Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Why do girls play in Boys Leagues??? - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Why do girls play in Boys Leagues???

+23
Beckenbauer
Soccer Fanatic
happyfeet
finish1
moveyourfeet
Blitzed
Yak Attack
Its Me
jlussi
go99
R1
clueless
norwich city
soccercraze10
95/98mom
playhard
soccer23
my2cents
prohibit
omega striker
TRUmom
rip
warhawk
27 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Why do girls play in Boys Leagues??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do girls play in Boys Leagues???

Post by norwich city 8/27/2010, 3:38 pm

Its Me wrote:My issue with it is:
You're telling me that this DD is so good that she is still unchallenged when playing up a year in the Girls brackets? I wasn't really impressed with the talent to be playing in boys division. In the 00's girls you have Solar Red that has an excellent set of girls or why not play for one of the top U12 girls teams.

It's more of a bragging right for the kids and parents. Also, it could be that the parents are making demands that coaches will not put up with therefore you're only option is a girls team.
Well said!!

norwich city
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Why do girls play in Boys Leagues??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do girls play in Boys Leagues???

Post by soccer23 8/27/2010, 4:18 pm

norwich city wrote:
You're telling me that this DD is so good that she is still unchallenged when playing up a year in the Girls brackets? I wasn't really impressed with the talent to be playing in boys division. In the 00's girls you have Solar Red that has an excellent set of girls or why not play for one of the top U12 girls teams.

It's more of a bragging right for the kids and parents. Also, it could be that the parents are making demands that coaches will not put up with therefore you're only option is a girls team.
Well said!!

First, me's post doesn't make much sense--"girls team"? did you mean boys team? Second, the rest of it, and norwhich's seconding of the same, sounds like sour grapes. Why do you care if your son plays against a girl? Or with a girl for that matter? Why does it matter to you where a girl chooses to play? It is not effecting your kid. Or, at least it shouldn't be. (But clearly it has bothered the two of you). People choose what is the best for their individual kid. Boy or girl. You choose what is the best situation for yours. Quit worrying about what others choose for their children. It is 2010 (yesterday was the 90th anniversary of the 19th Amendment), not 1910. There are 5 women in the presidential line of succession (including 2nd and 4th). It is a brave new world. Welcome to it.

soccer23
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Me 8/27/2010, 5:04 pm

soccer23 wrote:
norwich city wrote:

Well said!!

First, me's post doesn't make much sense--"girls team"? did you mean boys team? Second, the rest of it, and norwhich's seconding of the same, sounds like sour grapes. Why do you care if your son plays against a girl? Or with a girl for that matter? Why does it matter to you where a girl chooses to play? It is not effecting your kid. Or, at least it shouldn't be. (But clearly it has bothered the two of you). People choose what is the best for their individual kid. Boy or girl. You choose what is the best situation for yours. Quit worrying about what others choose for their children. It is 2010 (yesterday was the 90th anniversary of the 19th Amendment), not 1910. There are 5 women in the presidential line of succession (including 2nd and 4th). It is a brave new world. Welcome to it.

I really don't care who she or he plays for. Do I have a problem with girls playing with boys? No.
I don't have a problem with my son playing against a girl or girls team. Just like I don't have a problem with teams playing up an age in tournaments. If they have the skills and the size to play and compete that's good. However, in North Texas I wouldn't have my daughter on a boys team. Just my personal opinion and why would I have "sour grapes". Stupid statement.

Soccer23, so you're telling me that in North Texas there are "NO" qualified teams for a DD to play on? And the only option is to play with boys? That's Bull!
Its Me
Its Me
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by norwich city 8/27/2010, 5:20 pm

soccer23 wrote:
norwich city wrote:

Well said!!

I feel the parents have their daughters playing against boys simply to say,"Look my dd is so good she has to play aginst boys." Trust me my life will go on,hope your dd has fun and enjoys the game.
norwich city
norwich city
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by norwich city 8/27/2010, 5:21 pm

Its Me wrote:
soccer23 wrote:
norwich city wrote:

Well said!!

I really don't care who she or he plays for. Do I have a problem with girls playing with boys? No.
I don't have a problem with my son playing against a girl or girls team. Just like I don't have a problem with teams playing up an age in tournaments. If they have the skills and the size to play and compete that's good. However, in North Texas I wouldn't have my daughter on a boys team. Just my personal opinion and why would I have "sour grapes". Stupid statement.

