Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

NTSSA Recreation Player Pool and Other Exciting Stuff Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

NTSSA Recreation Player Pool and Other Exciting Stuff

+3
rebel14
finish1
Uncleof05AP
7 posters

Go down

NTSSA Recreation Player Pool and Other Exciting Stuff Empty NTSSA Recreation Player Pool and Other Exciting Stuff

Post by Uncleof05AP 3/2/2017, 9:52 am

Luckily, my nephew joined the perfect team this year. The coach is incredible. His focus is on developing players, not winning. Moreover, the parents are tremendous. The team always comes first with them, and there is absolutely no politics. I am sure most of you have had the same experience. That being said, I read a post in another thread that discussed that a competitive player cannot guest play with another team in a tournament (even after the State Cup) without his current coach's permission. Based on my reading of the rules, this is correct. In addition, as I understand it, a competitive player cannot practice with another team (outside of his club) until after the State Cup.

Apparently, there is a loophole to the foregoing by filing a release before April 1st to be placed in the recreational-player pool, which will make you a free agent. Your coach does not have to sign that release but will be sent a copy of it. If your son or nephew wanted to explore other options (even if he liked his current team), it might make sense to obtain a release to the recreational-player pool. At the same time, I can see how it might cause your current coach to become a tad bit upset even if you tell the coach that your son or nephew still has a serious interest in his team but just wants to explore some other options for the experience. Anyway, to my question, do a lot of players obtain a release to the recreational-player pool so that they have more time to explore their options or do most players just wait until after the State Cup to explore those options?

Finally, for the first time, I read the Bylaws and Rules for the NTSSA. If you have not (and you are a loser like me), you might want to review them. I was surprised by some of the rules. For instance, to take private lessons, your son or nephew is supposed to obtain an acknowledgement slip from his coach that the trainer is supposed to keep in case a Member Association or NTSSA requests it from the trainer. (For the record, I only had three hours to read the 125 pages of rules. Thus, I might have missed something or read the rules wrong.)

In advance, I appreciate any responses.

Uncleof05AP
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

NTSSA Recreation Player Pool and Other Exciting Stuff Empty Re: NTSSA Recreation Player Pool and Other Exciting Stuff

Post by finish1 3/2/2017, 10:06 am

Tip- don't sign a release to rec if your player is happy on his current team. His coach won't respond in a positive way and your player will pay the price.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

NTSSA Recreation Player Pool and Other Exciting Stuff Empty Re: NTSSA Recreation Player Pool and Other Exciting Stuff

Post by rebel14 3/2/2017, 10:24 am

Would also like to add a question to the mix. What if a player's team is disbanded for the spring season. Do they still need a release to rec to practice with other teams. Not really understanding the rules in that scenario. Thanks in advance.

rebel14
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 3/2/2017, 10:42 am

If your team disbands you should have a full release to do anything.  Just contact NTSSA and they will tell you what to do.   This happened to Sampaios Lightning 03 team a few years back.  

Anyway, to my question, do a lot of players obtain a release to the recreational-player pool so that they have more time to explore their options or do most players just wait until after the State Cup to explore those options?

No I don't think a lot of players try to obtain a release to the rec pool.   At least not as a course of business.   Just the disgruntled.   You get released to rec and you are done playing for current team.  Outside of coming back as a guest for tourneys that allow it. With league rainouts, or State Cup, there is usually team soccer past April 1st.  With older teams virtually your whole spring season occurs after April 1st.   So you would miss all of that.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncleof05AP 3/3/2017, 12:14 pm

I appreciate the responses.   I figured that was the case.  I just saw it as an opportunity for players to get different experiences that might benefit them, especially if league play is over for them and they are not playing in State Cup.  Foolishly, I was looking at it from the child's perspective.    

Are the coaches understandable about allowing players guest play in tournaments with other teams after the State Cup or do they also consider that as a slap in the face?

I apologize for the novice questions.  I just want to avoid ruining my nephew's life again.

Uncleof05AP
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by melabrew 3/3/2017, 1:00 pm

I might be naive, but I think it varies from coach to coach. I don't see my son's coach having a problem with it if it was a tournament his team wasn't competing in. Why not just ask the coach what his thoughts are or policy is about kids guest playing? The only time I think it would be an issue is if the coach thinks the player may jump ship for the other team.

melabrew
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 3/3/2017, 1:04 pm

Yes it is a slap. Coaches don't want parents checking out if the grass is greener somewhere else and unsettling the rest of the team. They want unflinching commitment to the team....until the day your nephew is cut.... Sad
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 04Soccerdad 3/3/2017, 6:15 pm

davito wrote:Yes it is a slap. Coaches don't want parents checking out if the grass is greener somewhere else and unsettling the rest of the team. They want unflinching commitment to the team....until the day your nephew is cut.... Sad

^^^^What he said!^^^^

04Soccerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncleof05AP 3/3/2017, 6:32 pm

Are you saying the coach is not completely committed and loyal to my nephew?   It is all about the growth of the players, correct?   I am new to all of this, but it did not take long for me to learn that loyalty in youth soccer is not a two-way street.  

I appreciate the responses.

Uncleof05AP
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down