Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

D1 CL 03B - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

D1 CL 03B

+29
CCM
soccer_soccerlove
frequent flyer
Axxman
dadof3
kickingitlong
mpcls55
ntxsoccerdad65
davito
Fanofson
Onetouchpass
Sprint
txguitguy
allentexan
CincoB
Maradona
beerme
Number13
robben
PremierLeagueFan
hanallalone
ballwork
ocfc
jataca
allen04
zero
backflip
GotNoGame
mnimon
33 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

D1 CL 03B - Page 2 Empty Re: D1 CL 03B

Post by GrimReaperD 9/22/2015, 10:51 pm

13 is just being nice. Call it what you'd like it's a 6 - 0 thumping. Still think they'll play the spoiler role PLF? Perhaps it will start this weekend against South. 9 goals against in two games and zilcho goals for, not a pretty picture. The arrow points in the same direction for this team and most all of Liverpool's for that matter.

GrimReaperD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 9/22/2015, 11:05 pm

Losing to the number 1 team isn't exactly a big surprise. The spoiler role means that they will beat a top 5 and there are many games left for that to happen. Odyssey isn't being nice, they are just not piling on and offered a reasonable view of the game.

Unfortunately any team that has a weakness will be exploited by the top teams because we all want to get to the Dallas Cup.

I still think Trevino can turn it around and salvage the first half of the season if they can get all their players healthy.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by GrimReaperD 9/22/2015, 11:17 pm

Odyssey is not the number 1 team, they'll have to earn that spot which I don't think they will do, given they can't put away the easy ones at times. The only reason Trevino even has a chance to finish in the top 5 is because the 03 D1 division is so watered down. But even then, they better start by beating South this weekend. They may even struggle to beat the other LP team, given they are not a great match-up in the size department. Time will tell.

GrimReaperD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 9/22/2015, 11:55 pm

Castro vs Leite
No chance on this one and I would probably park the bus against Castro and see how long you can hold out. Castro has a nasty counter attack that will leave the Texans defenseless if they are spread out on the pitch. I would like to see Leite go for broke and show us his best strategies, but that probably isn't going to happen because the risk is too great.

Odyssey vs Cruz Azul
This will be interesting because Odyssey likes being the underdog to get pumped up, but that is the one description that won't be applied to them in this matchup. Odyssey wins without question.

Adames vs Trevino
Grim Reaper D gets the call on this one because DT South is game ready and Trevino has too many players on the mend. Adames will definitely exploit any weakness they may have so it's going to be another difficult weekend for Trevino.

FCDP will have a good game with Kamali (Hunt), but will not take any chances and will try to score as early as possible to prevent Hunt from setting the tone of the game. Odyssey's draw against Hunt means that FCDP will be dialed in for this match and Hunt will get an excellent challenge.

Woodberry vs Stricker
Stricker will win this game without much fanfare and Woodberry should park the bus and hope for the best. Woodberry doesn't have a response to the Stricker attack so a defensive posture will be the best way to prevent a big scoring game.

This is my best guess so if you see it differently, please let us hear it.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 9/23/2015, 12:15 am

GrimReaperD wrote:Odyssey is not the number 1 team, they'll have to earn that spot which I don't think they will do, given they can't put away the easy ones at times.  The only reason Trevino even has a chance to finish in the top 5 is because the 03 D1 division is so watered down.  But even then, they better start by beating South this weekend.  They may even struggle to beat the other LP team, given they are not a great match-up in the size department.  Time will tell.

Odyssey is the number one team because they have incredibly talented players with big game experience that allows them to possess the ball and control the flow of the game.

They may have scoring issues at times, but when they are in the groove they can score at will.

Being the best team doesn't mean they won't lose or draw a game when they are off or are half asleep for the first half of an 8 am game.

03 is only watered down because Castro's top team is missing, but that only matters to the top 5 who also wish they were here this year too.

If not Odyssey, then who do you think is the top team and why?
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 9/23/2015, 9:07 am

Its one week into the season for most folks, just a lot of speculation.   I'm fairly objective.  I think.   But then again, everybody thinks they are objective.   I would guess that Ody will do fine.  Win some, lose some, look good at times, look bad at times.  