Soccer23, so you're telling me that in North Texas there are "NO" qualified teams for a DD to play on? And the only option is to play with boys? That's Bull!

Again well said.
norwich city
norwich city
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 8/27/2010, 9:41 pm

95/98mom wrote:My two cents (as a mom of DD's and BB's)...If there are no leagues or teams available for girls, they should be allowed on boys' teams, and those teams should be properly termed co-ed. Where leagues and teams are available for each, I don't think children of either sex should be allowed to choose to play on the opposite sex teams. Since we have high quality coaches, teams and leagues for boys and girls in most of NTX, there appears to be no purpose other than for girls (or their parents) to "prove themselves" against the boys. Considering that girls mature earlier, there's really little to prove. From U-7 to U-12 or so, quite a few girls are faster, stronger, more skilled, and especially more tactically aware than many boys of the same age. Of course they can compete with the boys. The girls get an additional edge because they get an "atta girl" when they play aggressively against a boy, while boys may shy away from playing aggressively against a girl or be called for very questionable fouls when a girl goes down.

I can agree with most of your post as it applies to select teams and if you live in the heart of the metroplex. I see no reason for girls to have to (or want to) play on a competitive boys team. I was more refering to my experiences with this in rec over to the west of Fort Worth. There are not always girls teams available in every age group. An average girl player is better off playing with/against boys than moving up 2 age groups. The u5 thru u8 play coed and sometimes the girls may want to stay with their teammates and coach. As far as the reffing bias I have never seen that unless on the rare occasion they are in U19 where they definitely have no business being. The problem I do see is the pay back hits the male teammates deliver on opponents in u12 and up.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by R1 8/27/2010, 9:54 pm

jlussi wrote:I've coach co-ed as recent as the summer (indoor U15), the kids had a great time and they did well and yes they recieved plenty of blue cards for hard fouls.

Nobody's talking about coed leagues.

Talking about girls playing in boys leagues. Which is ok for the girls at age 9-12 or so, especially since girls are bigger and heavier than boys (on average) at that age. But I agree that they have about twice as many girls teams out there than boys teams, so you would think they could find some good competition out there in this area.

But I bet if a really good boy player wanted to play on a girls team (in a girls league - not coed), at age 15-19, just for fun for a season or two, the parents on the girls team opponents would have total freak out fits about it. Boys are bigger, stronger and faster at those ages (sounds familiar), so the girls parents wouldn't stand for it.

Boys parents at age 9-12 stand for it, they just bitch about it. Sounds like a double standard despite all the talk of equality and the 20th century, etc.
R1
R1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jlussi 8/27/2010, 9:59 pm

R1 wrote:
jlussi wrote:I've coach co-ed as recent as the summer (indoor U15), the kids had a great time and they did well and yes they recieved plenty of blue cards for hard fouls.

Nobody's talking about coed leagues.

Talking about girls playing in boys leagues. Which is ok for the girls at age 9-12 or so, especially since girls are bigger and heavier than boys (on average) at that age. But I agree that they have about twice as many girls teams out there than boys teams, so you would think they could find some good competition out there in this area.

But I bet if a really good boy player wanted to play on a girls team (in a girls league - not coed), at age 15-19, just for fun for a season or two, the parents on the girls team opponents would have total freak out fits about it. Boys are bigger, stronger and faster at those ages (sounds familiar), so the girls parents wouldn't stand for it.

Boys parents at age 9-12 stand for it, they just bitch about it. Sounds like a double standard despite all the talk of equality and the 20th century, etc.

Sorry- it was the boys indoor league.

jlussi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Yak Attack 8/27/2010, 11:58 pm

95/98mom wrote:My two cents (as a mom of DD's and BB's)...If there are no leagues or teams available for girls, they should be allowed on boys' teams, and those teams should be properly termed co-ed. Where leagues and teams are available for each, I don't think children of either sex should be allowed to choose to play on the opposite sex teams. Since we have high quality coaches, teams and leagues for boys and girls in most of NTX, there appears to be no purpose other than for girls (or their parents) to "prove themselves" against the boys. Considering that girls mature earlier, there's really little to prove. From U-7 to U-12 or so, quite a few girls are faster, stronger, more skilled, and especially more tactically aware than many boys of the same age. Of course they can compete with the boys. The girls get an additional edge because they get an "atta girl" when they play aggressively against a boy, while boys may shy away from playing aggressively against a girl or be called for very questionable fouls when a girl goes down.

