Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

NTSSA and dual referees Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

NTSSA and dual referees

5 posters

Go down

NTSSA and dual referees Empty NTSSA and dual referees

Post by my2cents 11/8/2009, 12:58 pm

With all the talk of ref shortages this season why is NTX opposed to the dual system ? It would result in better games then running one short or with a parent.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

NTSSA and dual referees Empty Re: NTSSA and dual referees

Post by coachdom 11/8/2009, 11:56 pm

3-person crew is a US Youth Soccer Association policy. Duals are acceptable in US Club Soccer and UIL, but HUGE no-no in US Youth.
coachdom
coachdom
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by twotone 11/9/2009, 12:58 am

agreed above. Only approved to use a "club Linesman" which is the spectator/parent that helps out but is only allowed to show direction of throw-ins, cannot call offside or fouls.

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by happyfeet 11/9/2009, 9:34 am

Dual system is not approved in US Club Soccer. US Club is affiliated with the US Soccer Federation which MUST follow FIFA laws. See the attached link on where US Club Soccer fits in the organizational structure..
http://www.ussoccer.com/About/About-Home/Organizational-Structure.aspx
USSF answer (November 4, 2008):
As a member of FIFA, the world governing body of soccer, the U. S. Soccer Federation must follow the requirements of FIFA, the International F. A. Board (the people who make the Laws of the Game), and the Laws themselves.
The Laws of the Game require the diagonal system of control: one referee, two assistant referees, and a fourth official in some competitions. Rules of other competitions may require other officials. Organizations and members affiliated with U. S. Soccer are expected to use the diagonal system of control for all competitive matches.
The dual system of control has been examined by FIFA and the IFAB and found wanting.
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 11/9/2009, 11:04 am

More specifically what exactly are the faults that are found with it. I can see the rules being in place for adult or very high level tournaments ( at which you would not be short anyway). At the league level though it would be better than having a parent AR. There are many FIFA rules which are altered for youth play. Why not this one?

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by happyfeet 11/9/2009, 11:20 am

my2cents wrote:More specifically what exactly are the faults that are found with it. I can see the rules being in place for adult or very high level tournaments ( at which you would not be short anyway). At the league level though it would be better than having a parent AR. There are many FIFA rules which are altered for youth play. Why not this one?
Well, this is just "My2cents", but having done both, I can tell you that the coverage at the middle of the field is pretty poor. In order to handle accurate offside calls, the ref needs to be at least close to the 2nd to last defender. This will often mean that play in the midfield is pretty far from both referees. Effectively, what you end up often seeing is missed offside calls when the ref cheats up a bit to get better midfield coverage or poor foul recognition in the midfield when the reerees stay back near the 2nd to last defender. Another issue (more at the high school level) is one less pair of eyes to see the crap that goes on off the ball. Again, just my personal experience.
Finally, it is my understanding that this is a law that FIFA/USSF does not allow to be altered...even if you wanted to do it.
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by twotone 11/9/2009, 9:14 pm

my2cents wrote:More specifically what exactly are the faults that are found with it. I can see the rules being in place for adult or very high level tournaments ( at which you would not be short anyway). At the league level though it would be better than having a parent AR. There are many FIFA rules which are altered for youth play. Why not this one?
I just assumed it was cuz it gave one less referee for the parents to scream at and accuse of losing the game for their team...... NTSSA and dual referees Icon_tongue

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by scref 11/12/2009, 1:48 pm

twotone wrote:
I just assumed it was cuz it gave one less referee for the parents to scream at and accuse of losing the game for their team...... NTSSA and dual referees Icon_tongue

I think you are on to something here.

scref
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down