Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Classic QT team list - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Classic QT team list

+16
05Soccerdad
tshirtfan
Soccer10Dad
smculberts
redo-it-all
ballwork
HupHolland
Entering the Fray
FMM
allentexan
lfca06melia
tpitty
Solar 06B Hildebrand
OP05
allen04
muc03b
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Classic QT team list - Page 2 Empty Re: Classic QT team list

Post by Soccer10Dad 8/2/2016, 9:54 am

OP05 wrote:True, but those three 06 FCD teams went 10-0 and gave up 1 goal all weekend.

Last season, the top 10 D1 05/04 teams were half FCD.  The FCD Premiere 05/04 team and the Texans ran away with the league.  FCD ended the year with teams in 1st, 3rd, 4th, 6th and 8th.  

And the 05s are off to a good start with more teams than any other club in D1 (5).  

Solar (4), Texans (4) and Liverpool (3) had strong QT showings too.  

Having several healthy competitive clubs and a few strong independents is a great for NTX.

Right but the older teams are still the product of Snell and his program. Next year we will see less and less teams qualify, 06 and younger.

Soccer10Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by smculberts 8/2/2016, 10:07 am

Let's not forget that FCD pooled boys this summer and formed top teams. They created an extremely talented top group, but pulled players from 3 different teams. In doing this, they lost a top team/coach to Solar as well as few other boys that left and went other places. Before pooling the boys, they would have likely had 5 teams in D1 at 06. As it sits, they have 3 very strong teams in D1 this upcoming season. The sky is definitely not falling at FCD. Same thing happening at Texans. Solar represented extremely well, and that's great to see. They even at had a team like Naizier get screwed in their grouping (should be D1), Volkan just missed out on D1, and Castro has his 06s playing up into 05 and they got D1 there. For those three clubs, it's one more year for these 06s and some will move onto the U12 DA. Exciting times for all of them.

smculberts
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer10Dad 8/2/2016, 10:19 am

I heard the team FCD lost was issued a warning, stay with the club or risk getting banned. Any truth in that?

Soccer10Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 05Soccerdad 8/2/2016, 10:37 am

Right but the older teams are still the product of Snell and his program.  Next year we will see less and less teams qualify, 06 and younger.  [/quote]

Please explain the product of Snell. Just curious.
05Soccerdad
05Soccerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tshirtfan 8/2/2016, 10:49 am

3 teams with 1 win out of 3 games made D1, and some teams that won 3 out of 4 games made D2. Its laughable, but it is what it is I suppose. A team loses 6-0, ties 0-0, and wins 12-0. If thats a D1 qualifier over a team that won 2-1, 3-2, 3-0, and lost 2-1 in a bracket full of D1 caliber teams, then I guess its fair...

tshirtfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by slrsoccer2 8/2/2016, 10:56 am

[quote="tshirtfan"]3 teams with 1 win out of 3 games made D1, and some teams that won 3 out of 4 games made D2. Its laughable, but it is what it is I suppose. A team  loses 6-0, ties 0-0, and wins 12-0. If thats a D1 qualifier over a team that won 2-1, 3-2, 3-0, and lost 2-1 in a bracket full of D1 caliber teams, then I guess its fair...[/quote]

So tell us why you feel so aggrieved by the qualifying process. There were 40 some odd teams that all knew the rules coming into the weekend. It was really quite simple, come top 2 in your group and you are in. Were some groups harder than others, sure, but that is the case with any tournament.

Let's be honest, this age group will be like all the others that have come before it. There will be 3 or 4 teams that are far better than everyone else and the rest will fight it out to stay up.

It's easy for any team that came third to say "we would have come second" in another group.

slrsoccer2
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tshirtfan 8/2/2016, 11:06 am

I know it was tough seeding this year with all the new teams. There was a 3 way tie for first, all Solar teams, in our bracket. All 3 of these teams had more points than any other 2nd place team with 29 (19 if you take away the gimme we all played). There should have never been 3 good Solar teams in one bracket. With that being said, it is all good. The kids are 10 years old, and have a lot of soccer in their future, so it really doesnt matter. It just stinks for teams that will have it easy in D2, and teams that will get smoked in D1. It will all shake itself out though, and I am happy for all the teams

tshirtfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/2/2016, 12:27 pm

At least its a better situation with the 06s with all teams getting multiple shots (games, weekends) to get into Classic (D1 or D2) in a smaller pool. The 66 05 teams had one weekend with 3 games to decide everything. There were teams that should be in classic but will have to go elsewhere cause they had a bad draw, while some teams only needed to score 2 goals in a game, get blown out in the others and still made Classic cause they only had to win 1 game.