And the smaller player always get the sympathy calls...

Both my dd and bb have played opposite sexes many times over the years. Some in practice/scrimmages, some indoor, ... can't say it would have worked that well in the outdoor leagues. It almost always came down to some advantage the girls needed to keep up as a team. For example my dd's U12 team would play a U11 boys team. Both were D1 and even with the year advantage, the boys were faster. It was far more beneficial for the girls as they were forced to play a quicker game than normal (or just use their size to hip check those little speed demons right off the ball).

It was never about anything other than looking for a good competitive match for our girls, although I'd get a laugh when the tough girls would knock a boy into the boards at Spectrum. Oh the look on that boys face, priceless. Laughing
Yak Attack
Yak Attack
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitzed 8/29/2010, 12:14 am

Yak Attack wrote:

Both my dd and bb have played opposite sexes many times over the years. Some in practice/scrimmages, some indoor, ... can't say it would have worked that well in the outdoor leagues. It almost always came down to some advantage the girls needed to keep up as a team. For example my dd's U12 team would play a U11 boys team. Both were D1 and even with the year advantage, the boys were faster. It was far more beneficial for the girls as they were forced to play a quicker game than normal (or just use their size to hip check those little speed demons right off the ball).

It was never about anything other than looking for a good competitive match for our girls, although I'd get a laugh when the tough girls would knock a boy into the boards at Spectrum. Oh the look on that boys face, priceless. Laughing

It isn't about looking for a good competitive match for the girls. If it was, playing up a year in the girls league would suffice. It is about the parents patting themselves on the back when their girls knock the boys into the boards and screaming bloody murder when the reverse happens. "(Oh the look on that boys face, priceless.)"

What a joke for the boys teams. They should just ask for a refund and play somewhere else. There is nothing in it for the boys.

Blitzed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by moveyourfeet 8/30/2010, 12:50 pm

Blitzed wrote:
Yak Attack wrote:

It isn't about looking for a good competitive match for the girls. If it was, playing up a year in the girls league would suffice. It is about the parents patting themselves on the back when their girls knock the boys into the boards and screaming bloody murder when the reverse happens. "(Oh the look on that boys face, priceless.)"

What a joke for the boys teams. They should just ask for a refund and play somewhere else. There is nothing in it for the boys.

I heard that same garbage when me DD's team signed up to play indoor at Inwood in the boy's league a couple of seasons ago. They played in the most competitive division of boys, and every week for the first few weeks, we would hear the other parents moan and groan that they were having to play girls. I even heard some of the boys saying the same before the game. After week 3 or 4, when we were 3-0 or 4-0, I didn't hear that anymore.

We ended up losing to the same team twice by 1 goal once and 2 goals the next time. We finished 8-2 and in 2nd place to that boy's team. All the other boy's team got smoked by us.

And checking the standings for that boys team right now, they finished in the top 3 in Division 1 of the Classic League last season.

So I don't think it is about boys vs. girls and girls being inferior. It is about the right girls team playing in the boy's division. Some of these coaches and/or parents get overzealous about their little DD's team and think they are unbeatable. That is their mistake. Too bad some boy's teams have to suffer through those misguided thoughts.

But at the early ages, the top girls team can hang and compete with the top boys teams. I've seen it happen too many times. As the boys hit puberty and start to develop in size and strength, then it gets to be too much for the girls.

And by the way, my DD's team is one of the top girl's teams, but not the top. There are 4-5 teams clearly better than ours. Those teams would have won this indoor league hands down.
moveyourfeet
moveyourfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 8/30/2010, 12:59 pm

So, what age group does the separation become noticeable? U10? Higher or lower?

I have seen that girls become more technical than boys as the mature. It would be interesting to see a U12 boys and U12 girls team scrimmage.

Boys are better at soccer anyways, right?
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitzed 8/30/2010, 1:57 pm

Blitzed wrote:
Yak Attack wrote:

You have missed my points so I will reiterate them.

