Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Best coach in 99 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Best coach in 99

+5
Soccerinsanity
finish1
letsgo
omega striker
earbucket
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Best coach in 99 Empty Best coach in 99

Post by earbucket 4/16/2015, 9:28 am

Asking for a friend (ha!). In your opinion who is the best coach in the 99 leagues and why?

Player is looking to join a team where possession is emphasized and high soccer IQ is valued. He is looking to be challenged, playing time has to be earned and development is a benchmark. Player was on varsity as a freshman, but wants to be pushed more. Doesn't want kid glove treatment, but wants fair and just assessment from the coach for every session/game and constructive feedback.

Practice area does not make a difference, but lives in Plano/Frisco area.

earbucket
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Best coach in 99 Empty Re: Best coach in 99

Post by omega striker 4/17/2015, 12:11 pm

earbucket wrote:Asking for a friend (ha!).  In your opinion who is the best coach in the 99 leagues and why?  

Player is looking to join a team where possession is emphasized and high soccer IQ is valued.  He is looking to be challenged, playing time has to be earned and development is a benchmark.  Player was on varsity as a freshman, but wants to be pushed more.  Doesn't want kid glove treatment, but wants fair and just assessment from the coach for every session/game and constructive feedback.  

well hands down that has to be Nuno Passos over at Solar Red he will shoot it to the straight as an arrow Wink
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by letsgo 4/18/2015, 7:00 pm

omega striker wrote:
earbucket wrote:Asking for a friend (ha!).  In your opinion who is the best coach in the 99 leagues and why?  

Player is looking to join a team where possession is emphasized and high soccer IQ is valued.  He is looking to be challenged, playing time has to be earned and development is a benchmark.  Player was on varsity as a freshman, but wants to be pushed more.  Doesn't want kid glove treatment, but wants fair and just assessment from the coach for every session/game and constructive feedback.  

well hands down that has to be Nuno Passos over at Solar Red he will shoot it to the straight as an arrow Wink

Well, it is hard to say who the best coach in 99 age group is because we all have different point of views. But I do know that Passos is the best recruiter in that age group(not best coach), sort of like a car salesman. If you are looking for "possession and high soccer IQ", then you should go to Ayses.

letsgo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 4/18/2015, 10:47 pm

letsgo wrote:
omega striker wrote:

Well, it is hard to say who the best coach in 99 age group is because we all have different point of views. But I do know that Passos is the best recruiter in that age group(not best coach), sort of like a car salesman. If you are looking for "possession and high soccer IQ", then you should go to Ayses.
are you serious? whats Olali doing that's better? matter of fact why don't you ask those parents where their going next season?
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by letsgo 4/19/2015, 1:11 am

If Passos was a great coach then why is he struggling now with his team? Yeah, yeah. Some of his top players left, but that is the same story for all "original" top 5 teams. I guess this time they did not let him dual roster most of his players Very Happy. The better question is what is Passos doing better than Olali? Both did not make DC, both are fighting for top 5 spot, and I will even go as far as both fighting for PL spot!

letsgo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 4/19/2015, 7:57 am

Letsgo, you are out of your league. Nuno's Solar Red 99 is the most successful team in their age group. No one else comes close. He had to rebuild that team from the ground up several times over the years.

The last time I saw Ayses play, their style was typical NTX garbage soccer of kick it to a fast forward and run at the net. LOL! That is good for a goal or two, but you can't win anything with it.

finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 4/19/2015, 8:00 am

letsgo wrote:If Passos was a great coach then why is he struggling now with his team? Yeah, yeah. Some of his top players left, but that is the same story for all "original" top 5 teams. I guess this time they did not let him dual roster most of his players Very Happy. The better question is what is Passos doing better than Olali? Both did not make DC, both are fighting for top 5 spot, and I will even go as far as both fighting for PL spot!
Passos is the ONLY coach in the 99's to win Classic league D1 3 years straight in a row, he is the only coach to win back to back PLW championships and make the same in the National champions semis, and struggling this year? his team has only lost twice and 1-0 at that and yea maybe they wont win the league this year but no other coach has finished first or second since U11, most of the top teams and coaches from U11 aren't even around today with the exception of Edgar Hernandez who has always gone toe to toe with Passos each and every year but you didn't say Hernandez you said Olali whos team is fighting to stay in D1 and a team that will lose half of its players in june so go figure Rolling Eyes
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 4/19/2015, 10:20 am

I've heard Olali likes to play a sophiscated political game...is that why players will be leaving?
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 4/19/2015, 10:48 am

Soccerinsanity wrote:I've heard Olali likes to play a sophiscated political game...is that why players will be leaving?
yea something like that is what I heard and that he is NO different than any other NTX coach and does his fair share of recruiting and BS Razz
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 4/19/2015, 5:49 pm

