Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

00 Plano Labor Day Schedules Posted Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

00 Plano Labor Day Schedules Posted

+25
P1er
THE NEEDLE
omega striker
ontherightside
soccerpapa
SoccerNutz07
The German
kc
R1
afrankw
earbucket
indyfc
Amidoinitrite?
off_the_woodwork
D1#10
cornerkick96
Ibra
warhawk
rvpformvp
Galagtic
Rightback
Middie 07
bubba chop
chasematt
soccer23
29 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

00 Plano Labor Day Schedules Posted Empty 00 Plano Labor Day Schedules Posted

Post by Guest 8/28/2010, 11:13 pm

Bracket 1 Has TFC Wells, Wizards, Bandits and Solar Red. Did they just pull teams from a hat?
In a 12 team gold div. how do you end up with 4 of the top 5 teams in one bracket?

Back to top Go down

00 Plano Labor Day Schedules Posted Empty Re: 00 Plano Labor Day Schedules Posted

Post by soccer23 8/28/2010, 11:48 pm

whatthe wrote:Bracket 1 Has TFC Wells, Wizards, Bandits and Solar Red. Did they just pull teams from a hat?
In a 12 team gold div. how do you end up with 4 of the top 5 teams in one bracket?

good qusetion. Oh wait, I know, your club is sponsoring the tournament and you get to set up the brackets however you want. Doubt there was a hat involved.

soccer23
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

00 Plano Labor Day Schedules Posted Empty Re: 00 Plano Labor Day Schedules Posted

Post by chasematt 8/29/2010, 6:49 am

soccer23 wrote:
whatthe wrote:Bracket 1 Has TFC Wells, Wizards, Bandits and Solar Red. Did they just pull teams from a hat?

good qusetion. Oh wait, I know, your club is sponsoring the tournament and you get to set up the brackets however you want. Doubt there was a hat involved.

Last I checked this was called the Plano Labor Day Tournament because it is sponsored by the Plano Youth Soccer Association not by any club...

chasematt
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

00 Plano Labor Day Schedules Posted Empty PYSA should be ashamed of themselves

Post by bubba chop 8/29/2010, 9:01 am

Really..... did they even look at the Classic League qualifying/rankings. Obviously not. Shame on them for not doing ANY due diligence on the teams.

bubba chop
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Middie 07 8/29/2010, 10:48 am

If those teams are as good as they think they are, then they would have had to play each other in the semi's & finals any way. This way they will get their hard games out of the way, sort out the eventual champion while they are still fresh & cakewalk to the championship. By the way, didn't Solar Red have to come from behind to tie a lower tier team in week 1?
Middie 07
Middie 07
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/29/2010, 10:57 am

Missing the point Middie 07, no one is trying to avoid each other they play each other in classic so no hiding anymore. Name a tournament at any level where teams are not seeded according to play?Tournaments should build towards the best teams playing on Sunday and Monday in this case. If they did that in QT would you say the same?

As far as Solar Red maybe they had a bad day. Tough to be really good every week. I am sure they will beat a few top teams as well, they have talent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rightback 8/29/2010, 11:24 am

Schedule back down now...so we may see something very different when they are reposted.

Rightback
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Middie 07 8/29/2010, 11:47 am

whatthe wrote:Missing the point Middie 07, no one is trying to avoid each other they play each other in classic so no hiding anymore. Name a tournament at any level where teams are not seeded according to play?Tournaments should build towards the best teams playing on Sunday and Monday in this case. If they did that in QT would you say the same?

As far as Solar Red maybe they had a bad day. Tough to be really good every week. I am sure they will beat a few top teams as well, they have talent.

I knew they had pulled the brackets before I posted - just wanted to see reactions. I know most tournaments are (and rightfully should be) set up to spread the talent. That being said, in a 12-team flight, you should expect two of the top 5 teams in each bracket. Who's to say the OK teams aren't as good as well. The tourney directors will need to factor that in as well and one of those teams could be a top 4 team. As for Solar Red, they had a tough time with the same team in QT and had to score late to pull out a win. There's possibly another factor at play here. You'll notice I predicted a tie in that game on another post.
Middie 07
Middie 07
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/29/2010, 12:20 pm

your week one predictions were good middie

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer23 8/30/2010, 12:22 am

Rightback wrote:Schedule back down now...so we may see something very different when they are reposted.

