Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Dallas soccer training programs (FC Dallas, Texans, City Fut Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Dallas soccer training programs (FC Dallas, Texans, City Fut

+7
Firewater
Soccerinsanity
Real Barcelona
go99
Laimport
heyyouguys
Soccertoughness
11 posters

Go down

Dallas soccer training programs (FC Dallas, Texans, City Fut Empty Dallas soccer training programs (FC Dallas, Texans, City Fut

Post by Soccertoughness 3/5/2013, 4:56 pm

North Texas has been blessed with an excellent pool of players. The area is growing and the competition is only getting better. In order to get better you need to practice. The practice can be in your back yard, with your team or with one of many choices in the area.
Currently, FC Dallas, Dallas Texans, City Futsal, Soccer Dynamics have taken the torch to create a more extensive approach. Each have it's strong points to each program. As time goes by I foresee more clubs creating more extensive programs and improving the level of competition. In the end it is a win win for the area. The level improves and everyone wins. Some may argue that practicing in your backyard would yield similar results. Does anyone want to share their experience and thoughts on the subject. In the end their is no right answer, each child responds differently to different environments. What works for one might not work for another.

FC Dallas program:

Dallas Texans residency

City Futsal developmental soccer program

Soccer dynamics program

More to come
Soccertoughness
Soccertoughness
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Dallas soccer training programs (FC Dallas, Texans, City Fut Empty Re: Dallas soccer training programs (FC Dallas, Texans, City Fut

Post by heyyouguys 3/6/2013, 9:54 am

We've thought long and hard about residency programs, and we opted out this last year because our son found quite a fondness for track, and so it would be simply too much training. But, I also worry a lot about overuse injuries, especially because for most residency kids, two a week club practices, plus saturday AND sunday games is the norm. Has anyone had nagging, chronic pains that seem to persist and the kids just play through it instead of taking time off? Are training related injuries common?

heyyouguys
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Dallas soccer training programs (FC Dallas, Texans, City Fut Empty Re: Dallas soccer training programs (FC Dallas, Texans, City Fut

Post by Laimport 3/6/2013, 6:28 pm

heyyouguys wrote:We've thought long and hard about residency programs, and we opted out this last year because our son found quite a fondness for track, and so it would be simply too much training. But, I also worry a lot about overuse injuries, especially because for most residency kids, two a week club practices, plus saturday AND sunday games is the norm. Has anyone had nagging, chronic pains that seem to persist and the kids just play through it instead of taking time off? Are training related injuries common?

What? I would think a kid in 'residency' (whatever that means) is training 4-5 days a week. By the way, as a former track athlete, that is a daily thing as well.

'Overuse' injuries tend to be a uniquely American phenomenon. You rarely hear of it happening elsewhere. If you are a footballer with a sound training program, one would think that there is a balance between technical, tactical and physical training.

There is a time to give players a break...but it isn't 3-4 days a week. It's more like 4-5 weeks a year.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 3/7/2013, 8:38 am

actually american kids are genetically inferior to other kids around the world. they easily get overuse injuries. 2 to 3 day tops and definitely no more than half the year at a time. Also 100 spf sunblock, hand sanitizer, and bottle water only please.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona 3/7/2013, 12:48 pm

go99 wrote:actually american kids are genetically inferior to other kids around the world. they easily get overuse injuries. 2 to 3 day tops and definitely no more than half the year at a time. Also 100 spf sunblock, hand sanitizer, and bottle water only please.
I think that NTX soccer as a whole has what it deserves. For those few who can see beyond their noses, it is clear. The majority are happy with the product and will pay 2500 per year to have their kid train twice a week with games on the weekend. The coaches are even happier with the status quo since that way they can cash in more $$$ by coaching more teams. Some coaches will even promote the overuse pitch and or the "the culture is not ready to practice more than twice a week" (from personal experience). Ergo long live status quo!

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by heyyouguys 3/7/2013, 1:01 pm

Laimport wrote:
What? I would think a kid in 'residency' (whatever that means) is training 4-5 days a week. By the way, as a former track athlete, that is a daily thing as well.

'Overuse' injuries tend to be a uniquely American phenomenon. You rarely hear of it happening elsewhere. If you are a footballer with a sound training program, one would think that there is a balance between technical, tactical and physical training.

There is a time to give players a break...but it isn't 3-4 days a week. It's more like 4-5 weeks a year.

I should clarify, I meant 4 residency sessions (2 to 3 hours at most places), plus 2x2 hour club practices, plus Saturday game/warmup, plus ODP/DA/pickup sessions. I think training 4 days a week is perfectly fine, that gives you 1-2 days off a week to recover. But, residency PLUS club practices creates days where kids are training for 4+ hours a day, probably two days a week, hence the question I pose. Including residency/club practices/extra sessions, have any parents currently in residency programs seen any wear and tear like osgood schlatters, jumpers knee, shin splints, etc. that they think is related to cramming in too much training with too little downtime. Do club coaches work with residency kids to make sure they are taking it a little easy on them if theyve had a really hard residency session and are wore out?

heyyouguys
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 3/7/2013, 1:08 pm

I'm confused....

