Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

96 Clash of D2 unbeatens Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

96 Clash of D2 unbeatens

+13
off_the_woodwork
soccerrus2
THE NEEDLE
soccerkraut
quickkick
thruball
djmom
norwich city
my2cents
soccer23
Crochet
soccerdad1
centermiddad
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

96 Clash of D2 unbeatens Empty 96 Clash of D2 unbeatens

Post by centermiddad 10/15/2010, 12:39 pm

SO this Saturday the number 1 and 2 teams in D2 meet, both teams undefeated. Ody making a good climb over the past year or two, Tornados haven't lost a league game since October of 2009. Should be a good one. Anyone want to pick the winner???
centermiddad
centermiddad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

96 Clash of D2 unbeatens Empty Re: 96 Clash of D2 unbeatens

Post by soccerdad1 10/15/2010, 4:27 pm

Odyssey has 1-3 starters out for this game including their #1 forward. I'm sure the tornados have a few bruises also. I think it will end in a tie.
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Crochet 10/15/2010, 5:52 pm

It's D2. Does it really matter?

The important games in this age group were Tuesday night.

Crochet
Crochet
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer23 10/15/2010, 6:12 pm

Crochet wrote:

I don't have a '96 but, yes it matters. Especially to the 150+ boys playing D2 and the 300+ parents watching. Don't be an ass. If don't have something nice to say then just keep you fat mouth shut. There are plenty of good games and lots of good soccer being played in D2 and D3. And, those that finish at the top get promoted.

soccer23
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 10/15/2010, 7:29 pm

Will be a defensive bsttle. Ody has the forward out, the other 2 were dinged but are ready to go. ODY 1-0
Crochet, for dumb comments like that you must pick up your purse and leave.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by norwich city 10/15/2010, 10:05 pm

soccer23 wrote:
Crochet wrote:

I don't have a '96 but, yes it matters. Especially to the 150+ boys playing D2 and the 300+ parents watching. Don't be an ass. If don't have something nice to say then just keep you fat mouth shut. There are plenty of good games and lots of good soccer being played in D2 and D3. And, those that finish at the top get promoted.

Very well said! Thank you!!
norwich city
norwich city
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Crochet 10/16/2010, 9:02 am

soccer23 wrote:
Crochet wrote:

Ahhhh, and you are trolling other age group forums because . . . . .? Bored? Lonely?

I'm just voicing an opinion. Which we are all entitled to have. And while we're on this topic, I also find it interesting that 90% of the posts in this age group involve the non-D1 lower level rec-plus divisions, particularly the Plano league. Anyone paying a club $3000 for their son to play in Plano league is crazy. At that essentially rec soccer level, why not get a group of boys together, get a dad or local college kid to coach them, and just have fun. Save the $3k.

Here's my slant--select soccer is killing rec soccer. The clubs are sucking more and more kids, at younger and younger ages, out of the rec leagues and into their money-making machines. It's bad for soccer. It's bad for the kids.

American capitalism at its finest.
Crochet
Crochet
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 10/16/2010, 9:31 am

Very close, but it is the U10 and under academies, not select, that are killing rec. They do not even realize they are sucking their own foundation right out from under themselves.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad1 10/16/2010, 10:41 am

Gordon Gecko must be affiliated with select soccer somehow.
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by djmom 10/16/2010, 10:54 am

If you look at Plano and Classic there are plenty of independent/small club teams that don't cost any where near $3000, they simple wanted more competition than what rec has to offer. So if D3 is rec plus, plus is D1 rec plus,plus, plus, plus? Have never understood why some think that the only choices are D1 or Rec.

djmom
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad1 10/16/2010, 12:11 pm

Their are several teams in Plano that a good rec team could beat (mostly the bottom ones in Plano D2) and some are probably paying way to much. Parents should do more research before signing a $2000 contract. Their money would be better spent on lessons. But this should be discussed on a different forum-go Odyssey.
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by thruball 10/17/2010, 2:25 am

centermiddad wrote:SO this Saturday the number 1 and 2 teams in D2 meet, both teams undefeated. Ody making a good climb over the past year or two, Tornados haven't lost a league game since October of 2009. Should be a good one. Anyone want to pick the winner???

I have to call a "FOUL" on that statement, because Classic League shows the Tornados having lost 3 games since then, 1 on Oct. 24th, and 1 on Nov. 7th and 8th. It also shows that your team has played 23 CCL games since Oct. 1st 2009, and that you have 3 more TIES than you have WINS.

thruball
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by thruball 10/17/2010, 2:40 am

centermiddad wrote:SO this Saturday the number 1 and 2 teams in D2 meet, both teams undefeated. Ody making a good climb over the past year or two, Tornados haven't lost a league game since October of 2009. Should be a good one. Anyone want to pick the winner???

Odyssey on the other hand, ACTUALLY has not lost a league game since September of 2009. Honestly it goes back to the spring season of 2009 but I did not want to sound boastful like some people on here.

thruball
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by centermiddad 10/17/2010, 12:21 pm

thruball wrote:

Odyssey on the other hand, ACTUALLY has not lost a league game since September of 2009. Honestly it goes back to the spring season of 2009 but I did not want to sound boastful like some people on here.

