Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Team Captain role? - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Team Captain role?

+12
b0013
Soccerinsanity
Freeatlast
kickit
eco185
omega striker
plantit
WRG
drsoccer
my2cents
P1er
DownTown21
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Team Captain role? - Page 2 Empty Re: Team Captain role?

Post by WRG 3/31/2011, 9:42 am

my2cents wrote:
campeon wrote:
Running wrote:
DownTown21 wrote:
campeon wrote:
DownTown21 wrote:Tonight in a parents team meeting our coach tried to justify missed practices by players. By stating that sometimes parents have hardships. In today's times, we all have hardships too, but we make it a point for our kids to attend practices.

I put this question to the coach, his club and all parents on our team. Since when does a coach have to justify a player that has missed 80% of practices to be TEAM CAPTAIN, when there are at least three or four other players as good or better that always attend practice? But are not rewarded.

I always thought that a TEAM CAPTAIN duty was to be a role model for his team. This coach has no idea how this players feel about the issue. Forget about trying to explain the issue to the parents.

I will admit I did discuss the issue of him using my son as a goalkeeper everytime the GK does not show up. But to my surprise was his comments and how he threw half of the parents under the bus to justify his coaching.

Tell us about your team captains? Please don't used players names.Thanks. confused
Ciertamente el Capitan es una pieza muy importante, o mas bien dicho el mas importante, "tiene que ser un muy buen jugador,RESPETUOSO,RESPONSABLE,Y CARISMATICO,un capitan no solamente dirige a su equipo,sino que tiene que lograr que todos esten integrados y persiguiendo un fin en EQUIPO y no individualmente,no tiene que ser el mejor jugador, pero siempre debe dar un buen ejemplo,en el equipo de nosotros nuestro capitan, le falla un poquito la responsabilidad y estamos trabajando en eso,es un defensa central, de los mejores que yo he visto, y tiene muy buena quimica con todos sus companeros,y es muy objetivo a la hora de opinar en las fallas o aciertos que esta teniendo el equipo,SIN UN BUEN CAPITAN, es muy dificil guiar a un equipo.

Hopefully my spanish is good enough, but I posting this in english and spanish.

Su derecho toda la razón de que es una pieza muy importante, o más bien que lo más importante debe ser un jugador muy bueno, respetuoso, responsable y carismático, un capitán no sólo conduce a su equipo. Pero el problema está en América que predicar con el ejemplo, no lo que haces en el campo el día del juego. Asistir a las prácticas debe ser una prioridad al igual que cuando usted asiste a los juegos. Así es como te respetado por sus pares. Si mi hijo va a ser el honor por el entrenador o sus compañeros de equipo como capitán, me encontraría una manera de asegurarse de que llegue a tiempo y con regularidad, incluso si tengo que robar, mendigar o pedir prestado. ¿Crees que es justo para su hijo para mostrar a todas las prácticas y algunos no muestran, pero se ven recompensados ​​con el tiempo jugando más de los cometidos? Sé que siempre habrá una excepción a la regla, porque la escuela o la familia de vez en cuando. Pero perder más el entonces tres cuartas partes de las prácticas es una falta de respeto a su entrenador y compañeros de equipo.
Tenemos un dicho en América que el plomo, el seguir o salir del camino. Recuerde que es los valores que como padres enseñar a nuestros niños que hacen la diferencia cuando crezcan. Las excusas son las herramientas de los débiles e incompetentes para la construcción de monumentos de la nada. Los que eligen para sobresalir en ellos rara vez se destacan en nada en la vida.

Your right absolutely right that it is a very important piece, or rather that the most important must be a very good player, respectful, responsible, and charismatic, a captain not only leads his team. But the problem is in American you lead by example, not what you do on the field on game day. Attending practices should be a priority just like when you attend games. That is how you get respected by your peers. If my son is going to be honor by the coach or teammates as captain, I myself would find a way to make sure he gets there on time and regularly even if I have to steal, beg or borrow. Do you think it fair for your kid to show up to every practice and a few not show, but get rewarded with more playing time then the committed ones? I know there will always be exception to the rule because of school or family once in a while. But to miss more the then three fourths of the practices is disrespectful to his coach and teammates.
We have a saying in American you lead, follow or get out of the way. Remember it’s the values we as parents teach our kids that will make the difference when they grow up. Excuses are tools of the weak and incompetent used to build monuments of nothingness. Those who choose to excel in them seldom excel in anything in life.

I get what you are saying and agree with your philosophy. Unfortunately, I do not think that is how it works out in the real sports world. To put is bluntly, the most talented and best performers on any given team are given special treatment. If a kid can perform on field, Court of diamond, he is coddled, rewarded and made to be a star. He can skip all the practices, still start, and be the captain as long as he scores or produces. That is the way it is in pro sports and is filtering down to kids sports, if not already there. I don't condone this practice with youth athletes, but it is the way sports works.
Crying or Very sad Totalmente de acuerdo!!!!!!!!
I totally agree with you!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not totally agree. It makes great copy to put the wonderfully athletically gifted morons in pro sports on the front page or lead story. It does not make good copy or stories covering the other 98% who work their butts off to become and stay a pro athlete. No one want to hear about the guys making the right decisions and leading a good life. If your kid is being coached by someone who gives star treatment to a kid, who does not have a clear set of standards he sticks to then you should leave that program.