#1-You can get better competition by playing up a year in the girls leagues, you don't need to play in the boys leagues. The fact that you aren't even the top girls team in your age group is evidence of this.

#2-There is nothing in this for the boys. I don't care that you placed second in league. I don't care that the games were competitive. When boys play girls, if they win it's no big deal because the beat a bunch of girls. If they lose though, it is a big deal because they lost to a bunch of girls.

You think just because some of the girls teams can be competitive with the boys means the girls should play in boys leagues however, it has nothing to do with whether the games are competitive or not. There simply isn't anything to gain for a boys team playing girls teams. Girls teams in boys leagues are an annoyance to the boys teams.

If you are really hot to play boys teams then set up a scrimmage with some boys teams. At least then they would know what they are getting into before they play. It is unfair to the boys teams to sign up for a league and then have to play a girls team. Do you really think the boys teams you beat benefited from having you in their league?

Blitzed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by norwich city 8/30/2010, 3:34 pm

Blitzed wrote:
Blitzed wrote:
Yak Attack wrote:

#1-You can get better competition by playing up a year in the girls leagues, you don't need to play in the boys leagues. The fact that you aren't even the top girls team in your age group is evidence of this.

#2-There is nothing in this for the boys. I don't care that you placed second in league. I don't care that the games were competitive. When boys play girls, if they win it's no big deal because the beat a bunch of girls. If they lose though, it is a big deal because they lost to a bunch of girls.

You think just because some of the girls teams can be competitive with the boys means the girls should play in boys leagues however, it has nothing to do with whether the games are competitive or not. There simply isn't anything to gain for a boys team playing girls teams. Girls teams in boys leagues are an annoyance to the boys teams.

If you are really hot to play boys teams then set up a scrimmage with some boys teams. At least then they would know what they are getting into before they play. It is unfair to the boys teams to sign up for a league and then have to play a girls team. Do you really think the boys teams you beat benefited from having you in their league?

Your second point is so true,well said.

norwich city
norwich city
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by moveyourfeet 8/31/2010, 12:03 am

Blitzed wrote:
Blitzed wrote:
Yak Attack wrote:

We do scrimmage boys teams, as well as some of the other girl's teams. If the boy's teams get nothing out of it, then why do the coaches agree to do so?

As a matter of fact, we have scrimmaged the boys team that beat us in indoor. Twice actually, in an outdoor setting. Both matches were initiated by the boy's coach. Why would he do that if he was getting nothing from it? Must be a dumb coach, because you seem to know better.

Just because there are weaker girl's teams playing in your indoor league, don't throw a blanket over the entire girl's league.

When my DD's team played in the boys league, not one parent of ours was all proud about it because we beat boy's teams. Who cares? Indoor is just glorified scrimmages anyway. Those games mean absolutely nothing. Of course if your only experience is in Academy, then you may think otherwise. Woohoo! we won the Blue Sky Championship!!! Give me a break.

We played in the boys league only because there were not enough competitive teams in the girls division. The other teams were lower level teams and we did not want to go in and win by 10 every game. So we moved to the boys division. As for the boy's team that beat us twice, that was my favorite games we played. The girls were challenged, and it was a tough fight by both sides. I was actually a little disappointed in a number of the other boy's teams we played in indoor that season. There were some unskilled, untouched boys just trying to bully their ways to wins. Well, it didn't work.

During the second game against the better boys team, a dad from the that group saw my club shirt and talked to me about our girls. He said he was very impressed with their ability, aggressiveness, etc. and admitted that he was pissed off at first when he found out they had to play girls. But he also admitted that he was glad that we played. He said to me, "This is the type of games we need to play more of."

When my BB played a girls team last fall, he was bummed. He kept telling me how we shouldn't be playing girls. I just smiled and let him vent.

Then at halftime when we were down by 1, he had a different attitude about playing girls. They were more aggressive and more skilled than our boys. My little one learned a lesson that day even though we came back and tied it.

It's a shame that you have to introduce chauvinism to your kids at such an early age. But heck, I guess you have the next Pele living in your house. Can't have him playing against girls.

scratch
moveyourfeet
moveyourfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 8/31/2010, 8:42 am

This is a tough debate.
I do believe this is nothing but chauvinism.
I also think there is very little to gain by playing younger or opposite gender teams.

