Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Congratulations Again Soapboxmom Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Congratulations Again Soapboxmom

+5
crazyET
coachdom
chronic_llama
04Soccerdad
Uncleof05AP
9 posters

Go down

Congratulations Again Soapboxmom Empty Congratulations Again Soapboxmom

Post by Uncleof05AP 3/7/2017, 6:17 pm

Soapboxmom, I saw that an Agreed Motion to Dismiss was filed in your case today asking the Court to dismiss your claims with prejudice.  Thus, it seems that your case is finally over.   Congratulations on finalizing the settlement.  We are looking forward to finally learning the terms of the settlement.   I hope justice was served.

Uncleof05AP
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Congratulations Again Soapboxmom Empty Re: Congratulations Again Soapboxmom

Post by 04Soccerdad 3/13/2017, 3:15 pm

Looking at the GSA website, the "evil" David Arciniega is still listed as the President. I guess it was all about the money!

04Soccerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by chronic_llama 3/13/2017, 3:22 pm

Noooooooooo, say it anit so. I thought it was about the kids and us squirrels? Her silence is deafening.

chronic_llama
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by coachdom 3/13/2017, 7:02 pm

04Soccerdad wrote:I guess it was all about the money!

Sure looks like it.
coachdom
coachdom
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by coachdom 4/5/2017, 1:29 pm

Sleep
coachdom
coachdom
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyET 4/5/2017, 1:50 pm

As of today, still no change in the board at GSA--Arciniega is still in control. Not a very good settlement in my opinion since some of her goals were to make him resign and to replace him with a more transparent, accountable leader.

http://www.garlandsoccer.com/page_Directors.php
crazyET
crazyET
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 4/5/2017, 2:24 pm

crazyET wrote:As of today, still no change in the board at GSA--Arciniega is still in control. Not a very good settlement in my opinion since some of her goals were to make him resign and to replace him with a more transparent, accountable leader.

Correction, her goal was to get paid. Goal achieved and she's more than likely moved on to her next target.
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyET 4/5/2017, 2:40 pm

DragonStryker wrote:
crazyET wrote:As of today, still no change in the board at GSA--Arciniega is still in control. Not a very good settlement in my opinion since some of her goals were to make him resign and to replace him with a more transparent, accountable leader.

Correction, her goal was to get paid.  Goal achieved and she's more than likely moved on to her next target.

For what it's worth, I totally agree with you but for months she spouted off nonsense about accountability, transparency, and cleaning up North Texas soccer. It looks like it was all bs. And she has already moved on to her next target (NTPSA) and the lawsuit filed by David Gray. She's offered to help Mr. Gray "anyway (she) can" with his endeavor. She's still posting on that lawsuit and the Jevin scandal on her consumer crusader website (Realscam.com). But, like here, that site has gone dark with respect to Mr. Arciniega and GSA. I'm thinking she didn't fight too hard to keep the settlement terms open.
crazyET
crazyET
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by coachdom 4/6/2017, 8:16 am

Posted on Facebook:

There is the settlement announcement. I only agreed to settle because I would have bankrupted GSA if I had gone forward. I got a good portion of my legal fees and nothing more. I will be meeting with the Garland board to resolve some of the issues in May. Upper levels of soccer are involved and I will update as appropriate on that.

And this...

ANNOUNCEMENT

Heather Dobrott and the Garland Soccer Association and David Arciniega announce that all matters in controversy between them in the lawsuit filed by Dobrott against the Association and Arciniega have been compromised and settled. No payment of damages was made to Dobrott, as that was no the purpose of her lawsuit. Further, Dobrott did not receive full reimbursement of her attorneys' fees incurred in pursuit of her lawsuit. As part of the settlement, a contribution to the Garland Soccer Association Scholarship Fund will be made in Dobrott's name. The parties have agreed in their settlement to confer and discuss the issues raised by Dobrott in the lawsuit and to work together toward a betterment or the Garland Soccer Association and the children it serves.
coachdom
coachdom
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by goal44 5/16/2017, 4:04 pm

coachdom wrote:
As part of the settlement, a contribution to the Garland Soccer Association Scholarship Fund will be made in Dobrott's name.

I am confused, Garland Soccer will make a contribution to itself?
goal44
goal44
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SOCCERGLAMMY 5/29/2017, 5:05 pm

It was never about the money and before you start ridiculing her, maybe you should have asked questions from the thousands of families that have been hurt by that organization.

All but 2 board members were corrupt and have been voted out or quit as of last week thanks to Soapboxmom going out of her way to make sure that the facts were known of the fraud, racism, and corruption at Garland Soccer Association.

Many think of youth sports as being a sanctuary whereas fraud, racism and corruption cannot penetrate, but they often reflect what is actually going on in our society. There seems to be a broad agreement among many parents and Coaches that report this kind of activity as it is increasing at an alarming rate but never dealt with and the accused continue until someone is hurt and usually it is the kids.

All elected Board members are critical to not only the safety of our kids, but the future of our soccer community and they earn the Coaches trust and confidence to not only run in the elections but to continue to hold the position that they have been voted in to perform. Each Board Member should be held accountable to their designated area and successful major milestones one after another. The process of navigating through last-minute changes and requirements, undocumented processes, aging technology, child safety and free from any form of corruption must be addressed and eliminated immediately. Each Board member should successfully execute and solidify their understanding and execution of the bylaws and procedures highlighting opportunities for improvement to the organization and mitigate all risks of corruption, theft, prejudice and discrimination to any and all members relative to any Soccer Association.

The parents, Coaches and players have had enough and each of those individuals were voted out this last week in the election. Now we can rebuild GSA back to the organization that it once was, when it was all about the kids. Hope to see each and every one of you at future elections to participate in eliminating youth sports corruption vs ridiculing someone who did stand up and fight for the kids.

SOCCERGLAMMY
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Soapboxmom 6/2/2017, 11:03 am

http://www.txsoccer.info/t20446-garland-soccer-lawsuit-successful-david-arciniega-ousted

Thanks SG! I will continue to work to help Garland Soccer and am working to get David Arciniega and the corrupt members of the North Texas State Soccer Association board ousted as well.
Soapboxmom
Soapboxmom
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down