Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

00 Plano Labor Day Schedules Posted - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

00 Plano Labor Day Schedules Posted

+25
P1er
THE NEEDLE
omega striker
ontherightside
soccerpapa
SoccerNutz07
The German
kc
R1
afrankw
earbucket
indyfc
Amidoinitrite?
off_the_woodwork
D1#10
cornerkick96
Ibra
warhawk
rvpformvp
Galagtic
Rightback
Middie 07
bubba chop
chasematt
soccer23
29 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

00 Plano Labor Day Schedules Posted - Page 2 Empty Re: 00 Plano Labor Day Schedules Posted

Post by soccer23 8/31/2010, 12:15 am

off_the_woodwork wrote:
whatthe wrote:Can't stand it when people get on here and say generic stuff like enjoy the ride and they grow up fast, thanks for the advice. I already enjoy the ride and agree they grow up fast. No one is trying to blow teams out, again just name a competitive tournament in any sport where seedings don't work to build towards best teams playing each other on Sunday and Monday. .

The point being made is that the QT seedings are present everywhere, they were wrong as well, but at least it is closer than the this. Its not about enjoying life, not about you are going to have to play everyone anyway, in Classic you already do. Its about spending the $$$ with the expectation that thought and consideration would go into the schedule. No excuses it should have been done correctly.

Wait, weren't you and others also complaining about the QT seedings? But now those should be used for seeding tournaments? And all Classic league teams should be seeded higher than all out-of-town teams? What a bunch of whiners.

The CL seedings may not have been perfect but they are certainly better than NOTHING. Which is apparently what was used. And even if you didn't use the exact seedings as CL it is clear that if they would have given it much thought then this would not be a problem. Like I said earlier it could have been done in less than 30 min. And, with respect to the "out of town" teams, look at their records--Celtic lost to a team that did not qualify for CL (Figo)--and the Comets are an '01 team.

soccer23
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

00 Plano Labor Day Schedules Posted - Page 2 Empty Re: 00 Plano Labor Day Schedules Posted

Post by Amidoinitrite? 8/31/2010, 7:48 am

To clarify...Figo's team tied the Celtic team when Figo still had most of his players, Figo's team would most likely qualified for division 1 had it remained in tact. I dunno what the fuss about the brackets are, bracket 1 has top teams, you could argue that some of bracket 2 team are interchangable w bracket 1. I do agree with the WTF regarding the 01 Arkansas team in bracket 3!!

Amidoinitrite?
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibra 8/31/2010, 8:58 am

Amidoinitrite? wrote:To clarify...Figo's team tied the Celtic team when Figo still had most of his players, Figo's team would most likely qualified for division 1 had it remained in tact. I dunno what the fuss about the brackets are, bracket 1 has top teams, you could argue that some of bracket 2 team are interchangable w bracket 1. I do agree with the WTF regarding the 01 Arkansas team in bracket 3!!
How about we just compare Bracket 1 to Bracket 3. FC Spencer top seed in Bracket - agreed. In the last few weeks, Bandits beat Tejanos 5-2. Liverpool tied Tejanos, Liverpoool Lost to Wizards, Liverpool lost to TFC Wells and the Comets are an 01 team. Bandits, Wizards and TFC Wells are all in Bracket #1 along with a very good Andro Red team....got no dog in the fight...anyhow....What happened to FC Figo's players that would have made his team D1?
Ibra
Ibra
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Amidoinitrite? 8/31/2010, 10:06 am

Considering almost his entire roster left his team, and all the ones who left, are now on a d1 team. Only one or two players remained after the team disbanded.

Amidoinitrite?
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer23 8/31/2010, 11:33 am

Amidoinitrite? wrote:Considering almost his entire roster left his team, and all the ones who left, are now on a d1 team. Only one or two players remained after the team disbanded.

