Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

USMNT U 19 Roster Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

USMNT U 19 Roster

+12
earbucket
keepinitreal
Laroja_2012
davito
PremierLeagueFan
Sprint
OutofTowner
sukiakiman
omega striker
striker6
OP05
Seinfeld4
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

USMNT U 19 Roster Empty USMNT U 19 Roster

Post by Seinfeld4 1/26/2016, 7:54 am

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/club-soccer-articles/u19-mnt-roster-named-for-copa-de-athletico_aid38749

Looks like a lot of local kids doing well.
Seinfeld4
Seinfeld4
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

USMNT U 19 Roster Empty Re: USMNT U 19 Roster

Post by OP05 1/26/2016, 8:45 am

Yes, imressive work by the FCD academy players and staff.

http://www.fcdallas.com/post/2016/01/25/academy-six-players-called-u-19-us-national-team-united-states-unmnt-u19

OP05
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by striker6 1/26/2016, 10:36 am

Yes. Awesome for the young men! I'm not so sure how impressive it is fro FCD other than they do a great job at collecting the local talent. Which is honestly probably their job. For the most part these boys grew up playing other places during the formative years. Solar Red, Solar and even Liverpool. I don't want to hate on FCD too much but I think the jury is still out on whether they can produce anything.

striker6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 1/26/2016, 12:11 pm

striker6 wrote:Yes. Awesome for the young men! I'm not so sure how impressive it is fro FCD other than they do a great job at collecting the local talent. Which is honestly probably their job. For the most part these boys grew up playing other places during the formative years. Solar Red, Solar and even Liverpool. I don't want to hate on FCD too much but I think the jury is still out on whether they can produce anything.  
first sir Solar Red is part of Solar and you forgot players coming from the Texans and Ayses formerly ASG way back in the day Cool
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by striker6 1/26/2016, 1:06 pm

Oh good point. Yeah those ASG days were way back.

striker6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by sukiakiman 1/26/2016, 2:41 pm

Has FC Dallas developed any kids from say u9 that has gotten a spot in any us u-14 or higher. Seems lke all these kids came to fc dallas after they were developed. Would be nice to see some kids chosen that were developed mostly at fc dallas.

sukiakiman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by OutofTowner 1/26/2016, 2:56 pm

Where did those 6 players come from before fcd or is it just an assumption they transferred?

OutofTowner
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint 1/26/2016, 2:58 pm

sukiakiman wrote:Has FC Dallas developed any kids from say u9 that has gotten a spot in any us u-14 or higher. Seems lke all these kids came to fc dallas after they were developed. Would be nice to see some kids chosen that were developed mostly at fc dallas.

Pretty sure they have. If you look at the Youth National Team picks for the 01 Age group, it has been all FCD kids and I think all of them have been at FCD most, if not all, of their youth time.

Don't know of any 00 FCD kids that have been called in lately. There are two FCD 00 kids that were called in while at Texans before they moved to FCD. Don't know about other age groups.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 1/26/2016, 3:04 pm

sukiakiman wrote:Has FC Dallas developed any kids from say u9 that has gotten a spot in any us u-14 or higher. Seems lke all these kids came to fc dallas after they were developed. Would be nice to see some kids chosen that were developed mostly at fc dallas.

U13 Academy has some U15 USBNT players that are FCD Dallas trained since youth academy and a few from other clubs also, but the results they are achieving would suggest the academy is working very well at developing professional MLS  players and I won't be surprised when they develop some international quality players in the future.

FC Dallas is everyone's MLS  team in DFW and I am glad that they are recruiting our local talent since I believe our NTX players have a lot to offer.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 1/26/2016, 3:14 pm

I was not aware development stopped at age 14. Shocked
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by striker6 1/26/2016, 3:17 pm

At some point it will be hard not to develop something. What do the have 39 06b teams right now or was it 93?

striker6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 1/26/2016, 9:56 pm

OutofTowner wrote:Where did those 6 players come from before fcd or is it just an assumption they transferred?
the two midfielders were for sure not developed by FCD
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 1/27/2016, 2:10 pm

The superstar from the Texans was developed early by his coach father (as are many of the Texan elites) and was given incredible opportunities to play and train internationally which enabled him to develop at a very high level.

Of course he has talent, but combined with all the other stuff he had access to, he was able to build on his natural abilities and develop into a top player that will continue to improve.

I was SHOCKED when I saw him in an FCD kit.  This has got to be one of HN's biggest blunders to date.

