Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Dallas Texans Fall Festival Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Dallas Texans Fall Festival

+5
soccerdadrandy
hanallalone
davito
SnookumsConCarne
earbucket
9 posters

Go down

Dallas Texans Fall Festival Empty Dallas Texans Fall Festival

Post by earbucket 11/14/2016, 3:23 pm

This is a Dallas Cup qualifier for ages U13-U16 only.  How come it is not for U17-U19?  

1.     Teams that will qualify for the 2017 Dr Pepper Dallas Cup XXXVIII will be the following:

a.     U13 Boys – any team that wins the Red (top) division

b.     U14 Boys – any team team that wins the Red (top) division

c.     U15 Boys – any NON – NORTH TEXAS (NTSSA) team that wins the Red (top) division

d.     U16 Boys – any team that wins the Red (top) division
http://www.dallastexans.com/page/show/908727-fall-festival-

Bobby Rhine the same way.
*(In U13, U14, U15, and U16 boys divisions only)

http://www.fcdallas.com/youth/tournaments/rhine  

KSMDT winners qualified for U17-U19 (just have to do the math to figure it out).

Classic D1 winners qualify, so that is two classic league teams each, plus two DA teams (FCD will play in GA) for U17 and three DA teams for U19.

So with only two teams qualifying at U18, that leads me to be believe that there will not be an U18 division and those two teams will play in the U19 division.

earbucket
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Dallas Texans Fall Festival Empty Re: Dallas Texans Fall Festival

Post by SnookumsConCarne 11/15/2016, 11:05 pm

"c. U15 Boys – any NON – NORTH TEXAS (NTSSA) team that wins the Red (top) division."

So, why even place North Texas teams in the U-15 Red Division, if winning it won't amount to jack$&#%?

Most of these DTS kids and parents thought that this Texans Fall Festival DC Qualifier tournament pertained to any team competing in the Top Division.
Didn't find out differently until 3 1/2 weeks ago.

So, if Mexico, DTS, Solar (Sawyer), or Ayses win this bracket and one of these 4 teams come in 2nd, will the DC bid go to whatever Non-Texas team that finishes behind them?
Or will that DC spot be vacated?
Just curious.
SnookumsConCarne
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 11/16/2016, 9:20 am

So its just another tournament for U15 local teams.

If you re-read the rule it looks like a Non NTX team can only get a DC spot if they actually WIN the U15 Red division.

I suspect the reason is that at U15 there are already several local teams that earned claims to a DC spot.
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SnookumsConCarne 11/16/2016, 11:29 am

Obviously I did read it the first time.
Did YOU read the part where I asked if this is the case, would this vacate that bid?
I was checking to see if someone had the answer to my question, not to be questioned if I re-read it or not.
I may have interpreted it incorrectly and was looking for clarification.
Damn!
SnookumsConCarne
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone 11/16/2016, 12:13 pm

So who is already in the U-15 bracket??? Odyssey (Ken Smith), Solar Red (1st Place CL), FCD P (their tourney), who else from NTX could be in it already???
hanallalone
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 11/16/2016, 2:00 pm

SnookumsConCarne wrote:Obviously I did read it the first time.
Did YOU read the part where I asked if this is the case, would this vacate that bid?
I was checking to see if someone had the answer to my question, not to be questioned if I re-read it or not.
I may have interpreted it incorrectly and was looking for clarification.
Damn!

that bid would be vacated and fill by FCD
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket 11/16/2016, 2:01 pm

hanallalone wrote:So who is already in the U-15 bracket???  Odyssey (Ken Smith), Solar Red (1st Place CL), FCD P (their tourney), who else from NTX could be in it already???  

I would say that FCD DT and Solar DA 14s are in the U15 bracket.

earbucket
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 11/16/2016, 2:33 pm

Do the local DA teams (FCD, DT & Solar) automatically get a spot in every DA age group?

Solar won the U14 bracket last year. Does anyone know if last year winners get a spot?
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 11/16/2016, 2:36 pm

earbucket wrote:
hanallalone wrote:So who is already in the U-15 bracket???  Odyssey (Ken Smith), Solar Red (1st Place CL), FCD P (their tourney), who else from NTX could be in it already???  

I would say that FCD DT and Solar DA 14s are in the U15 bracket.

Yes. This. Which.....if you are a CL parent qualified for DC.... at least increases the chances you don't have to homestay a foreign team. But if the remainder of the field is DA teams it might not be a real fun tourney.

"Dallas Metro Area USSF Development Academy U17/18, U15/16 and U13/14 teams will qualify automatically in the Dallas Cup, with the age groups to be determined"
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 11/16/2016, 3:02 pm

I guess that explains it then. U14 DA are 02s which is U15 in Fall Festival. With 3 DA teams plus Ody and Solar Stricker already in that is a lot of local teams filling up the bracket.

