Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

What's happening to TFC? Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

What's happening to TFC?

+55
aggiemt
avid03parent
jataca
wembley
protayus
SoccerXXX
rvpformvp
SEAOTTER
ilikesoccer3
coachdom
Rancho4C
Real Barcelona
Havefun
P1er
giampiero boniperti
Laimport
go99
looprevil
sonsofthunder
R1
CowboysFTW
GoWide
debit
davito
nearpost95
GoalieMom20
soccer4fun
FlatBack4
Number13
Admin
SoccerDunce
afrankw
fcd01bw
Gringo
omega striker
passfast
soccermom97b
shinguard
rocketpop
Freeatlast
The German
turf-a-lot
BR549
Durty-Tackle
tni12001
Soccerinsanity
NTskeptic
zBlast
madisonmyers
TheFlash
crazyET
odie1993
foghornleghorn
allen04
orange_tp
59 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

What's happening to TFC? Empty What's happening to TFC?

Post by orange_tp 6/10/2013, 10:20 am

Any rumors about TFC?
orange_tp
orange_tp
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

What's happening to TFC? Empty Re: What's happening to TFC?

Post by allen04 6/10/2013, 10:32 am

No "rumors" but I can tell you Ed P. is now only listed as a coach.

Reagan Angell has taken all boys and girls teams to Titans/Sting.
Alex Opoku has taken his academy boys to Titans, don't think he had girls.

I can say that divorce is nasty.
allen04
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by foghornleghorn 6/10/2013, 1:32 pm

allen04 wrote:No "rumors" but I can tell you Ed P. is now only listed as a coach.

Reagan Angell has taken all boys and girls teams to Titans/Sting.
Alex Opoku has taken his academy boys to Titans, don't think he had girls.

I can say that divorce is nasty.

Wes left to coach for Sting/Titans.

Toto left to be the Technical Director for Dallas Rush.

but this is all old news... any NEW developments?
foghornleghorn
foghornleghorn
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by odie1993 6/10/2013, 1:35 pm

several other coaches have left...

the president is no where on the website...

Ed is no longer listed on the executive coaching staff or board...

The board consists of 2 people now...

those are facts.

I will save the rumors I have heard for now.

Last edited by odie1993 on 6/10/2013, 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cannot type)
odie1993
odie1993
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/10/2013, 2:22 pm

I see this as a great opportunity for TFC to bring in new talent and start fresh. Perhaps some local teams that are just starting out and coaches that are looking to make a difference.

Just saying Arrow

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyET 6/10/2013, 2:34 pm

I know nothing about TFC but I saw a boys team playing in a 4v4 at Tomato Fest in Jacksonville, Texas this past weekend. Tomato Fest is pretty much slumming for a big-city club like TFC. Everyone knows we can't play soccer out here in Deliverance Country.
crazyET
crazyET
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/10/2013, 2:38 pm

crazyET wrote:I know nothing about TFC but I saw a boys team playing in a 4v4 at Tomato Fest in Jacksonville, Texas this past weekend. Tomato Fest is pretty much slumming for a big-city club like TFC. Everyone knows we can't play soccer out here in Deliverance Country.

That's because no one has told you to remove your spurs before the match Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by allen04 6/10/2013, 2:58 pm

I see this as a great opportunity for TFC to bring in new talent and start fresh.

While I would normally applaud someone for seeing the silver lining; in this case I will simply pass.

IF they survive the summer, they will likely have new talented coaches but it is very likely they will leave in a year anyway.

At this point there MAY NOT actually be anything wrong with the club but with the high number of defections and more I suspect are coming its demise is becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy.
allen04
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyET 6/10/2013, 3:05 pm

rdeal486 wrote:
crazyET wrote:I know nothing about TFC but I saw a boys team playing in a 4v4 at Tomato Fest in Jacksonville, Texas this past weekend. Tomato Fest is pretty much slumming for a big-city club like TFC. Everyone knows we can't play soccer out here in Deliverance Country.

That's because no one has told you to remove your spurs before the match Smile
Spurs? Wrong part of Texas, don't you think. That's cowboy country (West Texas), not deliverance country (East Texas). We don't wear spurs, we cut timber and marry our cousins out here.
crazyET
crazyET
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFlash 6/10/2013, 3:16 pm

allen04 wrote:
I see this as a great opportunity for TFC to bring in new talent and start fresh.

While I would normally applaud someone for seeing the silver lining; in this case I will simply pass.

