Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Primetime Cup Solar 03's vs Solar 04 Dynamo Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Primetime Cup Solar 03's vs Solar 04 Dynamo

+10
Messifan
bunited
baylorcpa
Tequilapark
CincoB
imjustsayin
allen04
futbolista
Axxman
onetwo
14 posters

Go down

Primetime Cup Solar 03's vs Solar 04 Dynamo Empty Primetime Cup Solar 03's vs Solar 04 Dynamo

Post by onetwo 6/1/2010, 2:27 pm

Anyone watch this game? Hear the comment from the 04 coach? I was watching a U8 game and the field behind us was this U7 game. Apparently the gk was messing around and almost let a goal in because he was not paying attention. I hear this coach say 'dont let me see you doing that again. Quit making love to the pole'. About half the sideline watching the U8 game turned around. I'm guessing this gk, who is what 6 or 7yr old, might have had a question for this coach at halftime. Come on Coach!

onetwo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Primetime Cup Solar 03's vs Solar 04 Dynamo Empty Re: Primetime Cup Solar 03's vs Solar 04 Dynamo

Post by Axxman 6/1/2010, 3:55 pm

It was the "heat" of the moment. Never too early to teach the boys about the birds and the bees these days and besides, it was a good looking pole.......!

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Primetime Cup Solar 03's vs Solar 04 Dynamo Empty Re: Primetime Cup Solar 03's vs Solar 04 Dynamo

Post by futbolista 6/1/2010, 5:24 pm

I have to agree with onetwo. I too heard that comment and at that age thought it was inappropriate.
futbolista
futbolista
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by allen04 6/2/2010, 10:03 am

Wow, bad form. Even the "don't let me see you doing that again" is a little rough for '04.
allen04
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by imjustsayin 6/2/2010, 10:47 am

My little boy was playing rec last fall and basically tearing it up for a kid his age. This coach you speak of, came and recruited him to join this beloved 04 team. We fell for it and joined. My youngster enjoyed it for a while, but it didn't take him long to lose his passion for the game. This coach is more concerned about winning and building his own prestige in this soccer community than anything else. We finished out our season that we committed to and split.

These kids are only 6 (mine was 5). Where is the fun? Shouldn't a coach be trying to develop a love for this game as well as skills? What good is all of this crap if they are only going to quit in the long run?

Thanks coach for destroying my kids desire. He hasn't played soccer in 4 months and I've just about talked him into trying rec again.
imjustsayin
imjustsayin
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 6/2/2010, 10:59 am

Sounds like rec. is the right place for your kid. We joined his 03 team a little while back and my bb could not be happier. He looks forward to the practices and games and couldn't be on a better team or with a better coach. It's all about finding what works for your bb, at least in competitive soccer. And if you think that 6 and 7 years old is too young for competitive soccer, come have a little conversation with my bb and he'll set you straight.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 6/2/2010, 11:06 am

And further to that, you may be getting your coaches confused as the one being referred to above was subbing for the weekend.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/2/2010, 11:19 am

I remember playing a Solar 03 team in a tournament at Mcinnish on may 15. Team was awesome, great kids, playing super nice soccer; they were all strong but they were not forcing the plays, they were passing the ball around and did everything right. BUT the coach was the definition of what I don't want to see for my 03. He was constantly yelling, I should say barking at the kids, micromanaging each play and directing the game all the time. Yes, he was sending the right message but in such a bad, terrible almost destructive way. They were without any doubt the best team but at what cost ?

Back to top Go down

Post by CincoB 6/2/2010, 3:10 pm

gababa wrote:I remember playing a Solar 03 team in a tournament at Mcinnish on may 15. Team was awesome, great kids, playing super nice soccer; they were all strong but they were not forcing the plays, they were passing the ball around and did everything right. BUT the coach was the definition of what I don't want to see for my 03. He was constantly yelling, I should say barking at the kids, micromanaging each play and directing the game all the time. Yes, he was sending the right message but in such a bad, terrible almost destructive way. They were without any doubt the best team but at what cost ?
Are you sure your not talking about the Odyssey head coach for the 03. Don't know of a Solar 03 team at that field on May 15. Odyssey plays that level of soccer and has an absolutely crazy coach that screams "at" his players in a very demeaning way.

CincoB
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/2/2010, 3:34 pm

That does ring a bell. Is that solar odyssey ? I am quite sure it was solar related...

Back to top Go down

Post by imjustsayin 6/16/2010, 1:13 pm

imjustsayin wrote:My little boy was playing rec last fall and basically tearing it up for a kid his age. This coach you speak of, came and recruited him to join this beloved 04 team. We fell for it and joined. My youngster enjoyed it for a while, but it didn't take him long to lose his passion for the game. This coach is more concerned about winning and building his own prestige in this soccer community than anything else. We finished out our season that we committed to and split.

These kids are only 6 (mine was 5). Where is the fun? Shouldn't a coach be trying to develop a love for this game as well as skills? What good is all of this crap if they are only going to quit in the long run?

Thanks coach for destroying my kids desire. He hasn't played soccer in 4 months and I've just about talked him into trying rec again.

A friend of mine that still has a BB on this team told me that this coach was teaching the kids how to take a dive to get a call. I questioned her and asked if she was sure that this is what they were doing. She assured me that it was and that her son has a big problem with it because, as he put it, "It is lying." He is not wanting to play on this team anymore.

So does this sound like developing players, or does it sound like teaching the kids to win? What is the use of winning if your DD doesn't develop?

So you win a tournament or two at 6, 7 and 8 years old. So what? If your BB can't play the game properly at an older age, he isn't going to be on a top team. These coaches use these players and get what they can out of them while they can, and then discard them when better talent comes along.

