Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

98B - President's Cup predictions Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

98B - President's Cup predictions

+5
just4fun
eredivisie
M Patient
wahbs
Freeatlast
9 posters

Go down

98B - President's Cup predictions Empty 98B - President's Cup predictions

Post by Freeatlast 3/29/2011, 6:13 pm

Order of Finish in Brackets:
Bracket A
FC DALLAS 98B BLUE
WEST TEXAS UNITED SOCKERS 98
LUBBOCK LONESTAR LONESTAR 98
ANDROMEDA 98B WHITE

Bracket B
FORT WORTH FC 98B WHITE
HIGH PLAINS DRIFTERS 98 BOYS
ASG 98B GOLD WEST
NSYSA FW TOROS 98B

Bracket C
HUFC 98 BOYS BLACK
LIVERPOOL 98B
TEXAS TITANS FUTBOL TEXAS TITANS 98 ETX BLACK
TEXAS XTREME FC 98B

Semis:
FCD Blue vs Liverpool (Wild Card)

FWFC White vs. HUFC

Final:
FCD Blue vs. FWFC White

Champion:
FWFC

Freeatlast
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

98B - President's Cup predictions Empty Re: 98B - President's Cup predictions

Post by wahbs 4/2/2011, 9:01 pm

Here are the actual results up the the semi-finals:

Order of Finish in Brackets:
Bracket A
WEST TEXAS UNITED SOCKERS 98
LUBBOCK LONESTAR LONESTAR 98
ANDROMEDA 98B WHITE
FC DALLAS 98B BLUE

Bracket B
ASG 98B GOLD WEST
HIGH PLAINS DRIFTERS 98 BOYS
NSYSA FW TOROS 98B
FORT WORTH FC 98B WHITE

Bracket C
HUFC 98 BOYS BLACK
TEXAS TITANS FUTBOL TEXAS TITANS 98 ETX BLACK
LIVERPOOL 98B
TEXAS XTREME FC 98B

Semis:
WEST TEXAS UNITED SOCKERS 98 vs LUBBOCK LONESTAR LONESTAR 98(Wild Card)

ASG 98B GOLD WEST vs. HUFC 98 BOYS BLACK

wahbs
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by M Patient 4/3/2011, 10:13 am

wahbs wrote:
Semis:
WEST TEXAS UNITED SOCKERS 98 vs LUBBOCK LONESTAR LONESTAR 98(Wild Card)

ASG 98B GOLD WEST vs. HUFC 98 BOYS BLACK

Update us on the results, scores
M Patient
M Patient
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeatlast 4/3/2011, 11:06 am

Well, my predictions were worthless. The most interesting thing about this tournament, I think, is that there were 4 Classic League D2 teams in it and none of them made it to the finals. The D2 teams were the highest rated going in since there were no D1 teams in this, but D3 and non-CL teams knocked them out. Only Hurst United made even the semi-finals. Really makes you wonder about how strong D2 is at this point in time.

Freeatlast
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by eredivisie 4/3/2011, 2:51 pm

I thnk it is more a reflection on the state of mind of the teams participating rather than D2 itself. These were the bottom teams and had a rough year. Players are abandoning them already and you could tell from the effort that they were not long for the teams. On the other hand, this was an opportunity for the other teams to "prove" they belong.

I wouldn't read too much into these results.

eredivisie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by just4fun 4/3/2011, 4:07 pm

eredivisie wrote:I thnk it is more a reflection on the state of mind of the teams participating rather than D2 itself. These were the bottom teams and had a rough year. Players are abandoning them already and you could tell from the effort that they were not long for the teams. On the other hand, this was an opportunity for the other teams to "prove" they belong.

