Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Our soccer world upside down Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Our soccer world upside down

+10
futbolnutt
omega striker
go99
kickrz
bunited
happyfeet
Ibystander
CLUB31
SDadX2
allen04
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Our soccer world upside down Empty Our soccer world upside down

Post by Guest 5/2/2011, 12:00 pm

Don't you think it is hilarious guys ? Look, this is the first week-end of the State cup, biggest youth tournament in Texas (dallas cup aside). The 00, 99, 98,97, 96... played all week-end long in order to claim the state championship...Well, which thread is active this morning on the board ? The 04s (which is not even a year listed) !!! Those parents have exchanged like 50 emails after their saturday blue-sky indoor game !!! All the other age groups ? 0 !
How do we explain that ?

Back to top Go down

Our soccer world upside down Empty Re: Our soccer world upside down

Post by allen04 5/2/2011, 12:05 pm

How do we explain that ?
cheers

Can't blaim Bin Laden...
allen04
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SDadX2 5/2/2011, 12:06 pm

allen04 wrote:
How do we explain that ?
cheers

Can't blaim Bin Laden...
Laughing

SDadX2
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CLUB31 5/2/2011, 12:38 pm

Gabba- It's easy the 04's are just happy their kids are running in the right direction. The 99's,98's,97's with all this new academy, combined with the shake-up of Andromeda and the lack of information coming out 80% of kids and parents don't know what their team will look like much less where they will be playing. To many ????'s that's why.

CLUB31
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 5/2/2011, 12:49 pm

I think we're all still recovering from our heart murmurs Sunday. Many of us were either anticipating or dreading the lightning sirens. Give us a day or two and we will clobber those 04s.

Last edited by Ibystander on 5/3/2011, 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by happyfeet 5/2/2011, 1:24 pm

It's because the parents all take soccer way too seriously...and think their kids will all get college scholarships. Laughing
Ever notice how there is an inverse relationship between the kids age and the number of posts for that age group? Reality finally hits...or they just get totally burned out!
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bunited 5/2/2011, 1:28 pm

gababa wrote:Don't you think it is hilarious guys ? Look, this is the first week-end of the State cup, biggest youth tournament in Texas (dallas cup aside). The 00, 99, 98,97, 96... played all week-end long in order to claim the state championship...Well, which thread is active this morning on the board ? The 04s (which is not even a year listed) !!! Those parents have exchanged like 50 emails after their saturday blue-sky indoor game !!! All the other age groups ? 0 !
How do we explain that ?

So what are you saying? That people with kids who are only 6 or 7 should be following what the 11-15 year olds are doing? I would think that rather odd, wouldn't you? Rolling Eyes
bunited
bunited
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/2/2011, 1:37 pm

Ibystander wrote:I think we're all still recovering from our heart murmurs Sunday. Many of us were either anticipating or dreading the lightening sirens. Give us a day or two and we will clobber those 04s.
Well that's a good example. There are plenty of things worth talking about from that week-end. Upsets on the field, interesting stuff with the refs (did you see for once there was an overlooking of the ref), crazy weather, sirens, cancelled games but nobody talks.
There even was a top d1 team beat 3-0 by a d2 team and nobody mentions that !

Back to top Go down

Post by kickrz 5/2/2011, 1:43 pm

gababa wrote:Don't you think it is hilarious guys ? Look, this is the first week-end of the State cup, biggest youth tournament in Texas (dallas cup aside). The 00, 99, 98,97, 96... played all week-end long in order to claim the state championship...Well, which thread is active this morning on the board ? The 04s (which is not even a year listed) !!! Those parents have exchanged like 50 emails after their saturday blue-sky indoor game !!! All the other age groups ? 0 !
How do we explain that ?

You must be on one of those teams, expect to win, and suddenly realized noone cares. Did a quick look at the Classic League standings and compared them to the State Cup scores. Congratulations, your team is a favorite to "win it all." Nothing to see here folks. Just keep moving. Very Happy

kickrz
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/2/2011, 1:46 pm

kickrz wrote:
How do we explain that ?

You must be on one of those teams, expect to win, and suddenly realized noone cares. Did a quick look at the Classic League standings and compared them to the State Cup scores. Congratulations, your team is a favorite to "win it all." Nothing to see here folks. Just keep moving. Very Happy
Well , I guess it is thanks to these clever type of remarks that we don't talk anymore. Thanks for coming, you proved my point !

Back to top Go down

Post by kickrz 5/2/2011, 1:51 pm

Sleep

kickrz
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by bunited 5/2/2011, 1:57 pm

kickrz wrote: Sleep

cheers Razz
bunited
bunited
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/2/2011, 2:14 pm

bunited wrote:
How do we explain that ?