None of that is relevant. Maybe the Oklahoma team is better than I gave them credit for. The point is that the brackets are not done correctly. And, from my point of view they appear to be set up for FCD to get one of their two teams to the finals. I read your post chasematt and you can say whatever you want, but that is the impression the organizers have given everyone with the way they set it up. Someone should explain why it was done this way if you (they, PLD or whoever) don't want everyone complaining. As I have said several times, and demonstrated yesterday, it is not astrophysics, the stock market or proctology, it is a sports tournament bracket. They are set up all over the country in all kinds of sports all year long--the NCAA does it for everything from basketball to water polo, there are hundreds if not thousands of youth soccer tournaments every year and there is professional grade software that is specifically designed to do this. It can be done correctly.

Last edited by soccer23 on 9/2/2010, 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total

soccer23
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rvpformvp 8/31/2010, 12:18 pm

Ibra wrote:
soccer23 wrote:
cornerkick96 wrote:Relax folks - there is lots of history available for older age groups but those are also seeded equally randomly. This is the way PLD usually works and most coaches know this going into this tournament. They just don't seem to spend much time on researching all the teams and coming up with proper seedings.

In my experience once it gets going it is a well-run tournament, especially given it's size. There are so many games going at once they have to bring in referees from Mexico (or at least they have in the past)- most don't speak much English but in my experience they do a really good job for the most part.

If your team is playing in the tough bracket you should look at it as a good thing if you are playing this as Classic League warmup. If you are just looking to blow teams out and play as many games as possible just sign up in the Silver division next time (you will often see a trophy-hunting D1 team or two in Silver).

Good luck everyone - have fun and have a relaxing weekend enjoying your U-11's (they turn into U-15's VERY fast) Smile

whathe is right. They flat out failed to do their jobs, volunteer or not.

What research was required? The answer, none. Here, I will do the whole thing for you right here. It could have been done in less than 30 min. (I am referring to seeding and grouping-I fully understand that fields, coaching conflicts, refs etc. takes time-maybe not 3 weeks but I can live with it).

Here is the required "research"

1. FC Dallas Premier
2. Dallas Texans (not playing)
3. Wizards
4. Solar Red
5. TFC
6. Solar
7. Andromeda Red (not playing)
8. Bandits
9. FC Dallas East
10. Dallas Texans Red (not playing)
11. Andromeda White (not playing)
12. ASG FC Gold North (not playing)
13. DFW Tejanos
14. Texas Toros
15. Dallasa Tigres Academy (not playing)
16. Liverpool FC Kuyt
17. North Texas Stirkers (playing Silver)
18. Odyssey (playing Silver)
19. TFC White (not playing)
20. Fort Worth Futol (not playing)

So, the brackets should look like this:

Bracket 1
FCD Premier
TFC
DFW Tejanos (swapped with FCD East to avoid two teams from same club in same group)
Liverpool

Bracket 2
Wizards
Solar
FCD East (see above)
Celtic/FC Comets

Bracket 3
Solar Red
Bandits
Texas Toros
FC Comets/Celtic

There. How hard was that?
You must be an Astrophysicist or run with the Bulls on Wall Street...Proctologist?

I'm curious why they did not keep the top 20 together in the gold division. Seems like they could have found a way to make that happen as well and brought a little more balance to both the gold and silver divisions. I'm guessing the 3 teams playing that are ranked between 11-20 are feeling a bit lonely in gold and the other 2 playing in silver are licking their chops.
rvpformvp
rvpformvp
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by D1#10 8/31/2010, 12:31 pm

stop crying gold bracket means you play against the best teams
all the teams are good if you want to be selective in your bracket go to silver
you might be better off . SOCCER23 No No

D1#10
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by rvpformvp 8/31/2010, 12:44 pm

no beef with the gold bracket. If you are in the top 20 you are playing those teams in classic league play anyway so you might as well get used to it. 2 of the teams just caught a break this time...
rvpformvp
rvpformvp
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer23 8/31/2010, 12:53 pm

[/quote]

I'm curious why they did not keep the top 20 together in the gold division. Seems like they could have found a way to make that happen as well and brought a little more balance to both the gold and silver divisions. I'm guessing the 3 teams playing that are ranked between 11-20 are feeling a bit lonely in gold and the other 2 playing in silver are licking their chops.[/quote]

