Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Let's Make it Right! Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Let's Make it Right!

+2
Pinknupe
mrclean
6 posters

Go down

Let's Make it Right! Empty Let's Make it Right!

Post by mrclean 5/30/2010, 11:37 am

It's time to put a stop to the craziness of club soccer. Not everyone can afford to pay $2500 per child to play at the highest level youth soccer has to offer. I absolutely guarantee everyone that there are independent teams and small clubs that are kept down so that the money making scheme of "talent for sale" can continue. It's great that there are clubs that can build huge practice complexes. I'm sure it make our region look very well in terms of organized soccer. However, too many families can't afford this. Many families can't even afford to drive the distances required to practice. The threat to this money making scheme comes from the Hispanic teams that form where they practice in city parks. Very low budget. Unfortunately, the recruiting rules aren't enforced and they lose some of their top players that are scholarshiped. The referees allow the teams that play these kids to grab, pull, knock the crap out of the dribbler, and whatever else it takes for the other team to be able to compete. You're even allowed to take out their keeper. The Laws of the Game are arbitrarily chosen at the whim of some referees. It's absolutley sickening. Not that the hispanic teams are kept down, but that the possiblity of showing the region an alternative to the high dollar scheme of "Select Soccer". These are kids playing soccer. The kids are more important than a few adults making money. If these hispanic teams were allowed to compete, than there would be more kids on small independent teams practicing in city parks. By the way, these hispanic teams will let anyone join them. You just go out there and play. This is what I am asking everyone who loves the game of soccer to do:

1. Find the best coach for your child that you can afford. Forget the name of the club. The name won't help your child. Look for the bst coach.
2. Keep costs down for all players. What's wrong with a city park, school, or church soccer field. Do we really need the most expensive uniform. Do we really need to play out of state when they are under 13?
3. Insist on a level playing field. When you watch a game that isn't your child's game and see a horrible and intentional call from the referee, there should be a complaint box for signed complaints. I once saw an out of town team from West Texas dribbling towards the keeper on a breakaway past the last defender and as the attacker was about two steps from firing the whistle blew. Yes. If the watch said time, then it is time. But really? We had the center in our qualifying game walk over to the parents on the other team and stated that the second half would go better. We put the ball in the net once only to have the referee blow the whistle and call a foul on the other team. The whistle was after the goal. No excuse for that. There are so many inconsistancies that it is saddening. Yes, there are a few independent and small clubs that are successful. But there could be a lot more. I see big club coaches talking to referees at the half but the same referee wouldn't even explain a confusing call to the small club coach and would just reply "Sit down coach". During that time he could have explained the situation. Does he have to? No. But he didn't have to listen to the big club coach state his case to the ref for five minutes at the half. I agree with Jose Mourinho. Refs should stay away from the coaches at the half.
4. If we allow "Big Money" to call the shots then there will be too many kids that are priced out. It doesn't have to be this way. Yes. Rec is an option but the smaller teams will rise to the higher ranks if a few referees would allow it. Most referees call a fair game. They have a love and respect for the game and get tired of parents and players that don't. But there are a few that don't. Referees, when you see these coworkers that are too close to a coach or club to call a fair game, please let the assignor know. If someone says "I can't stand this team or something else like that, then report it so they won't get that team anymore.

Yes. I always stir up my dissenters. But 10 years from now, don't say I didn't warn you. Just make sure you don't leave home without your American Express.
mrclean
mrclean
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Let's Make it Right! Empty Re: Let's Make it Right!

Post by Pinknupe 5/30/2010, 1:03 pm

Their are some big club practicing at city park like Solar but their costs are rising per player that's why we dont go there, how do you explane that Mr. Clean. Let's Make it Right! Icon_rr
Pinknupe
Pinknupe
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrclean 5/30/2010, 5:23 pm