I agree that this situation is not a good one. However, I do think it will only increase that the best players will get special treatment. The parents want to win as can be clearly seen all across these boards. They have scores thread for 04 boys. IF the coach sits the best players because they are not at practice or goof off and do not have a serious attitude, the coach will not have a team very long. The parents will cry for him to play the stars so the team can win. I have seen it time and time again. The fact is, if you can perform, you are untouchable.

WRG
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Yak Attack 4/2/2011, 7:02 pm

plantit wrote:

Coach is a check casher , no more no less, bet the club is real proud to call him one of their own..

Yep that is what this sounds like. Not good. I really hate to hear about this type of situation. Clubs should have an open policy to bring these types of issues forward, and addressed. Put the coach on probation and then send him away of he can't correct the error of his ways.
Yak Attack
Yak Attack
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 4/3/2011, 3:16 am

Yak Attack wrote:
plantit wrote:

Coach is a check casher , no more no less, bet the club is real proud to call him one of their own..

Yep that is what this sounds like. Not good. I really hate to hear about this type of situation. Clubs should have an open policy to bring these types of issues forward, and addressed. Put the coach on probation and then send him away of he can't correct the error of his ways.

Coach blew to much of his country's gross domestic product in the 80"s to make rational decisions. I would be shocked if the club interviened . Coach follows an agenda that is beyond sensibility, Kiss that ass and show me the cash.. Agian from a professional organization , you would think they would hold their staff to a higher set of ethics.. Will we move on to seek better coaches within the club ??? ................ Yes ... We do feel the CLUB is on the right path . As a professional organization all anyone can hope is that they read their coaches evaluations and for once frekin do something about it!!

For cry sakes they are the ALPHA male in this game,, coaches should be pounding down their doors,Chomppin at the bit to coach for them . Why discredit the other wonderful coaches they have within the organization,, ... WAKE FU$KIN UP!! The 99 team??? 1/4 don't pay and the other 1/4 don't show for practice Same as the d-2 d-3, hell in alot of combined practices we might have fielded 18- 20 kids .. FCD WAKE THE F UP!!! YOU are the ALPHA male in our soccer community.. Set the bar moving forward as a true PROFESSIONAL club. From player dedication, to the money , to the trivial agenda of your coaches, hold them accountable . You are the PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATION ,,, act like one....
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/3/2011, 2:24 pm

Spot on again, Plantit! More of a problem than just at FCD. The question is...how do we change it? How do we get our bbs coaches that are skilled coaches and have integrity?

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 4/3/2011, 5:01 pm

whyme wrote:Spot on again, Plantit! More of a problem than just at FCD. The question is...how do we change it? How do we get our bbs coaches that are skilled coaches and have integrity?

Start by having the balls to fire someone that lacks either of those qualities. Promote from within the ones that have demonstrated good character, Teach them the way / system you would like them to coach. Have the coaches provide to the team all expense reports for tournaments, this will remove at least the integrity issues connected to the money. What can they possibly be worried about if they are honest. Monitor the coaches and every once in a while demonstrate the willingness to at least listen to your consumer ( the paying parents ) we are not all crazy and who knows we may even be right once in a while .
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by DownTown21 4/3/2011, 5:42 pm

plantit wrote:
whyme wrote:Spot on again, Plantit! More of a problem than just at FCD. The question is...how do we change it? How do we get our bbs coaches that are skilled coaches and have integrity?

Start by having the balls to fire someone that lacks either of those qualities. Promote from within the ones that have demonstrated good character, Teach them the way / system you would like them to coach. Have the coaches provide to the team all expense reports for tournaments, this will remove at least the integrity issues connected to the money. What can they possibly be worried about if they are honest. Monitor the coaches and every once in a while demonstrate the willingness to at least listen to your consumer ( the paying parents ) we are not all crazy and who knows we may even be right once in a while .

It's ironic, but I did go to the Director of Coaching and my son was released within 24 hours. The coach had to sign the release form too. But this coach in his own aggogant way told me the next day in spanish; "I'm like a Tiger, one more black mark against my coat will not show or make a difference."

The next day while resigning my release, he told me that his GK was the best player on the team, but not only as the GK but the best defender and best forward/striker.He also stated that good players don't have to attend practice if they play good on the field on game day.

I wonder if that's the same player that TFC Blue scored 3 PK's this morning and missed his PK shot?

Another irony is his coach always stating is spanish "Con Dios todo, sin Dios nada" meaning with "with God everything,without God nothing". Well the bible also states "Be not deceived, God is not mocked; whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he reap" (Galatians 6:7).
DownTown21
DownTown21
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : In the toliet with my andriod, keeping up on current soccer events.

Back to top Go down

Post by GoWide 4/3/2011, 7:02 pm

Downtown21, Yes it was the same keeper. But do not blame the kid for what life has delt him! Not all families have the same advantages. Address your anger with the coach and leave the 14 Year old boy out, Please. His life has enough drama with out you airing it here!