Funny how if you substitute 'younger team' with "girl's team" - there is very little discussion. We all know, well, most of us know, that boys and girls are different. Those who are female or only have female children may think otherwise.

This is a never-ending battle between those who feel the need to prove something and those who are too insecure to risk the loss. You can see both in almost every post.

There are legitimate reasons for seeking the tougher/better competition, as well as reasons for not wanting to play - but, imo, rare is a valid reason for dodging an opponent. The kids can learn from an upset loss as well.

My DD's team plays boys teams occasionally and I often wonder, as mentioned above, why would the teams agree to do that? - it's the total catch 22 of an older brother playing a younger brother (the win is expected, anything else is a huge deal - to both parties really, even if they don't want to admit it). It might make one team and destroy another.

Most coaches don't want the doubt introduced into the team's minds following an upset loss/tie - so, it's just not worth the risk to them. Especially in academy - you risk losing players as parents see a single loss or upset as the end of the world. My bb's team is one of the better in the area and they lost to girls teams in academy - as well as destroyed countless coed teams - these are just kids, let them play. Perhaps they need an ego drop box at the door of Inwood and Spectrum.

clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by moveyourfeet 8/31/2010, 10:03 am

clueless wrote:This is a tough debate.
I also think there is very little to gain by playing younger or opposite gender teams.

Funny how if you substitute 'younger team' with "girl's team" - there is very little discussion. We all know, well, most of us know, that boys and girls are different. Those who are female or only have female children may think otherwise.

This is a never-ending battle between those who feel the need to prove something and those who are too insecure to risk the loss. You can see both in almost every post.

There are legitimate reasons for seeking the tougher/better competition, as well as reasons for not wanting to play - but, imo, rare is a valid reason for dodging an opponent. The kids can learn from an upset loss as well.

My DD's team plays boys teams occasionally and I often wonder, as mentioned above, why would the teams agree to do that? - it's the total catch 22 of an older brother playing a younger brother (the win is expected, anything else is a huge deal - to both parties really, even if they don't want to admit it). It might make one team and destroy another.

Most coaches don't want the doubt introduced into the team's minds following an upset loss/tie - so, it's just not worth the risk to them. Especially in academy - you risk losing players as parents see a single loss or upset as the end of the world. My bb's team is one of the better in the area and they lost to girls teams in academy - as well as destroyed countless coed teams - these are just kids, let them play. Perhaps they need an ego drop box at the door of Inwood and Spectrum.

If a girl's team can play in the boy's division and compete, then I don't see the problem at the Academy level. None of the games count for anything except the ego's of the parents.

You will see parents complain that they had to play a girls team, won by a handful of goals and got "nothing out of it." Woe is me.

Yet that same team will play another boys team next week, beat them by 10 or more, and you hear no complaints. Apparently they get something out of walloping a lesser team of their own gender.

moveyourfeet
moveyourfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitzed 8/31/2010, 5:07 pm

moveyourfeet wrote:
Blitzed wrote:
Blitzed wrote:
Yak Attack wrote:

We do scrimmage boys teams, as well as some of the other girl's teams. If the boy's teams get nothing out of it, then why do the coaches agree to do so?

As a matter of fact, we have scrimmaged the boys team that beat us in indoor. Twice actually, in an outdoor setting. Both matches were initiated by the boy's coach. Why would he do that if he was getting nothing from it? Must be a dumb coach, because you seem to know better.

Just because there are weaker girl's teams playing in your indoor league, don't throw a blanket over the entire girl's league.

When my DD's team played in the boys league, not one parent of ours was all proud about it because we beat boy's teams. Who cares? Indoor is just glorified scrimmages anyway. Those games mean absolutely nothing. Of course if your only experience is in Academy, then you may think otherwise. Woohoo! we won the Blue Sky Championship!!! Give me a break.

We played in the boys league only because there were not enough competitive teams in the girls division. The other teams were lower level teams and we did not want to go in and win by 10 every game. So we moved to the boys division. As for the boy's team that beat us twice, that was my favorite games we played. The girls were challenged, and it was a tough fight by both sides. I was actually a little disappointed in a number of the other boy's teams we played in indoor that season. There were some unskilled, untouched boys just trying to bully their ways to wins. Well, it didn't work.