Maybe it's because some people think it is worth it to play D1. Maybe some people might think that playing D2 or D3 on a big club might give them an advantage for making D1 later or when teams move up to academy. I have nothing against clubs setting whatever price they want. They could charge $20000 and it wouldn't bother me at all. I just think that some independent teams and small clubs are not always treated fairly. I feel the same way about all select sports. There should be affordable options for kids to develop at the highest level possible. Maybe a Select Rec or something like that would be nice. It would be nice if you could shop for the best rec team that's right for your child. Being put into a draw where you get an inexperienced coach or players that don't care and don't even come to practice is very frustrating. Again, I don't care how club's run there business. I just hate seeing so many kids an teams getting priced out of the opportunity to become the next Dempsey.
mrclean
mrclean
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheSurface 5/30/2010, 9:24 pm

I think that every soccer parents needs to take a little reality check every now and then. What is the endgame that you foresee for your soccer player. A scholarship, presumably. Or if not that, then what? What are you doing - driving XX miles to practice X times a week, paying X dollars a month/week/day for X hours of trianing - and is it worth it? Do the ends justify the means? Maybe your BB has a shot at being the next Pele and maybe it is worth it. Or maybe not... Let's Make it Right! Icon_idea
OnTheSurface
OnTheSurface
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/31/2010, 11:30 am

Here's the politically incorrect answer: we work hard to have enough money to enable our kids to get the best coaching available. Our kids are getting the benefit of our family's work ethic.
Harsh...yes. Reality...yes

Back to top Go down

Post by mrclean 5/31/2010, 12:17 pm

I certainly agree with the work ethic creating opportunities for your children part but have you ever done any roofing, HVAC, road construction, roughnecking, etc. Just because a family doesn't have $3000 per child doesn't mean they're not working hard. There is also nothing wrong with people wanting a career with full time coaching. It's no different than any other self employed individual. They will charge what the market allows. BUT FOR HEAVEN"S SAKE, the system should allow for some consumer choice. I'm sure you've heard of price fixing and Anti-trust laws. When an independent team arrives on the scene, their top players shouldn't be approached by the Coaches offering a full ride and college showcases. The referees shouldn't be influenced by the name of the celebrity coach or club. I'm sick and tired of seeing coaches complaining to referees at the half while small club coaches are told to be quiet or leave the field.

I am for a free market, but I am against corruption. Watch the way referees work at high school, college, and pro games. Watch them in our league. It's not the same. I overheard a big club coach say "Thanks for giving us one" while hugging the ref at the end of the game. There is nothing wrong with them being friends but on he pitch there needs to be some separation. I think the Big Clubs do have some weight to throw around. Remember when the League thought about limiting each Division to three teams. There were some rumors of threatening to form their own league. Really three out of 10 in every division isn't enough. Hmm? Let's say theoretically that there are FOUR large clubs in North Texas, if each one had three teams in a division that would leave room for.... ???

Maybe there needs to be two leagues. One for the hard working, rich and famous who can afford the best coaches and one for families whose annual inclome is below $80,000 with whoever they can get coaching them. (Maybe some of their parents who played college or professionally) At the end of the season, the top four in each age group play each other.

I would like to bet the maximum bet on the non-hardworking peasants.
mrclean
mrclean
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrclean 5/31/2010, 12:18 pm

I forgot my conclusion.

Harsh, yes. Reality, yes.
mrclean
mrclean
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 5/31/2010, 12:36 pm

Please stop with the independent team whining. There is choice available. Maybe the independent teams should try providing a little better coaching or do something different than the big club so they can differentiate themselves. With very few exceptions they are the same or worse than the big 4. Most have nothing to offer other than a lower price.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitzed 5/31/2010, 12:58 pm

Mr. Clean, out of your entire post, the only thing that bothers me is the part about the referees. I agree there should be some sort of grading system. I also think coaches should be able to have list of referees they can exclude from their games.

Everything else is the free market at work, which I have no problem with. I'm not trying to find the next Dempsey, I'm just trying to do the best for my kids.

Blitzed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 5/31/2010, 1:44 pm

whyme wrote:Here's the politically incorrect answer: we work hard to have enough money to enable our kids to get the best coaching available. Our kids are getting the benefit of our family's work ethic.
Harsh...yes. Reality...yes
So those who cant afford to pay $2000-$3000 per kid for soccer it is because they have a poor work ethic? Wow that is so wrong on so many diiferent levels!

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down