Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Team Captain role? Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Team Captain role?

+12
b0013
Soccerinsanity
Freeatlast
kickit
eco185
omega striker
plantit
WRG
drsoccer
my2cents
P1er
DownTown21
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Team Captain role? Empty Team Captain role?

Post by DownTown21 3/17/2011, 12:15 am

Tonight in a parents team meeting our coach tried to justify missed practices by players. By stating that sometimes parents have hardships. In today's times, we all have hardships too, but we make it a point for our kids to attend practices.

I put this question to the coach, his club and all parents on our team. Since when does a coach have to justify a player that has missed 80% of practices to be TEAM CAPTAIN, when there are at least three or four other players as good or better that always attend practice? But are not rewarded.

I always thought that a TEAM CAPTAIN duty was to be a role model for his team. This coach has no idea how this players feel about the issue. Forget about trying to explain the issue to the parents.

I will admit I did discuss the issue of him using my son as a goalkeeper everytime the GK does not show up. But to my surprise was his comments and how he threw half of the parents under the bus to justify his coaching.

Tell us about your team captains? Please don't used players names.Thanks. confused
DownTown21
DownTown21
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : In the toliet with my andriod, keeping up on current soccer events.

Back to top Go down

Team Captain role? Empty Re: Team Captain role?

Post by P1er 3/17/2011, 1:55 am

I have never heard of a coach justifying missed practices by a player.
Instead of being rewarded that player actually would get less playing time.
Can't see much respect from the rest of the team for the MIA Team Captain.
Sounds like favoritism for some other, non-soccer related reason by the coach.

P1er
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 3/17/2011, 10:12 am

Being a 97 the captain may be a freshman high school varsity player thus missing the off season practices.
Team captains should have leadership abilities, be respected by teammmates, be able to converse openly with the coach and lead by example.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by drsoccer 3/17/2011, 10:15 am

player that the coach doesnt want to lose, best player on the team, managers kid...... tallest kid, fastest kid, kid who's father pays for travel/fees of poorer players, kid of team recruiter.. these all make good captains

drsoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by WRG 3/17/2011, 11:19 am

The coach should apply the same standards to everyone when it comes to practice attendance. If he lets one of the kids off for hook for missing 80% he should do the same for all kids.

With regard to the TEAM CAPTAIN issue, I think it is pretty irrelvant and has little real meaning. The kids on the field know who the leaders are. They should probably pick a captain by secret ballot votes of the players on the team. IF they want to pick a kid that only comes to 20% of the practices but is a real leader on the field then so be it.

WRG
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DownTown21 3/17/2011, 1:29 pm

Thanks for all your comments.

I will admit the player is a good GK, but our team has won as a team. But our coach appointted him Team Captain, most teams my son has played on, the players vote for their team captain and sometimes another is appointted by the coach.

P1er your said it best FAVORITISM, that's something the parents and players can see.

His excuse to me when I ask to please stop using my son at GK every practice, because I felt he was taking away field time. Well I needed someone at GK.

On top of all that he always practices two or three of his teams together. Then he wants us parents to collect money for his asst. coach, which the club is not paying for. The problem could be solve if he practice with one team at a time like other clubs. He would not need a asst coach. But all season long his practices for our team have been combine.( I know what his coach's salary is from all three teams, the question is why our players are short change when it comes to training.)

On another note he collected $50.00 from 12 parent for the up coming President's Cup tournament which is a total $600.00. Then collected $200.00 from his other 97 team for a total of $800.00 and he stated in the meeting that he is sponsering two players, which I dont have a problem. I like to know why the team has to collect an extra $300.00 for?

One parent said it best last night, I been with him over three years and every year he has to replace more then half his team. Thanks for your input and time.
DownTown21
DownTown21
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by drsoccer 3/17/2011, 3:59 pm

Some coaches like to use the gk since it is politcally easier. No one questions his role on the team, no one wonders why their son wasnt' picked ('I'm not the GK, dad). Also sometimes during warmups they like to talk to the field players while the coin flip is going on. Being the captain on some teams is political lightning rod, so some coaches will defray it by choosing the gk. I've seen that done quite a bit with high achieving teams,and it makes sense. and the selection may vary depending on what the coach wants from him. 1 team we were with the coach never picked the best players as capt. Usually a gk or solid defender to warm the team up and communicate w/coach and team. Many others i've seen the mgr's kid, or a 'donor's' kid.

drsoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 3/17/2011, 10:59 pm

DownTown21 wrote:Thanks for all your comments.

I will admit the player is a good GK, but our team has won as a team. But our coach appointted him Team Captain, most teams my son has played on, the players vote for their team captain and sometimes another is appointted by the coach.

