Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Did I make the team??? Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Did I make the team???

+2
THE NEEDLE
Amidoinitrite?
6 posters

Go down

Did I make the team??? Empty Did I make the team???

Post by Amidoinitrite? 6/28/2010, 6:42 pm

I want to know more about the selection process for joining a new team to prepare for select. I would like some feedback on what coaches and clubs say to potential new players on there final roster. This whole process seems very vague during this tryout/practice period. In my case, the team I am interested in has only two spots left and the coach asked me to please come back. Does that mean I have a spot on his roster??? Please enlighten me!!

Amidoinitrite?
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Did I make the team??? Empty Re: Did I make the team???

Post by THE NEEDLE 6/28/2010, 6:45 pm

Amidoinitrite? wrote:I want to know more about the selection process for joining a new team to prepare for select. I would like some feedback on what coaches and clubs say to potential new players on there final roster. This whole process seems very vague during this tryout/practice period. In my case, the team I am interested in has only two spots left and the coach asked me to please come back. Does that mean I have a spot on his roster??? Please enlighten me!!
No you don't have a spot. If you had a spot for sure he would tell you.
THE NEEDLE
THE NEEDLE
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibra 6/28/2010, 6:55 pm

THE NEEDLE wrote:
Amidoinitrite? wrote:I want to know more about the selection process for joining a new team to prepare for select. I would like some feedback on what coaches and clubs say to potential new players on there final roster. This whole process seems very vague during this tryout/practice period. In my case, the team I am interested in has only two spots left and the coach asked me to please come back. Does that mean I have a spot on his roster??? Please enlighten me!!
No you don't have a spot. If you had a spot for sure he would tell you.
Amen! If you find yourself standing around every practice with 10 other parents
watching their bbs going through evaluation/try-outs,you probably have
some reason for concern. Unless you have a firm commitment, your coach
is most likely waiting for "the chosen one" to show up at one of the
official "try-outs" starting July 1st so he can tell you "thanks for
your interest...if we only rostered 17...good luck with your bb..." BLAH
BLAH BLAH
Ibra
Ibra
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Amidoinitrite? 6/28/2010, 7:15 pm

So far, I know of several D1 caliber players who have not been given a firm commitement to play on a team. I guess I am a newbie to this process, and my bb might get burned because I didn't shop him around earlier. I feel like the coaches and clubs that already have good reputations, aren't going to sign a kid right on the spot, as to not inflame existing players and other kids trying out. I really want to believe that these coaches know that these players lookng for a spot, for whatever reason, don't have alot of time to find a new coach and team....I hope for the best for all these boys in there pursuit of playing soccer...without all of the other b.s. that goes along with this process!!

Last edited by Amidoinitrite? on 6/28/2010, 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Amidoinitrite?
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rightback 6/28/2010, 7:29 pm

You have to ask specific questions...if the coach is not specific in response then you are being kept around as a backup plan and you are likely to be disappointed. If he needed you - you would likely have already been offered a spot. That said, it is worth the conversation.

Rightback
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeatlast 6/28/2010, 9:11 pm

Amidoinitrite? wrote:So far, I know of several D1 caliber players who have not been given a firm commitement to play on a team. I guess I am a newbie to this process, and my bb might get burned because I didn't shop him around earlier. I feel like the coaches and clubs that already have good reputations, aren't going to sign a kid right on the spot, as to not inflame existing players and other kids trying out. I am sure this process is very objective and the coach will do what he wants. I really want to believe that these coaches know that these players lookng for a spot, for whatever reason, don't have alot of time to find a new coach and team....I hope for the best for all these boys in there pursuit of playing soccer...without all of the other b.s. that goes along with this process!!

You can be sure the coach will do what he wants, which is to try and please the owners. But where did you get the idea that this process is very objective?

Freeatlast
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by THE NEEDLE 6/28/2010, 9:36 pm

Amidoinitrite? wrote:So far, I know of several D1 caliber players who have not been given a firm commitement to play on a team. I guess I am a newbie to this process, and my bb might get burned because I didn't shop him around earlier. I feel like the coaches and clubs that already have good reputations, aren't going to sign a kid right on the spot, as to not inflame existing players and other kids trying out. I really want to believe that these coaches know that these players lookng for a spot, for whatever reason, don't have alot of time to find a new coach and team....I hope for the best for all these boys in there pursuit of playing soccer...without all of the other b.s. that goes along with this process!!

Based on my experience and observations that is not correct. If the coach wants a kid trying onut on the team and the kid is likely to be a starter he will offer him a spot. If the coach is not sure he might ask the kid to keep coimg back as an insurance policy.
THE NEEDLE
THE NEEDLE
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Amidoinitrite? 6/28/2010, 9:47 pm

Thanks for the feedback, I know alot of these boys have good skills and a good knowledge of the game, guess it just boils down to if the coach like the kid enough to commit:)

Amidoinitrite?
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sillymom 7/1/2010, 10:46 pm

Just curious since it's July 1 did you stay?

Amidoinitrite? wrote:Thanks for the feedback, I know alot of these boys have good skills and a good knowledge of the game, guess it just boils down to if the coach like the kid enough to commit:)
sillymom
sillymom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Amidoinitrite? 7/1/2010, 10:49 pm

I stayed and I signed, thank God it's over and done!! Good luck to all the boys in th up coming season!

Amidoinitrite?
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rightback 7/2/2010, 11:43 am

I am really glad that it worked out!

Rightback
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down