I agree because we all know there is just no way a team from Arlington could beat a DALLAS CLASSIC team! They must have cheated or used guest players! And that TX Titans team from Plano is in the middle of the pack in Div 2 in Plano!!! We know they had to have cheated to beat Liver Pool and only lose to HUFC by 1 goal!! They need to investigate those scoundrels, it just can't be true! If only Pachua Academy had played this tournament!!

just4fun
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by wahbs 4/3/2011, 11:39 pm

Final Results

Semis
West Texas United 1 Lubbock 0
ASG Gold West 2 HUFC 1

Championship
West Texas United 2 ASG Gold West 0

wahbs
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 4/4/2011, 8:10 am

I agree because we all know there is just no way a team from Arlington could beat a DALLAS CLASSIC team! They must have cheated or used guest players! And that TX Titans team from Plano is in the middle of the pack in Div 2 in Plano!!! We know they had to have cheated to beat Liver Pool and only lose to HUFC by 1 goal!! They need to investigate those scoundrels, it just can't be true! If only Pachua Academy had played this tournament!! [/quote]

The west texas team is hardly a Arlington premier team. They went undefeated in their origional league and decided to play in N Texas. They had to start at Arlington to play their way in to classic league. They will probably play D3 next season and would not be surprised to see them go undefeated there too. Liverpool is a beaten team with a great coach. Would expect to see a different roster next year. For the west tex team I say be careful what you ask for. Once you go classic it won't be long before big clubs come calling for those couple of stars you have.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 4/4/2011, 5:05 pm

just4fun wrote:
eredivisie wrote:I thnk it is more a reflection on the state of mind of the teams participating rather than D2 itself. These were the bottom teams and had a rough year. Players are abandoning them already and you could tell from the effort that they were not long for the teams. On the other hand, this was an opportunity for the other teams to "prove" they belong.

I agree because we all know there is just no way a team from Arlington could beat a DALLAS CLASSIC team! They must have cheated or used guest players! And that TX Titans team from Plano is in the middle of the pack in Div 2 in Plano!!! We know they had to have cheated to beat Liver Pool and only lose to HUFC by 1 goal!! They need to investigate those scoundrels, it just can't be true! If only Pachua Academy had played this tournament!!
Pachuca Academy is a great team but also a team made up several former D1 players so not exactly a "team full of PPL" experienced players but for sure a team playing next year in D3 and there is still a battle for the second spot there between Inter and FC Hawks so if the West Tx United team is anykind of good they will have to be come challenge time! Good luck either way!
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeatlast 4/4/2011, 9:38 pm

Not so sure that it was just lack of interest; What did D3 Andro White have to play for, other than pride? But they didn't finish last in their bracket, like FCDBlue. FWFC White was in the middle of D2, not the bottom, and they didn't get out of bracket either. I can see a couple of D2 teams letting down, but not 1 in 4 able to get to the finals? Looks like more parity than some would have supposed.

Freeatlast
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 4/4/2011, 9:51 pm

well you can read whatever parity you want to into it but FCD blue is still in d2 and Plano Premiere is still just that. You can play your way into a bigger show or just keep taking solice in the occasional win. D2 teams on occasion win against D1 teams but it's still not D1 and yes the quality is still higher between the two. You can chew on a cows ass all you want, it still doesn't make it filet mignon.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeatlast 4/4/2011, 10:06 pm

go99 wrote: You can chew on a cows ass all you want, it still doesn't make it filet mignon.

Whoa! Eat more Chikin! Laughing

Freeatlast
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by just4fun 4/5/2011, 5:39 am

go99 wrote:well you can read whatever parity you want to into it but FCD blue is still in d2 and Plano Premiere is still just that. You can play your way into a bigger show or just keep taking solice in the occasional win. D2 teams on occasion win against D1 teams but it's still not D1 and yes the quality is still higher between the two. You can chew on a cows ass all you want, it still doesn't make it filet mignon.

I believe the problem arises when someone takes a handful of ground beef, wraps it all pretty in bacon and sells it as filet mignon to someone to stupid to know the difference!! Just sayin!!

just4fun
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 4/5/2011, 9:22 am

If history repeats itself then you are very wrong. The 95 presidents cup team from two seasons ago is currently in 5th place in D1 and last year's 96 team just secured promotiom to D1 with three games left in the season.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom97b 4/5/2011, 11:21 am

Similar story in U14 age group - no classic league teams in championship game, 1st Place Plano and 1st Place Arlington battled it out.
soccermom97b
soccermom97b
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down