Do parents see residency kids? Do residency kids also play club...thought it was all one in the same! pirat
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Firewater 3/7/2013, 1:18 pm

Soccertoughness wrote:North Texas has been blessed with an excellent pool of players. The area is growing and the competition is only getting better. In order to get better you need to practice. The practice can be in your back yard, with your team or with one of many choices in the area.
Currently, FC Dallas, Dallas Texans, City Futsal, Soccer Dynamics have taken the torch to create a more extensive approach. Each have it's strong points to each program. As time goes by I foresee more clubs creating more extensive programs and improving the level of competition. In the end it is a win win for the area. The level improves and everyone wins. Some may argue that practicing in your backyard would yield similar results. Does anyone want to share their experience and thoughts on the subject. In the end their is no right answer, each child responds differently to different environments. What works for one might not work for another.

FC Dallas program:

Dallas Texans residency

City Futsal developmental soccer program

Soccer dynamics program

More to come

An interesting question is what are the requirements for entry for each of these programs and what age do they start?

Can you get in simply by paying enough money or does your kid have to try out?

Firewater
Firewater
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 3/7/2013, 2:42 pm

heyyouguys wrote:
Laimport wrote:

I should clarify, I meant 4 residency sessions (2 to 3 hours at most places), plus 2x2 hour club practices, plus Saturday game/warmup, plus ODP/DA/pickup sessions. I think training 4 days a week is perfectly fine, that gives you 1-2 days off a week to recover. But, residency PLUS club practices creates days where kids are training for 4+ hours a day, probably two days a week, hence the question I pose. Including residency/club practices/extra sessions, have any parents currently in residency programs seen any wear and tear like osgood schlatters, jumpers knee, shin splints, etc. that they think is related to cramming in too much training with too little downtime. Do club coaches work with residency kids to make sure they are taking it a little easy on them if theyve had a really hard residency session and are wore out?

That's a long list. My definition of residency would mean an all inclusive program. 4-5 days per week plus matches. (A manageable number.)

ODP wouldn't be a part of the picture. If you are in a true residency program the players aren't permitted to participate in any other venue.

Like go, I'm skeptical when I hear about overuse injuries. Just not very common elsewhere. Because in a truly professional program, the players are looked after. Meaning the sessions are balanced to accomodate the players physical needs.

Now it is probably not realistic to train 4-5 days a week and playing 60-70+ total games a year.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by heyyouguys 3/7/2013, 2:50 pm

I'm just looking at the programs the original poster mentioned... not what the ideal residency program would. The programs mentioned at the top are all stand alone programs... except for fc dallas which I know nothing about. They don't replace club practices... they are additional 4 day/week training. The kids still go to their usual club practices, and I know many of them participate in pre-DA and/or ODP. I dont know much about the older age groups, and how DA plays into that, I'm more focused on the younger players. So, I guess my question is more in regards to those kids already in those residency programs, to see how they are holding up with what appears to be a very exhaustive soccer schedule. Maybe residency program is the wrong word to use, but I think its a pretty common term which although incorrect, is the name most people use to talk about those programs. Programs that youre going to go to every day after school.

heyyouguys
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona 3/7/2013, 3:12 pm

Well I guess my reply went no were.

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Dallas soccer training programs (FC Dallas, Texans, City Fut Empty Residency

Post by Soccertoughness 3/8/2013, 7:34 am

I believe that in the near future the "residency program" will have a try out or something that allows the residency to see where the athlete is. As these become
More popular each program has to set it self apart.
Some of the programs have added yoga, mental training and other aspects of the game that are not normally taught until later.
Overall the goal is to elevate the level of soccer. In the ideal world, if all the "talent" went to one program that allowed all the local resources to focus on the best talent would be the way to go. This way the best of the best are training with each other.
Soccertoughness
Soccertoughness
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Dallas soccer training programs (FC Dallas, Texans, City Fut Empty Residency Program

Post by soccerlove 8/10/2014, 6:44 am

I would love to hear from parents whose bb were in a residency program. Did you notice improvement in tactical play, skills attributed to the residency program? Thoughts?
soccerlove
soccerlove
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by 02Yesssss 8/10/2014, 2:54 pm

soccerlove wrote:I would love to hear from parents whose bb were in a residency program. Did you notice improvement in tactical play, skills attributed to the residency program? Thoughts?

My bb does the City Futsal residency program. His skills, tactical, & most important his confidence has improved. He was enrolled at the half way point of last year. Can't wait to see what a year does. Takes lots of dedication. Unfortunately $$$$ as well.
02Yesssss
02Yesssss
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tx Hotspur 8/10/2014, 3:46 pm

soccerlove wrote:I would love to hear from parents whose bb were in a residency program. Did you notice improvement in tactical play, skills attributed to the residency program? Thoughts?

SoccerToughness had a kid at Texans residency.  This is just looking to create traffic and awareness to his website.

Tx Hotspur
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rightback 8/10/2014, 4:33 pm

My kid is in a residency program so that in the future he will be a doctor or engineer. People have not been able to convince me that I would have been better off investing in soccer. I suppose his $25k per year academic scholarship will have to bring me consolation.

Rightback
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerlove 8/10/2014, 8:08 pm

Thank you 02yesssss, good to hear. I just hadn't heard any recent information about residency. Do Texans still have a program tx hotspur?
soccerlove
soccerlove
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/10/2014, 10:43 pm

I cringe every time someone mentions 2/week practices are status quo...that's where the injuries come from...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down