I don't even know why there is a discussion board for players this age. More than half of these kids will not being playing soccer when they actually go select.
imjustsayin
imjustsayin
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CincoB 6/16/2010, 4:26 pm

imjustsayin wrote:
imjustsayin wrote:My little boy was playing rec last fall and basically tearing it up for a kid his age. This coach you speak of, came and recruited him to join this beloved 04 team. We fell for it and joined. My youngster enjoyed it for a while, but it didn't take him long to lose his passion for the game. This coach is more concerned about winning and building his own prestige in this soccer community than anything else. We finished out our season that we committed to and split.

A friend of mine that still has a BB on this team told me that this coach was teaching the kids how to take a dive to get a call. I questioned her and asked if she was sure that this is what they were doing. She assured me that it was and that her son has a big problem with it because, as he put it, "It is lying." He is not wanting to play on this team anymore.

So does this sound like developing players, or does it sound like teaching the kids to win? What is the use of winning if your DD doesn't develop?

So you win a tournament or two at 6, 7 and 8 years old. So what? If your BB can't play the game properly at an older age, he isn't going to be on a top team. These coaches use these players and get what they can out of them while they can, and then discard them when better talent comes along.

I don't even know why there is a discussion board for players this age. More than half of these kids will not being playing soccer when they actually go select.
This kinda stuff drives me crazy. I can assure you that none of the coaches you are speaking of are teaching the kids to dive. Funny how you disagree with the board for 03's and then turn around and use it to spread rumors that are far from the truth.

CincoB
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 6/17/2010, 9:07 am

Do yourself a favor and at least re-read your posts prior to hitting send.
You question why there is even a discussion board at this age group, yet you are the one that comes on here making comments and hear-say at that.
My bb is on this team and I can absolutely confirm that "what you were told" is absolute BS. My kid can't wait to go to practices and games and loves his coach. If your kid wasn't cut out for it or this particular coach, so be it, but don't come on here trying to stir things up and cause trouble simply because you are bitter over it. Go sign your kid up for pysa rec and get over it, and if you don't like this board, don't read it or participate in it.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Tequilapark 6/17/2010, 9:13 am

imjustsayin wrote:
CincoB wrote:
imjustsayin wrote:

This kinda stuff drives me crazy. I can assure you that none of the coaches you are speaking of are teaching the kids to dive. Funny how you disagree with the board for 03's and then turn around and use it to spread rumors that are far from the truth.

I've now had this confirmed from 2 different sets of parents. I am not at the practices, but these people are. I'm just passing along what I've been told. If I'm wrong, then it is because other people are just blatantly lying to me. But we left this group because of the ridiculousness of JK's dealing with boys at this age.

He has been my son's coach for a year now and I have never seen anything like what you are describing.
Tequilapark
Tequilapark
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 6/17/2010, 10:53 am

We'll have heard it first from you I'm sure, on this thread, which you have no idea why it even exists in the first place. Kinda sad when your bb gets cut from an 03 team and now you don't even have the chance to drink the Kool Aid. Perhaps you are now drinking Keystone Light, trying to get over that bitter beer face....

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by CincoB 6/17/2010, 11:53 am

Axxman wrote:We'll have heard it first from you I'm sure, on this thread, which you have no idea why it even exists in the first place. Kinda sad when your bb gets cut from an 03 team and now you don't even have the chance to drink the Kool Aid. Perhaps you are now drinking Keystone Light, trying to get over that bitter beer face....

Showing your age there Ax with Keystone commercials. See ya tonight, i hear JK is putting on a special shirt pulling class.

CincoB
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by baylorcpa 6/17/2010, 11:57 am

Darn! And here my bb thought it was going to be slide tackle 101, how to get the red card...not shirt pulling again!

baylorcpa
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bunited 6/17/2010, 1:03 pm

Wrong again, guys. That was Monday's practice. Tonight is filthy "yo mama" insults to DRAW the foul. Primetime Cup Solar 03's vs Solar 04 Dynamo Icon_twisted
bunited
bunited
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Messifan 7/28/2010, 3:21 pm

You guys need to relax no one is saying that Solar isn't good...there just might be some coaches that aren't meant for some personalities...that's it.

All teams and coaches have politics...Solar is no different. These people on this board aren't trying to stir the pot they are just voicing opinions, everyone can agree to disagree. My bb never played on this team, he is too old.

Messifan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 7/29/2010, 1:17 pm

Wow. Drama in an 03 thread...and it's not even instigated by Go99! Primetime Cup Solar 03's vs Solar 04 Dynamo Icon_eek
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 7/29/2010, 6:18 pm

Ibystander wrote:Wow. Drama in an 03 thread...and it's not even instigated by Go99! Primetime Cup Solar 03's vs Solar 04 Dynamo Icon_eek
Everyone knows that the 03 and 04 texans girls are WAAAY Primetime Cup Solar 03's vs Solar 04 Dynamo Icon_rolleyes better anyway. Consider it instigated.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccersoccer 7/29/2010, 10:41 pm

NotScaredLetsTalk wrote:Sorry for the harsh messages , but someones need to defend our team . We will survive from all the drama . So thanks for all the concern for the team . So cut the statements out and grow up.

I would be careful when bragging about your 03 Son, it reflects very poorly on you as a parent. Just friendlly advice from a Solar Parent.

Soccersoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by allen04 7/30/2010, 9:15 am

Primetime Cup Solar 03's vs Solar 04 Dynamo Icon_lol This thread really delivers!
allen04
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by happyfeet 7/30/2010, 9:47 am

Gee, I cant wait until this group makes it to U11 and enters the CL. Primetime Cup Solar 03's vs Solar 04 Dynamo Icon_rolleyes
Thank god I don't handle the U11's anymore! Primetime Cup Solar 03's vs Solar 04 Dynamo Icon_biggrin
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down