Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Rank the 03's Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Rank the 03's

+9
R1
switch
Number13
THE NEEDLE
SoccerDaddy
Ibra
soccercraze10
my2cents
chicharito
13 posters

Go down

Rank the 03's Empty Rank the 03's

Post by chicharito 9/13/2010, 11:35 am

Ok lets see if we can wake up the 03 forum without anyone bashing. After several seasons and tournaments of play rank em just for fun.
chicharito
chicharito
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Rank the 03's Empty Re: Rank the 03's

Post by my2cents 9/13/2010, 5:00 pm

Nope, not gonna happen. It is easy pickins but anyone who wants to rank 7 yr. olds deserves a good bashing.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccercraze10 9/13/2010, 5:07 pm

Sorry there Chicharito but this is a little too young to rank. Rankings really make sense starting in the U10 division not U7. Good luck.

soccercraze10
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibra 9/13/2010, 8:10 pm

chicharito wrote:Ok lets see if we can wake up the 03 forum without anyone bashing. After several seasons and tournaments of play rank em just for fun.
Several seasons? Are they not only 7 years old at this point in time? At what age did you start them...U2?
Ibra
Ibra
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDaddy 9/13/2010, 9:37 pm

Why is an informal ranking of 7 & 8 year old's so bad?
A lot of these kids play other sports. In baseball, football and basketball, they have wins and losses, playoffs, and some kids make the all star team. The kids in these sports always know where they stand in relation to their competitors. I know my kid loves to look at standings. Kids this age are not stupid. They know if their team is not good and they know when they need to practice harder to improve. You probably shouldn't move from rec soccer to academy soccer if you are worried that your child might get his feelings hurt by losing a game or not being on a top 10 team.
I realize that academy soccer is for development but the other sports are developing their young athletes also.
I know some over protective mothers don't want their children's feelings hurt by being told that they actually lost a game but I just don't really get it. Kids have to learn how to win and lose just like they will experience in the real world.
Am I wrong?

SoccerDaddy
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibra 9/13/2010, 9:56 pm

SoccerDaddy wrote:Why is an informal ranking of 7 & 8 year old's so bad?
A lot of these kids play other sports. In baseball, football and basketball, they have wins and losses, playoffs, and some kids make the all star team. The kids in these sports always know where they stand in relation to their competitors. I know my kid loves to look at standings. Kids this age are not stupid. They know if their team is not good and they know when they need to practice harder to improve. You probably shouldn't move from rec soccer to academy soccer if you are worried that your child might get his feelings hurt by losing a game or not being on a top 10 team.
I realize that academy soccer is for development but the other sports are developing their young athletes also.
I know some over protective mothers don't want their children's feelings hurt by being told that they actually lost a game but I just don't really get it. Kids have to learn how to win and lose just like they will experience in the real world.
Am I wrong?
An informal ranking at these early ages is more about the father's inadequacy in sports (or life) and having his 6 year old exceed where he had previously failed. It is more about the decline of Daddy's testosterone than the first graders ability to use both feet. Yes, kids can figure out if the other team has more goals or points than them, but it is the parent that reinforces to the child this is a “loss” and makes them less of something. Seven year old competitive soccer is an OXYMORON. One more physically adept child makes an Academy team #1. Paying a club/coach to do your job and sitting at Sole Role or Blue Sky to wait for your 5 year old to finish with their coach is ridiculous. What you BB or GG really wants at this age is for Daddy(or Mommy-sorry Ladies) to coach them and their friends to have fun…not to put the pressure of winning or losing on a 7 year old soul…
Ibra
Ibra
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by THE NEEDLE 9/13/2010, 10:29 pm

Ibra wrote:
Am I wrong?
An informal ranking at these early ages is more about the father's inadequacy in sports (or life) and having his 6 year old exceed where he had previously failed. It is more about the decline of Daddy's testosterone than the first graders ability to use both feet. Yes, kids can figure out if the other team has more goals or points than them, but it is the parent that reinforces to the child this is a “loss” and makes them less of something. Seven year old competitive soccer is an OXYMORON. One more physically adept child makes an Academy team #1. Paying a club/coach to do your job and sitting at Sole Role or Blue Sky to wait for your 5 year old to finish with their coach is ridiculous. What you BB or GG really wants at this age is for Daddy(or Mommy-sorry Ladies) to coach them and their friends to have fun…not to put the pressure of winning or losing on a 7 year old soul…

Wise words, but they will fall on many deaf ears. Hopefully, a few will listen.

If you want to make your 5 - 9 year olds better at soccer, go out side and play them in 1 v 1. Get their siblings and the neighbor kids involved choose sides and play. Do this 3-4 times a week, plus get them playing at school recess and your kid will improve. As a bonus it won't cost you any money, you will get some exercise AND it will be FUN and competitive for your kid.

THE NEEDLE
THE NEEDLE
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 9/13/2010, 11:00 pm

Ibra wrote:
Am I wrong?

