagle
Futbolito
norwich city
THE NEEDLE
mkl662
Aswan
outtabounds
Its Me
soccerrus2
Gkeeper
mediocampista
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Solar Red and CD Chivas merging? Empty Solar Red and CD Chivas merging?

Post by mediocampista 5/28/2010, 7:48 am

I heard a rumor that Solar Red and Chivas 95 boys are merging teams. Any truth to this?
mediocampista
mediocampista
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Solar Red and CD Chivas merging? Empty Re: Solar Red and CD Chivas merging?

Post by Gkeeper 5/28/2010, 8:03 am

They were practicing together last night.

Gkeeper
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 6/4/2010, 2:12 pm

mediocampista wrote:I heard a rumor that Solar Red and Chivas 95 boys are merging teams. Any truth to this?
Ding Ding Ding!!

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Me 6/6/2010, 7:47 pm

If they merge who is going to give up and lose their bye. Solar Red or Chivas? Or will they try to form two teams?
Its Me
Its Me
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by outtabounds 6/6/2010, 11:59 pm

Its Me wrote:If they merge who is going to give up and lose their bye. Solar Red or Chivas? Or will they try to form two teams?
Just a rumor but I heard yesterday that Chivas is going to lose the bye. Can anyone confirm?

outtabounds
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Aswan 6/7/2010, 8:43 am

Solar Red has also qualified for Premier League for next year and likely will receive an invitation to play in the National League. Having won Disney Showcase this year, they likely would get a return invite. Presusmably then, Chivas would give up their bye and merge into Solar Red in order to have the advantage of playing in these venues.
Aswan
Aswan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mkl662 6/7/2010, 4:03 pm

alot may change now that Maric has left Solar to go to Andro. Most likely the Chivas coach will take over the Solar's 95 Red

mkl662
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by THE NEEDLE 6/7/2010, 11:30 pm

Aswan wrote:Solar Red has also qualified for Premier League for next year and likely will receive an invitation to play in the National League. Having won Disney Showcase this year, they likely would get a return invite. Presusmably then, Chivas would give up their bye and merge into Solar Red in order to have the advantage of playing in these venues.
I think unless they have enough players returning they will lose the Premier League/National League opportunity.
THE NEEDLE
THE NEEDLE
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by norwich city 6/8/2010, 8:57 am

[quote="mkl662"]alot may change now that Maric has left Solar to go to Andro. Most likely the Chivas coach will take over the Solar's 95 Red[/quote
How are the two coaches diff. and alike ?
norwich city
norwich city
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Futbolito 6/11/2010, 2:30 am

Similarity: Both coach soccer
Difference: One is tall, one is not so tall
Fact: Andro Red is sitting pretty hoping for Solar/Chivas to give them a hand in climbing back up the slippery slide...and it is slippery Solar Red and CD Chivas merging? Icon_razz
Futbolito
Futbolito
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle 6/11/2010, 8:47 am

I have also heard that the current Club Classic West team is going to be given one of the FC Dallas D1 byes and that Club Classic will build a team from scratch to fill the D2 bye. If this happens there will be at least 2 D2 teams built from scratch( CCW and ASG Central as it looks like they may get their bye back). Not really great for the other D2 teams that should expect decent and representable competition. Maybe it is time to start scaling back the number of teams in Classic for U16 and older by just having D1 and D2.
eagle
eagle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by quickfoot 6/11/2010, 11:03 am

eagle wrote:I have also heard that the current Club Classic West team is going to be given one of the FC Dallas D1 byes and that Club Classic will build a team from scratch to fill the D2 bye. If this happens there will be at least 2 D2 teams built from scratch( CCW and ASG Central as it looks like they may get their bye back). Not really great for the other D2 teams that should expect decent and representable competition. Maybe it is time to start scaling back the number of teams in Classic for U16 and older by just having D1 and D2.
The D1 spot will be held by FC Dallas and will be called FC Dallas West. The D2 spot will be called CC West.
Don't forget...there will be a lot of fallout due to the academy's. They are stringing along players right now. Solar academy just started advertising their U16 and by the # of players going out to Andro U16 academy practices by the end of next week and start of the following, there will be many players scrambling.
quickfoot
quickfoot
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by EOB 6/11/2010, 11:27 am

