Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

TLSC/AYSES split up Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

TLSC/AYSES split up

+24
FlatBack4
Freeatlast
rusty29000
prohibit
Soccernovice
brasswhistle
AllSoccer98
Blitzed
PossessIt
ImInter
R1
soccer_08
TxHunter
MyBigToeHurts
switch
soccer4me
happyfeet
soccermom97b
Yak Attack
homer999
cornerkick96
clueless
OnTheSurface
Ibra
28 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

TLSC/AYSES split up Empty TLSC/AYSES split up

Post by Guest 9/8/2010, 9:18 pm

Just found out today that the clubs are breaking up and going their own ways, that being said my sons coach said the club (Longhorns) is likely going to fire him. Our manager told us that if everyone on the team wants to move with him to another club, we would be able to, but if just one kid does not want to follow him the rest of the team, will have to stay with the Longhorns and they will find a new coach for us. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of situation? We really like this coach, and want to follow him if possible, but are under contract with the Longhorns. He has already been approached by Solar, Andromeda, TFC, and ASG about moving his teams over.

Back to top Go down

TLSC/AYSES split up Empty Re: TLSC/AYSES split up

Post by Ibra 9/8/2010, 9:35 pm

mcc78 wrote:Just found out today that the clubs are breaking up and going their own ways, that being said my sons coach said the club (Longhorns) is likely going to fire him. Our manager told us that if everyone on the team wants to move with him to another club, we would be able to, but if just one kid does not want to follow him the rest of the team, will have to stay with the Longhorns and they will find a new coach for us. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of situation? We really like this coach, and want to follow him if possible, but are under contract with the Longhorns. He has already been approached by Solar, Andromeda, TFC, and ASG about moving his teams over.
This may not be relevant to your issue, but really...Who cares....When the Longhorns recruit a 98B/DIII player away from his team..courted through May and June...futsal and tournaments and then offered no contract, what do you really expect?...the BB, who deserves to play is sitting out and not playing soccer at all....a really gifted boy who should be playing every Saturday...WAY TO GO LONGHORNS...or AYSES or WHATEVER..
Ibra
Ibra
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheSurface 9/8/2010, 9:49 pm

You don't say what age or league this is (Classic, Plano, Arlington) but in the case of Classic, the rule is clear. 75% of the team must leave the club in order for the team to keep the bye. Otherwise the club keeps the bye.

There is also the issue of money. Some amount of money has been paid to the club by the players, and it's very likely that none of it will be returned.
OnTheSurface
OnTheSurface
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 9/8/2010, 9:54 pm

mcc78 wrote:Just found out today that the clubs are breaking up and going their own ways, that being said my sons coach said the club (Longhorns) is likely going to fire him. Our manager told us that if everyone on the team wants to move with him to another club, we would be able to, but if just one kid does not want to follow him the rest of the team, will have to stay with the Longhorns and they will find a new coach for us. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of situation? We really like this coach, and want to follow him if possible, but are under contract with the Longhorns. He has already been approached by Solar, Andromeda, TFC, and ASG about moving his teams over.

Just went through this with my dd's coach. He took a job as DOC with another club, had an academy and select team. The academy team could do whatever they wanted. The select team all had to sign an NTSSA paper stating they are going with the new team. He offered to release anyone at the end of the season if they didn't want to join the new club. Everyone agreed - we all like the coach and they are top teams.

There really is no choice - if you decide to be a hold out - you are alienating your child and harming all the other kids. Who wants to be stuck on a team not knowing anything about the new coach the club would select?