Awesome, home run, out of the park!!!! cheers

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDaddy 9/14/2010, 12:08 am

I do agree with the fact that coaching your child yourself will be more beneficial than paying someone else to do it.
However, when you say "An informal ranking at these early ages is more about the father's inadequacy in sports (or life) and having his 6 year old exceed where he had previously failed.".......I'm not buying it. For example, if my kid fails a test at school, I want him to understand that he failed so that he can make improvements. If he is ranked last in his class, I want him to know it. If he works hard and is ranked first in his class, of course I am going to proud of him. That doesn't mean the father was inadequate in his life. If the teacher just gives everyone a passing grade (and some do) the kids are being set up for failure in the future. Parents always want their children to have more opportunities than they did....there is nothing wrong with that, it's human nature.
Of course you want your child to have fun in soccer but if it was only about fun they would be in Rec soccer only.
I just don't understand why soccer is different than the other sports. The other sports at this age have wins and losses.....why doesn't American Soccer? I personally have seen young kids playing sandlot soccer in less developed countries and they definitely keep score. They might not be organized by adults but the kids play for pride and learn from winning and losing. Is American soccer the only sport that is worried about hurting kids feelings at this age?
As for your other quote, "it is the parent that reinforces to the child this is a “loss” and makes them less of something"..............I'm not sure what kind of parents you are hanging out with but believe it or not, most parents know how to be constructive and help a child learn from a loss. Sure, you always have a few crazy over the top parents but they are more than likely going to be more critical of their child's individual performance (not the teams rankings or win/loss record)
We are not talking about 5 & 6 year old girls..........these are 7 and 8 year old academy boys. Why is it considered OK to rank 9 year olds but not 7 & 8 year olds? I really just don't get the logic here.
This thinking has obviously carried over to American Idol. All of these teenagers think they are going to be professional singers because no one has ever been honest with them and told them that their singing is horrible. No one wanted them to get their feelings hurt. When Simon finally tells them the truth, they can't handle it and they are in complete denial.

SoccerDaddy
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 9/14/2010, 8:27 am

I could be wrong, but not sure there is any real moral difference between:

(a) getting your superiority fix via pontificating about other's presumed parental shortcomings
(b) getting your superiority fix via goofball subjective confirmation of your '03 team's place in the local hierarchy

But, heck, who am I to judge? Personally, I save my over-the-top concern for rankings that have nothing to do with me for college football...y'know...where its really important.

That said, my son plays on a small team with his friends. My youth soccer view is not that worldly, we play the same 4-5 teams a lot. I could care less who someone thinks is the #1 or #3 group of 2nd-graders, but would be interesting to know the names of the better 03 teams just for the sake of seeking out the correct place to let our kids have some fun games (and, frankly, to learn a few things about coming up short).

But, shrug, no big deal either way.

Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by switch 9/14/2010, 8:39 am

my2cents wrote:
Ibra wrote:
Am I wrong?

Awesome, home run, out of the park!!!! cheers

what a bunch-o-bs! particularly on the armchair psychoanalysis. The 03's are in their first season of SDL, no? Not that even matters. when you play any game you keep score. you did it from the first REC game your kid ever played regardless of the sport. it's as simple as that. we are on here for fun and entertainment. Once this age group hits U11, all the subjectivity and fun of debating team rankings diminishes significantly and there is very little for the parents on here to debate at that point. if Just post the 03 scores each week and let the fun begin.
switch
switch
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by R1 9/14/2010, 8:42 am

Alright, stop the debate, throw out a ranking already. My bb is an 02 so I haven't seen 03's, but I remember a TFC team that played up against us, and they had a kid with long curly hair that was pretty dominating for his age last year. So that's my initial top 5 team - TFC 03 (dunno where they really are, but just thought I'd get it started for ya).
R1
R1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 4D-Record 9/14/2010, 8:46 am

You guys are all such a bunch of drama queens. These kids play on club teams and are more competitive than all of you posters, that's for sure. There are some good teams out there and there's nothing wrong with ranking them, don't care how old they are. We are in the good ole USA and as much as you don't like it, competition is the way of life. You don't like it, move your ass over before it gets run over.

For what it's worth, the top 03 teams are;

Texans - Gall
Solar/Dynamo - Kennington
TFC - Castro
Odyssey - some loud obnoxious guy

Honorable mention - Solar Gold & DTS

Now go play with your kids losers.

4D-Record
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 9/14/2010, 10:29 am

4D-Record wrote:You guys are all such a bunch of drama queens. These kids play on club teams and are more competitive than all of you posters, that's for sure. There are some good teams out there and there's nothing wrong with ranking them, don't care how old they are.
Now go play with your kids losers.

Now, go play with your kids, losers.
Now go play with your kid's losers.
Now go play with your kids' losers.
Come eat Grandpa!
punctuation can save lives.
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by chicharito 9/14/2010, 10:46 am

Mission acomplished, woke up the 03 forum. Jogabonito even started a new topic asking for sdl scores. I was just trying to get some activity going. Maybe asking for rankings wasnt the best way to do it. Other people have tried asking for scores and it didnt work either Rayado was bashed for that. Oh and by the way I agree with 4D those are my top 03 teams.

Odyssey
Solar Dynamo
TFC Castro
DTS
Texans Gall
Solar Gold

Anyone else know of a team being left out?

Not everyone is going to like every forum. If you dont like this one just read it and move on. Or you can take some advise from 4D-record lol! .
chicharito
chicharito
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by striker6 9/14/2010, 1:04 pm

chicharito wrote:Mission acomplished, woke up the 03 forum. Jogabonito even started a new topic asking for sdl scores. I was just trying to get some activity going. Maybe asking for rankings wasnt the best way to do it. Other people have tried asking for scores and it didnt work either Rayado was bashed for that. Oh and by the way I agree with 4D those are my top 03 teams.

Odyssey
Solar Dynamo
TFC Castro
DTS
Texans Gall
Solar Gold

Anyone else know of a team being left out?

Not everyone is going to like every forum. If you dont like this one just read it and move on. Or you can take some advise from 4D-record lol! .

Mansfield has a pretty solid team. They made it to the finals against TFC Castro a couple weeks back in the Prime time tournament.

striker6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer99 9/14/2010, 4:46 pm

Wizards 03, a good solid team, they are playing in primetime
soccer99
soccer99
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down