Ummm . . . no. Still the same. And it appears as though, if the gotsoccer site is accurate, there is an '01 team playing in the Gold division--Broken Arrow HFC Arkansas 01. Seriously? Anyone ever heard of this team? Do they have any business in the Gold division. And why is Bracket 1 still the same?

soccer23
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Galagtic 8/30/2010, 7:22 am

Quick question, why would a D1 team play in a Silver bracket? Was it the teams choice or the tournament director who placed them there? Before I understood if you were trying to recruit players before qualifying tournament. But know?!?!
Galagtic
Galagtic
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by rvpformvp 8/30/2010, 8:02 am

looks like there are actually 2 D1 teams in the silver bracket.
rvpformvp
rvpformvp
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by warhawk 8/30/2010, 1:50 pm

Why not pull solar red out and put FC Dallas in the group?
That would make it a real battle?
warhawk
warhawk
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer23 8/30/2010, 4:16 pm

Ok. Who's picking who now that the schedules are posted?

Ok. I'll go first. You guys need some picks to make fun of anyway.

Gold Division

Quarters

TFC v. DFW Tejanos

FCD Premier v. Wizards

FCD East v. Solar

Bandits v. Liverpool

Semis

TFC v. Bandits

FCD v. FCD East

Finals

TFC over FCD Premier 2-1

Silver Division

Quarters

Odyssey v. TFC Blue

Strikers v. Liverpool

Hurst v. FCD

Chivas v. Longview

Semis

Odyssey v. Chivas

Strikers v. FCD

Finals

Odyssey over Strikers 3-2

soccer23
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/30/2010, 4:50 pm

What is funny is when the accepted teams lists came out most peoples predictions for final four were all four of the teams from bracket A, with a few throwing in Premier.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibra 8/30/2010, 6:34 pm

whatthe wrote:What is funny is when the accepted teams lists came out most peoples predictions for final four were all four of the teams from bracket A, with a few throwing in Premier.

Even funnier is that 500 teams entered into a tournament where the directors are not able to correctly seed the teams when you have the CL QT having just finished earlier in the month,which basically gives the seeding for the entire U11 Division.

Ibra
Ibra
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cornerkick96 8/30/2010, 9:07 pm

Relax folks - there is lots of history available for older age groups but those are also seeded equally randomly. This is the way PLD usually works and most coaches know this going into this tournament. They just don't seem to spend much time on researching all the teams and coming up with proper seedings.

In my experience once it gets going it is a well-run tournament, especially given it's size. There are so many games going at once they have to bring in referees from Mexico (or at least they have in the past)- most don't speak much English but in my experience they do a really good job for the most part.

If your team is playing in the tough bracket you should look at it as a good thing if you are playing this as Classic League warmup. If you are just looking to blow teams out and play as many games as possible just sign up in the Silver division next time (you will often see a trophy-hunting D1 team or two in Silver).

Good luck everyone - have fun and have a relaxing weekend enjoying your U-11's (they turn into U-15's VERY fast) Smile
cornerkick96
cornerkick96
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibra 8/30/2010, 9:33 pm

cornerkick96 wrote:Relax folks - there is lots of history available for older age groups but those are also seeded equally randomly. This is the way PLD usually works and most coaches know this going into this tournament. They just don't seem to spend much time on researching all the teams and coming up with proper seedings.

In my experience once it gets going it is a well-run tournament, especially given it's size. There are so many games going at once they have to bring in referees from Mexico (or at least they have in the past)- most don't speak much English but in my experience they do a really good job for the most part.

If your team is playing in the tough bracket you should look at it as a good thing if you are playing this as Classic League warmup. If you are just looking to blow teams out and play as many games as possible just sign up in the Silver division next time (you will often see a trophy-hunting D1 team or two in Silver).

Good luck everyone - have fun and have a relaxing weekend enjoying your U-11's (they turn into U-15's VERY fast) Smile
Will take as much wisdom as anyone wants to give, but if a bracket(Gold) is loaded and your team makes its' way through and then walks through quarters,semis and finals on Sunday and Monday, I would have rather gone to the lake.
Ibra
Ibra
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/30/2010, 9:34 pm

Can't stand it when people get on here and say generic stuff like enjoy the ride and they grow up fast, thanks for the advice. I already enjoy the ride and agree they grow up fast. No one is trying to blow teams out, again just name a competitive tournament in any sport where seedings don't work to build towards best teams playing each other on Sunday and Monday. .

The point being made is that the QT seedings are present everywhere, they were wrong as well, but at least it is closer than the this. Its not about enjoying life, not about you are going to have to play everyone anyway, in Classic you already do. Its about spending the $$$ with the expectation that thought and consideration would go into the schedule. No excuses it should have been done correctly.

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer23 8/30/2010, 10:40 pm

cornerkick96 wrote:Relax folks - there is lots of history available for older age groups but those are also seeded equally randomly. This is the way PLD usually works and most coaches know this going into this tournament. They just don't seem to spend much time on researching all the teams and coming up with proper seedings.

whathe is right. They flat out failed to do their jobs, volunteer or not.

What research was required? The answer, none. Here, I will do the whole thing for you right here. It could have been done in less than 30 min. (I am referring to seeding and grouping-I fully understand that fields, coaching conflicts, refs etc. takes time-maybe not 3 weeks but I can live with it).

