Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Signing Day - Player Movement Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Signing Day - Player Movement

5 posters

Go down

Signing Day - Player Movement Empty Signing Day - Player Movement

Post by DragonStryker 6/29/2017, 9:33 am

Signing day is almost upon us. Suspect most teams will be rounded out come Saturday and those posting beyond that date that they are looking are either very lacking in a particular position or looking to pad their coach's paycheck.

So who's losing players, gaining players?  What's the scoop??

Heard 3 defections from FCD Red to Solar u12 DA with others retained by offering DP status on the FCD u12 DA squad.

Hearing of 3 defections from DTR (two very meaningful ones) to FCD Red.

AYSES forward supposedly staying at AYSES after guest playing much of the late spring/early summer with Rush.

What else?  Have to be some movement beyond that in the top 20 to 30 teams that'll make a difference come qualifying.
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Signing Day - Player Movement Empty Re: Signing Day - Player Movement

Post by Socceropath 6/29/2017, 11:06 am

I've seen/heard at least 6 of top 10 teams have more players at training than spots available. Reports of FCD Blue/Che players throughout the N Dallas corridor. I don't think either will make D1 at this point. Can't imagine the stress felt by a significant number of families. Predicting quite a bit of movement post July 1.

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TayJ6 6/29/2017, 11:57 am

I think we are pretty set. We might be adding one from another team, but not sure. I don't think we are losing anyone unless I'm surprised on Saturday. Probably sliding a couple kids down a level to get more playing time and keep the bench light, but those kids can CPP back up if needed. I can't imagine what it would be like to not know what you were going to do...to have been practicing with 3 or 4 teams trying to get on somewhere and not really knowing.
Plus, sometimes, there's that kid on your team that you didn't know was practicing with another team and just doesn't show up on signing day!

TayJ6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 07 boys soccer 6/29/2017, 3:04 pm

Interesting to note that most of the player movement has been between the big 3- FCD, DT and Solar- lots of horse trading. Sounds like most of smaller clubs are retaining their players based on the grapevine I have heard and on here. I wonder if the boys at FCD, DT or Solar got a say in where they played or parents egos drove it?

It will be interesting to see how many of the boys making these moves now at the big three are on these top teams two years down the road in DA when all the best players from across the metroplex start showing up the next two years.

07 boys soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TayJ6 6/29/2017, 3:13 pm

If your goal is to play DA for Solar or DT, then it probably does serve you well to go ahead and get there now and become a known player. FCD is another story with less loyalty at the top and more of a value on the present, not that there is anything wrong with that. Their DA does serve a more direct purpose than Solar and DT.

TayJ6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar 07B 6/30/2017, 2:02 pm

If your boy has the tools to play DA, parent interaction and jockeying for position is not needed. He will be able to show up to any DA team and make it. Politics usually show up in the bottom half of the roster

- I say "usually" as there are DA teams that are extremely competitive internally and deep with talent. But most of the time there is a gap between "making DA" and "playing DA".

Its still a long road, the focus should be proper coaching and playtime at this point.

Solar 07B
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TayJ6 6/30/2017, 2:12 pm

I meant more of the player establishing a relationship with the club and coaches that will be handling the DA program...if that is the players goal and the parents are willing to commit.
A lot of the player movement mentioned above was specifically with DA in mind. Several of the players moving with the intention of playing up a year to be a part of the DA program now or being given DP status and start participating in the much more focused 4 day practice week.

TayJ6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath 6/30/2017, 3:10 pm

[quote="Solar 07B"]If your boy has the tools to play DA, parent interaction and jockeying for position is not needed. He will be able to show up to any DA team and make it.  Politics usually show up in the bottom half of the roster
/quote]

Solar 07B
Ironically in your own club the U12 DA selection has been viewed as politically motivated throughout the process. A significant number of very talented BBs were passed up in favor of those that the coach already had a familiarity with. Some that WERE selected from "outside" the coach's circle quit after Iber Cup due to politics.

TayJ
I'm not sure how much of the last minute movement is driven by DA opportunities (realistic or otherwise) vs being unhappy with final makeup of team, cough cough FCD Che, or last minute coaching changes, cough cough, FCD Blue.

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down