P1er your said it best FAVORITISM, that's something the parents and players can see.

His excuse to me when I ask to please stop using my son at GK every practice, because I felt he was taking away field time. Well I needed someone at GK.

On top of all that he always practices two or three of his teams together. Then he wants us parents to collect money for his asst. coach, which the club is not paying for. The problem could be solve if he practice with one team at a time like other clubs. He would not need a asst coach. But all season long his practices for our team have been combine.( I know what his coach's salary is from all three teams, the question is why our players are short change when it comes to training.)

On another note he collected $50.00 from 12 parent for the up coming President's Cup tournament which is a total $600.00. Then collected $200.00 from his other 97 team for a total of $800.00 and he stated in the meeting that he is sponsering two players, which I dont have a problem. I like to know why the team has to collect an extra $300.00 for?

One parent said it best last night, I been with him over three years and every year he has to replace more then half his team. Thanks for your input and time.

Or maybe the players replaced him. Lets see 3 teams ,, 16 per = 48 at one time . Ya for the money we got some real 1 on 1 developement. Coach is a check casher , no more no less, bet the club is real proud to call him one of their own..
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 3/18/2011, 11:43 am

plantit wrote:
DownTown21 wrote:Thanks for all your comments.

Or maybe the players replaced him. Lets see 3 teams ,, 16 per = 48 at one time . Ya for the money we got some real 1 on 1 developement. Coach is a check casher , no more no less, bet the club is real proud to call him one of their own..
so is this a FCD coach? scratch
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/18/2011, 3:35 pm

Which 97 coach has two teams? That would be our answer?

Back to top Go down

Post by eco185 3/18/2011, 8:30 pm

yes! fcd

eco185
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kickit 3/18/2011, 9:14 pm

One FCD coach has 2 teams, but they don't win that much. 11-6-15 combined record.

kickit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeatlast 3/18/2011, 9:48 pm

So does his name start with A-r-i-a-s? Laughing

Freeatlast
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 3/18/2011, 9:52 pm

Let's see just for shits and giggles.

3 teams approx $12,000 per team annual rev = $ 36,000 (LOW BALLED)
2- 3-hour practices 2x per week, ( benefit of the doubt ) works 10 hours on game day 16 hours per week x 52 give or take
16 x 52 = 832 hours thats assuming no cancelations and a full 10 hour day on sat

$ 36,000 divided by 832 = $43.27 per hour For part time work .. Nice gig if you can convince the parents and club to bye it.

Tournaments???? leave them out . thats taken care of by the (Oh so famous) " SKIM "
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by DownTown21 3/20/2011, 4:12 am

kickit wrote:One FCD coach has 2 teams, but they don't win that much. 11-6-15 combined record.

Kickit how did you figure he was going to lose two more games... could it be that maybe because some of those players didn't show to practice, or maybe because he was running late to practice or the kids just don't care cause they are going to other teams.

I have another question can a coach or asst. coach be on the team bench and practice with the players if does not have a coaches license or background check with the NTTSA or Classic league? Who can provided that information?

His 99's won, but I forgot this team has one person paying for the talent.

Guess when your a non-profit group like FC Dallas. Are the books and records of a nonprofit corporations available for inspection?

Section 22.351 of the Texas Business Organizations Code gives a member of a nonprofit corporation, on written demand, the right to examine and copy the corporation’s books and records. The member, or the member’s agent, accountant, or attorney, may examine and copy these records at any reasonable time and for a proper purpose. Section 22.352 also requires a nonprofit corporation to maintain financial records in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles; the board of directors is required to prepare or approve an annual financial report for the preceding year.

Additionally, section 22.353 requires certain nonprofit corporations to make all records, books, and annual reports of financial activity available to the general public for inspection and copying. However, section 22.353 does not apply to (1) corporations that solicit funds only from their members; (2) corporations that do not intend to solicit and do not actually receive contributions in excess of $10,000 during a fiscal year from sources other than their members; (3) proprietary schools; (4) religious institutions; (5) trade associations or professional associations whose principal income is from dues and member sales and services; (6) insurers; or (7) alumni associations of public or private institutions of higher education.

Under certain circumstances, a nonprofit corporation’s books and records are also available to the public under the Texas Public Information Act (chapter 552 of the Government Code). Section 552.003(1)(A) of the Public Information Act defines “governmental body” to include the “part, section, or portion of an organization, corporation, commission, committee, institution, or agency that spends or that is supported in whole or in part by public funds.” For more information on the Public Information Act, please contact the Attorney General; the secretary of state cannot provide advice regarding the application of the Public Information Act to a particular nonprofit corporation.

