Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

to "select" or not to "select" and if select then how? Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

to "select" or not to "select" and if select then how?

+2
soccerboy9
ooops
6 posters

Go down

to "select" or not to "select" and if select then how? Empty to "select" or not to "select" and if select then how?

Post by ooops 10/30/2010, 8:22 pm

I saw these posts in another topic and as it was suggested, moved them to separate topic.

If you look at Plano and Classic there are plenty of independent/small club teams that don't cost any where near $3000, they simple wanted more competition than what rec has
to offer.

Their are several teams in Plano that a good rec team could beat (mostly the bottom ones in Plano D2) and some are probably paying way to much. Parents should do more research before signing a $2000 contract. Their money would be better spent on lessons. But this should be discussed on a different forum.

While I agree that some rec team might be stronger then PPL teams or even weaker Classic teams, but we should consider other factors, i.e. location
How many rec teams are THAT good? I moved my son from rec to select couple of years ago, because it was not challenging enough.

Last summer we attended several teams open practices and the cost was about the same - around $2800 with little differences due to uniform costs, tournaments included,travel expenses etc.

I would really like to know about teams at Classic whose costs are significantly less then mentioned $3000?
How to research to find team worth paying for?

ooops
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

to "select" or not to "select" and if select then how? Empty Re: to "select" or not to "select" and if select then how?

Post by soccerboy9 10/30/2010, 9:02 pm

ooops wrote:I saw these posts in another topic and as it was suggested, moved them to separate topic.

If you look at Plano and Classic there are plenty of independent/small club teams that don't cost any where near $3000, they simple wanted more competition than what rec has
to offer.

Their are several teams in Plano that a good rec team could beat (mostly the bottom ones in Plano D2) and some are probably paying way to much. Parents should do more research before signing a $2000 contract. Their money would be better spent on lessons. But this should be discussed on a different forum.

While I agree that some rec team might be stronger then PPL teams or even weaker Classic teams, but we should consider other factors, i.e. location
How many rec teams are THAT good? I moved my son from rec to select couple of years ago, because it was not challenging enough.

Last summer we attended several teams open practices and the cost was about the same - around $2800 with little differences due to uniform costs, tournaments included,travel expenses etc.

I would really like to know about teams at Classic whose costs are significantly less then mentioned $3000?
MY PARENTS PAY $1165 FOR MY BROTHER AND INCLUDE THE WHOLE SEASON AND 3 TOURNAMENTS UNIFORMS HOME AND AWAY AND THE JACKETS AND OF COURSE GOOD TRANING HE PLAYS CLASSIC DIV.2

soccerboy9
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

to "select" or not to "select" and if select then how? Empty Re: to "select" or not to "select" and if select then how?

Post by ooops 10/30/2010, 9:08 pm

soccerboy9 wrote:
MY PARENTS PAY $1165 FOR MY BROTHER AND INCLUDE THE WHOLE SEASON AND 3 TOURNAMENTS UNIFORMS HOME AND AWAY AND THE JACKETS AND OF COURSE GOOD TRANING HE PLAYS CLASSIC DIV.2

What team?

And where do you play?

ooops
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 10/30/2010, 9:08 pm

ooops wrote:

If your bb wants to play high school varsity he needs to play on a quality club team. I would never pay $2000 to be on a D3/Plano/Arlington for a u14 and up.

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ooops 10/30/2010, 9:15 pm

soccerrus2 wrote:
If your bb wants to play high school varsity he needs to play on a quality club team. I would never pay $2000 to be on a D3/Plano/Arlington for a u14 and up.

What would you do? Make him quit soccer or play rec?

BTW, he is practicing with high school varsity team and has very good chance to play varsity, even though he is freshmen.

ooops
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 10/30/2010, 9:34 pm

ooops wrote:
soccerrus2 wrote:

What would you do? Make him quit soccer or play rec?

BTW, he is practicing with high school varsity team and has very good chance to play varsity, even though he is freshmen.

Obviously if you bb is practicing with your Varsity as a Freshman, he has some skills. Make sure you have a conversation with the Varsity coach in December (once the football players that also play soccer have rejoined the team). If he is at that level, put him on a D1 or d2 team. Don't waste ur time otherwise. If he isn't committed and not getting significant playing time in school, by all means put him back in rec/indoor to have fun.

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerboy9 10/30/2010, 9:45 pm

ooops wrote:
soccerboy9 wrote:

What team?

And where do you play?
TIGRES 97B GOLD, HE PLAYS CLASSIC LEAGUE DIV2 AT RICHLAND COLLEGE AND PIZZA HUT

soccerboy9
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ooops 10/30/2010, 11:31 pm

soccerboy9 wrote:

TOO BAD that this topic is about 96 Boys not 97.
Even if TIGRES Academy costs 1200, they don;'t have 96 B team, do they?

ooops
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Yak Attack 10/31/2010, 12:05 am

ooops wrote:I saw these posts in another topic and as it was suggested, moved them to separate topic.

Which is reason enough to pay/play with a club. You do have options, but they are not always so easy to choose from. I'm not aware of any independent teams in our area making a run at classic so for us you either form your own independent PPL/APL team, play in the local rec association, or play club.

We've tried all 3 with my youngest and I can tell you just paying the fee is the easiest by far. But then again I was the coach and or manager in both of the other options and that was a total whipping. It takes much effort to keep a solid independent team together.

Yak Attack
Yak Attack
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 10/31/2010, 8:05 am

soccerboy9 wrote:
ooops wrote:
soccerboy9 wrote:

What team?

And where do you play?
and is coached by Danny Alvarez/Rene Garcia now i don't know garcia but I do know Alvarez and he is a great coach who actually gives a crap whether or not the kids he trains learn something or not! when he was with Boca jr's he had one of the top 97's and then a greatn 98' squad that he lost when he went to FCD that 98' team all went with Real Madrid which is still in D1,now FCD picked Dannys team apart and left him with a shell of his former D1 team but look at what hes done with players he picked up since being with Tigres and the few loyal players he had left the are one of the top D2 teams that could make it back in D1 !!!! now if you want a coach that will give you your moneys worth take them to tigres(cause thats where he coaches) and even if he doesn't have a 96' team they will get him one to coach and watch what he can do! cheers

now i'm not affiliated with Tigres nor does my BB play for them he is with the Texans but he was coached by Alvarez years ago and to this day he uses techniques that he taught him! Cool
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by FlatBack4 10/31/2010, 4:09 pm

ooops wrote:
soccerboy9 wrote:

TOO BAD that this topic is about 96 Boys not 97.

They could probably round up a group 96s. They could easily pick up some small 93s or 94s to play a 96s. That wouldn't be unusual from them, now would it?
FlatBack4
FlatBack4
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ooops 10/31/2010, 4:50 pm

FlatBack4 wrote:
ooops wrote:TOO BAD that this topic is about 96 Boys not 97.
They could probably round up a group 96s. They could easily pick up some small 93s or 94s to play a 96s. That wouldn't be unusual from them, now would it?
Care to elaborate (about 93/94s)?
I am not really familiar with "behind the scene" news.

ooops
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down