I've heard he does his recruiting before June 1....no use visiting after that date.
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by letsgo 4/19/2015, 6:23 pm

omega striker wrote:
letsgo wrote:If Passos was a great coach then why is he struggling now with his team? Yeah, yeah. Some of his top players left, but that is the same story for all "original" top 5 teams. I guess this time they did not let him dual roster most of his players Very Happy. The better question is what is Passos doing better than Olali? Both did not make DC, both are fighting for top 5 spot, and I will even go as far as both fighting for PL spot!
Passos is the ONLY coach in the 99's to win Classic league D1 3 years straight in a row, he is the only coach to win back to back PLW championships and make the same in the National champions semis, and struggling this year? his team has only lost twice and 1-0 at that and yea maybe they wont win the league this year but no other coach has finished first or second since U11, most of the  top teams and coaches from U11 aren't even around today with the exception of Edgar Hernandez who has always gone toe to toe with Passos each and every year but you didn't say Hernandez you said Olali  whos team is fighting to stay in D1 and a team that will lose half of its players in june so go figure Rolling Eyes

He is also the only coach to use more than three Dual Roster PA academy those 3 years in order to win, while the other teams let their players go full time. Everyone has to rebuild every year. There is no team that stays with the same roster every year! Hernandez lost plenty of players, Team Dynamo disappeared (THE DREAM TEAM), Connell lost some players, even the original Barcelona (the good one that we all remember) lost some players to the higher leagues but Passos was the only one to have his players to be dual rostered in order to win. Do you think the result would have been the same if Hernandez required his BB and company to play for him all those years? Or if Connell told the Dark Lord to send 3 dual roster players to finish on top of the table? You guys are always bashing on development, yet you just pointed out that wins are better than development with your post! I do agree that Hernandez is up there with Passos, but knowing that the original poster claimed that they lived in Frisco I did not mention him since he trains in the south. If Passos was so good, then why don't your BBs play for them?

letsgo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 4/19/2015, 8:38 pm

Dude, you're all over the map with your analogies. Btw- The Dynamo wasn't so dreamy. They won CL and SC U11 and never repeated that task ( I was there). Too much drama and too many oversized egos.

I was also there with Nuno's Band of Gypsies. The best group of parents and kids I've met so far in NTX. Good folks all around!

You have anger issues with Nuno and that's ok. Winners win and losers hate.

Let it go, letsgo. Accept the reality and move on.

To the OP, if you're trying to break into Select at U17, you may be better served to play HS soccer. Our age group is nearing the end of the road. Life is right around the corner for our boys...

finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by letsgo 4/19/2015, 8:52 pm

finish1 wrote:Dude, you're all over the map with your analogies. Btw- The Dynamo wasn't so dreamy. They won CL and SC U11 and never repeated that task ( I was there). Too much drama and too many oversized egos.

I was also there with Nuno's Band of Gypsies. The best group of parents and kids I've met so far in NTX. Good folks all around!

To the OP, if you're trying to break into Select at U17, you may be better served to play HS soccer. Our age group is nearing the end of the road. Life is right around the corner for our boys...

Then, why didn't you stay?
And I see what you did there. Very Happy

BTW, I am not hating. Just stating the obvious. Just a friendly argument with my buddy OS, nothing personal!

letsgo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket 4/19/2015, 10:56 pm

finish1 wrote:Dude, you're all over the map with your analogies. Btw- The Dynamo wasn't so dreamy. They won CL and SC U11 and never repeated that task ( I was there).

The kid has played select, he is just new to the area. And because he's an old freshman, does that mean he can play two years at U19?

earbucket
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 4/20/2015, 11:48 am

letsgo wrote:
finish1 wrote:Dude, you're all over the map with your analogies. Btw- The Dynamo wasn't so dreamy. They won CL and SC U11 and never repeated that task ( I was there). Too much drama and too many oversized egos.

Then, why didn't you stay?
And I see what you did there. Very Happy

BTW, I am not hating. Just stating the obvious. Just a friendly argument with my buddy OS, nothing personal!
its all good sir or whoever you are Laughing

but to answer your question why didn't we stay? My son just isn't good enough he was lucky enough to play there for the year and a half that he did plus the drive didn't help Razz
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 4/20/2015, 11:51 am

Soccerinsanity wrote:I've heard he does his recruiting before June 1....no use visiting after that date.
who exactly are you referring to? scratch
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Depor 4/20/2015, 2:47 pm

"Player is looking to join a team where possession is emphasized and high soccer IQ is valued. He is looking to be challenged, playing time has to be earned and development is a benchmark. Player was on varsity as a freshman, but wants to be pushed more. Doesn't want kid glove treatment, but wants fair and just assessment from the coach for every session/game and constructive feedback"
I suggest player moves to a different country (state?)! What he is looking for he will not see in the big state of Texas! .