Oh well, after this BB's FCD academy days are over, I am certain that HN will once again have an opportunity to watch him play as long as he can afford a ticket. Twisted Evil
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Laroja_2012 1/27/2016, 9:34 pm

As said in an older thread, Preston Pomykal was a soccer player at UNT from 1989 to 93.
http://www.txsoccer.info/t7567-who-is-preston-pomykal

Interesting enough, he was at UNT when David Hudgell was there as well as an assistant coach.

http://digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth61056/m1/117/

UNT had a men's soccer team from 1976 to 1994 when the program was cut due to gender equity considerations. Coach Hedlund, who had been set to take over the men’s program from legendary coach Richard Lowe, started the women’s program from scratch after the men’s team cut led the Mean Green to an 11-6-1 record in 1995. Hedlund posted 21 straight winning seasons while leading UNT to the NCAA tournament four times.

http://www.meangreensports.com/sports/w-soccer/mtt/john_hedlund_851062.html

Laroja_2012
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by keepinitreal 1/28/2016, 9:37 pm

striker6 wrote:Yes. Awesome for the young men! I'm not so sure how impressive it is fro FCD other than they do a great job at collecting the local talent. Which is honestly probably their job. For the most part these boys grew up playing other places during the formative years. Solar Red, Solar and even Liverpool. I don't want to hate on FCD too much but I think the jury is still out on whether they can produce anything.  

While it may be true that many of these players got their start at another club......do we forever attribute their success to their original club? So if you play for a club for 6-8 years and develop but perhaps you have gotten as far as you will get with a Solar or a Dallas Texan team or a particular coach.....Perhaps a player needs a change to continue to develop? So if you play for FCD Academy teams for 2-3 years....does your old club still get all the credit for your 'development'?
There are things that FCD academy players can get than no other academy team in the area can provide. Do the TExans or Solar Academy player train with the pro's 2-3 days a week. Do they get to go up against a Castillo a few days a week as a keeper or a defender. This is something ONLY FCD Academy can provide on a consistent basis. Obviously if you go scrimmage with or against a pro team often you are going to develop (or go home). Some players are going to thrive in this environment and develop more. My kid has played for only 2 clubs since he ways 8. His first club deserve kudos for his development .....but FCD also deserves kudos for his further development. He would not have improved to the point he has with his old club. Many of these players were on the U16 team that won a National Championship in July. Went through playoff with no goals scored against them. When you do that you usually get some second looks from the National Team who you are trying to widen the pool of players available.

keepinitreal
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket 1/29/2016, 9:25 am

keepinitreal wrote:

While it may be true that many of these players got their start at another club......do we forever attribute their success to their original club?  So if you play for a club for 6-8 years and develop but perhaps you have gotten as far as you will get with a Solar or a Dallas Texan team or a particular coach.....Perhaps a player needs a change to continue to develop? So if you play for FCD Academy teams for 2-3 years....does your old club still get all the credit for your 'development'?
   There are things that FCD academy players can get than no other academy team in the area can provide.  Do the TExans or Solar Academy player train with the pro's 2-3 days a week.  Do they get to go up against a Castillo a few days a week as a keeper or a defender.  This is something ONLY FCD Academy can provide on a consistent basis.  Obviously if you go scrimmage with or against a pro team often you are going to develop (or go home).  Some players are going to thrive in this environment and develop more.  My kid has played for only 2 clubs since he ways 8.  His first club deserve kudos for his development .....but FCD also deserves kudos for his further development.  He would not have improved to the point he has with his old club.  Many of these players were on the U16 team that won a National Championship in July.  Went through playoff with no goals scored against them.  When you do that you usually get some second looks from the National Team who you are trying to widen the pool of players available.  

A Castillo sure, that Castillo no. And I agree, it is a heck of a competitive advantage to have your players challenged regularly against professionals. Sink or swim.

It is interesting that after years of FCD being largely ignored that 6 are taken for one team. Is that a credit to a fresh approach by the new coach Friedel or are there other reasons?. Either way, these players have the opportunity to prove that they belong and good for them and FCD. Sink or swim.

earbucket
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by keepinitreal 1/30/2016, 8:32 pm

A pure guess as to why so many were asked to go but here it goes.....
I think this area has been ignored for awhile. I will say that most of these players on the U18 FCD academy team were from the U16 team that won the U16 academy championship. Prior to going to compete in the semifinals....they were told by their own National Team scout that they were going to be pummeled pretty much by great teams like Philly Union and Red Bulls. Of note ....at this point FCD academy team had gone through play offs without a goal being scored on them. He pretty much told the FCD players that other divisions were much better than ours which is probably why they got so many more call ups. When this team beat Philly Union 2-0 and then Red Bulls 4-0 in the finals (the. #1 seed). With all the national team scouts present. I think there were some rethinking going on about which divisions were better. All of sudden more call ups occurred. I honestly do not know how they evaluate talent but it does not help when your own reps in your area are not fighting for you. I will say it motivated the boys to prove that they could compete against a Philly Union or Red Bulls.

keepinitreal
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by twotone 1/31/2016, 12:29 am

Laroja_2012 wrote:As said in an older thread, Preston Pomykal was a soccer player at UNT from 1989 to 93.
http://www.txsoccer.info/t7567-who-is-preston-pomykal

Interesting enough, he was at UNT when David Hudgell was there as well as an assistant coach.  

http://digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth61056/m1/117/

UNT had a men's soccer team from 1976 to 1994 when the program was cut due to gender equity considerations. Coach Hedlund, who had been set to take over the men’s program from legendary coach Richard Lowe, started the women’s program from scratch after the men’s team cut led the Mean Green to an 11-6-1 record in 1995. Hedlund posted 21 straight winning seasons while leading UNT to the NCAA tournament four times.