Back to top Go down

Post by tfcreds 8/2/2016, 1:31 pm

tshirtfan:  regarding your comment about "one team loses 6-0, ties 0-0, wins 12-0, and they are d1?"  you must be talking about celtic roberts.  my son scrimmaged them the week before qt and they are definitely d1 worthy.  quality team and played good possession from box to box.

we watched first half of celtic v. fcd academy gall, and it was 1-0 at halftime with good chances from both teams.  simultaneously our sister team lp trevino scored in the other bracket game, so at halftime celtic obviously knew they had qualified for d1.  easy to let your guard down in the second half when you are 9 years old and want to celebrate.

at king tut, solar nazier also lost to the same fcd academy gall 6-0. hard to say one team is better when the scorelines were exactly the same.  no offense, just fun to talk about.  i didn't see any of that game so you can fill me in.

all 3 solars were very good and have bright futures. was a tough bracket, but it all sorts out over the years.  we'll see you guys in d2 soon.  your team should be a good measuring stick for us in the overall standings.

for 05's, very true about the one week do-or-die qualifying.  tough way to sort it out for that age group.  lots of entertaining football in those qt games.  saw a brilliant half-volley backheel goal in one of the morning games.

Last edited by tfcreds on 8/2/2016, 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

tfcreds
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by muc03b 8/2/2016, 1:55 pm

Here's the brackets for the 2nd weekend...any predictions?

Bracket A
1) LIVERPOOL
LIVERPOOL 06B DALGLISH (SOUTAR)
2) LIVERPOOL
LIVERPOOL 06B ALONSO (BLENCOE)
3) MANSFIELD REVOLUTION
MANSFIELD REVOLUTION 06B (DAVIDSON)
4) LIVERPOOL
LIVERPOOL 06B THOMPSON (TREVINO)

Bracket B
1) FC PREMIER
FC PREMIER 06B (NEZIANYA)
2) FC DALLAS YOUTH
FC DALLAS YOUTH 06B GOLD (MEDINA)
3) FC DALLAS YOUTH
FC DALLAS YOUTH 06B WEST BLUE (GONZALEZ)
4) FC DALLAS YOUTH
FC DALLAS YOUTH 06B NORTH WHITE (JAY DANE)

Bracket C
1) FC DALLAS YOUTH
FC DALLAS YOUTH 06B NORTH RED (LOPEZ)
2) DALLAS TEXANS
DALLAS TEXANS FTW 06B RED (CLEMENTSON)
3) FCUSA TEXAS 06B (COONEY)
4) DALLAS REVOLUTION ACADEMY
DALLAS REVOLUTION ACADEMY 06B (REYNA)

Bracket D
1) ATHLETICO ESPAÑOL
ATHLETICO ESPAÑOL 06B (BURCIAGA SR)
2) FC DALLAS YOUTH
FC DALLAS YOUTH 06B CENTRAL BLUE (EKEME)
3) FC DALLAS YOUTH
FC DALLAS YOUTH 06B SILVER (REDZIC)
4) SOLAR CHELSEA
SOLAR CHELSEA 06B (TEZKOL)

muc03b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tfcreds 8/2/2016, 2:20 pm

solar tshirtfan: now it's our club's turn to have 3 teams in one bracket! :-) surprised that fcd medina and premier nezi are grouped together.

tfcreds
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by muc03b 8/2/2016, 2:23 pm

Looks like they based it on points from 1st weekend then goal differential was the tie breaker. The only one that looks like they switched around was #14 FCD North White and #15 Dallas Revolution where #15 should have been in Bracket B but I assume was moved due to the fact they played FCP Nezi during first weekend.

muc03b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tshirtfan 8/2/2016, 2:29 pm

Its just craziness is all! Of course Im disappointed about results, but in the end, you just gotta win em all and dont let it go to the tiebreaker. My comments are all in fun, and its just soccer. Good luck to all this next weekend and the upcoming season!!

tshirtfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer10Dad 8/2/2016, 2:38 pm

It is just soccer and im surprised some of these teams tried to qualify given the talent pool and coaching. I know at least one coach in group above that puts ZERO effort into developing his team and all he does is baby sit for 90 minutes.

Soccer10Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by melabrew 8/2/2016, 3:25 pm

tshirtfan wrote:Its just craziness is all! Of course Im disappointed about results, but in the end, you just gotta win em all and dont let it go to the tiebreaker. My comments are all in fun, and its just soccer. Good luck to all this next weekend and the upcoming season!!