That decision was, at least in part, made by each individual team/club. When registering for the tournament teams were asked what level of competition they wanted to play against, 1-5 with 5 being the highest. This was part of the registration form. Maybe some of those D1 teams selected 5 (Tejanos, Liverpool and Toros) and maybe some of them selected 3 (NT Strikers and Odyssey), I don't know. But, I do not fault the PLD officials for splitting up the D1 teams because I think that was the team's choice. The issue is really why the Gold Division brackets are so lopsided. Even if you were to throw NT Strikers and Odyssey into the Gold Division and make 14 teams in gold and 12 in silver, that doesn't explain the Gold Division Bracket A.

soccer23
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer23 8/31/2010, 1:05 pm

D1#10 wrote:stop crying gold bracket means you play against the best teams

someone please explain this to D1#10. I can't seem to get thru. go99? indy? whatthe? gababa? anyone?

No one is "selecting" teams in their bracket. That is what the tournament officials are supposed to do. I don't know what you mean. Look at the Silver Division--it seems to be accurately seeded. But, I guess that it would have been ok with you to put Odyssey, NT Strikers, Hurst, FCD, Chivas and Longview all in Group C?

The point is, when you pay money for these tournaments ($575 per team) the seedings should make sense. The Gold Division seedings do not make sense.

soccer23
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rvpformvp 8/31/2010, 1:28 pm

soccer23 wrote:
D1#10 wrote:stop crying gold bracket means you play against the best teams

someone please explain this to D1#10. I can't seem to get thru. go99? indy? whatthe? gababa? anyone?

No one is "selecting" teams in their bracket. That is what the tournament officials are supposed to do. I don't know what you mean. Look at the Silver Division--it seems to be accurately seeded. But, I guess that it would have been ok with you to put Odyssey, NT Strikers, Hurst, FCD, Chivas and Longview all in Group C?

The point is, when you pay money for these tournaments ($575 per team) the seedings should make sense. The Gold Division seedings do not make sense.

At least that would have been consistent. Razz Hard to tell what they were thinking here.
rvpformvp
rvpformvp
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by D1#10 8/31/2010, 9:50 pm

from 1 - 10 what would you rate fc Dallas east (spencer) and dfw tejanos
what are their strengths and weakness 10 being the highest never seen them play.
and that celtic 2000 ? Question

D1#10
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by indyfc 8/31/2010, 11:17 pm

D1#10 wrote:from 1 - 10 what would you rate fc Dallas east (spencer) and dfw tejanos
what are their strengths and weakness 10 being the highest never seen them play.
and that celtic 2000 ? Question

Not sre what you're getting at comparing FCD East to Tejanos. FCD East is further along in their development than Tejanos. Spencer is one of the best coaches I have seen at this age group. His FCD East team has improved season after season consistently. Their possession game is excellent and their attack is very organized. IMO, their biggest weakness is that their defenders can be beaten 1 on 1 by good forwards.

Tejanos is quit a bit behind them in all of these areas.

BTW, I agree with all of the posts saying that Bracket #1 is screwed up, but it has worked out as a rematch of the Kyle Owen Classic where TFC Wells, Bandits and Wizards all played each other.

I know TFC Wells and Bandits are looking forward to this rematch as all their games with Wizards were very close!

This will also settle once and for all if Solar Red belongs in the same tier as these other 3 teams this season.

Good luck to ALL!!
indyfc
indyfc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by D1#10 9/1/2010, 8:16 am

was not comparing just wanted to know about our competition for the tournament
you must be fc dallas parent . I did hear good things about your coach form previous player.
So one on one with the defense thanks cheers

D1#10
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by indyfc 9/1/2010, 8:54 am

D1#10 wrote:was not comparing just wanted to know about our competition for the tournament
you must be fc dallas parent . I did hear good things about your coach form previous player.
So one on one with the defense thanks cheers

So if I'm an FCD parent, you must be a Liverpool parent, right? If so, sorry to say, but the info above won't help you.

indyfc
indyfc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket 9/1/2010, 9:10 am

Three of the four teams from bracket A have a good chance to advance to the quarters and considering the level of play needed for the bracket games they all should be playing at a high level. I for one am looking forward to some good matchups after most of the lopsided qt games. Wizards, Bandits and Wells weren't deeply challenged in qt games, so bring it on.