The two exempt classifications of 501(c)(3) organizations are as follows:[10]

A public charity, identified by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) as "not a private foundation," normally receives a substantial part of its income, directly or indirectly, from the general public or from the government. The public support must be fairly broad, not limited to a few individuals or families. Public charities are defined in the Internal Revenue Code under sections 509(a)(1) through 509(a)(4).

Does this mean all players get the equal piece of the pie......intresting why some of us pay more while others don't pay.

Another provision, 26 U.S.C. § 170, provides a deduction, for federal income tax purposes, for some donors who make charitable contributions to most types of 501(c)(3) organizations, among others. Regulations specify which such deductions must be verifiable to be allowed (e.g., receipts for donations over $250). Due to the tax deductions associated with donations, loss of 501(c)(3) status can be highly challenging to a charity's continued operation, as many foundations and corporate matching programs do not grant funds to a charity without such status, and individual donors often do not donate to such a charity due to the unavailability of the deduction.

So any donations over $250.00 can be question?

More questions for WFAA 8 Brett Shipps' investigation?

DownTown21
DownTown21
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 3/20/2011, 10:06 am

Does this coach have a non-licensed assistant?
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by DownTown21 3/26/2011, 5:55 pm

Things do happen for a reason. Today our Team Captain and coach decided to let someone else be Captain. The problem is he gave the ball to my son, to think that there are more deserving players on the team. My son has never asked to be captain.

The problem lies with the coach, the audacity of a coach telling a player to do something like this on the last game of the season is just plain arrogant on his part.
As far as the player, that was a nice gesture on his part.
DownTown21
DownTown21
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by b0013 3/26/2011, 8:00 pm

DownTown21 wrote:Things do happen for a reason. Today our Team Captain and coach decided to let someone else be Captain. The problem is he gave the ball to my son, to think that there are more deserving players on the team. My son has never asked to be captain.

The problem lies with the coach, the audacity of a coach telling a player to do something like this on the last game of the season is just plain arrogant on his part.
As far as the player, that was a nice gesture on his part.

..guess someone gave the coach a heads up that you were on here complaining about him...oh well, June 1st isn't far off...

b0013
b0013
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by campeon 3/28/2011, 7:52 pm

DownTown21 wrote:Tonight in a parents team meeting our coach tried to justify missed practices by players. By stating that sometimes parents have hardships. In today's times, we all have hardships too, but we make it a point for our kids to attend practices.

I put this question to the coach, his club and all parents on our team. Since when does a coach have to justify a player that has missed 80% of practices to be TEAM CAPTAIN, when there are at least three or four other players as good or better that always attend practice? But are not rewarded.

I always thought that a TEAM CAPTAIN duty was to be a role model for his team. This coach has no idea how this players feel about the issue. Forget about trying to explain the issue to the parents.

I will admit I did discuss the issue of him using my son as a goalkeeper everytime the GK does not show up. But to my surprise was his comments and how he threw half of the parents under the bus to justify his coaching.

Tell us about your team captains? Please don't used players names.Thanks. confused
Ciertamente el Capitan es una pieza muy importante, o mas bien dicho el mas importante, "tiene que ser un muy buen jugador,RESPETUOSO,RESPONSABLE,Y CARISMATICO,un capitan no solamente dirige a su equipo,sino que tiene que lograr que todos esten integrados y persiguiendo un fin en EQUIPO y no individualmente,no tiene que ser el mejor jugador, pero siempre debe dar un buen ejemplo,en el equipo de nosotros nuestro capitan, le falla un poquito la responsabilidad y estamos trabajando en eso,es un defensa central, de los mejores que yo he visto, y tiene muy buena quimica con todos sus companeros,y es muy objetivo a la hora de opinar en las fallas o aciertos que esta teniendo el equipo,SIN UN BUEN CAPITAN, es muy dificil guiar a un equipo.

campeon
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DownTown21 3/29/2011, 12:45 am

campeon wrote:
DownTown21 wrote:Tonight in a parents team meeting our coach tried to justify missed practices by players. By stating that sometimes parents have hardships. In today's times, we all have hardships too, but we make it a point for our kids to attend practices.

