Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Why do girls play in Boys Leagues??? - Page 3 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Why do girls play in Boys Leagues???

+23
Beckenbauer
Soccer Fanatic
happyfeet
finish1
moveyourfeet
Blitzed
Yak Attack
Its Me
jlussi
go99
R1
clueless
norwich city
soccercraze10
95/98mom
playhard
soccer23
my2cents
prohibit
omega striker
TRUmom
rip
warhawk
27 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Why do girls play in Boys Leagues??? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why do girls play in Boys Leagues???

Post by norwich city 10/30/2010, 8:33 am

You might consider having her play up a year or two with a girl team. There she would find the comp. you are looking for.

norwich city
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Why do girls play in Boys Leagues??? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why do girls play in Boys Leagues???

Post by Beckenbauer 12/2/2010, 8:11 am

I know the boys/girls play together @ school (recess/pe) and they seem to do ok. I did hear that an 03 DD was asked to sit out yesterday for slide tackling a boy @ recess. I am looking forward to seeing her do this against TOP boys teams this winter @ Inwood.
Beckenbauer
Beckenbauer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by off_the_woodwork 12/2/2010, 8:27 pm

Beckenbauer wrote:I know the boys/girls play together @ school (recess/pe) and they seem to do ok. I did hear that an 03 DD was asked to sit out yesterday for slide tackling a boy @ recess. I am looking forward to seeing her do this against TOP boys teams this winter @ Inwood.

If she does she won't get to play much, because Inwood doesn't allow slide tackling.....

off_the_woodwork
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 2sgrm 12/2/2010, 9:28 pm

I have a different view of this. I have a BB and DD both at the Academy level. I do not want my BB playing girls nor my DD playing boys.

I would hope that my BB would not be as aggressive when playing girls because I am teaching him to respect girls and treat them with kindness and gentleness. Neither kindness nor gentleness belong in soccer so he should not be forced to play girls and do something that totally counters what he is being taught at home.

Conversely, I am teaching my DD that a boy that does not treat her with that same kindness and gentleness is not worth hanging around. So I am certainly not anxious to put her on a soccer field with the boys.

Boys play best when playing boys where there is no conflict about the level of aggressiveness or force that can be used. Girls do the same.

And to highlight that, my BB's team recently played a team with a girl on it. The girl was all over one of our boys and he finally got sick of it and did what he would have done long before with any boy. The girl ended up on the ground not due to the move but due to the greater strength of the boy. To hear the parent you would have thought he punched her in the face. But it was all well and good when she was doing it to him.

Play up or do what other posters have said, call for scrimages. At least then the coach can make an informed decision. My BB's coach has said no to all girls teams that have asked us and rightfully so.

2sgrm
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibra 12/2/2010, 10:10 pm

off_the_woodwork wrote:
Beckenbauer wrote:I know the boys/girls play together @ school (recess/pe) and they seem to do ok. I did hear that an 03 DD was asked to sit out yesterday for slide tackling a boy @ recess. I am looking forward to seeing her do this against TOP boys teams this winter @ Inwood.

If she does she won't get to play much, because Inwood doesn't allow slide tackling.....
Doesn't allow slide tackling, but allows elbows to face and body checks to wall? YAWN......Zeph?
Ibra
Ibra
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Beckenbauer 12/6/2010, 9:09 am

Inwood does not allow body slams to wall. My DD got 2 min penalty for slamming some American United boy.
Beckenbauer
Beckenbauer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 12/7/2010, 10:14 am

Beckenbauer wrote:Inwood does not allow body slams to wall. My DD got 2 min penalty for slamming some American United boy.

Just curious Beck, how you going to react when some guy retaliates by sticking an elbow in her chest and launching her into the wall?

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by R1 12/7/2010, 12:15 pm

my2cents wrote:
Beckenbauer wrote:Inwood does not allow body slams to wall. My DD got 2 min penalty for slamming some American United boy.

Just curious Beck, how you going to react when some guy retaliates by sticking an elbow in her chest and launching her into the wall?

If he's like the typical father who lets his girl play against boys, he'll scream like she just got shot and demand the boy be ejected. If she stays on the ground for a moment, (if he's like the typical dad who lets his daughter play against boys), he'll be on his feet looking as though he's going to dash onto the field at any moment - while screaming for the ejection of the offending boy.

If he's not typical, he'll just sit there and cheer when things go good, and groan when things go bad.

Hopefully he's not typical. But with all his talk about wanting to see a girl slide-tackle the boys, etc, I have a feeling he's typical.
R1
R1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Beckenbauer 12/7/2010, 9:04 pm

I don't condone dirty play nor do I teach it...I am just stating what I saw happen...I am just a normal soccer parent...looking for more friendly competition for my DD.
Beckenbauer
Beckenbauer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by DTMR 2/2/2011, 2:17 pm

I have an 05 girl who plays on DTX boys team indoor and played up primetime with another bopys team this past fall, she is more challenged playing with the boys than woith the girls, she tends to get lazy when playing with the girls..She is currently now playing up U8 indoor and on two other age pure teams , the younger teams with the girls...so I think maybe from reading soem of these posts that I was correct in starting her to play with the girls teams as well, but in the end, I still leave it up to her as to where she feels most comfortable playing

DTMR
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 2/5/2011, 5:46 pm

finish1 wrote:So, what age group does the separation become noticeable? U10? Higher or lower?

I have seen that girls become more technical than boys as the mature. It would be interesting to see a U12 boys and U12 girls team scrimmage.

Boys are better at soccer anyways, right?
I remember last season watching the SR 99' boys team scrimmage the SR 99' girls team and there was no comparison the boys are just too strong,fast,and physical and that same boys SR 99' team also beat the girls SR 97'team and tied the 96' girls SR team so take that for what it's worth I guess? Suspect
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3