quickfoot wrote:
eagle wrote:I have also heard that the current Club Classic West team is going to be given one of the FC Dallas D1 byes and that Club Classic will build a team from scratch to fill the D2 bye. If this happens there will be at least 2 D2 teams built from scratch( CCW and ASG Central as it looks like they may get their bye back). Not really great for the other D2 teams that should expect decent and representable competition. Maybe it is time to start scaling back the number of teams in Classic for U16 and older by just having D1 and D2.
The D1 spot will be held by FC Dallas and will be called FC Dallas West. The D2 spot will be called CC West.
Don't forget...there will be a lot of fallout due to the academy's. They are stringing along players right now. Solar academy just started advertising their U16 and by the # of players going out to Andro U16 academy practices by the end of next week and start of the following, there will be many players scrambling.
This sure seems odd that AG CAN coach both the FC Dallas West D1 team and the CC West D2 team ??? I have seen the CC West D2 team play and they are decent , but not decent enough to pull the vast majority of the team up to D1 and compete week in and week out. This whole Academy thing will be interesting for those kids moving clubs from D2 teams to D1 teams trying for a spot and then have a filter down of "cut" academy players potentially bumping those kids from spots-- causing them to scramble for last minute spots elsewhere. There has to be a better way ( i don;t have ideas) -- back to wringing my hands about my BB's spots. Solar Red and CD Chivas merging? Icon_eek
EOB
EOB
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by quickfoot 6/11/2010, 11:59 am

EOB wrote:
quickfoot wrote:
This sure seems odd that AG CAN coach both the FC Dallas West D1 team and the CC West D2 team ??? I have seen the CC West D2 team play and they are decent , but not decent enough to pull the vast majority of the team up to D1 and compete week in and week out. This whole Academy thing will be interesting for those kids moving clubs from D2 teams to D1 teams trying for a spot and then have a filter down of "cut" academy players potentially bumping those kids from spots-- causing them to scramble for last minute spots elsewhere. There has to be a better way ( i don;t have ideas) -- back to wringing my hands about my BB's spots. Solar Red and CD Chivas merging? Icon_eek
Yes, there has to be a better way I agree. But I do disagree with your statement about "decent". IMHO everybody is just "decent". Your bigger athletic teams are winning right now. If you watched Solar 95 in State Cup, they really looked mediocre. I was sitting there thinking how they could be at the top of D1? Look at what happened to the Hurst United team, they had a bumpy spring season...big,fast and couldn't finish. Here in North Texas success is defined by wins/losses. Right now for this U16 year your bigger less skilled teams are going to win. During your U17/U19 years it comes down to skill and your decisions on the field and the type of coach you have. I'm just saying that everybody is just "decent". There are a few that have both. CDI for instance. They have skill, speed and have a player that can finish. If this team holds it together they will be fun to watch. And they finished 6th this year. Please don't think I am dishing the other teams. I'm just saying success is not defined solely on wins/losses and where you stand in a certain division. Parents/players need to look beyond that and many don't. Until that changes players will always be scrambling at the last minute...same old story different year.
quickfoot
quickfoot
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by EOB 6/11/2010, 1:34 pm

quickfoot wrote:
EOB wrote:
quickfoot wrote:
Yes, there has to be a better way I agree. But I do disagree with your statement about "decent". IMHO everybody is just "decent". Your bigger athletic teams are winning right now. If you watched Solar 95 in State Cup, they really looked mediocre. I was sitting there thinking how they could be at the top of D1? Look at what happened to the Hurst United team, they had a bumpy spring season...big,fast and couldn't finish. Here in North Texas success is defined by wins/losses. Right now for this U16 year your bigger less skilled teams are going to win. During your U17/U19 years it comes down to skill and your decisions on the field and the type of coach you have. I'm just saying that everybody is just "decent". There are a few that have both. CDI for instance. They have skill, speed and have a player that can finish. If this team holds it together they will be fun to watch. And they finished 6th this year. Please don't think I am dishing the other teams. I'm just saying success is not defined solely on wins/losses and where you stand in a certain division. Parents/players need to look beyond that and many don't. Until that changes players will always be scrambling at the last minute...same old story different year.
Quickfooted one-- as a parent of a kid that will more than likely get an academic schlorship and then MAYBE play soccer if the school offers the program-- we are looking for different things out of Club Soccer. For a kid like ours -- it is about playing time and competiting. Getting our money's worth at the "right" level of play. Soccer will move down the priority ladder for 5-6 years after he graduates HS. To a large degree -- the last 5-7 years have been about developement -- the next ones will be more about the "love" of the game, competiting and learning teamwork and life lessons.
Carry ON !!
EOB
EOB
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Futbolito 6/11/2010, 6:25 pm