Ciertamente el Capitan es una pieza muy importante, o mas bien dicho el mas importante, "tiene que ser un muy buen jugador,RESPETUOSO,RESPONSABLE,Y CARISMATICO,un capitan no solamente dirige a su equipo,sino que tiene que lograr que todos esten integrados y persiguiendo un fin en EQUIPO y no individualmente,no tiene que ser el mejor jugador, pero siempre debe dar un buen ejemplo,en el equipo de nosotros nuestro capitan, le falla un poquito la responsabilidad y estamos trabajando en eso,es un defensa central, de los mejores que yo he visto, y tiene muy buena quimica con todos sus companeros,y es muy objetivo a la hora de opinar en las fallas o aciertos que esta teniendo el equipo,SIN UN BUEN CAPITAN, es muy dificil guiar a un equipo.

Hopefully my spanish is good enough, but I posting this in english and spanish.

Su derecho toda la razón de que es una pieza muy importante, o más bien que lo más importante debe ser un jugador muy bueno, respetuoso, responsable y carismático, un capitán no sólo conduce a su equipo. Pero el problema está en América que predicar con el ejemplo, no lo que haces en el campo el día del juego. Asistir a las prácticas debe ser una prioridad al igual que cuando usted asiste a los juegos. Así es como te respetado por sus pares. Si mi hijo va a ser el honor por el entrenador o sus compañeros de equipo como capitán, me encontraría una manera de asegurarse de que llegue a tiempo y con regularidad, incluso si tengo que robar, mendigar o pedir prestado. ¿Crees que es justo para su hijo para mostrar a todas las prácticas y algunos no muestran, pero se ven recompensados ​​con el tiempo jugando más de los cometidos? Sé que siempre habrá una excepción a la regla, porque la escuela o la familia de vez en cuando. Pero perder más el entonces tres cuartas partes de las prácticas es una falta de respeto a su entrenador y compañeros de equipo.
Tenemos un dicho en América que el plomo, el seguir o salir del camino. Recuerde que es los valores que como padres enseñar a nuestros niños que hacen la diferencia cuando crezcan. Las excusas son las herramientas de los débiles e incompetentes para la construcción de monumentos de la nada. Los que eligen para sobresalir en ellos rara vez se destacan en nada en la vida.

Your right absolutely right that it is a very important piece, or rather that the most important must be a very good player, respectful, responsible, and charismatic, a captain not only leads his team. But the problem is in American you lead by example, not what you do on the field on game day. Attending practices should be a priority just like when you attend games. That is how you get respected by your peers. If my son is going to be honor by the coach or teammates as captain, I myself would find a way to make sure he gets there on time and regularly even if I have to steal, beg or borrow. Do you think it fair for your kid to show up to every practice and a few not show, but get rewarded with more playing time then the committed ones? I know there will always be exception to the rule because of school or family once in a while. But to miss more the then three fourths of the practices is disrespectful to his coach and teammates.
We have a saying in American you lead, follow or get out of the way. Remember it’s the values we as parents teach our kids that will make the difference when they grow up. Excuses are tools of the weak and incompetent used to build monuments of nothingness. Those who choose to excel in them seldom excel in anything in life.
DownTown21
DownTown21
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/29/2011, 3:58 pm

DownTown21 wrote:
campeon wrote:

Su derecho toda la razón de que es una pieza muy importante, o más bien que lo más importante debe ser un jugador muy bueno, respetuoso, responsable y carismático, un capitán no sólo conduce a su equipo. Pero el problema está en América que predicar con el ejemplo, no lo que haces en el campo el día del juego. Asistir a las prácticas debe ser una prioridad al igual que cuando usted asiste a los juegos. Así es como te respetado por sus pares. Si mi hijo va a ser el honor por el entrenador o sus compañeros de equipo como capitán, me encontraría una manera de asegurarse de que llegue a tiempo y con regularidad, incluso si tengo que robar, mendigar o pedir prestado. ¿Crees que es justo para su hijo para mostrar a todas las prácticas y algunos no muestran, pero se ven recompensados ​​con el tiempo jugando más de los cometidos? Sé que siempre habrá una excepción a la regla, porque la escuela o la familia de vez en cuando. Pero perder más el entonces tres cuartas partes de las prácticas es una falta de respeto a su entrenador y compañeros de equipo.
Tenemos un dicho en América que el plomo, el seguir o salir del camino. Recuerde que es los valores que como padres enseñar a nuestros niños que hacen la diferencia cuando crezcan. Las excusas son las herramientas de los débiles e incompetentes para la construcción de monumentos de la nada. Los que eligen para sobresalir en ellos rara vez se destacan en nada en la vida.