I pretty much only watch other teams when they play BB's team.  LP Rush has fared worse against BBs team than vs others.  So who knows.   They seem to have a lot of the same kids, and they struggle a little for numbers, and sometimes get erratic results....cause well...12 years old.   Which isn't much different than BB's team.   Was told they have a lot of 03 BY kids, which might get them out-sized at times.   Its a long season.  

League is watered down.   Probably half of the best 50 kids are gone.  But whatever, in all likelihood none of the best 5000 kids in the world were playing in this league last year, so in that sense its exactly the same.   It is what it is.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by GrimReaperD 9/23/2015, 11:58 am

I guess most of the trouble makers on this 03 forum went the way of pre academy, cause we can't even stir it up much anymore. I guess we're gonna have to start calling out the FCDP team to get some action around here.

Being the best team typically means you finish on top, not always, but for the most part. With that, I think FCDP will be the best team this year due to sheer size and speed alone. They will be extremely hard to score on if they show up in full force. 1 or 2 goals per game will be enough to do the trick.

As for predictions, here goes;

Castro vs. Leite: Minimum of 4 to 0 Castro

Odyssey vs. CA: Minimum of 4 to 0 Ody.

DTS vs. Trevino: 2 - 1 South. Pulling for Trevino but they are on a downward spiral.

FCDP vs. LP Hunt: Minimum of 4 to 0 FCDP. Pulling for LP but the tie was a fluke. FCD is becoming the new evil empire, and easy to root against.

LP Woody vs. Solar Stricker: Minimum of 4 to 0 Solar.

Leave your manly scarf at home PLF, weather is looking good and it's time to play some futebol this weekend...

GrimReaperD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 9/23/2015, 12:38 pm

GrimReaperD wrote:I guess most of the trouble makers on this 03 forum went the way of pre academy, cause we can't even stir it up much anymore.  I guess we're gonna have to start calling out the FCDP team to get some action around here.

The last time I riled somebody up is when I suggested that Castro might recruit your kid if he was a vgood '03.   Have always been an inflammatory loose-cannon.

What you need is a coach pretending to be a parent, talking some crap.  That would help.   Our coach can't spell, so will need somebody else to step up.  

FCDP has a lot of kids who can score goals.  And a lot of big kids who might prevent them.  They don't seem to try to keep possession like they did in the distant past, but that has been the case since Snell left I suppose.   Lots of dribblers and shooters and aggression.   Seem clear favorites.   Even without additional PA support beyond their PLD roster.  

Whichever.  Its college football season.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by GrimReaperD 9/26/2015, 7:15 pm

Castro vs. Leite: Minimum of 4 to 0 Castro
4 – 0 Castro

Odyssey vs. CA: Minimum of 4 to 0 Ody.
Score?

DTS vs. Trevino: 2 - 1 South. Pulling for Trevino but they are on a downward spiral.
0 - 0

FCDP vs. LP Hunt: Minimum of 4 to 0 FCDP. Pulling for LP but the tie was a fluke. FCD is becoming the new evil empire, and easy to root against.
2 – 0 FCDP with only one sub and no pa players. All suspended for some reason?

LP Woody vs. Solar Stricker: Minimum of 4 to 0 Solar.
9 – 0 Stricker

GrimReaperD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mnimon 9/26/2015, 9:19 pm

Ody 3-1
Was not pretty

mnimon
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone 9/26/2015, 9:39 pm

Odyssey vs C.A. game was officiated a little tight for my taste... Whistle is almost certainly worn out...
hanallalone
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GrimReaperD 9/29/2015, 10:22 pm

Two interesting games tomorrow, predictions anyone? Surely all the lookers have something to say...

Solar Castro vs. Odyssey - 1 - 1 Tie

Solar Stricker vs. LFC Trevino - 2 - 1 Solar

GrimReaperD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by robben 9/29/2015, 11:15 pm

GrimReaperD wrote:Two interesting games tomorrow, predictions anyone?  Surely all the lookers have something to say...

Solar Castro vs. Odyssey - 1 - 1 Tie

Solar Stricker vs. LFC Trevino - 2 - 1 Solar

SOLAR CASTRO 0- ODYSSEY 2
solar Striker  3- LPT 0
robben
robben
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 9/30/2015, 8:22 am

Odyssey will bring their best game against Solar for the win. Castro will run the script better than ever so any mistakes from Odyssey against Castro will shift their advantage. Odyssey has the most talent in CL, but Solar has a tremendous work ethic and a hard driving coach who will push them to grind out a win if Odyssey plays flat. The Paddy vs Castro dialogue will be "Priceless" and if you bring the younglings they might learn some new colorful phrases to repeat on the ride home.