Here is the required "research"

1. FC Dallas Premier
2. Dallas Texans (not playing)
3. Wizards
4. Solar Red
5. TFC
6. Solar
7. Andromeda Red (not playing)
8. Bandits
9. FC Dallas East
10. Dallas Texans Red (not playing)
11. Andromeda White (not playing)
12. ASG FC Gold North (not playing)
13. DFW Tejanos
14. Texas Toros
15. Dallasa Tigres Academy (not playing)
16. Liverpool FC Kuyt
17. North Texas Stirkers (playing Silver)
18. Odyssey (playing Silver)
19. TFC White (not playing)
20. Fort Worth Futol (not playing)

So, the brackets should look like this:

Bracket 1
FCD Premier
TFC
DFW Tejanos (swapped with FCD East to avoid two teams from same club in same group)
Liverpool

Bracket 2
Wizards
Solar
FCD East (see above)
Celtic/FC Comets

Bracket 3
Solar Red
Bandits
Texas Toros
FC Comets/Celtic

There. How hard was that?

soccer23
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/30/2010, 10:45 pm

Bada bing bada boom!

That simple!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibra 8/30/2010, 10:48 pm

soccer23 wrote:

whathe is right. They flat out failed to do their jobs, volunteer or not.

What research was required? The answer, none. Here, I will do the whole thing for you right here. It could have been done in less than 30 min. (I am referring to seeding and grouping-I fully understand that fields, coaching conflicts, refs etc. takes time-maybe not 3 weeks but I can live with it).

Here is the required "research"

1. FC Dallas Premier
2. Dallas Texans (not playing)
3. Wizards
4. Solar Red
5. TFC
6. Solar
7. Andromeda Red (not playing)
8. Bandits
9. FC Dallas East
10. Dallas Texans Red (not playing)
11. Andromeda White (not playing)
12. ASG FC Gold North (not playing)
13. DFW Tejanos
14. Texas Toros
15. Dallasa Tigres Academy (not playing)
16. Liverpool FC Kuyt
17. North Texas Stirkers (playing Silver)
18. Odyssey (playing Silver)
19. TFC White (not playing)
20. Fort Worth Futol (not playing)

So, the brackets should look like this:

Bracket 1
FCD Premier
TFC
DFW Tejanos (swapped with FCD East to avoid two teams from same club in same group)
Liverpool

Bracket 2
Wizards
Solar
FCD East (see above)
Celtic/FC Comets

Bracket 3
Solar Red
Bandits
Texas Toros
FC Comets/Celtic

There. How hard was that?
You must be an Astrophysicist or run with the Bulls on Wall Street...Proctologist?
Ibra
Ibra
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by D1#10 8/30/2010, 11:19 pm

final wizards vs bandits (wizards 1-0) fc dallas p. overated
fc dallas east vs tfc (fc d 3-2 tfc ) 4 third place
Question

D1#10
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by off_the_woodwork 8/30/2010, 11:57 pm

whatthe wrote:Can't stand it when people get on here and say generic stuff like enjoy the ride and they grow up fast, thanks for the advice. I already enjoy the ride and agree they grow up fast. No one is trying to blow teams out, again just name a competitive tournament in any sport where seedings don't work to build towards best teams playing each other on Sunday and Monday. .

The point being made is that the QT seedings are present everywhere, they were wrong as well, but at least it is closer than the this. Its not about enjoying life, not about you are going to have to play everyone anyway, in Classic you already do. Its about spending the $$$ with the expectation that thought and consideration would go into the schedule. No excuses it should have been done correctly.

Wait, weren't you and others also complaining about the QT seedings? But now those should be used for seeding tournaments? And all Classic league teams should be seeded higher than all out-of-town teams? What a bunch of whiners.

off_the_woodwork
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer23 8/31/2010, 12:15 am

off_the_woodwork wrote:
whatthe wrote:Can't stand it when people get on here and say generic stuff like enjoy the ride and they grow up fast, thanks for the advice. I already enjoy the ride and agree they grow up fast. No one is trying to blow teams out, again just name a competitive tournament in any sport where seedings don't work to build towards best teams playing each other on Sunday and Monday. .

Wait, weren't you and others also complaining about the QT seedings? But now those should be used for seeding tournaments? And all Classic league teams should be seeded higher than all out-of-town teams? What a bunch of whiners.

The CL seedings may not have been perfect but they are certainly better than NOTHING. Which is apparently what was used. And even if you didn't use the exact seedings as CL it is clear that if they would have given it much thought then this would not be a problem. Like I said earlier it could have been done in less than 30 min. And, with respect to the "out of town" teams, look at their records--Celtic lost to a team that did not qualify for CL (Figo)--and the Comets are an '01 team.

soccer23
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next