IF they survive the summer, they will likely have new talented coaches but it is very likely they will leave in a year anyway.

At this point there MAY NOT actually be anything wrong with the club but with the high number of defections and more I suspect are coming its demise is becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy.

TFC also recently lost the fields in Allen, and only have the fields in Plano to my understanding. For whatever reason, the club is taking on the appearance of unraveling really fast and it's too bad. It was a really good club that has a lot of good teams.
TheFlash
TheFlash
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by madisonmyers 6/10/2013, 3:29 pm

There's a Shreveport TFC as well. Affiliated with the Dallas TFC org. Is that possible?

Last edited by madisonmyers on 6/10/2013, 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong quote)
madisonmyers
madisonmyers
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/10/2013, 4:03 pm

rdeal486 wrote:I see this as a great opportunity for TFC to bring in new talent and start fresh. Perhaps some local teams that are just starting out and coaches that are looking to make a difference.

Just saying Arrow

You must have a long play on TFC stock. That is the only reason I can imagine for you "just saying" that (in hopes that others believe it and act accordingly). I hope that the coaches are being upfront with their teams rather than pulling a July surprise, if in fact there will be one.

Back to top Go down

Post by zBlast 6/10/2013, 4:19 pm

What's happening to TFC? BushReflects

zBlast
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/10/2013, 9:27 pm

snjn1ab wrote:
rdeal486 wrote:I see this as a great opportunity for TFC to bring in new talent and start fresh. Perhaps some local teams that are just starting out and coaches that are looking to make a difference.

Just saying Arrow

You must have a long play on TFC stock. That is the only reason I can imagine for you "just saying" that (in hopes that others believe it and act accordingly). I hope that the coaches are being upfront with their teams rather than pulling a July surprise, if in fact there will be one.

No stock, no long play on anything. I don't know the details of what happened but all I can say is that it saddens me when this happens. I have dreams of starting up my own club and can only imagine all the work that went into TFC, and now to just watch it crumble.

When I was looking for a club I spoke with TFC, they offered to help however they could. Offered to come to our practice, us go to their practice, sit down and chat etc etc. I decided to not move my team to TFC since their model didn't fit my plans but regardless, to see it just crumble is sad.

Back to top Go down

Post by NTskeptic 6/11/2013, 11:06 am

TFC has is problems just like the other clubs have had. The Club and it's directors have managed to stay out of trouble and cater to a group of athletes not hit by the Texans and Solar. TFC players have often played multiple sports and been involved in other activities. I think TFC will survive however it may be with substantially fewer teams.

The landscape is changing again in N.Tex Soccer. Ando was all but dead then an infusion of a big money guy with a personal interest saved the club. Looks like they have good coaches and management now.?? The Texans....what can you say..HN had developed a business model that works and appears stable and successful. FC Dallas is on a different playing field with the Pro-team backing and resources. Solar went through a really tough time 2 years ago with the past president and lost money but they seem to be rebounding.

Dallas Rush is very interesting to me because they are so large however their timing seems to be a bit off to really have an impact this year unless there is some type of merger. They talk about buying land and building a complex however from looking on their website I did not see where they had done that in other markets. They seem to be using existing fields. Does anyone know if they bought land and developed complexes in other markets?

NTskeptic
NTskeptic
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 6/11/2013, 11:12 am

I don't know about the land for the complex, but I do know I have received two very different messages from Rush officers about teams. At first they told everyone that they had 25 teams. Now they are saying that they are working on getting teams to merge but if not, they will start teams in the PPL. They have 1 team....right now.
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tni12001 6/11/2013, 11:54 am

Soccerinsanity wrote:I don't know about the land for the complex, but I do know I have received two very different messages from Rush officers about teams. At first they told everyone that they had 25 teams. Now they are saying that they are working on getting teams to merge but if not, they will start teams in the PPL. They have 1 team....right now.

Presumably, the lack of announced teams correlates with the general contract expiration date of June 30 most coaches are working under. Either for personal or professional reasons many coaches that may be joining Rush are likely withholding announcements until then.

It's no secret though that Toto is bringing his previous teams with him, and I would assume the same about Deering.

Maybe more will become apparent at the following events:
http://dallasrushsoccer.com/index.php/7-front-page-slides/33-open-skills-training

Last edited by tni12001 on 6/11/2013, 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : June 30 not July)

tni12001
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Durty-Tackle 6/11/2013, 12:26 pm

Heard the coaches were not getting paid. And that a dad on Angel Reagan's O1 boys team devised a kudeta and convinced some parents to start a new team called Patriots FC.