Trevino has the ability to spoil Stricker's awesome start if they can contain their Attack. First test of the year for Stricker, so anything is possible, but the most likely outcome is a Stricker win.

Both games are meaningful and have the ability to change each teams position on the table.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by GrimReaperD 9/30/2015, 10:53 pm

I guess if you keep calling the Trevino spoiler alert it will eventually happen some day. With some of the size of those boys and other talent that he has, a good coach would pull out some of these games, but I keep telling you, the trend points in one direction.

Looks like Odyssey played better in the first half and Solar the 2nd, both having a couple decent opportunities that neither capitalized on. I still say FCD is the top team and the battle for second will come down to Odyssey, or possibly even one of the two Solar teams, depending on which coach has the team playing best by the 2nd half of the season.

GrimReaperD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 10/1/2015, 12:16 am

Trevino was a spoiler in their tie against Adames last week so I would say that it already happened because DT South is the best Texans team and will make the Top 5 this year.

Odyssey was flat against Castro tonight and that was all it took to end in a draw. Odyssey's defense did a particularly good job tonight and held their own against some strong attacks from Castro.

Castro continues to prove that he is an effective coach that gets results and this years CL team is hard working and determined to fight for the top spot. I look forward to watching them run the script next Monday when they play FCDP, because it has become obvious to me that they are getting stronger with each new game.

Stricker has yet to be challenged and even though Trevino is improving, the Stricker forwards were all too happy to pepper the goal and couldn't be contained.

Maybe Hunt will find a way to limit the Stricker attack, but we will have to wait until Monday to find out. Hunt has some big boys who can attack the goal and will literally knock you out of your boots if you challenge them physically.

Last edited by PremierLeagueFan on 10/1/2015, 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 10/1/2015, 8:29 am

The quarter of the Stricker/Trevino game I saw was pretty balanced.  Game was a LOT more open than the game before it.   Solar up 1-0 on unmarked cross when I left.  

Not a lot of scoring opportunities in the Ody/Gold game.  Probably five times more fouls called than there were shots on frame, and that's if you count gentle passes to the GK as shots.  The AR after the game told me that next time a player heads the ball back to the keeper she is going to call it a back pass, she was just being nice because they are young.   That's what $48 gets you, nothing but the best from CL.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by allen04 10/1/2015, 9:38 am

The AR after the game told me that next time a player heads the ball back to the keeper she is going to call it a back pass, she was just being nice because they are young.

Joke?
allen04
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 10/1/2015, 9:46 am

allen04 wrote:
The AR after the game told me that next time a player heads the ball back to the keeper she is going to call it a back pass, she was just being nice because they are young.  

Joke?

Too ridiculous to be anything but the truth.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 10/1/2015, 10:25 am

allen04 wrote:

Joke?

True story, bro.    I'm a fairly rational guy with lots of patience for ineptitude, so I politely asked if she was f-cking kidding me, to which she summoned the CR who conveniently couldn't speak much English.   So I made my escape.    Shrug.  

Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by allen04 10/1/2015, 10:38 am

Guess that explains BB's game two weekends ago when he, in the 1st half, and a kid on the other team, in the 2nd half, were both called for illegal touching by letting the ball smash them in the face. Classic league refs aren't sure what to do when the ball hits anything above the waist. They must have skipped that chapter to concentrate on "Hints and methods on how to ignore the sidelines and appear completely ambivalent and detached."

I did at least give the CR credit for being consistent; which is really all one can hope for at this point.
allen04
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by jataca 10/1/2015, 10:42 am

Wow.  Could've made a difference in the game I am imagining.  Oh well, at least it looks like your team's futsal name still applies.

jataca
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 10/1/2015, 11:19 am

jataca wrote:Wow.  Could've made a difference in the game I am imagining.  

Had nothing much to do with the game...though I guess getting a misguided indirect in the box might have doubled the chances we conceded.   Just amusing (to me) anecdote on the caliber of refs out there.  Others were less calm and reflective in their vocal assessment of the officials.   And the kids.

Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by robben 10/1/2015, 3:18 pm

Back to the games

DTLeite 1-3 Cruz Azul
DTWB 0- 4 LPH
FCDP 2- 0 DTS
robben