Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Disney Final '98 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Disney Final '98

+7
Tequilapark
happyfeet
sokrparent
my2cents
Freeatlast
BlueBandit
irish86
11 posters

Go down

Disney Final '98 Empty Disney Final '98

Post by irish86 11/28/2010, 1:38 pm

Solar '98 vs. Ohio Premier in the Final. Game just started. cheers
Good luck boys!

irish86
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Disney Final '98 Empty Re: Disney Final '98

Post by BlueBandit 11/28/2010, 2:52 pm

We lost 3-1 in the "Predator" 98 boys division so based on what we saw our team should have played in the "Showcase" division which was weak based on what we saw.

I bet we would have faced ya'll in the final instead of some midwest Ohio team!

Anyway the medals are nice, good luck!

BlueBandit
BlueBandit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Disney Final '98 Empty Solar wins 5-0

Post by irish86 11/28/2010, 2:58 pm

Too bad the California teams weren't in this tourney.
They are the best competition, imo.

Kudos to the Solar '98 lads, parents,and coaches! cheers

irish86
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeatlast 11/28/2010, 11:34 pm

BlueBandit wrote:We lost 3-1 in the "Predator" 98 boys division so based on what we saw our team should have played in the "Showcase" division which was weak based on what we saw.

Huh? Why would you possibly think you would have made the finals in the other division??

Freeatlast
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBandit 11/29/2010, 9:41 am

Freeatlast wrote:
BlueBandit wrote:We lost 3-1 in the "Predator" 98 boys division so based on what we saw our team should have played in the "Showcase" division which was weak based on what we saw.

Huh? Why would you possibly think you would have made the finals in the other division??

Well, this is my opinion but that Solar 98 team beat us in the last few minutes by a flukey goal and the score was only 1-0. We watched the other teams they played to see the differences between the other divisions and we feel they were minor. We feel our team would have made it to the final since they would have separated us from the other NTX team.

In addition, Solar 98 really has 1 "highly sponsored" player scoring all of their goals (including 4 out of 5 goals in the Final and I believe he got the assist on the other goal from what I can see - it was very sunny there).

That player was "recruited" from the great youth futbol coach Diego Castro of TFC, who has developed a lot of good players that have moved on to more lucrative deals at other clubs.

Any team in NTX or elsewhere that puts there best athletic, fast kid on that player would have a very good shot at beating that Solar 98 team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

santa

BlueBandit
BlueBandit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 11/29/2010, 10:08 am

BlueBandit wrote:
Freeatlast wrote:

Well, this is my opinion but that Solar 98 team beat us in the last few minutes by a flukey goal and the score was only 1-0. We watched the other teams they played to see the differences between the other divisions and we feel they were minor. We feel our team would have made it to the final since they would have separated us from the other NTX team.

In addition, Solar 98 really has 1 "highly sponsored" player scoring all of their goals (including 4 out of 5 goals in the Final and I believe he got the assist on the other goal from what I can see - it was very sunny there).

That player was "recruited" from the great youth futbol coach Diego Castro of TFC, who has developed a lot of good players that have moved on to more lucrative deals at other clubs.

Any team in NTX or elsewhere that puts there best athletic, fast kid on that player would have a very good shot at beating that Solar 98 team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

santa

So what exactly does that have to do with anything? I don't understand why so many people have this huge problem with scholarshipped players. The kid evidently is good. Would it make a difference if his folks were footing the bill? sounds like sour grapes to me.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBandit 11/29/2010, 10:43 am

There our no sour grapes here just the facts Jack! The player was also scholarshipped at the last club, just got a better deal with some extras....which I think is wrong.!!!

I am waiting for some coach in NTX to put there most athletic, fast kid on this "scholarshipped" player to see if we can beat this team even with this player on it.

Our boys can play in NTX, I would like to see some team beat them in the spring.

santa
BlueBandit
BlueBandit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sokrparent 11/29/2010, 10:45 am

and the score was only 1-0.

...and that's all that matters.

sokrparent
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by happyfeet 11/29/2010, 1:58 pm

BlueBandit wrote:There our no sour grapes here just the facts Jack! The player was also scholarshipped at the last club, just got a better deal with some extras....which I think is wrong.!!!

I am waiting for some coach in NTX to put there most athletic, fast kid on this "scholarshipped" player to see if we can beat this team even with this player on it.

Our boys can play in NTX, I would like to see some team beat them in the spring.

santa
So you don't think any coach...ever...has thought about this brilliant idea of yours?
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 11/29/2010, 2:11 pm

BlueBandit wrote:There our no sour grapes here just the facts Jack! The player was also scholarshipped at the last club, just got a better deal with some extras....which I think is wrong.!!!

santa

What exactly is wrong with it? I honestly do not get what your beef is.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBandit 11/29/2010, 2:27 pm

my2cents wrote:

santa

So you think not only some NTX players gets "scholarshipped" but the travel & lodging is also fully paid for by maybe another parent as well is okay? Kappish?

Now I think you know what the beef is here.... I just don't think that is right at such a young age before the Academy level in order to just keep winning lots of games...

