Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

00' Boys Player Movement (Who got better) Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

00' Boys Player Movement (Who got better)

+3
00dad
Sunnydad
nteagles87
7 posters

Go down

00' Boys Player Movement (Who got better) Empty 00' Boys Player Movement (Who got better)

Post by nteagles87 7/9/2012, 2:18 pm

Just wondering what teams got better in Classic, PPL and APL. Especially interested in any movement in PPL.

nteagles87
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

00' Boys Player Movement (Who got better) Empty Re: 00' Boys Player Movement (Who got better)

Post by Sunnydad 7/9/2012, 2:24 pm

nteagles87 wrote:Just wondering what teams got better in Classic, PPL and APL. Especially interested in any movement in PPL.

I heard the FC Dallas East Silver picked up a few players.

Sunnydad
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

00' Boys Player Movement (Who got better) Empty Re: 00' Boys Player Movement (Who got better)

Post by 00dad 7/17/2012, 11:49 pm

FCD Suarez picked up a couple....
00dad
00dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket 7/18/2012, 9:28 am

Didn't we all get better? Whether losing a kid to get a better blend or adding a couple for more depth or adding a big-time player, we pay a princely sum for the opportunity for our kids to play.

I go back to Mike Singletary and his quote: "Do you know what my favorite part of the game is? The opportunity to play."

earbucket
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by jimulon6 7/18/2012, 2:20 pm

No all teams did not get better. And if they didn't I doubt anyone would be talking about it here. People are fishing for info.

Personally, I think D2 will be extremely competitive, even more so than last year, when 5 teams had a chance with 2 weeks left.

Our team lost players throughout the season last year, for one reason or another, and we finished with 12 by seasons end. Most who left probably needed to go.

We had well attended tryouts and guest players, signed 4 new kids, and are really pleased with how things turned out. We are gonna need the new talent based on the D2 members this season.

Heard lots of stuff about lots of teams in all 3 divisions. Know some for a fact first hand. But I think it is more fun to find out the old fashioned way--show up and play and see what happens. I just hope our boys are ready.

Should be a very exciting season. Many surprises. I am hoping we are one of them.

jimulon6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rvpformvp 7/18/2012, 9:00 pm

jimulon6 wrote:No all teams did not get better. And if they didn't I doubt anyone would be talking about it here. People are fishing for info.

Jimulon is spot on. How many teams "picked up a few players"? drunken Everyone. That means everyone lost a few players too. Is there one team out there that kept their entire roster and coach in place? Some upgraded and some downgraded. Between players moving to PA, players moving up or down a division, teams moving up or down a division, coaching changes (several of those in various divisions), teams changing clubs, teams folding, new teams from APL/PPL moving up, etc. there is no way to accurately assess all of the changes.

Best way to sort this out will be on the field. Let the games begin! cheers
rvpformvp
rvpformvp
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by merlin 7/18/2012, 11:55 pm

rvpformvp wrote:
jimulon6 wrote:No all teams did not get better. And if they didn't I doubt anyone would be talking about it here. People are fishing for info.

Jimulon is spot on. How many teams "picked up a few players"? drunken Everyone. That means everyone lost a few players too. Is there one team out there that kept their entire roster and coach in place? Some upgraded and some downgraded. Between players moving to PA, players moving up or down a division, teams moving up or down a division, coaching changes (several of those in various divisions), teams changing clubs, teams folding, new teams from APL/PPL moving up, etc. there is no way to accurately assess all of the changes.

Our team was pretty close to that. Out of 17 players that were on the roster last year, 16 are coming back. 10 of the 17 players this year have been together since U10 and 9 have been together since U8.

Good luck to all this season!!
merlin
merlin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rvpformvp 7/27/2012, 11:09 am

merlin wrote:
rvpformvp wrote:

Our team was pretty close to that. Out of 17 players that were on the roster last year, 16 are coming back. 10 of the 17 players this year have been together since U10 and 9 have been together since U8.

Good luck to all this season!!

That is good to hear Merlin and seems to be the exception rather than the norm these days.
rvpformvp
rvpformvp
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down