Your right absolutely right that it is a very important piece, or rather that the most important must be a very good player, respectful, responsible, and charismatic, a captain not only leads his team. But the problem is in American you lead by example, not what you do on the field on game day. Attending practices should be a priority just like when you attend games. That is how you get respected by your peers. If my son is going to be honor by the coach or teammates as captain, I myself would find a way to make sure he gets there on time and regularly even if I have to steal, beg or borrow. Do you think it fair for your kid to show up to every practice and a few not show, but get rewarded with more playing time then the committed ones? I know there will always be exception to the rule because of school or family once in a while. But to miss more the then three fourths of the practices is disrespectful to his coach and teammates.
We have a saying in American you lead, follow or get out of the way. Remember it’s the values we as parents teach our kids that will make the difference when they grow up. Excuses are tools of the weak and incompetent used to build monuments of nothingness. Those who choose to excel in them seldom excel in anything in life.

I get what you are saying and agree with your philosophy. Unfortunately, I do not think that is how it works out in the real sports world. To put is bluntly, the most talented and best performers on any given team are given special treatment. If a kid can perform on field, Court of diamond, he is coddled, rewarded and made to be a star. He can skip all the practices, still start, and be the captain as long as he scores or produces. That is the way it is in pro sports and is filtering down to kids sports, if not already there.

I don't condone this practice with youth athletes, but it is the way sports works.

Back to top Go down

Post by campeon 3/29/2011, 8:08 pm

Running wrote:
DownTown21 wrote:
campeon wrote:

I get what you are saying and agree with your philosophy. Unfortunately, I do not think that is how it works out in the real sports world. To put is bluntly, the most talented and best performers on any given team are given special treatment. If a kid can perform on field, Court of diamond, he is coddled, rewarded and made to be a star. He can skip all the practices, still start, and be the captain as long as he scores or produces. That is the way it is in pro sports and is filtering down to kids sports, if not already there.

I don't condone this practice with youth athletes, but it is the way sports works.
Crying or Very sad Totalmente de acuerdo!!!!!!!!
I totally agree with you!!!!!!!!!!!!

campeon
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 3/30/2011, 1:22 pm

campeon wrote:
Running wrote:
DownTown21 wrote:
campeon wrote:

I get what you are saying and agree with your philosophy. Unfortunately, I do not think that is how it works out in the real sports world. To put is bluntly, the most talented and best performers on any given team are given special treatment. If a kid can perform on field, Court of diamond, he is coddled, rewarded and made to be a star. He can skip all the practices, still start, and be the captain as long as he scores or produces. That is the way it is in pro sports and is filtering down to kids sports, if not already there. I don't condone this practice with youth athletes, but it is the way sports works.

I do not totally agree. It makes great copy to put the wonderfully athletically gifted morons in pro sports on the front page or lead story. It does not make good copy or stories covering the other 98% who work their butts off to become and stay a pro athlete. No one want to hear about the guys making the right decisions and leading a good life. If your kid is being coached by someone who gives star treatment to a kid, who does not have a clear set of standards he sticks to then you should leave that program.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by campeon 3/31/2011, 9:29 am

my2cents wrote:
campeon wrote:
Running wrote:
DownTown21 wrote:
campeon wrote:

I get what you are saying and agree with your philosophy. Unfortunately, I do not think that is how it works out in the real sports world. To put is bluntly, the most talented and best performers on any given team are given special treatment. If a kid can perform on field, Court of diamond, he is coddled, rewarded and made to be a star. He can skip all the practices, still start, and be the captain as long as he scores or produces. That is the way it is in pro sports and is filtering down to kids sports, if not already there. I don't condone this practice with youth athletes, but it is the way sports works.

I do not totally agree. It makes great copy to put the wonderfully athletically gifted morons in pro sports on the front page or lead story. It does not make good copy or stories covering the other 98% who work their butts off to become and stay a pro athlete. No one want to hear about the guys making the right decisions and leading a good life. If your kid is being coached by someone who gives star treatment to a kid, who does not have a clear set of standards he sticks to then you should leave that program.
Parece que mal interpretaste todo, precisamente se trata de no tener ESTRELLAS en el equipo,y el capitan no tiene que ser el mejor jugador," puede "si tiene los pies en la tierra y no se siente superior a los demas, y tiene liderazgo.

campeon
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by WRG 3/31/2011, 9:42 am

my2cents wrote:
campeon wrote:
Running wrote:
DownTown21 wrote:
campeon wrote:

I agree that this situation is not a good one. However, I do think it will only increase that the best players will get special treatment. The parents want to win as can be clearly seen all across these boards. They have scores thread for 04 boys. IF the coach sits the best players because they are not at practice or goof off and do not have a serious attitude, the coach will not have a team very long. The parents will cry for him to play the stars so the team can win. I have seen it time and time again. The fact is, if you can perform, you are untouchable.

WRG
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next