Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

96'B RESULTS Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

96'B RESULTS

+6
off_the_woodwork
centermiddad
my2cents
soccermom040
soccerdad1
CH1
10 posters

Go down

96'B RESULTS Empty 96'B RESULTS

Post by CH1 3/22/2011, 9:04 am

Are there any surprises or predictions based on the opening weekend in 96?
CH1
CH1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

96'B RESULTS Empty Re: 96'B RESULTS

Post by soccerdad1 3/22/2011, 8:16 pm

The tornados losing their 1st game in over 12 months was a bit of a surprise in D2.
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom040 3/23/2011, 4:22 pm

TOR lost back in June; they were close to one year w/o losing a game. They beat FCD 2-1 the 1st time around so I don't think this could be classified as a shocker. Regardless, I think TOR is the better team; must of been "one of those days".

NT Strikers got waxed pretty good... wonder if the wheels have flown off for that team.

I like the battle going on for 3rd & 4th in D1. Tejanos, FCD, and DTR... should be good down the stretch.

Could DTRW make a run for 2nd in D2? Won't that be nice... if they advance to D1, and DTR leave next yr for academy, you'll have DTW in D1. Gotta love it! Rolling Eyes
soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 3/23/2011, 10:01 pm

DTRW's season comes pretty much down to this weekend when they play the 2nd place Tornados. If they win then they are within one game and Tornados still have ODY on the schedule.
Would love to see the Tejanos go top three in D1

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by centermiddad 3/24/2011, 7:57 am

Tornados plyed like _____ this past weekend. This week they got the keeper back, and a key forward both from injuries. They are well aware of this weekends game. Ody tie was a bit of a suprise to some of us as well. Rain Rain stay away.......
centermiddad
centermiddad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CH1 3/24/2011, 8:22 am

Are the top teams of DI moving to academy next season? .......(yes, I've been living under a rock)....if so seems Andro-Titans-Solar fighting to stay....
CH1
CH1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by off_the_woodwork 3/24/2011, 9:08 am

CH1 wrote:Are the top teams of DI moving to academy next season? .......(yes, I've been living under a rock)....if so seems Andro-Titans-Solar fighting to stay....
Doesn't really matter because if the top 4 go to academy the clubs will still own the byes for Classic D1. So they will fill those byes with some team from somewhere. I don't see any of those clubs giving up a D1 bye.
This means D1 talent base will be very diluted next season - just look at what happened with the 95's this year if you want a preview. There will be several D2 teams which will be better than the bottom half of D1 next season. Because of the way CCSAI handles these byes, Classic D1 no longer has anywhere close to the status that is used to, especially at U16 and later.

off_the_woodwork
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom040 3/24/2011, 12:19 pm

Solar, DTR, and FCD will definitely head to Academy. Not sure about Andro Red.
All the outstanding players will head to FCD tryouts; those who don't make it will filter down to the other 3. Regardless, I think the '96 class is deep in talent, enough for 4 academy teams to form.
I agree, D1 after U15 is very watered down. Being in D1 is not the same; college showcases are more important at this age. So now there is the cost of the clubs, cost of playing CL, additional showcase tourneys, and possible travel... who says the economy is bad?
soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Crochet 3/25/2011, 8:15 am

soccermom040 wrote:Solar, DTR, and FCD will definitely head to Academy. Not sure about Andro Red.
All the outstanding players will head to FCD tryouts; those who don't make it will filter down to the other 3. Regardless, I think the '96 class is deep in talent, enough for 4 academy teams to form.
I agree, D1 after U15 is very watered down. Being in D1 is not the same; college showcases are more important at this age. So now there is the cost of the clubs, cost of playing CL, additional showcase tourneys, and possible travel... who says the economy is bad?

Why would all the outstanding players head to FCD tryouts? All but a couple of the outstanding players are already on the other three teams?
Crochet
Crochet
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by off_the_woodwork 3/25/2011, 12:07 pm

Crochet wrote:
soccermom040 wrote:Solar, DTR, and FCD will definitely head to Academy. Not sure about Andro Red.

