Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Dallas Texans - Ghana Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Dallas Texans - Ghana

+9
Armadillo
plantit
WRG
drsoccer
soccerrus2
omega striker
my2cents
off_the_woodwork
THE NEEDLE
13 posters

Go down

Dallas Texans - Ghana Empty Dallas Texans - Ghana

Post by THE NEEDLE 11/27/2010, 8:59 pm

We are proud to announce the Dallas Texans Football Academy in Ghana, Africa
_______

Africa is known for being a land of promise and producing world class footballers. We are excited to enter into an affiliation with Map Sports Management and Powerhouse Sporting Club in Accra, Ghana.

“The Dallas Texans Football Academy will promote education and provide our Ghanaian players the opportunity to play with the Texans teams of their choice in all divisions to showcase their talent for the chance to play at the professional level as well as in college. This will also give our teams the opportunity to play with the talented Ghanaian players in various competitions. This partnership is a win/win for all players”, said Hassan Nazari.

------------------------

Looks like the Texans have a new talent pool for guest players.
THE NEEDLE
THE NEEDLE
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Dallas Texans - Ghana Empty Re: Dallas Texans - Ghana

Post by Guest 11/27/2010, 9:16 pm

HN=the Steinbrenner of youth soccer

Back to top Go down

Post by off_the_woodwork 11/28/2010, 8:16 am

How will the Ghanians be able to afford the $3000 / year fees?

off_the_woodwork
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by THE NEEDLE 11/28/2010, 11:04 am

off_the_woodwork wrote:How will the Ghanians be able to afford the $3000 / year fees?

More like your Texan fees will be going up to pay for the Ghanians airfare over to guest play in Dallas Cup.
THE NEEDLE
THE NEEDLE
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 11/28/2010, 5:35 pm

Maybe they will introduce Ghana to the NTX way. Kids of the upper middle class or wealthy get to go , unless of course your a stud. Everyone else is SOL.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by off_the_woodwork 11/28/2010, 9:39 pm

my2cents wrote:Maybe they will introduce Ghana to the NTX way. Kids of the upper middle class or wealthy get to go , unless of course your a stud. Everyone else is SOL.

Yes, Ghana families will be lured into starting "skills" sessions for their kids at the age of 3, very reasonably priced of course. Through this a competitive spirit will be instilled in the parents such that their kids "must" be on the best team by the age of 7. Then comes pre-academy, academy, and then finally select (expenses increasing by the year). There will be required fund-raisers and pressure to keep their kids out of other sports and away from other coaches/clubs. Texans Ghana division will form directional teams who will then hold required tournaments where they get to play against each other and nobody else (while paying same fees as a "normal" tournament).

Is the USSF involved in this little scheme somehow? This must be some type of retribution to Ghana for beating the US in last two world cups...

off_the_woodwork
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 11/29/2010, 7:16 am

off_the_woodwork wrote:
my2cents wrote:Maybe they will introduce Ghana to the NTX way. Kids of the upper middle class or wealthy get to go , unless of course your a stud. Everyone else is SOL.

Yes, Ghana families will be lured into starting "skills" sessions for their kids at the age of 3, very reasonably priced of course. Through this a competitive spirit will be instilled in the parents such that their kids "must" be on the best team by the age of 7. Then comes pre-academy, academy, and then finally select (expenses increasing by the year). There will be required fund-raisers and pressure to keep their kids out of other sports and away from other coaches/clubs. Texans Ghana division will form directional teams who will then hold required tournaments where they get to play against each other and nobody else (while paying same fees as a "normal" tournament).

Is the USSF involved in this little scheme somehow? This must be some type of retribution to Ghana for beating the US in last two world cups...
LOL well said! lol!
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 11/29/2010, 9:27 am

What are you worrying about? An influx of U14 playing in U11...oops we already had that.

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by drsoccer 11/29/2010, 11:07 am

Here's whats going on. The Txn club has created a pipeline for Ghana players to play in US colleges and a $ pipeline for the Txn club(HN) to sign and represent young pro players from ghana. Txns will be coordinating a training facility in ghana. There will be little or no cost to the players. The best will sign with the Txns mgt (HN), others will be sent to D1 colleges in the US. It has no benefits for US based players other than more foreign players looking to play in US colleges. Now for the spin.... you're son will get to play and train alongside some future college and pro players, if you can afford a trip to ghana or you will agreet to sponsor and house a kid from ghana so he can take your son's place on your team...

drsoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by WRG 11/29/2010, 11:56 am

That is some funny stuff right there. Pay for us to bring over some kids that will take your kids place. I wonder if the parents of the kids on these teams see it this way.

WRG
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 11/29/2010, 11:38 pm

Just 1 more fine example of HN truly fostering the growth and developement of soccer . Wonder where his mind is at for all those currently paying his bills? Oh! Africa thats where ,, and lets add Canada , Houston, Florida, Austin, West Texas, Manchester, Nike head quarters. Sure I missed a few more irons in the fire. Boy , I bet you'all feel like your getting a real hands on guy who really cares about your kid, for your money.

