Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Playoff turnout Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Playoff turnout

+8
finish1
clueless
plantit
indyfc
afrankw
mrclean
Rock
Freeatlast
12 posters

Go down

Playoff turnout Empty Playoff turnout

Post by Freeatlast 11/3/2010, 7:48 pm

Kinda disappointing that the locals didn't fill Pizza Hut for that MLS playoff game. Crying or Very sad Where was everybody? If the fans aren't really out there, this sport stays where it is in the USofA.

It was an entertaining match on the whole; hope FCD can keep it going! cheers

Freeatlast
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Playoff turnout Empty Re: Playoff turnout

Post by Rock 11/3/2010, 7:58 pm

Freeatlast wrote:Kinda disappointing that the locals didn't fill Pizza Hut for that MLS playoff game. Crying or Very sad Where was everybody? If the fans aren't really out there, this sport stays where it is in the USofA.

It was an entertaining match on the whole; hope FCD can keep it going! cheers

Kind of disappointing that MLS scheduled it in the afternoon. I know a lot of kids and parents that could not make it because the kids were playing their games. My son's game started at 4p and my daughter's at 4:30p.
Could have made it to a 7p game.

Rock
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeatlast 11/3/2010, 8:03 pm

It did seem like an odd start time; anyone know how that came about? Did FCD have any say in that or does that just come from the league office?

Freeatlast
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Rock 11/3/2010, 8:11 pm

Freeatlast wrote:It did seem like an odd start time; anyone know how that came about? Did FCD have any say in that or does that just come from the league office?

tv slot I presume

Rock
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrclean 11/3/2010, 8:38 pm

I purchased five tickets and then they set the time when my son had a game. Since FC Dallas was still selling half price ticket, I didn't really see the need in trying to sell my tickets.
mrclean
mrclean
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rock 11/3/2010, 8:54 pm

mrclean wrote:I purchased five tickets and then they set the time when my son had a game. Since FC Dallas was still selling half price ticket, I didn't really see the need in trying to sell my tickets.

I gave our 4 tickets away so at least the seats were filled.

Rock
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by afrankw 11/3/2010, 9:34 pm

Is there a reason that the MLS is not on the same soccer calendar as the rest of the world? Would they not have a better chance if they were at the end of the season in the spring and only going up against baseball. This game Saturday had no chance with the World Series game, College Football as well as youth soccer. Also, why not just have one conference or table like the other leagues around the world. As it is now, only two teams are from the east are in and six from the west, so why the two conferences.
afrankw
afrankw
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeatlast 11/3/2010, 9:45 pm

afrankw wrote:Is there a reason that the MLS is not on the same soccer calendar as the rest of the world? Would they not have a better chance if they were at the end of the season in the spring and only going up against baseball. This game Saturday had no chance with the World Series game, College Football as well as youth soccer. Also, why not just have one conference or table like the other leagues around the world. As it is now, only two teams are from the east are in and six from the west, so why the two conferences.

That WAS brutal sports competition that Saturday; maybe Friday night would have been better.

Freeatlast
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by indyfc 11/4/2010, 10:56 am

Freeatlast wrote:
afrankw wrote:Is there a reason that the MLS is not on the same soccer calendar as the rest of the world? Would they not have a better chance if they were at the end of the season in the spring and only going up against baseball. This game Saturday had no chance with the World Series game, College Football as well as youth soccer. Also, why not just have one conference or table like the other leagues around the world. As it is now, only two teams are from the east are in and six from the west, so why the two conferences.

That WAS brutal sports competition that Saturday; maybe Friday night would have been better.

Moving it to Friday night would have not made a difference, especially if you have a 7PM start time.

Why are you guys so surprised? It has been the same story since they moved the team to Frisco.

Face it, there aren't enough people to support the team without the hispanic community and that community does not travel to Frisco.

The team also does not have a "superstar" to latch on to.
indyfc
indyfc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 11/4/2010, 11:32 am

indyfc wrote:
Freeatlast wrote:

Moving it to Friday night would have not made a difference, especially if you have a 7PM start time.

Why are you guys so surprised? It has been the same story since they moved the team to Frisco.

Face it, there aren't enough people to support the team without the hispanic community and that community does not travel to Frisco.