All the clubs mentioned are good clubs IMO - so, I don't really think that would be an issue - just make sure you get a good deal on uniforms and fees as the timing isn't too great from that standpoint.
clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cornerkick96 9/8/2010, 10:36 pm

Wow - didn't the Ayses just finish a nasty divorce from Andromeda only a couple or three years ago? Maybe the Ayses should consider staying single Cool
cornerkick96
cornerkick96
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by homer999 9/8/2010, 11:04 pm

cornerkick96 wrote:Wow - didn't the Ayses just finish a nasty divorce from Andromeda only a couple or three years ago? Maybe the Ayses should consider staying single Cool

Divorces can be so difficult on the kids. Ayses can try just living with another club for a while before actually getting married.
homer999
homer999
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Yak Attack 9/8/2010, 11:16 pm

Ibra wrote:
This may not be relevant to your issue, but really...Who cares....When the Longhorns recruit a 98B/DIII player away from his team..courted through May and June...futsal and tournaments and then offered no contract, what do you really expect?...the BB, who deserves to play is sitting out and not playing soccer at all....a really gifted boy who should be playing every Saturday...WAY TO GO LONGHORNS...or AYSES or WHATEVER..

Okaayyy, and to the point of the post.

Sammy is tough to nail down. He will have his own club, and that is all there is to it!! Laughing

mcc78 you have a simple decision, stay with your team or it will not survive based on the 100% rule that applies to inter-club transfers of teams during the season.

Last edited by Yak Attack on 9/8/2010, 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yak Attack
Yak Attack
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Yak Attack 9/8/2010, 11:29 pm

homer999 wrote:
cornerkick96 wrote:Wow - didn't the Ayses just finish a nasty divorce from Andromeda only a couple or three years ago? Maybe the Ayses should consider staying single Cool

Divorces can be so difficult on the kids. Ayses can try just living with another club for a while before actually getting married.

DQ's all of ya!! Wink

Let the Ayses flag fly high ... again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqJLSuynB9o&feature=related
Yak Attack
Yak Attack
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom97b 9/9/2010, 7:39 am

We moved our team from that club to another in May and were required to have signature from 100% of the players on our team, including the 5 who were no longer playing with us. AFter that, it had to be approved by both PPL and Evelyn at North Texas. It's definitely do-able, just requires some leg work for the manager.

If ya'll just found out yesterday, they did a pretty good job of keeping it quiet over there, because word started getting out a good 3 weeks ago.
soccermom97b
soccermom97b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by happyfeet 9/9/2010, 9:20 am

OnTheSurface wrote:You don't say what age or league this is (Classic, Plano, Arlington) but in the case of Classic, the rule is clear. 75% of the team must leave the club in order for the team to keep the bye. Otherwise the club keeps the bye.

There is also the issue of money. Some amount of money has been paid to the club by the players, and it's very likely that none of it will be returned.

The 75% rule applies to the bye invitation only and is a CL rule. The 100% rule is a NTX rule and this is the one that applies in this case.
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer4me 9/9/2010, 10:45 am

not surprised this happened....the merger was done at the last minute without much forethought. Sammy is a great guy and a wonderful coach. Shame he did not surround himself with coaches of the same caliber. The 98boy coach is all about winning at all costs. Some of the parents are the ones running the team, not the coach. No integrity!

soccer4me
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by switch 9/9/2010, 11:22 am

soccer4me wrote:not surprised this happened....the merger was done at the last minute without much forethought. Sammy is a great guy and a wonderful coach. Shame he did not surround himself with coaches of the same caliber. The 98boy coach is all about winning at all costs. Some of the parents are the ones running the team, not the coach. No integrity!

Isn't there 2 or 3 98B teams at the combined club? It's hard to tell since there is both an AYSES & Longhorns website. Folks mentioned this merger would be challenging when it was announced given the reputation of the Longhorns board members. What is the history with the board members?

switch
switch
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer4me 9/9/2010, 11:25 am

There were 2 98B teams; one of which was an original LH team and the other Ayses. I was refering to the Ayses one.....