Indy, I doubt that D1#10 is a liverpool parent since liverpool played tejanos in qt.

earbucket
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by D1#10 9/1/2010, 9:23 am

No not a liver pool parent but you right earbucket finally ready for a high level tournament , and then we have an idea were our teams stand in the classic D1

D1#10
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by afrankw 9/1/2010, 9:34 am

D1#10 wrote:No not a liver pool parent but you right earbucket finally ready for a high level tournament , and then we have an idea were our teams stand in the classic D1

You can tell he is not a Liverpool parent, Liverpool is one word and the L should be a capital letter.
afrankw
afrankw
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by R1 9/1/2010, 10:03 am

Probly from the out of town team from Ark since they just signed up and are asking about teams everyone already knows about.

Edit: or maybe from the Toros since they are asking about the Celtic team too.
R1
R1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer23 9/1/2010, 10:54 am

R1 wrote:Probly from the out of town team from Ark since they just signed up and are asking about teams everyone already knows about.

Edit: or maybe from the Toros since they are asking about the Celtic team too.

Speaking of which . . . nobody ever answered my question from the other day. Who is Broken Arrow HFC Arkansas 01? Anyone ever heard of this team? Do they have any business in the Gold division? Maybe this new guy can answer it. D1#10?

soccer23
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by D1#10 9/1/2010, 12:21 pm

No idea on Broken Arrow Question
prediction
1st bandits
2 Wizards
3 FC Dallas
4 Toros

D1#10
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kc 9/1/2010, 12:37 pm

is red better than orange?

kc
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 9/1/2010, 9:01 pm

earbucket wrote:Three of the four teams from bracket A have a good chance to advance to the quarters and considering the level of play needed for the bracket games they all should be playing at a high level. I for one am looking forward to some good matchups after most of the lopsided qt games. Wizards, Bandits and Wells weren't deeply challenged in qt games, so bring it on.

Indy, I doubt that D1#10 is a liverpool parent since liverpool played tejanos in qt.
They should advance to the QF but think they take the points away from each other and somebody else will play instead on Sunday afternoon.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket 9/2/2010, 9:28 am

The German wrote:
earbucket wrote:Three of the four teams from bracket A have a good chance to advance to the quarters and considering the level of play needed for the bracket games they all should be playing at a high level. I for one am looking forward to some good matchups after most of the lopsided qt games. Wizards, Bandits and Wells weren't deeply challenged in qt games, so bring it on.

They should advance to the QF but think they take the points away from each other and somebody else will play instead on Sunday afternoon.

There is this rule in the tourney rules.

If, in the Quarterfinals or Semifinals (when there are no Quarterfinals), the predetermined pairings result in two opponents from the same bracket, realignment of the pairings will be made by the Tournament Director.

With that rule whoever the wildcard from Bracket 1 will play 1 seed of Bracket 2 rather than from bracket 1. so, i'd go with

Bracket 1-W: Wiz v. WC1: Toros, Liverpool or Okie team

Bracket 2-W: FCD-P v. WC2: TFC-Wells

Bracket 3-W: FCD-E v. Bracket 2-R: Solar

Bracket 1-R: Bandits v. Bracket 3-R: Tejanos

Semis-- Wiz v Bandits and Wells v Solar

Finals--Wells v Bandits with Wells winning it.

In that scenario, 3 of the 4 bracket A teams make the semis.

Last edited by earbucket on 9/2/2010, 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correct semifinal pairings)

earbucket
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by R1 9/2/2010, 11:27 am

OK, I'll give my prediction (looking for the upset here):

Bracket 1-W: Bandits v. Toros

Bracket 2-W: FCD-P v. TFC-Wells

Bracket 3-W: FCD-E v. Bracket 2-R: Solar

Bracket 1-R: Wizards v. Bracket 3-R: Tejanos

Semis-- Bandits v Wiz and TFC v FCD East

Finals-- Bandits v FCD East with FCD East winning it.
R1
R1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerNutz07 9/2/2010, 11:37 am

In my opinion, The Plano Labor Day tournament for the 00 teams are all playing for second place. The top 00 team is playing in the Texans Friendlies. cheers.
SoccerNutz07
SoccerNutz07
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next