Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Chelsea-Club America Game Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Chelsea-Club America Game

+9
TheFarPost
FlatBack4
happyfeet
socmom3
swindler
Its Me
soccerrus2
tatertot31
arsenalfan
13 posters

Go down

Chelsea-Club America Game Empty Chelsea-Club America Game

Post by arsenalfan 7/27/2009, 8:36 am

Was anyone else upset that they spent a fortune to see the big stars of Chelsea last night and they all sat out. They played in other citied, why not Dallas?
I know this was only an exhibition but I think that is why at least 1/2 of the 58k people there bought their tickets to see.

A blunder for Chelsea management.

arsenalfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Chelsea-Club America Game Empty Re: Chelsea-Club America Game

Post by tatertot31 7/27/2009, 8:40 am

YES! We went through NTXSoccer for tickets and got great seats, just to see mostly 2nd stringers. But--It was still a good game and what an AMAZING stadium! Those screens are amazing!!!

tatertot31
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 7/27/2009, 10:37 am

arsenalfan wrote:Was anyone else upset that they spent a fortune to see the big stars of Chelsea last night and they all sat out. They played in other citied, why not Dallas?
I know this was only an exhibition but I think that is why at least 1/2 of the 58k people there bought their tickets to see.

A blunder for Chelsea management.
Exactly why I stayed home! What a day to watch soccer with the US v Mexico and then the two WFC matches.

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Me 7/27/2009, 11:25 am

I thought we would get to see the starters the last 5 minutes but No Drogba.
However, stadium was Extremely nice. We had excellent seats on the second level next to the club house but found myself look at the Big screen more than the actual game. HD baby!!!!! That's what I'm talking about.

52,000 people not bad for soccer for the metroplex. I know 82,000 last week was better. I really wish Pizza Hut park was more centrally located.
Its Me
Its Me
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by arsenalfan 7/27/2009, 12:20 pm

Its Me wrote:I thought we would get to see the starters the last 5 minutes but No Drogba.
However, stadium was Extremely nice. We had excellent seats on the second level next to the club house but found myself look at the Big screen more than the actual game. HD baby!!!!! That's what I'm talking about.

52,000 people not bad for soccer for the metroplex. I know 82,000 last week was better. I really wish Pizza Hut park was more centrally located.
And air conditioned! Awesome watching a game on natural grass withouth the sun beating you in the fac like at Pizza Hut Park.

arsenalfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by swindler 7/27/2009, 12:53 pm

arsenalfan wrote:And air conditioned! Awesome watching a game on natural grass without the sun beating you in the face like at Pizza Hut Park.
Did they really have natural grass for the WFC game? That's hard to imagine as they had artificial turf for the Gold Cup matches the week earlier.
swindler
swindler
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by arsenalfan 7/27/2009, 1:05 pm

swindler wrote:
arsenalfan wrote:And air conditioned! Awesome watching a game on natural grass without the sun beating you in the face like at Pizza Hut Park.
Did they really have natural grass for the WFC game? That's hard to imagine as they had artificial turf for the Gold Cup matches the week earlier.

Yes. They got it just a few days ago. Did not look great yet but it will.

arsenalfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by socmom3 7/27/2009, 1:09 pm

arsenalfan wrote:
swindler wrote:

Here's the video...

http://www.clipsyndicate.com/video/play/1033077
socmom3
socmom3
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by happyfeet 7/27/2009, 6:16 pm

arsenalfan wrote:
swindler wrote:

Actually, they are going to pull it up. It was put down for that game only.
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FlatBack4 7/27/2009, 6:23 pm

arsenalfan wrote:
Its Me wrote:I thought we would get to see the starters the last 5 minutes but No Drogba.