Durty-Tackle
Durty-Tackle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BR549 6/11/2013, 1:10 pm

Durty-Tackle wrote:Heard the coaches were not getting paid. And that a dad on Angel Reagan's O1 boys team devised a kudeta and convinced some parents to start a new team called Patriots FC.

The coaches that left before their contract expired (or before they got their final check), probably won't get paid. ie. Reagan That seems to be the standard for clubs this day, it gives the former club a chance to say screw you then. On the flip side of it, there you have the coaches that wait until June 30th, already got all their player packets from the club, then lets them know they will be moving their team to another club. Which ends up costing the club money in printing fees and such, which is substantial to a mid level to small club.

All this while leaving the paying parents (customer) in the middle of it.
BR549
BR549
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by BR549 6/11/2013, 1:12 pm

Soccerinsanity wrote:I don't know about the land for the complex, but I do know I have received two very different messages from Rush officers about teams. At first they told everyone that they had 25 teams. Now they are saying that they are working on getting teams to merge but if not, they will start teams in the PPL. They have 1 team....right now.

I heard first hand that the Rush had at least 10 team managers at the meeting last Sunday. 10 > 1
BR549
BR549
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by turf-a-lot 6/12/2013, 10:09 pm

If even half the rumors I am hearing out of TFC are true. Parents of TFC teams need to get together with their coaches and get some facts before paying a penny. With Ed's issues and only two acting board members showing (one of which is already coaching a Liverpool mens team), do you really think they plan to stay around?   

Open your eyes. The ship is sinking and all that still above water is the crow's nest.

Last edited by turf-a-lot on 6/12/2013, 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
turf-a-lot
turf-a-lot
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 6/12/2013, 10:28 pm

turf-a-lot wrote:.
If even half the rumors I am hearing out of TFC are true. I would not sign any any contract under the TFC name come July 1st. Parents of TFC teams need to get together with their coaches and get some facts before paying a penny to TFC. With Ed's issues and only two acting board members showing (one of which is already coaching a Liverpool mens team), do you really think they plan to stay around after July 1st?   

Open your eyes. The ship is sinking and all that still above water is the crow's nest.
How dramatic! A lot can happen before July 1st, actually a lot can happen within the next days.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by turf-a-lot 6/12/2013, 11:00 pm

The German wrote:
turf-a-lot wrote:.
If even half the rumors I am hearing out of TFC are true. I would not sign any any contract under the TFC name come July 1st. Parents of TFC teams need to get together with their coaches and get some facts before paying a penny to TFC. With Ed's issues and only two acting board members showing (one of which is already coaching a Liverpool mens team), do you really think they plan to stay around after July 1st?   

How dramatic! A lot can happen before July 1st, actually a lot can happen within the next days.

Let's hope within the next few days. July 1 is quickly approaching. The few remaining Parents deserve to know who they will be writing their checks to or if they need to look at other teams for their boy.
turf-a-lot
turf-a-lot
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeatlast 6/12/2013, 11:10 pm

Durty-Tackle wrote:Heard the coaches were not getting paid. And that a dad on Angel Reagan's O1 boys team devised a kudeta and convinced some parents to start a new team called Patriots FC.

What's a "kudeta"?  Is that like a "vendetta"? Or a "Kubota"? Or an "Odetta"?

Freeatlast
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeatlast 6/12/2013, 11:14 pm

tni12001 wrote:
Soccerinsanity wrote:I don't know about the land for the complex, but I do know I have received two very different messages from Rush officers about teams.  At first they told everyone that they had 25 teams.  Now they are saying that they are working on getting teams to merge but if not, they will start teams in the PPL.  They have 1 team....right now.

Presumably, the lack of announced teams correlates with the general contract expiration date of June 30 most coaches are working under. Either for personal or professional reasons many coaches that may be joining Rush are likely withholding announcements until then.

It's no secret though that Toto is bringing his previous teams with him, and I would assume the same about Deering.

Maybe more will become apparent at the following events:
http://dallasrushsoccer.com/index.php/7-front-page-slides/33-open-skills-training

So Rush is engineering a massive screwing of existing clubs which will be revealed July 1?  What a way to start in the new market!  (It is all about developing the kids, of course!)

Freeatlast
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next