http://www.meangreensports.com/sports/w-soccer/mtt/john_hedlund_851062.html

Pretty sure Chris Hayden played at UNT during those same years with Pomykal, Hudgell, and Hedlund, among others. So the connection with FCD and Texans coaches existed already

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 1/31/2016, 12:35 am

Texans don't move to FCD they quit the Texans and move on. There is no sharing of the talent pool and there is no turning back once you leave HN. The FCD academy is a quantum leap from Ross Stewart.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket 1/31/2016, 9:45 am

keepinitreal wrote:A pure guess as to why so many were asked to go but here it goes.....
I think this area has been ignored for awhile.  I will say that most of these players on the U18 FCD academy team were from the U16 team that won the U16 academy championship. Prior to going to compete in the semifinals....they were told by their own National Team scout that they were going to be pummeled pretty much by great teams like Philly Union and Red Bulls.  Of note ....at this point FCD academy team had gone through play offs without a goal being scored on them.  He pretty much told the FCD players that other divisions were much better than ours which is probably why they got so many more call ups.  When this team beat Philly Union 2-0 and then Red Bulls 4-0 in the finals (the. #1 seed).  With all the national team scouts present. I think there were some rethinking going on about which divisions were better.  All of sudden more call ups occurred.  I honestly do not know how they evaluate talent but it does not help when your own reps in your area are not fighting for you. I will say it motivated the boys to prove that they could compete against a Philly Union or Red Bulls.

Thanks for sharing that. What strikes me as strange in this move, is that no FCD 99 kids were chosen by the U18 coach, yet the U19 coach picks up one 99 and the only 99 is from FCD with 5 other clubmates. Perhaps Friedel is out front of the re-evaluation.

earbucket
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 1/31/2016, 11:47 am

See what they did at LA Galaxy and it might make more sense why they picked a "Group" of players from FCD.

http://www.lagalaxy.com/post/2014/10/22/five-la-galaxy-academy-players-named-u-18-usmnt-camp-oct-23-31

I think they are looking for a combination of players who already work well together and are getting team results instead of just picking a team of individual stand outs that end up struggling to build some sense of team in a short period of time.

FCD Academy players who train 5 days a week with 1 game on the weekend become a close knit group and over time those relationships tend to make them able to overcome diversity since they pool together to solve a problem.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by keepinitreal 1/31/2016, 1:06 pm

I would agreed with this. For this group of boys at least there is no more residency. There is very little 'training' together before you play a Spain or France. So taking a group of boys who have played together makes a little more sense. This groups will have 4-5 chances to train together before their first came and for 10 of them this is their first call up to National Team. Having a bunch from one team perhaps makes the transition easier? Just a thought.

keepinitreal
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 1/31/2016, 8:50 pm

PremierLeagueFan wrote:The superstar from the Texans was developed early by his coach father (as are many of the Texan elites) and was given incredible opportunities to play and train internationally which enabled him to develop at a very high level.

Of course he has talent, but combined with all the other stuff he had access to, he was able to build on his natural abilities and develop into a top player that will continue to improve.

I was SHOCKED when I saw him in an FCD kit.  This has got to be one of HN's biggest blunders to date.

Oh well, after this BB's FCD academy days are over, I am certain that HN will once again have an opportunity to watch him play as long as he can afford a ticket. Twisted Evil
maybe so but he lost a 96' back in the day to FCD then is now playing Pro in England with Fullham but like the kid in question these kids seem to have a lot more than just talent going for them, it sure seems that unless your a son of a coach then you WILL NOT SEE THE SAME opportunities that they do so I guess that's huge benefit Cool
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by keepinitreal 1/31/2016, 11:09 pm

I could be wrong but I think only 2 players going have Dad's who have coached. Actually the players who have played the most for the National Team in this age group are Zendejas and Weston McKinney. As far as I am aware.....I do not think their parents are coaches. Cannon who has had 5 caps in this age group ....his parents are not coaches. National Team coaches could care less who your Daddy is. The only advantage you have is that your Daddy can perhaps train you....Generally Dads who also coach are the more vocal who advertise their sons more than the others.
It is funny that this is news that FCD players are on the roster when sons of coaches are invited on this site but not news if they are not invited. Wonder who is announcing? Many of these players have been invited before and played. It was not news then.

keepinitreal
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 2/1/2016, 12:10 pm

keepinitreal wrote:I could be wrong but I think only 2 players going have Dad's who have coached.  Actually the players who have played the most for the National Team in this age group are Zendejas and Weston McKinney.  As far as I am aware.....I do not think their parents are coaches.  Cannon who has had 5 caps in this age group ....his parents are not coaches.  National Team coaches could care less who your Daddy is.  The only advantage you have is that your Daddy can perhaps train you....Generally Dads who also coach are the more vocal  who advertise their sons more than the others.  
It is funny that this is news that FCD players are on the roster when sons of coaches are invited on this site but not news if they are not invited.  Wonder who is announcing?  Many of these players have been invited before and played. It was not news then.
ok first one kid isn't even from NTX he was from the El Paso area until recently  and the other one who was once referred to as the "golden child or one" has ties to Germany somehow I had forgot?
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next