So what are you saying? That people with kids who are only 6 or 7 should be following what the 11-15 year olds are doing? I would think that rather odd, wouldn't you? Rolling Eyes
Hey buddy, guess what, there were people talking about soccer before you came on that board. I was not expecting parents of 04 to comment on the state cup but all the parents that have always talked about soccer to keep on talking about it. How do you think go99 got 1600 posts ? Omega strikers 1167, finish got 1050 and I got 490 ? do you think we were talking about your kids ? We were talking about soccer in general and about our own age group and it is surprising that after posting 1000s of messages we don't talk anymore about what is our biggest tournament of the year.
Now Kickrz and bunited thanks very much for your clever inputs it really proves my point !

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 5/2/2011, 2:24 pm

wait! What? There was a state cup this weekend? How did everyone do? My 04 DD won the quickfoot this weekend undefeated in 6 games. Had a notebook and took some names and kicked a little ass. What's this state thing all about scratch
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/2/2011, 2:24 pm

I think it's burn-out, or maybe a better descriptor is really sadness. There's a lot of talk and a lot of parents realizing what some have said all along, "it's a business." But it's more than just how the coaches behave, it's also how the parents behave toward other teams and within their own team.

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 5/2/2011, 2:30 pm

gababa wrote:
bunited wrote:
How do we explain that ?

Hey buddy, guess what, there were people talking about soccer before you came on that board. I was not expecting parents of 04 to comment on the state cup but all the parents that have always talked about soccer to keep on talking about it. How do you think go99 got 1600 posts ? Omega strikers 1167, finish got 1050 and I got 490 ? do you think we were talking about your kids ? We were talking about soccer in general and about our own age group and it is surprising that after posting 1000s of messages we don't talk anymore about what is our biggest tournament of the year.
Now Kickrz and bunited thanks very much for your clever inputs it really proves my point !
just give me my reason to up my post count past Go99's!! lol! I didn't want to instigate but I have been waiting for somebody to start a 99' state cup thread and finally finally good ol' Axx kicked it off! and that top D1 team that got beat by a D2(now qualified D1) scored a goal get it right! what about the top D1 team trailing and manage to save face with a come-from-behind squeeker? what about the ongoing battle between Andro Red and Barcelona? good enough gabbabababababa.........ba! tongue
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by bunited 5/2/2011, 2:41 pm

gababa wrote:
bunited wrote:
How do we explain that ?

Sorry. Didn't realize this just came down to a pissing contest over who is more "soccerly" based on which stats they looked at or which games they attended over the weekend. Would you be surprised to know that we attended both '98 and '00 state cup games this weekend? Yes, we saw Diego get bitten by that Pachuca team (odd game, that one) and ML's boys win over Aztecas. We also attended games for TFC '02 girls in Plano, AND we talked about it over dinner. Followed the Andro 99s also, seeing as we know several of those players/parents.

How many points do I get now, "buddy?" Maybe it's a wash because I dared take part in '04 conversation. I guess I shoulda known better. Suddenly I feel very sad ... Crying or Very sad
bunited
bunited
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/2/2011, 3:06 pm

whyme wrote:I think it's burn-out, or maybe a better descriptor is really sadness. There's a lot of talk and a lot of parents realizing what some have said all along, "it's a business." But it's more than just how the coaches behave, it's also how the parents behave toward other teams and within their own team.
That was pretty much my own feeling. I am actually quite sad that the nice social aspect of our soccer world is fading behind series of annoyances and problems... Oh well, got to focus on the good.
At least we got Bin Laden.

Back to top Go down

Post by futbolnutt 5/2/2011, 3:20 pm

bunited wrote:
How do we explain that ?

Actually, that's a very good idea. Lots of knowledge and lessons learned from these parents. After U-15 there is very little posting by parents..they've already given up. affraid

futbolnutt
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bunited 5/2/2011, 3:21 pm

futbolnutt wrote:
bunited wrote:
How do we explain that ?

Actually, that's a very good idea. Lots of knowledge and lessons learned from these parents. After U-15 there is very little posting by parents..they've already given up. affraid

EXACTLY!! lol!
bunited
bunited
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/2/2011, 3:27 pm

Cancelled games have been rescheduled...check the website !

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 5/2/2011, 3:43 pm

who is this laden guy and what club does he coach for?

http://diaryofatravelteamcoach.blogspot.com/2011/05/results-may-vary.html
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 5/2/2011, 3:47 pm

Dare I dip a toe in the troll infested waters of the 99's? Why do the mid level teams even play state cup? Isn't it expensive for a tournament and for only a short 3 game dance it seems like the money could be better spent elsewhere like piching into the andro rainyday fund.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/2/2011, 3:52 pm

go99 wrote:Dare I dip a toe in the troll infested waters of the 99's? Why do the mid level teams even play state cup? Isn't it expensive for a tournament and for only a short 3 game dance it seems like the money could be better spent elsewhere like piching into the andro rainyday fund.
Did you see that all the out of town teams that entered in 00 and 99 got slaughtered ? I mean slaughtered : none of those teams even scored a single goal. That's quite telling.

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 5/2/2011, 3:55 pm

Just a taste of the pre academy? I think maybe I have been inspired by Gabadabado so suck it 04's. FYI the best 04 team in NTX is Liverpool 04 Daglish so take that to your internets and post it Twisted Evil
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next