For the U16 (01) bracket there are likely no local DA teams as most U16 DA players are 00s. So more local spots up for grabs in that age group.
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint 11/16/2016, 3:16 pm

davito wrote:I guess that explains it then. U14 DA are 02s which is U15 in Fall Festival. With 3 DA teams plus Ody and Solar Stricker already in that is a lot of local teams filling up the bracket.

For the U16 (01) bracket there are likely no local DA teams as most U16 DA players are 00s. So more local spots up for grabs in that age group.

True on the 01s. There are no 01 DA teams, those are Pre-Academy and no automatic bid for Dallas Cup. They have to qualify so local spots are up for grabs.

But in 03 ( U14) there are three local DA's as well and they have local spots up for grabs for U14DA. Not sure how U15 got singled out.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 11/16/2016, 3:36 pm

Perhaps no U14 team won the KSMDT bid. The rules listed use the old terminology. Its probably just last years rules copied over. But its a little confusing as they don't mention U13DA. Just U13/U14...which is the U14 team. Do U13DA teams get bids for sure?

For whatever reason they list a lot of TBDs next to what age the DA teams will qualify for. Perhaps its because the DA and USYS soccer ages are not aligned. Or maybe not. It certainly is cleanest to have the DA teams play their age.

There is quite a large subspace of competitiveness between the top DA teams and the range of teams (local and non-local) that they had playing in this event last year. If this is a tourney that is supposed to be competitive for....for example.....FCD U14DA at the U15 age, then this is not a tourney for ANY of the teams that came last year. Pantsed so badly that I don't think it would be fun for anybody. Would need a field of DA teams. And if this is a tourney that is supposed to be competitive for good non-DA teams, well then they might as well have the DA teams play up. Locally the competition level between non-DA and DA is at least a year difference. At 02 and 03 level. IMO.

Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint 11/16/2016, 3:54 pm

Number13 wrote:Perhaps no U14 team won the KSMDT bid.   The rules listed use the old terminology.   Its probably just last years rules copied over.   But its a little confusing as they don't mention U13DA.   Just U13/U14...which is the U14 team.    Do U13DA teams get bids for sure?

For whatever reason they list a lot of TBDs next to what age the DA teams will qualify for.  Perhaps its because the DA and USYS soccer ages are not aligned.  Or maybe not.  It certainly is cleanest to have the DA teams play their age.

There is quite a large subspace of competitiveness between the top DA teams and the range of teams (local and non-local) that they had playing in this event last year.   If this is a tourney that is supposed to be competitive for....for example.....FCD U14DA at the U15 age, then this is not a tourney for ANY of the teams that came last year.   Pantsed so badly that I don't think it would be fun for anybody.   Would need a field of DA teams.  And if this is a tourney that is supposed to be competitive for good non-DA teams, well then they might as well have the DA teams play up.   Locally the competition level between non-DA and DA is at least a year difference.  At 02 and 03 level.  IMO.  

that will be a big question is do the the DA teams play their age group or up a year.  Does the U14 ( 2002 FCD DA, 2002 Solar DA , and 2002 DT DA ) team play 2002 Classic league teams in the Dallas Cup or do they play up?  Same goes for 2003 DA teams and who knows what will happen with 2004 DA teams that are U12 in DA but technically U13 in Dallas Cup age.  Do they automatically qualify as well?

It will be interesting to see if there is a gap in level if the DA teams play their own age groups ( 2002DA plays 2002 CL teams).

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 11/16/2016, 4:02 pm

Sprint wrote:

It will be interesting to see if there is a gap in level if the DA teams play their own age groups ( 2002DA plays 2002 CL teams).

Laugh. Um. Yeah there is a gap. Its just whether or not the gap is so large that its silly or not.

At our age, I would imagine that Strickers team would play the DT DA team in a good match. I would imagine they would lose to the Solar DA team. I would imagine they would need to go to a shelter after playing FCD.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 11/16/2016, 4:37 pm

The Dallas Cup substitution rules may slow down the high pressure high tempo teams a bit for U15 and above. With no free substitution and a limit of 6 subs at least 5 players have to play the whole game. There will be no opportunity to rest the starters for 5 or 10 minutes a half.

10. Substitution will be allowed during natural stoppage of the match at the referee's discretion. For the Super Group, U19, U18, U17, U16 and U15, each team may nominate up to a maximum of seven (7) substitutes; however, the team may only use a maximum number of six (6) substitutions during a match. The substitution is completed when the substitute enters the field of play and the player whom he is replacing ceases to be a player. Free substitution is not permitted. Once a player leaves the match and is substituted, he cannot return to play further in the match. For U14 and U13, free substitution up to seven players and re-entry will be allowed.
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket 11/16/2016, 5:18 pm

Sprint wrote:
davito wrote:I guess that explains it then. U14 DA are 02s which is U15 in Fall Festival. With 3 DA teams plus Ody and Solar Stricker already in that is a lot of local teams filling up the bracket.