soccer4me
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by MyBigToeHurts 9/9/2010, 11:52 am

soccer4me wrote:not surprised this happened....the merger was done at the last minute without much forethought. Sammy is a great guy and a wonderful coach. Shame he did not surround himself with coaches of the same caliber. The 98boy coach is all about winning at all costs. Some of the parents are the ones running the team, not the coach. No integrity!
yes, that coach is not an honorable person. It's too bad that he has been allowed to sully the reputation of the development program Sammy has built over the years. The coach claims to be his own man but his actions are generally directed by his recruiting department (a couple parents who own the team). As for the poor kid that was duped into believing he had a spot...you probably now know you are better off not playing for that coach.
MyBigToeHurts
MyBigToeHurts
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TxHunter 9/9/2010, 3:06 pm

Which coach are you referring too on the 98 Boys - the orange teams coach or the gold teams coach?

TxHunter
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer4me 9/9/2010, 3:09 pm

TxHunter wrote:Which coach are you referring too on the 98 Boys - the orange teams coach or the gold teams coach?

GOLD

soccer4me
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by TxHunter 9/9/2010, 3:23 pm

Interesting - I have not seen that in the coach you are referring. I have seen win at all costs coaches and I would not categorize him as one of those.

TxHunter
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer4me 9/9/2010, 3:37 pm

TxHunter wrote:Interesting - I have not seen that in the coach you are referring. I have seen win at all costs coaches and I would not categorize him as one of those.

Trust me he is - it's all about recruiting players, not developing them. It's fine as long as you state your true intentions not lie about developing players. Sammy should have fired him years ago as he is the antithesis of the club's direction.

soccer4me
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer_08 9/9/2010, 7:39 pm

The coach that the bitter parent is referring to is the most honorable coach and person I have experienced in 14 years. He develops his players to their full potential, he completely cares about them, loves soccer, and he places a higher regard to playing good soccer than winning a game. Isn't it sad when parents let their bitterness creep into their morals and allow them to spread untrue characteristics about a person.

soccer_08
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by R1 9/9/2010, 8:18 pm

soccer_08 wrote:The coach that the bitter parent is referring to is the most honorable coach and person I have experienced in 14 years. He develops his players to their full potential, he completely cares about them, loves soccer, and he places a higher regard to playing good soccer than winning a game. Isn't it sad when parents let their bitterness creep into their morals and allow them to spread untrue characteristics about a person.

Soccer_08 = 98 Gold coach? -- I did notice your only other post with any significant contribution to a topic said: https://txsoccer.forumotion.com/general-soccer-discussion-f2/andromeda-bait-and-switch-t2011.htm

"I would check out Andro's reputation, it is rampant with theft and switching coaches with out notice, and financial trouble and you will get no support from the club. Be very careful if you work for AAC, as is stated that you should on your contract, that money disappears also and again the club does nothing to get it back."
R1
R1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer_08 9/9/2010, 9:34 pm

So everything written is fact with evidence so your point is?

soccer_08
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

TLSC/AYSES split up Empty 1st game of season

Post by soccer_08 9/9/2010, 9:44 pm

oops

Last edited by soccer_08 on 9/10/2010, 4:16 am; edited 1 time in total

soccer_08
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ImInter 9/9/2010, 9:50 pm

oops again...

Last edited by ImInter on 9/10/2010, 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total
ImInter
ImInter
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by R1 9/9/2010, 10:26 pm

soccer_08 wrote:So everything written is fact with evidence so your point is?

Point is your last post said something about bitterness and spreading untrue characteristics about people, yet your only other post is about Andromeda allegedly "theft", etc. Now you say its "fact with evidence"? Just sounds like it might be bitterness over something, and possibly like maybe you are spreading untrue characteristics about people.

Does that make the point more clear?
R1
R1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer_08 9/9/2010, 10:33 pm

No, if you will investigate Andromedas books and reputation you will discover that the mananger from one(that there is proof) of the teams stole money, the person responsible for the American Airlines center kept the payout that American Airlines paid out instead of paying the workers, it is fact, not bitterness. And your post represent??????????

soccer_08
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next