"OH,Belvedear,, can you please fuel the jet. I need to make a stop in the Caymens On my way to Ghana" Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadillo 11/29/2010, 11:59 pm

I still chuckle over the Oklahoma Texans. Those two names just dont go together in sports! Very Happy
Armadillo
Armadillo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 11/30/2010, 12:18 am

Armadillo wrote:I still chuckle over the Oklahoma Texans. Those two names just dont go together in sports! Very Happy

I wonder when the masses will say enough is enough. Maybe the North Korean texans ?? I kinda think the Taleban Texans has a nice ring to it. It's becoming comical to feed this monster called " Club Soccer"...
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by turf-a-lot 11/30/2010, 10:42 am

Dallas Texans - Ghana Fundra10
turf-a-lot
turf-a-lot
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 11/30/2010, 11:12 am

turf-a-lot wrote:.
Dallas Texans - Ghana Fundra10

Don't know where you found that, but it's funny.
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by drsoccer 11/30/2010, 4:01 pm

My post was unfortunately facutal and this has been in the pipeline for almost a year. This is a big step for the kids in ghana who want exposure to the us college system, ghana players with pro potential, and their chief agent HN. This has always been the thing holding back NTX player development. It's why the Txns/Solar/Andro never wanted any part of the US Academy League (can't make any money). The old model was to win and keep mom and dad paying. Now the Texan Org will be able to sign the U16 Ghana player to a pro contract and make $ off of his contract rather than from his mud hut dwelling parents. So this Texan Ghana club will truely be about developing the player vs the team/club. Finally someone is looking out for the players in Texas, Ghana, Texas that is...

drsoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by striker6 11/30/2010, 4:11 pm

drsoccer wrote:My post was unfortunately facutal and this has been in the pipeline for almost a year. This is a big step for the kids in ghana who want exposure to the us college system, ghana players with pro potential, and their chief agent HN. This has always been the thing holding back NTX player development. It's why the Txns/Solar/Andro never wanted any part of the US Academy League (can't make any money). The old model was to win and keep mom and dad paying. Now the Texan Org will be able to sign the U16 Ghana player to a pro contract and make $ off of his contract rather than from his mud hut dwelling parents. So this Texan Ghana club will truely be about developing the player vs the team/club. Finally someone is looking out for the players in Texas, Ghana, Texas that is...

Sounds like HN is following the Ajax training model. It'll be interesting to see what happens over the next 10 years. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/06/magazine/06Soccer-t.html?_r=1&ref=soccer

striker6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 11/30/2010, 8:01 pm

drsoccer wrote:My post was unfortunately facutal and this has been in the pipeline for almost a year. This is a big step for the kids in ghana who want exposure to the us college system, ghana players with pro potential, and their chief agent HN. This has always been the thing holding back NTX player development. It's why the Txns/Solar/Andro never wanted any part of the US Academy League (can't make any money). The old model was to win and keep mom and dad paying. Now the Texan Org will be able to sign the U16 Ghana player to a pro contract and make $ off of his contract rather than from his mud hut dwelling parents. So this Texan Ghana club will truely be about developing the player vs the team/club. Finally someone is looking out for the players in Texas, Ghana, Texas that is...

Says everything we need to know about club developement of the U.S. player. To find a player worth signing they have to go half way around the world to snatch a kid kicking a yarn ball between two piles of elephant dung. The system developes crap. The teams that win are just a collection of talent. not developed players. Hassans M/O, don't teach, just pilage. Oh and when you write the checks it's hASSan with 2 S'S.

On second thought maybe this is just what the U.S system needs . Club Soccer to move overseas and dismantle the ( free play fun loving, no coaching, play for the passion ) environment, from the inside.
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FCdad 11/30/2010, 10:25 pm

Knowing this, why would anyone let their kid play for the Dallas Texans? Why would I want to use my money to develop kids from Ghana? You would have to be quite an idiot to keep your kid on a Texans team.

FCdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by THE NEEDLE 11/30/2010, 10:52 pm

FCdad wrote:Knowing this, why would anyone let their kid play for the Dallas Texans? Why would I want to use my money to develop kids from Ghana? You would have to be quite an idiot to keep your kid on a Texans team.

The same could be said of FC Dallas. Why do you want your money to help them develop kids from Mexico or from Oklahoma?

Hopefully the Texans will turn some fo these kids into Feddy Adu. Laughing That will help us beat Ghana in future World Cups.
THE NEEDLE
THE NEEDLE
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FCdad 11/30/2010, 11:00 pm

THE NEEDLE wrote:
FCdad wrote:Knowing this, why would anyone let their kid play for the Dallas Texans? Why would I want to use my money to develop kids from Ghana? You would have to be quite an idiot to keep your kid on a Texans team.

The same could be said of FC Dallas. Why do you want your money to help them develop kids from Mexico or from Oklahoma?

Hopefully the Texans will turn some fo these kids into Feddy Adu. Laughing That will help us beat Ghana in future World Cups.

I completely agree. but I am sure some parents will continue to give their hard earned money to the Texans (and FC Dallas). There is a sucker born every minute.

FCdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 12/1/2010, 10:23 am

Striker6 posted the answer with that NY Times article from last June. Ajax, along with many other European clubs, use a business model that we may never see in this country. The local pro club recruits only the top local talent, develops them over time, then sells their rights.

The US doesn't have that system, but FCD is currently making an attempt. I believe they will be housing some local kids and sending them to the Frisco schools. It will take years, maybe a generation, before there is real change in our development system. Until then, it's pay pay pay.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down