True on the 01s.  There are no 01 DA teams, those are Pre-Academy and no automatic bid for Dallas Cup.  They have to qualify so local spots are up for grabs.  

But in 03 ( U14) there are three local DA's as well and they have local spots up for grabs for U14DA.  Not sure how U15 got singled out.  

DC traditionally invites the top TEPAL team for pre-academy. That would be FCD U15 PA team (01s) and they would play in the U16s.

earbucket
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 11/16/2016, 8:01 pm

The rules suggest the top TEPAL team is 2nd alternate.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 11/17/2016, 10:19 am

U16 DC

I think Solar Chelsea Elite (Fagen) qualified via Ken Smith.
FCD Premier 01 qualified by Classic League D1
FCD Central (Spiars) 01 could be included since they were a DC Finalist last year.
FCD U15 Pre Academy is playing in the Bobby Rhine, another DC qualifier. They will likely be the champion based on the current list of participating teams.

U16 DC is up for grabs via Texans Fall Festival since FCD Premier 01, FCD Central 01, Solar Chelsea Elite 01 have already (or likely) qualified for DC and FCD U15 likely will qualify via Bobby Rhine.

Sporting United, Solar Chelsea 01 (Stricker) and OKC FC should take the opportunity to get as far as possible in the Texans Fall Festival.

Surprises are possible. Two years ago FCD Premier 01 qualified as a CL D2 team by winning the Texans Fall Festival. Last year FCD Premier 01 qualified by winning Bobby Rhine. The Texans Fall Festival and Bobby Rhine are great avenues to get into the DC.
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 11/17/2016, 10:38 am

There is a big gap... I don't see any of the U14 classic teams even coming close to competing with any solar , texans , FCD DA teams. With DC going pure age it will be interesting to see the difference on a national level with the DA teams

Number13 wrote:
Sprint wrote:

Laugh.  Um.  Yeah there is a gap.   Its just whether or not the gap is so large that its silly or not.  

At our age, I would imagine that Strickers team would play the DT DA team in a good match.   I would imagine they would lose to the Solar DA team.   I would imagine they would need to go to a shelter after playing FCD.  

Soccer27
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 11/17/2016, 10:56 am

Well I think there is some variability. At U14 all three DA teams are strong. Which is anomalous. Those teams would not get pushed by local non-DA teams. I don't know jack about U16 or U18DA.

Seem to be a good amount of talent overlap between DA and CL, and some things in DA don't make sense to me, but its hard to fight against 11 competent kids practicing all the time without having the same.

I'm sure the 03DA parents know if they are playing in the Dallas Cup or not. Or maybe they just get told stuff 1-2 days before the bus/plane leaves. But the current DC rules didn't sound like they included the 03DA teams in the autobids.

Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 11/17/2016, 12:57 pm

We were told we would get an automatic bid for DC

(3) USSF Development Academy Teams: The Dallas Metro Area U17/18 Academy teams will receive an invitation in the Dallas Cup TBD age group. The Dallas Metro Area U15/U16 Academy teams will receive an invitation in the Dallas Cup TBD age group. The Dallas Metro Area U13/U14 Academy teams will receive an invitation in the Dallas Cup TBD age group.

Number13 wrote:Well I think there is some variability.   At U14 all three DA teams are strong.  Which is anomalous.   Those teams would not get pushed by local non-DA teams.   I don't know jack about U16 or U18DA.    

Seem to be a good amount of talent overlap between DA and CL, and some things in DA don't make sense to me, but its hard to fight against 11 competent kids practicing all the time without having the same.  

I'm sure the 03DA parents know if they are playing in the Dallas Cup or not.  Or maybe they just get told stuff 1-2 days before the bus/plane leaves.   But the current DC rules didn't sound like they included the 03DA teams in the autobids.  

Soccer27
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 11/17/2016, 1:12 pm

Soccer27 wrote:We were told we would get an automatic bid for DC

(3) USSF Development Academy Teams: The Dallas Metro Area U17/18 Academy teams will receive an invitation in the Dallas Cup TBD age group. The Dallas Metro Area U15/U16 Academy teams will receive an invitation in the Dallas Cup TBD age group. The Dallas Metro Area U13/U14 Academy teams will receive an invitation in the Dallas Cup TBD age group.

Well, I would suspect that you will, but I think what you are quoting doesn't say that. Semantics, I'm sure. The last sentence should be updated to say U13 and U14. If that is their intention. IMO.

Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 11/17/2016, 1:20 pm

Yea i agree their rules are outdated and do. It reflect the pure age change that D.C. Has switched over to. I am sure that will all be updated

I'm sure it's all been talked about and in the works of clarifying.

Soccer27
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down