A lot of blah, blah, blah, but looks like no one here knows if Solar or Chivas are giving up one of the D1 byes, or not?
Futbolito
Futbolito
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by quickfoot 6/11/2010, 6:54 pm

Futbolito wrote:A lot of blah, blah, blah, but looks like no one here knows if Solar or Chivas are giving up one of the D1 byes, or not?
Best guess is that Chivas is leaving their bye behind. I doubt he has 75% of players going with him. By looking at his roster 14 players would have to go over. I also doubt Solar has a coach to fill two teams. I think that's the reason Chivas is going over. I'm just saying...
quickfoot
quickfoot
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by quickfoot 6/13/2010, 8:23 pm

Solar has listed Max Martinez as the Solar Red 96 coach. I guess he is going to coach 95's & 96's?
quickfoot
quickfoot
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 7/2/2010, 6:28 am

Futbolito wrote:A lot of blah, blah, blah, but looks like no one here knows if Solar or Chivas are giving up one of the D1 byes, or not?
Looks like no byes are given up. Solar Red keeps theirs and the Chivas spot becomes Solar White. Solar Blue will be in D2. Solar '95 will have 3 teams in D1.

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by happyfeet 7/2/2010, 7:16 am

Since the board has not met to discuss these "mergers", all of this is speculation...some more accurate than others. Bye applications will be discussed on July 17 at the next commissioners meeting and voted on later that day.
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Futbolito 7/2/2010, 8:21 am

...and Andro Red, Solar White folks sit for two weeks waiting to find out their fate. Did they actually acquire one of the ten coveted spots in D1? ...Will Solar Blue get bumped out of D2 if Solar White gets bumped out of D1? Meanwhile, a middle of the road D2 team, quietly jumps the line and becomes D1's FCD West...
I can't wait to watch the next episode of "As the 95 Ball Turns", "Days of our 95 balls", and "All my 95 Soccer Children"... Let's have a soccer soap opera watching party, yes? Solar Red and CD Chivas merging? Drunken_smilie Solar Red and CD Chivas merging? Drunken_smilie Solar Red and CD Chivas merging? Drunken_smilie Solar Red and CD Chivas merging? Drunken_smilie
Futbolito
Futbolito
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 7/2/2010, 8:57 am

happyfeet wrote:Since the board has not met to discuss these "mergers", all of this is speculation...some more accurate than others. Bye applications will be discussed on July 17 at the next commissioners meeting and voted on later that day.
Wes: When was the last time the board has denied a request for a merger...especially when it involves either Solar or Texans?

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by UEFAfan 7/2/2010, 9:40 am

soccerrus2 wrote:
happyfeet wrote:Since the board has not met to discuss these "mergers", all of this is speculation...some more accurate than others. Bye applications will be discussed on July 17 at the next commissioners meeting and voted on later that day.
Wes: When was the last time the board has denied a request for a merger...especially when it involves either Solar or Texans?

I also hear it's not a done deal yet...Solar shouldn't count on those 3 D1 byes too quickly... Solar Red and CD Chivas merging? Icon_eek
UEFAfan
UEFAfan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 7/2/2010, 9:51 am

Futbolito wrote:...and Andro Red, Solar White folks sit for two weeks waiting to find out their fate. Did they actually acquire one of the ten coveted spots in D1? ...Will Solar Blue get bumped out of D2 if Solar White gets bumped out of D1? Meanwhile, a middle of the road D2 team, quietly jumps the line and becomes D1's FCD West...
I can't wait to watch the next episode of "As the 95 Ball Turns", "Days of our 95 balls", and "All my 95 Soccer Children"... Let's have a soccer soap opera watching party, yes? Solar Red and CD Chivas merging? Drunken_smilie Solar Red and CD Chivas merging? Drunken_smilie Solar Red and CD Chivas merging? Drunken_smilie Solar Red and CD Chivas merging? Drunken_smilie
Find a way to make it romantic, then I'll watch it Exclamation
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by happyfeet 7/2/2010, 10:28 am

soccerrus2 wrote:
Not Wes...just one of his minions. Solar Red and CD Chivas merging? Icon_lol
All mergers are looked at on an individual basis. There is language in CL rules that talk about mergers. In the cases you refer to, it has been clear that the merger was a real merge and not cherry picking specific teams.
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next