Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Problems with USMNT Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Problems with USMNT

+4
wally
SoccerNutz07
soccerrus2
Tornado01
8 posters

Go down

Problems with USMNT Empty Problems with USMNT

Post by Guest 6/13/2011, 1:00 pm

After watching the game against Panama it seems clear the US has some serious problems on the national team. They have a striker in Altidore that does not score, ( his goal against Canada was very weak) and defenders that get beat too easily.

This team cannot be the best talent the US has. Where are all the talented Academy kids that are coming up? I would prefer to play with 19 and 20 year olds that have some spark than waste time with the current crop. Of the starting 11 I would keep Dempsey, Howard, and maybe Agudelo because he has not had enough time yet. Every other position is up for grabs.

Back to top Go down

Problems with USMNT Empty Re: Problems with USMNT

Post by Tornado01 6/13/2011, 1:56 pm

I would add that one of our top players, Center Mid Stu Holden is out with a leg injury. That guy is definitely a keeper. Won player of the year award for his club in the EPL.

We always seem to have plenty of decent defensive center-mids. Never seem to have the creative,slick passing, attacking center mid.

Tornado01
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 6/13/2011, 2:44 pm

Tornado01 wrote:I would add that one of our top players, Center Mid Stu Holden is out with a leg injury. That guy is definitely a keeper. Won player of the year award for his club in the EPL.

We always seem to have plenty of decent defensive center-mids. Never seem to have the creative,slick passing, attacking center mid.

Stu is an ok player BUT I would not say he is a difference maker on MNT. He didn't even play in the WC albeit a late sub against England. He did build his confidence level at Bolton before the injury against ManUtd. Lets hope he recovers...

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerNutz07 6/13/2011, 4:48 pm

Running wrote:After watching the game against Panama it seems clear the US has some serious problems on the national team. They have a striker in Altidore that does not score, ( his goal against Canada was very weak) and defenders that get beat too easily.

This team cannot be the best talent the US has. Where are all the talented Academy kids that are coming up? I would prefer to play with 19 and 20 year olds that have some spark than waste time with the current crop. Of the starting 11 I would keep Dempsey, Howard, and maybe Agudelo because he has not had enough time yet. Every other position is up for grabs.

Including the coach. I believe that's the best Bob Bradley could ever done for USA soccer. Spend the money and get a better coach.
SoccerNutz07
SoccerNutz07
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by wally 6/13/2011, 5:01 pm

Tornado01 wrote:I would add that one of our top players, Center Mid Stu Holden is out with a leg injury. That guy is definitely a keeper. Won player of the year award for his club in the EPL.

I agree with your assessment. USMNT seemed quite ordinary. We do a great job of marketing average football players.
Challenge - How do you develop one of those creative players? Are we over coaching? Do we need a larger national pool or a wider net?
I had the same opinion of Altidore. What are his greatest assets? creativity, speed, scoring or being in the right place at the right time?
wally
wally
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 6/13/2011, 8:59 pm

wally wrote:

I agree with your assessment. USMNT seemed quite ordinary. We do a great job of marketing average football players.
Challenge - How do you develop one of those creative players? Are we over coaching? Do we need a larger national pool or a wider net?I had the same opinion of Altidore. What are his greatest assets? creativity, speed, scoring or being in the right place at the right time?

Open elite soccer to all. What do you need to become a top pro football or hoops star? Talent and good parenting. The high school programs will take care of the rest. What do most people need for top level soccer? Talent and $2000-$5000 per year per kid. Thats part of the problem.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Majortom 6/13/2011, 10:07 pm

Running wrote:After watching the game against Panama it seems clear the US has some serious problems on the national team. They have a striker in Altidore that does not score, ( his goal against Canada was very weak) and defenders that get beat too easily.

Problem starts at the top: Sunil Gulati. Great economics lecturer.....but has never kicked a soccer ball.

Majortom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tornado01 6/13/2011, 10:36 pm

soccerrus2 wrote:

Stu is an ok player BUT I would not say he is a difference maker on MNT. He didn't even play in the WC albeit a late sub against England. He did build his confidence level at Bolton before the injury against ManUtd. Lets hope he recovers...

Stu didn't play in World Cup becuase he had a broken leg and barely recovered in time to even make the WC team. Wasn't able to play in Club games after to get fitness or touch back. Wasn't an indication of his abilities at all. He would definitely be starting for USA now. Not that Bolton is Chelsea or United but if you are "player of the year" for an EPL team you are pretty darn good.

He has just been the unlucky victim of two horrendous tackles. The first one that basically took him out of the World Cup was incredibly dirty and it was done by a player known for such things. When he finally got to full fitness he was playing extremely well for Bolton. Leading the EPL in tackles and was passing the ball brilliantly when he was the victim of another terrible tackle. Although that one wasn't malicious, just poorly timed.

That is a small problem though. USMNT has big issues to deal with. The Holden deal is more of a problem just for the Gold Cup.

Tornado01
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/14/2011, 8:57 am

[justify]

I agree that Stu Holden is one of the best players in the USMNT pool and should start when healthy. He played very well for Bolton this year. I am simply surprised we do not have any other players that are better than what we continue to put on the field. I do think Bob Bradley has to go as he has been there long enough to know what he brings.

Will be interesting to see who starts tonight and if they can have a good game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Me 6/14/2011, 11:23 am

Problem starts with the coaching. I was really upset when they gave him another contract after the World Cup. I'm thinking you're that happy with him that you're going to offer another 4 year contract after the last 8 years. So again you get what you pay for. Politics of same old players. Everything is down the middle and they don't play until they're down two goals. That's coaching. If you're not playing them pull them and get kids that can compete. Big deal if it takes new kids that want to play four years to develop the speed of World Cup play.

It's the same thing you see here in Texas Size and Speed. They can't keep the keep the ball and chance 60 minutes of a 90 minute game.

That's BULL!
Its Me
Its Me
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 6/14/2011, 12:33 pm

Its Me wrote:Problem starts with the coaching. I was really upset when they gave him another contract after the World Cup. I'm thinking you're that happy with him that you're going to offer another 4 year contract after the last 8 years. So again you get what you pay for. Politics of same old players. Everything is down the middle and they don't play until they're down two goals. That's coaching. If you're not playing them pull them and get kids that can compete. Big deal if it takes new kids that want to play four years to develop the speed of World Cup play.

It's the same thing you see here in Texas Size and Speed. They can't keep the keep the ball and chance 60 minutes of a 90 minute game.

That's BULL!

I think there is more to it than that. It starts with Sunil Gulati and the USSF. The U.S. had an opportunity to get Klinsmann a couple times after the last two WC. Klinsmann has unorthodox ways but he wants full power from the senior teams to the youth. Gulati lacked the support from within the USSF to make the kind of radical changes that Klinsmann had in mind. Gulati is a pencil pushing tool.

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 6/14/2011, 10:06 pm

Piss poor!!

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by off_the_woodwork 6/14/2011, 10:26 pm

soccerrus2 wrote:Piss poor!!

What was Dempsey thinking in the second half when he had the ball inside the 6 with a wide open net? Was he planning on dribbling into the goal? Probably my favorite US-based player because of the way he plays the game....that was really out of character for him (almost looked...lazy).

off_the_woodwork
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down