GoWide
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DownTown21 4/3/2011, 8:44 pm

GoWide wrote:Downtown21, Yes it was the same keeper. But do not blame the kid for what life has delt him! Not all families have the same advantages. Address your anger with the coach and leave the 14 Year old boy out, Please. His life has enough drama with out you airing it here!

I don't blame the kid, but the coach. He praises and thinks the world his player. Just last Tuesday he sat in his car bragging about him. Telling me that the team's success was all because of him. On the other hand I will not comment what he said about mine and others on his team.

He's the one that putting him in the spotlight, so that's life in the limelight. Guess his coach knows nothing about TEAM WORK.

As for excuses on disadvantages and drama. I don't know of any one family that doesn't have any. This is the real world, as for my Kid, he also has had disadvantages and drama in this life, but I don't make any excuses. All he wanted was an opportunity and that's why he committed his time and effort to the organization, coach and his team mates.

Ninety-nine percent of the failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses. Not managing ones time and making excuses are two bad habits. Don't put them both together by claiming you "don't have the time".

Under the leadership of this coach, the state of team is not becoming stronger. Comments like these are pulling apart rather than pulling together.Guess if a coach is going to call out a player and use him as the teams example, to me and others. That player and parents better be ready to take the good and the bad that comes with the ride.

DownTown21
DownTown21
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : In the toliet with my andriod, keeping up on current soccer events.

Back to top Go down

Post by futbolnutt 4/3/2011, 9:12 pm

plantit wrote:
Yak Attack wrote:
plantit wrote:

Coach blew to much of his country's gross domestic product in the 80"s to make rational decisions. I would be shocked if the club interviened . Coach follows an agenda that is beyond sensibility, Kiss that ass and show me the cash.. Agian from a professional organization , you would think they would hold their staff to a higher set of ethics.. Will we move on to seek better coaches within the club ??? ................ Yes ... We do feel the CLUB is on the right path . As a professional organization all anyone can hope is that they read their coaches evaluations and for once frekin do something about it!!

For cry sakes they are the ALPHA male in this game,, coaches should be pounding down their doors,Chomppin at the bit to coach for them . Why discredit the other wonderful coaches they have within the organization,, ... WAKE FU$KIN UP!! The 99 team??? 1/4 don't pay and the other 1/4 don't show for practice Same as the d-2 d-3, hell in alot of combined practices we might have fielded 18- 20 kids .. FCD WAKE THE F UP!!! YOU are the ALPHA male in our soccer community.. Set the bar moving forward as a true PROFESSIONAL club. From player dedication, to the money , to the trivial agenda of your coaches, hold them accountable . You are the PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATION ,,, act like one....

Plantit, it starts at the top, CH. Got have integrity at that level before it is flowing through the organization. Been there; done that.

futbolnutt
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 4/4/2011, 2:10 am

DownTown21 wrote:
plantit wrote:

It's ironic, but I did go to the Director of Coaching and my son was released within 24 hours. The coach had to sign the release form too. But this coach in his own aggogant way told me the next day in spanish; "I'm like a Tiger, one more black mark against my coat will not show or make a difference."

The next day while resigning my release, he told me that his GK was the best player on the team, but not only as the GK but the best defender and best forward/striker.He also stated that good players don't have to attend practice if they play good on the field on game day.

I wonder if that's the same player that TFC Blue scored 3 PK's this morning and missed his PK shot?

Another irony is his coach always stating is spanish "Con Dios todo, sin Dios nada" meaning with "with God everything,without God nothing". Well the bible also states "Be not deceived, God is not mocked; whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he reap" (Galatians 6:7).

I would not doubt that "Tiger" comment for a second ... The arrogance of the statement is comical because he knows FCD isn't going to do a damn thing about it..$hit ,, He's a foreign born ex pro player ,, Where will they "ever" find another ??. Mailed it in the second he knew there was no accountability.. Now why not " Bitch" slap um around a little for good measure..They knew what they had last year... A coach that basically ran his d-3 team to relegation. And what did he get ?? Another team and a d-2 bye .. Sounds like punishment to me.. Requirements to make his 99 d-1 team 97 d-2 ? Forget ,hard work , dedication, character,.. Can you play/score, can you cuss in spanish, are you big,will you pay me,will you " kiss that ass ", never fold your arms in my presence , only communicate your concerns through my mng(he will deem if your concerns are worty of my time ), and never question a thing. Sounds proffessional to me!!

This will really have you rolling on the floor .. If a d-1 bye opens up in the 97 division ,they are going to hand that to him. Now can you see where the arrogance is gestated... HE KNOWS!!!

Last edited by plantit on 4/4/2011, 2:59 am; edited 1 time in total
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 4/4/2011, 2:39 am

futbolnutt wrote:
plantit wrote:
Yak Attack wrote:
plantit wrote:

Plantit, it starts at the top, CH. Got have integrity at that level before it is flowing through the organization. Been there; done that.

It's a broken record..
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/4/2011, 9:17 am

Anyone ever went above CH?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2