Evil or Very Mad
BlueBandit
BlueBandit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tequilapark 11/29/2010, 2:34 pm

BlueBandit wrote:
my2cents wrote:

santa

So you think not only some NTX players gets "scholarshipped" but the travel & lodging is also fully paid for by maybe another parent as well is okay? Kappish?

Now I think you know what the beef is here.... I just don't think that is right at such a young age before the Academy level in order to just keep winning lots of games...

Evil or Very Mad

Many players get a free ride, or partial, most that get the "scholarships" have above average talent and many times have a legitimate need for help.

I dont know this kid you are talking about, but you just sound bitter about someone else receiving aid, get over it.
Tequilapark
Tequilapark
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 11/29/2010, 4:40 pm

BlueBandit wrote:
my2cents wrote:

santa

Evil or Very Mad

If there is a real need financially not only do I think it is alright, it is commendable that the other parent would take him. Its a game, Kappish ?

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by P1er 11/29/2010, 7:19 pm

Now you are making it sound like the sponsoring parent is desperate for wins, at all cost.
Why not look after your own kid/s? That is commendable, the former is sad.

P1er
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerNutz07 11/30/2010, 10:02 am

BlueBandit wrote:
my2cents wrote:

santa

Evil or Very Mad

From reading BlueBandit's posts, I am wondering if he/she belong to the Texans or TFC Royal 98 team. If the 98 Solar parents want to pay for the scholarship player, why should you have a beef with them?

No doubt the talent level and competition between the two teams are not that much far apart but Kevin Smith must have done something right for them to win and stay on top the last three years.
SoccerNutz07
SoccerNutz07
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by striker6 11/30/2010, 10:42 am

SoccerNutz07 wrote:
BlueBandit wrote:
my2cents wrote:

santa

Evil or Very Mad

From reading BlueBandit's posts, I am wondering if he/she belong to the Texans or TFC Royal 98 team. If the 98 Solar parents want to pay for the scholarship player, why should you have a beef with them?

No doubt the talent level and competition between the two teams are not that much far apart but Kevin Smith must have done something right for them to win and stay on top the last three years.

I'd say a Texans' parent that is still sore they were in the lower division at Disney. Maybe they could have competed in the upper division but you have to win games here in NTX before especting to make a run at a showcase tourney. Personally I think DT did pretty well making it to the finals and all.

I'm not a big KS fan myself but at somepoint you have to give some credit since we all expected Solar to fall apart after his two studs went to play up at FCD. We saw what the addition of those two boys can do for any team at the DT tourney.

It could be worse. You could be Andro parents having to cover the cost of three or four scholarships.

striker6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerNutz07 11/30/2010, 10:54 am

striker6 wrote:
SoccerNutz07 wrote:
BlueBandit wrote:
my2cents wrote:

santa

Evil or Very Mad

I'd say a Texans' parent that is still sore they were in the lower division at Disney. Maybe they could have competed in the upper division but you have to win games here in NTX before especting to make a run at a showcase tourney. Personally I think DT did pretty well making it to the finals and all.

I'm not a big KS fan myself but at somepoint you have to give some credit since we all expected Solar to fall apart after his two studs went to play up at FCD. We saw what the addition of those two boys can do for any team at the DT tourney.

It could be worse. You could be Andro parents having to cover the cost of three or four scholarships.

Ouch ! Mad ! You didn't have to go there Striker6. I don't think KS does much development for these kids other than got them to play in his system. Fan or not but his system seems to work for now. Kudos to those parents on that team who have the mentality of winning at any cost. Hopefully winning now does count for something in the future Smile .
SoccerNutz07
SoccerNutz07
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBandit 12/1/2010, 2:33 pm

striker6 wrote:
SoccerNutz07 wrote:
BlueBandit wrote:
my2cents wrote:

santa

Evil or Very Mad

Points are all well taken so can you provide me what team those "two studs" that are playing up at FCD. I show three 97 teams for FCD, which one is it if we may ask and can you provide me at least there jersey numbers?

Our team's only solution unless a "stud" moves into NTX... is to do the same as Solar, open up this type of "recruiting" beginning January...since our team also has some very deep pockets and big time opportunities too!

BlueBandit
BlueBandit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ontherightside 12/1/2010, 2:41 pm

FCD Molina - the top 97 FCD team.

Both previously played for Solar 98. One is a 98, the other is a 99.

Not sure why this matters....

ontherightside
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 12/1/2010, 9:58 pm

BlueBandit wrote:
striker6 wrote:
SoccerNutz07 wrote:
BlueBandit wrote:
my2cents wrote:

santa

Evil or Very Mad

Points are all well taken so can you provide me what team those "two studs" that are playing up at FCD. I show three 97 teams for FCD, which one is it if we may ask and can you provide me at least there jersey numbers?

Our team's only solution unless a "stud" moves into NTX... is to do the same as Solar, open up this type of "recruiting" beginning January...since our team also has some very deep pockets and big time opportunities too!

You got it. That is the only solution. Forget player development and teaching how to defend faster players, that is for sissy teams.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Disney Final '98 Empty Icebath Payback at Disney

Post by irish86 12/2/2010, 11:31 am

http://topdrawersoccer.com/soccer-videos/category-latest/vid-1437

irish86
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down