Why would all the outstanding players head to FCD tryouts? All but a couple of the outstanding players are already on the other three teams?
I agree - if anything FCD could find themselves losing some of their outstanding players to other academies. One reason is that many of these boys want to play High School soccer, which isn't allowed if you're in FCD academy. To my knowledge the other 3 are still allowing HS play. Some folks like to trivialize this but playing HS soccer is important to a lot of these guys.

off_the_woodwork
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom040 3/25/2011, 12:25 pm

Isn't FCD academy funded by the pro franchise? That's why the boys are not allowed to play HS ball... FCD funds them being on the academy team. They don't want their investment getting hurt while playing hack ball in HS. The outstanding players will try out with FCD first b/c it's cheaper. For most families(that means not rich), its a no brainer. If you're good enough to make FCD academy, why would you go pay to play with another academy?
soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by off_the_woodwork 3/25/2011, 1:58 pm

soccermom040 wrote:Isn't FCD academy funded by the pro franchise? That's why the boys are not allowed to play HS ball... FCD funds them being on the academy team. They don't want their investment getting hurt while playing hack ball in HS. The outstanding players will try out with FCD first b/c it's cheaper. For most families(that means not rich), its a no brainer. If you're good enough to make FCD academy, why would you go pay to play with another academy?
HS soccer may be hack ball, but many of the boys still enjoy it. Especially ones from strong soccer schools (Plano, Coppell, FM Marcus, etc). If you want to look at academy players affect on HS teams go and watch Southlake play. I know my 9th grader would give up club before HS - he just enjoys HS

off_the_woodwork
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ontherightside 3/25/2011, 2:52 pm

soccermom040 wrote:Isn't FCD academy funded by the pro franchise? That's why the boys are not allowed to play HS ball... FCD funds them being on the academy team. They don't want their investment getting hurt while playing hack ball in HS. The outstanding players will try out with FCD first b/c it's cheaper. For most families(that means not rich), its a no brainer. If you're good enough to make FCD academy, why would you go pay to play with another academy?

Texans are free as well, and I thought Solar was, too. Only Andro not free for Academy.

ontherightside
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 3/25/2011, 2:56 pm

ontherightside wrote:

Texans are free as well, and I thought Solar was, too. Only Andro not free for Academy.

Free as in no fees but you still must pay all travel costs which are about equal what the club would have been. FCD is a full free ride includung travel costs and equipment.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ontherightside 3/25/2011, 2:58 pm

Nice! Did not know that.

ontherightside
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CH1 3/25/2011, 3:08 pm

Does that mean that DTR,FCD,Solar,Andro Red all vacate the DI spot...but their lower level teams will mvoe up into those places?...basically the 2 teams (Solar-Andro)that could face de-regulation would remain and DII teams would move up (Texans-FCD) ....and does that mean all the DIII and PPL/APL would move into their spots?
CH1
CH1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom040 3/25/2011, 3:32 pm

Nothing wrong with enjoying HS ball. HS soccer is what it is, a social outlet, not a haven for soccer growth. But for FCD academy, it's not about enjoying HS ball, it's about protecting their investment. Players that are serious about elevating their game tryout for academy teams. Those that are good enough make FCD academy... remember, they get the biggest turn out b/c money is not a factor. If I were paying hard earned money for academy ball, I wouldn't want to increase the risk of injury in HS. If my kid is going to get hurt, let it be during academy practices or games, not b/c of an ill advised slide tackle from Gwar the linebacker.
It's a choice that parents have to make... just like the one they make when they pay over 3K for club soccer.
soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom040 3/25/2011, 3:35 pm

And yes... the big four clubs leaving for academy create the ripple affect through CL and sometimes even PL/APL. That's why the level of play in CL after U15 takes a nose dive.
soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by starbuck 3/26/2011, 5:37 pm

off_the_woodwork wrote:
HS soccer may be hack ball, but many of the boys still enjoy it. Especially ones from strong soccer schools (Plano, Coppell, FM Marcus, etc). If you want to look at academy players affect on HS teams go and watch Southlake play. I know my 9th grader would give up club before HS - he just enjoys HS

The general concensus outside the closed world of select soccer is, if you can play and you're an athlete, play high school ball.....if not, you gotta pay.....

starbuck
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by THE NEEDLE 3/27/2011, 11:58 pm

Crochet wrote:

Mainly because FCD pays for everything and if the player has professional aspirations it is a direct path.

For those who don't mind a bit of kickball and screaming coaches, Texans and Solar are options.

Andromeda academy teams are nothing more than classic league level. It remains to be seen if they exist next year. If so, it will likley be under a different moniker.
THE NEEDLE
THE NEEDLE
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down