During the second game against the better boys team, a dad from the that group saw my club shirt and talked to me about our girls. He said he was very impressed with their ability, aggressiveness, etc. and admitted that he was pissed off at first when he found out they had to play girls. But he also admitted that he was glad that we played. He said to me, "This is the type of games we need to play more of."

When my BB played a girls team last fall, he was bummed. He kept telling me how we shouldn't be playing girls. I just smiled and let him vent.

Then at halftime when we were down by 1, he had a different attitude about playing girls. They were more aggressive and more skilled than our boys. My little one learned a lesson that day even though we came back and tied it.

It's a shame that you have to introduce chauvinism to your kids at such an early age. But heck, I guess you have the next Pele living in your house. Can't have him playing against girls.

scratch

A scrimmage is perfectly fine and in my opinion, they only way boys vs. girls matches should be set up because both teams understand what they are getting into.

When you sign up for boys leagues, you show a complete disregard for the boys teams who sign up in that league and would prefer not to play a girls teams. What they want doesn't matter as long as it benefits your team and besides, they are a bunch of chauvinists anyway.

You just go ahead and keep patting yourself on the back and congratulating yourself on how enlightened you are and telling us stories about how you and your daughter's team are changing the world, one chauvinist at a time.

Have you ever wondered why weaker boys teams are not able to play in a girls league? I have seen some boys teams that get hammered every game. They can't play down. They can't play in the girls league. I guess that's just too bad, huh. So tell me, smart guy, is that chauvinism too?

Blitzed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Yak Attack 8/31/2010, 10:22 pm

clueless wrote:This is a tough debate.

Perhaps they need an ego drop box at the door of Inwood and Spectrum.

OK so why nothing gained, I say nothing lost...in the end.

As is the case today, when I was a young academy age swimmer I participate in daily workouts with ... girls. Yep they swim the same sets as boys and pushed them every bit as much as the other boys. We somehow survived. In the same way soccer is very similar with kids of this age. So whether it is an official game or scrimmage please use the drop box. Smile

Yak Attack
Yak Attack
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Yak Attack 8/31/2010, 10:25 pm

moveyourfeet wrote:

You will see parents complain that they had to play a girls team, won by a handful of goals and got "nothing out of it." Woe is me.

Yet that same team will play another boys team next week, beat them by 10 or more, and you hear no complaints. Apparently they get something out of walloping a lesser team of their own gender.

Regardless of your bias on this debate, that is funny! cheers Laughing
Yak Attack
Yak Attack
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 8/31/2010, 10:27 pm

Blitzed you assumed moveyourfeet is a guy so you ARE a chauvinist. Sorry dude had to out you. OOPs, did I call you dude? Oh shoot, I guess I am too.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitzed 8/31/2010, 10:35 pm

my2cents wrote:Blitzed you assumed moveyourfeet is a guy so you ARE a chauvinist. Sorry dude had to out you. OOPs, did I call you dude? Oh shoot, I guess I am too.

You're right, I goofed. I should have realized that from the emotional, not logical, response.

Blitzed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by happyfeet 9/1/2010, 11:27 am

my2cents wrote:Blitzed you assumed moveyourfeet is a guy so you ARE a chauvinist. Sorry dude had to out you. OOPs, did I call you dude? Oh shoot, I guess I am too.
"Dude" is non-gender specific these days. You're ok. Very Happy
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by warhawk 9/1/2010, 11:42 am

This started because a "top" girls team decided that they should play in a boys league when its 12 to 0 maybe this not a good fit?
warhawk
warhawk
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer Fanatic 10/30/2010, 1:02 am

Well, looking for an 01 boys team for my 01 daughter that can definitely hang with boys. If she gets knocked down, she will just hop right back up. Looking for a team to play indoor with, 3v3, or both. I do not mind coming out to a practice so everyone can see if it's a good fit. DD's team is taking it slow for the winter. PM me if interested.

Fast, skilled, very aggressive, great attitude!!

Thanks!!!

(I am serious, even though I posted on this thread. I thought it was the best place to post it) Wink

Soccer Fanatic
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by norwich city 10/30/2010, 8:33 am

You might consider having her play up a year or two with a girl team. There she would find the comp. you are looking for.
norwich city
norwich city
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next