And air conditioned! Awesome watching a game on natural grass withouth the sun beating you in the fac like at Pizza Hut Park.
That's the difference between 20 miillion and 1 billion.
FlatBack4
FlatBack4
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by swindler 7/27/2009, 7:33 pm

happyfeet wrote:Actually, they are going to pull it up. It was put down for that game only.
I'm going to have family visiting in the fall. So where is this place that I can go and rent grass for the weekend? I want my lawn to look nice so it looks like I actually take care of it.
swindler
swindler
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFarPost 7/28/2009, 10:33 am

Imagine that 132,000 people for 2 soccer games.
Thats got to get the attention of the dallas sports world. Jerry is probably thinking we can make more money in soccer than the Cowboys.
Now if we could just get a good product and not have to drive to Frisco to see it.
TheFarPost
TheFarPost
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Todd76123 7/29/2009, 2:28 pm

We watched the game while the storm raged outside. Thunderclaps and lightning. Imagine sitting in PHP as that mess blew in!
Todd76123
Todd76123
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by socmom3 7/29/2009, 2:30 pm

Todd76123 wrote:We watched the game while the storm raged outside. Thunderclaps and lightning. Imagine sitting in PHP as that mess blew in!

Don't have to imagine what it's like at PHP during a storm...I was there for the first Kenny Chesney concert...Sitting in the new Cowboys stadium during a thunderstorm was WAY better! Cool
socmom3
socmom3
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BigAl 7/29/2009, 3:06 pm

The game was awesome. The stadium was awesome. It was a great day for soccer. What Chelsea star didnt play other than Drogba?
BigAl
BigAl
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Slakemoth 7/29/2009, 5:06 pm

Chelsea left a good chunk of their starters on the bench.... but I agree, great game, awesome stadium... wonderful night of soccer..

Big Chelsea players that did not play:

Petr Cech - Starting keeper
John Terry - Team captain and starting center back
Jose Bosingwa - starting outside defense
Branislav Ivanovich and Ashley Cole - starting outside defenders that came on midway through second half.. first goal scored from play beginning with Cole
Frank Lampard - Starting Midfield
John Mikel Obi - Starting Mid
Michael Ballack - Starting Mid - broke toe in AC Milan game
Nicholas Anelka - Starting forward
Didier Drogba - Starting Forward

We are huge Chelsea fans and loved seeing the team play.... while we missed the above players it was very cool seeing Alex, Malouda, Deco, Essien, DiSanto etc play.....

We ended up seeing almost all of the Chelsea players and getting autographs by the locker room after the game.. all were very cool, very friendly, and seemd very happy with the evening..

I know Club America was missing many starters too, ( they were busy beating the daylights out of team USA)..
Slakemoth
Slakemoth
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cityslicker61 7/31/2009, 1:19 am

I think most are missing the point is that most of the starting players played on Friday evening and unlike what happens with the youth here, the club did not want to risk injuring the players with only 1 days rest (and travel) between games. Of course we dont care that our youth players have to play 3 games in a days but thats for another time and place
cityslicker61
cityslicker61
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by arsenalfan 7/31/2009, 5:51 am

cityslicker61 wrote:I think most are missing the point is that most of the starting players played on Friday evening and unlike what happens with the youth here, the club did not want to risk injuring the players with only 1 days rest (and travel) between games. Of course we dont care that our youth players have to play 3 games in a days but thats for another time and place
While the health and well being of our children is a concern, the well being of an adult professional soccer player that we pay big money to see is not our concern. They advertised the top stas playing with billboards and advertisements of John Terry and Frank Lampard and they did not deliver.
Was not our fault that the games were scheduled so closely together.
These guys play up to 100 games for their club and national teams. They could not have squeezed in one more exhibition game? Even if they got out on the field, played half hearted and left at half time. My kids would ahve been able to say they saw them play.

arsenalfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 7/31/2009, 8:14 am

[quote="arsenalfan"]
cityslicker61 wrote:While the health and well being of our children is a concern, the well being of an adult professional soccer player that we pay big money to see is not our concern. They advertised the top stas playing with billboards and advertisements of John Terry and Frank Lampard and they did not deliver.
These guys play up to 100 games for their club and national teams. They could not have squeezed in one more exhibition game? Even if they got out on the field, played half hearted and left at half time. My kids would ahve been able to say they saw them play.
Come on your a gooner fan! Why do you care! Laughing

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by arsenalfan 7/31/2009, 8:25 am

[quote="soccerrus2"]
arsenalfan wrote:
cityslicker61 wrote:While the health and well being of our children is a concern, the well being of an adult professional soccer player that we pay big money to see is not our concern. They advertised the top stas playing with billboards and advertisements of John Terry and Frank Lampard and they did not deliver.
Come on your a gooner fan! Why do you care! Laughing

True but my kids are Blues fans

arsenalfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down