Depor
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 4/20/2015, 4:34 pm

ok let me clarify a bit what NUNO and his Solar Red 99 Juggernaut has accomplished

3X league champion
3X state cup champion
2X premier league champion
1X super premier league champion
3rd place in the national league
2X regional champion
2X national bronze medalist

which other 99 coach can say that?
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 4/20/2015, 4:46 pm

letsgo wrote:
omega striker wrote:
Passos is the ONLY coach in the 99's to win Classic league D1 3 years straight in a row, he is the only coach to win back to back PLW championships and make the same in the National champions semis, and struggling this year? his team has only lost twice and 1-0 at that and yea maybe they wont win the league this year but no other coach has finished first or second since U11, most of the  top teams and coaches from U11 aren't even around today with the exception of Edgar Hernandez who has always gone toe to toe with Passos each and every year but you didn't say Hernandez you said Olali  whos team is fighting to stay in D1 and a team that will lose half of its players in june so go figure Rolling Eyes

He is also the only coach to use more than three Dual Roster PA academy those 3 years in order to win, while the other teams let their players go full time. Everyone has to rebuild every year. There is no team that stays with the same roster every year! Hernandez lost plenty of players, Team Dynamo disappeared (THE DREAM TEAM), Connell lost some players, even the original Barcelona (the good one that we all remember) lost some players to the higher leagues but Passos was the only one to have his players to be dual rostered in order to win. Do you think the result would have been the same if Hernandez required his BB and company to play for him all those years? Or if Connell told the Dark Lord to send 3 dual roster players to finish on top of the table? You guys are always bashing on development, yet you just pointed out that wins are better than development with your post! I do agree that Hernandez is up there with Passos, but knowing that the original poster claimed that they lived in Frisco I did not mention him since he trains in the south. If Passos was so good, then why don't your BBs play for them?
a lot of your info is incorrect first Connell wasn't even in D1 until 2nd or 3rd year and then all of the sudden he gets kids that previously the parents wouldn't dare bring their superstars to lol, but in the beginning all of the top teams were dual rostering and yes the Texans did it as well, including DTS, FCD did it and hell even Barcelona did it then with FCD and did it again this past season with another club.

and bashing the development is another argument Razz
this one is just about coaching in the 99s in NTX bom
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by letsgo 4/20/2015, 8:53 pm

I see you came back for more. Had to gather your data for several hours. Most teams did dual roster, but Solar abused it and I know that isn't against the rules. He had very talented players and knew when and how to recruit them. The players won him trophies!

letsgo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 4/21/2015, 4:31 pm

letsgo wrote:I see you came back for more. Had to gather your data for several hours. Most teams did dual roster, but Solar abused it and I know that isn't against the rules. He had very talented players and knew when and how to recruit them. The players won him trophies!
so I guess since ALL the teams especially the tops teams used "dual rostered" players nunos were just better than the Texans and FCDs lol!
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Riquelme Rises 4/21/2015, 5:28 pm

Letsgo is just another hater talkin out of his ass!! His kid could probably never make it on a team like SRed. Just ignore his stupidty.
Riquelme Rises
Riquelme Rises
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by letsgo 4/21/2015, 6:13 pm

The Force Awakens wrote:Letsgo is just another hater talkin out of his ass!! His kid could probably never make it on a team like SRed. Just ignore his stupidty.

Yeah, my kid wouldn't make it on a team like SR. Why? Because he plays Academy. How's Andro going for you? cheers

letsgo
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 4/21/2015, 6:17 pm

I am going to say as of recent times I will put J suarez as one of my best off 99's. Really saw some inpressive work with the younger ones and in this age group as of late.

Now on to the nuno question. Nuno can coach but he is also a product of the enviornment that we all create. I know his pre select team (along with barcelona) was one of the best ball possesion (beautiful soccer) teams in the league. I also watched that change as they went select. It was certianly more direct and lower risk in the back. This wasn't a product of not knowing how to coach it was a product of needing to win games. I think if you take him out of that enviornment and put him in the FCD suarez one you may also see him focused more on the development and style of play. Nuno isn't stupid he knows he needs to win to keep kids. Without that even those who profess to love him would be out the door.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 4/21/2015, 6:21 pm

letsgo wrote:
The Force Awakens wrote:Letsgo is just another hater talkin out of his ass!! His kid could probably never make it on a team like SRed. Just ignore his stupidty.

Yeah, my kid wouldn't make it on a team like SR. Why? Because he plays Academy. How's Andro going for you? cheers

The andro thing is going great for my bb and just and FYI just because you are in the academy doesn't mean you can play. I have seen plenty well below the level of kids in CL. And to get on nuno's team you have to be either a player or a payer

disclaimer**bb has never played on nunos team but does like him as a coach.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next