I was ballparking it there brain boy. Outta town and don't have all the stats at my disposal here. If you say Nov. fine. I never said they didn't have ties. Looks like the streak continues regardless. Sorry to be boastful. Sounds like your really humble. Look forward to meeting again, well not really.
centermiddad
centermiddad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 10/17/2010, 12:29 pm

I do look forward to them meeting again. Was a very good game. Thought the boys stayed very focused and did not let any personal stuff get in the way of good soccer. As always though would have liked to see some cautions by the ref. Don't understand the unwillingness to toss cards in the older age groups.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by quickkick 10/17/2010, 7:32 pm

my2cents wrote:I do look forward to them meeting again. Was a very good game. Thought the boys stayed very focused and did not let any personal stuff get in the way of good soccer. As always though would have liked to see some cautions by the ref. Don't understand the unwillingness to toss cards in the older age groups.

Refs are often more judicious(right or wrong)in issuing cards in this age group and older as the older age groups often in up before the A & D committee due to total card accumulation.

Trust me, not something you want to do as a team.

quickkick
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by norwich city 10/17/2010, 7:47 pm

my2cents wrote:I do look forward to them meeting again. Was a very good game. Thought the boys stayed very focused and did not let any personal stuff get in the way of good soccer. As always though would have liked to see some cautions by the ref. Don't understand the unwillingness to toss cards in the older age groups.

Our age group the 95's gets plenty of cards.
norwich city
norwich city
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerkraut 10/17/2010, 7:52 pm

Crochet wrote:

It matters a hell of a lot to my bb who won Plano II, Plano I, & Classic III to get to Classic II. He has done this while staying with the SAME TEAM.(They are currently leading Classic II). He learned the lesson that if you work hard enough, good things happen. A lot of D1 players got there only by having parents whose egos need to be stroked. They go from club to club, abandoning friends and coaches when things get tough or the team doesn't win enough games. Many kids are plenty good enough to play D1. My bb (along with countless others) could have played for D1 clubs all along but chose to stay with friends while also getting a first class soccer education.

Yes - D2 matters a hell of a lot. Besides, Academy League parents could argue that D1 doesn't matter.

soccerkraut
soccerkraut
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by THE NEEDLE 10/17/2010, 8:06 pm

soccerkraut wrote:
Crochet wrote:

It matters a hell of a lot to my bb who won Plano II, Plano I, & Classic III to get to Classic II. He has done this while staying with the SAME TEAM.(They are currently leading Classic II). He learned the lesson that if you work hard enough, good things happen. A lot of D1 players got there only by having parents whose egos need to be stroked. They go from club to club, abandoning friends and coaches when things get tough or the team doesn't win enough games. Many kids are plenty good enough to play D1. My bb (along with countless others) could have played for D1 clubs all along but chose to stay with friends while also getting a first class soccer education.

Yes - D2 matters a hell of a lot. Besides, Academy League parents could argue that D1 doesn't matter.

They do. And D1 college players argue D2 And D3 colleges don't matter. Pro's argue college doesn't matter. It goes on and on and on....
THE NEEDLE
THE NEEDLE
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by thruball 10/17/2010, 8:12 pm

centermiddad wrote:
thruball wrote:

I was ballparking it there brain boy. Outta town and don't have all the stats at my disposal here. If you say Nov. fine. I never said they didn't have ties. Looks like the streak continues regardless. Sorry to be boastful. Sounds like your really humble. Look forward to meeting again, well not really.

If you are referring to the streak of having more TIES than WINS, then yes, your streak continues. I am pretty humble, thank you.

thruball
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 10/17/2010, 9:07 pm

my2cents wrote:Don't understand the unwillingness to toss cards in the older age groups.

if I began throwing cards around the first 10 minutes, you would be on here whining that the referee determined the outcome of the game.

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 10/18/2010, 10:17 am

The hit on The ODY center back was not a card? Cleats up into a planted leg so hard that it flips the player face first into the dirt and never even came close to the ball. It is a credit to the players that all hell did not break loose when that type of hit is not carded. Yes the offending player showed class and sportmanship in how he handled it, but it is still a card. Intent should not matter.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by off_the_woodwork 10/18/2010, 11:15 am

Crochet wrote:

Important to you maybe, but most of us (especially those reading this D2 thread) could have cared less about the games last Tuesday night. It goes both ways, our games don't matter to you and yours don't matter to us.

If you are referring to "important" in terms of some type of national significance then you're wrong there as well....Classic League has been rendered mostly irrelevant from that perspective by the development academy system. I guess next year if your BB makes an academy team you'll interrupt another thread in a similar manner and let us know.

off_the_woodwork
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 10/18/2010, 7:32 pm

soccerrus2 wrote:
my2cents wrote:Don't understand the unwillingness to toss cards in the older age groups.

if I began throwing cards around the first 10 minutes, you would be on here whining that the referee determined the outcome of the game.

It was a quandry not a whine. For what ever it is worth I thought it was a well called game.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ooops 10/30/2010, 8:29 pm

soccerkraut wrote:
Crochet wrote:
It matters a hell of a lot to my bb who won Plano II, Plano I, & Classic III to get to Classic II. He has done this while staying with the SAME TEAM.(They are currently leading Classic II). He learned the lesson that if you work hard enough, good things happen.

Lucky you to have that great team cheers
If your bb was playing on the team that is not advancing at all while your child is working hard,
would you still play with them or would you try to find team where all players are hard working and dedicated ?

Asking this, because I am in similar situation now...

ooops
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next