I didn't see the burn . Was their turnout @ fairpark good? How does it compare?
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by afrankw 11/4/2010, 11:54 am

indyfc wrote:
Freeatlast wrote:

Never said I was surprised, just wondering the logic of the timing of the season. Why would you have the best part of your season competing with the NFL, College Football. The rest of the world is on one calendar and the MLS is on it's own. Not saying that changing would increase attendance, however if the payoffs were in May and June they would have a better chance.

afrankw
afrankw
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 11/4/2010, 3:11 pm

afrankw wrote:
indyfc wrote:
Freeatlast wrote:

Never said I was surprised, just wondering the logic of the timing of the season. Why would you have the best part of your season competing with the NFL, College Football. The rest of the world is on one calendar and the MLS is on it's own. Not saying that changing would increase attendance, however if the payoffs were in May and June they would have a better chance.

Isn't Dennis Rodman a free agent?
clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 11/5/2010, 8:27 am

Our attendance average for 2010 is well below MLS league average (10k vs 16k) and our average this year is down from 12k last year. I agree the stadium is in a less-than-convenient location for a lot of fans.

For those who did came out to watch and cheer for their home team this season, and for the loyal who were there last Saturday, the 2010 season brought really good soccer to NTX. Better, yet, we are 3 games away from the MLS Final! What's not to love about that!
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Yak Attack 11/9/2010, 12:17 am

[quote="plantit

I didn't see the burn . Was their turnout @ fairpark good? How does it compare?[/quote]

Dude, where were you! Cotton Bowl was THE place to see soccer.

Well it was a fun venue, but I enjoy the layout at PH much better. The location is too remote, which is to the point. Not sure about Cotton Bowl attendance, but it always had a consistent HsPanic pop.

Wait, I did find this:

========================================

1997 MLS
Team Attendance Totals
Club Games Season Total Game Average
New England Revolution 16 342,762 21,423
Los Angeles Galaxy 16 330,015 20,626
NY/NJ MetroStars 16 270,388 16,899
D.C. United 16 267,171 16,698
Columbus Crew 16 240,680 15,043
San Jose Clash 16 217,546 13,597
Colorado Rapids 16 189,355 11,835
Tampa Bay Mutiny 16 181,322 11,333
Dallas Burn 16 154,845 9,678
Kansas City Wizards 16 144,935 9,058
OVERALL 160 2,339,019 14,619

===============================================

Based on the following, <10k average per game was not too good. Just shows we also sucked then in terms of league average for attendance...
Yak Attack
Yak Attack
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 11/10/2010, 6:55 am

Yak Attack wrote:[quote="plantit

I didn't see the burn . Was their turnout @ fairpark good? How does it compare?

Dude, where were you! Cotton Bowl was THE place to see soccer.

Well it was a fun venue, but I enjoy the layout at PH much better. The location is too remote, which is to the point. Not sure about Cotton Bowl attendance, but it always had a consistent HsPanic pop.

Wait, I did find this:

========================================

1997 MLS
Team Attendance Totals
Club Games Season Total Game Average
New England Revolution 16 342,762 21,423
Los Angeles Galaxy 16 330,015 20,626
NY/NJ MetroStars 16 270,388 16,899
D.C. United 16 267,171 16,698
Columbus Crew 16 240,680 15,043
San Jose Clash 16 217,546 13,597
Colorado Rapids 16 189,355 11,835
Tampa Bay Mutiny 16 181,322 11,333
Dallas Burn 16 154,845 9,678
Kansas City Wizards 16 144,935 9,058
OVERALL 160 2,339,019 14,619

===============================================

Based on the following, <10k average per game was not too good. Just shows we also sucked then in terms of league average for attendance...
[/quote]

Never should have left the Cotton Bowl. I hear they could have it for really cheap now that everyone has moved away!

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 11/10/2010, 7:47 am

Never liked going to the Cotton Bowl. The kids were really young and we would ALWAYS get approached by really shady looking characters asking for hand outs outside the stadium. Sometimes they would be very aggressive and there was never any security around.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Yak Attack 11/12/2010, 8:00 pm

my2cents wrote:Never liked going to the Cotton Bowl. The kids were really young and we would ALWAYS get approached by really shady looking characters asking for hand outs outside the stadium. Sometimes they would be very aggressive and there was never any security around.

Dude, not sure where you parked but the rest of were in the paid parking lot. No shady, i.e. homeless characters, there. Wink

Yak Attack
Yak Attack
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rantnrave 11/13/2010, 8:27 am

my2cents wrote:Never liked going to the Cotton Bowl. The kids were really young and we would ALWAYS get approached by really shady looking characters asking for hand outs outside the stadium. Sometimes they would be very aggressive and there was never any security around.

That was me, I was down on my luck at the time. Now I know how you got your name; you handed me 2 cents.

rantnrave
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 11/13/2010, 7:07 pm

Thats all I had. That's why I was'nt in the paid parking. Very Happy

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down