My son is on Premier and we played in your bracket. I'm with you...the bracket grouping seemed unfair. Hopefully we make D2 this weekend. Your team played amazing...you will give us all something to work towards. Smile

melabrew
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by melabrew 8/2/2016, 3:27 pm

muc03b wrote:Here's the brackets for the 2nd weekend...any predictions?

Bracket A
1) LIVERPOOL
LIVERPOOL 06B DALGLISH (SOUTAR)
2) LIVERPOOL
LIVERPOOL 06B ALONSO (BLENCOE)
3) MANSFIELD REVOLUTION
MANSFIELD REVOLUTION 06B (DAVIDSON)
4) LIVERPOOL
LIVERPOOL 06B THOMPSON (TREVINO)

Bracket B
1) FC PREMIER
FC PREMIER 06B (NEZIANYA)
2) FC DALLAS YOUTH
FC DALLAS YOUTH 06B GOLD (MEDINA)
3) FC DALLAS YOUTH
FC DALLAS YOUTH 06B WEST BLUE (GONZALEZ)
4) FC DALLAS YOUTH
FC DALLAS YOUTH 06B NORTH WHITE (JAY DANE)

Bracket C
1) FC DALLAS YOUTH
FC DALLAS YOUTH 06B NORTH RED (LOPEZ)
2) DALLAS TEXANS
DALLAS TEXANS FTW 06B RED (CLEMENTSON)
3) FCUSA TEXAS 06B (COONEY)
4) DALLAS REVOLUTION ACADEMY
DALLAS REVOLUTION ACADEMY 06B (REYNA)

Bracket D
1) ATHLETICO ESPAÑOL
ATHLETICO ESPAÑOL 06B (BURCIAGA SR)
2) FC DALLAS YOUTH
FC DALLAS YOUTH 06B CENTRAL BLUE (EKEME)
3) FC DALLAS YOUTH
FC DALLAS YOUTH 06B SILVER (REDZIC)
4) SOLAR CHELSEA
SOLAR CHELSEA 06B (TEZKOL)

Where was this posted? I haven't seen it posted anywhere yet aside from here.

melabrew
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tshirtfan 8/2/2016, 3:35 pm

melabrew wrote:
tshirtfan wrote:Its just craziness is all! Of course Im disappointed about results, but in the end, you just gotta win em all and dont let it go to the tiebreaker. My comments are all in fun, and its just soccer. Good luck to all this next weekend and the upcoming season!!

My son is on Premier and we played in your bracket. I'm with you...the bracket grouping seemed unfair. Hopefully we make D2 this weekend. Your team played amazing...you will give us all something to work towards. Smile

Good luck this weekend! We were really hoping you would score 1 last night, to put us through to D1. Most brackets had 1 team like us, where yall had to play 3! I think yall will do well this weekend!

tshirtfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by muc03b 8/2/2016, 3:45 pm

It's hard to say that the bracket grouping was unfair IMO. Sure, three Solar teams in one bracket with all of them playing exceptionally well and Nazier getting hosed by the officials in their Saturday game vs FCP which lead to the 3-2 win instead of a 3-0 win. Past that bracket, the teams that ran the table at King Tut or have coaches with a history of success got ranked higher therefore played the easier teams. It's not like Hassan's Texans would be a lower ranked team because they didn't participate in the King Tut. I heard that too many times on the sidelines this past weekend (King tut rankings this, that and the other.) The 4 team and 5 team bracket is a mess no matter how you look at it. There's no foolproof way of making it right and unfortunately when a bracket gets made with 3 Solar teams or 3 FCD teams, they have to do what they can to beat their cohorts out and get that elusive Cla$$ic bid.

muc03b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by melabrew 8/2/2016, 3:49 pm

tshirtfan wrote:
melabrew wrote:

Good luck this weekend! We were really hoping you would score 1 last night, to put us through to D1. Most brackets had 1 team like us, where yall had to play 3! I think yall will do well this weekend!

Thank you! We were hoping for a better result as well. I have no idea what happened last night. It was ridiculously bad...worst we have played in a long time.

melabrew
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by fcdplayer 8/2/2016, 4:25 pm

Soccer10Dad wrote:I heard the team FCD lost was issued a warning, stay with the club or risk getting banned.  Any truth in that?  

YES...was close enough to the conversation that took place between coach and parent/player. was painful to listen to, felt sorry for player and very upset at coach. Lets see if they hold to it!

fcdplayer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2