Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

98 Plano Labor day predictions GOLD Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

98 Plano Labor day predictions GOLD

+4
True10
FSFFL
M Patient
rqps
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

98 Plano Labor day predictions GOLD Empty 98 Plano Labor day predictions GOLD

Post by rqps 8/26/2009, 12:45 pm

Predictions for semi final match ups...
Semi finals:
Solar vs TFC royal
Andro vs SR
Final
Solar vs Andro (Solar wins)
GOLD:
ANDROMEDA 98 BOYS
CLASSIC 98 BOYS ORANJE
DALLAS TIGRES ACADEMY DALLAS TIGRES 98 GOLD
DFW TEJANOS 98B PREMIER
FORT WORTH FC 98 BOYS WHITE
FORZA FC 98 BOYS NORTH
REVOLUTION PREMIER SC 98B (BURCIAGA)
SOLAR 98 (SMITH)
SOLAR 98 BOYS RED
TFC 98 BOYS
TFC 98B ROYAL (F-FCDY 98B)
TULSA TSC 98 RED
rqps
rqps
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

98 Plano Labor day predictions GOLD Empty Re: 98 Plano Labor day predictions GOLD

Post by M Patient 8/27/2009, 2:31 pm

Where did you get the list?
M Patient
M Patient
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

98 Plano Labor day predictions GOLD Empty Re: 98 Plano Labor day predictions GOLD

Post by FSFFL 8/27/2009, 2:55 pm

Depends on the seeding. Do you know the seeding already?
Based on my own seedings, I have these semis.
Solar v. Andro
TFC-R v. Solar Red
Final-Solar over Solar Red
Again, I don't know the seedings and I am assuming there would be four brackets of three. I just did a quick 1-n seeding and assumed bracket A v B and C v D. I haven't looked at the PYSA website to see if this is how it's going down. If it is, I have a pretty nice A bracket with Solar, TFC, and CC.
FSFFL
FSFFL
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by True10 8/27/2009, 3:37 pm

FSFFL wrote:Depends on the seeding. Do you know the seeding already?
Based on my own seedings, I have these semis.
Solar v. Andro
TFC-R v. Solar Red
Final-Solar over Solar Red
Again, I don't know the seedings and I am assuming there would be four brackets of three. I just did a quick 1-n seeding and assumed bracket A v B and C v D. I haven't looked at the PYSA website to see if this is how it's going down. If it is, I have a pretty nice A bracket with Solar, TFC, and CC.
It will probaly be 3 brackets of 4 with the the 3 barcket winners and a wild card advancing.
True10
True10
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FSFFL 8/29/2009, 12:32 am

Yeah, I think you're right. It's a three game guarantee so it would need to be a four team bracket. There are so many quality teams about the only sure thing is that Solar will win its bracket.
FSFFL
FSFFL
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by eredivisie 8/30/2009, 9:01 pm

Brackets, schedules and seedings are out. Looks like some interesting games particularly in Brackets 2 and 3!
Bracket 1
001) SOLAR 98 (SMITH)
002) DFW TEJANOS 98B PREMIER
003) TFC 98 BOYS
004) FORT WORTH FC 98 BOYS WHITE
Bracket 2
001) ANDROMEDA 98 BOYS
002) REVOLUTION PREMIER SC 98B (BURCIAGA)
003) CLASSIC 98 BOYS ORANJE
004) TULSA TSC 98 RED
Bracket 3
001) TFC 98B ROYAL (F-FCDY 98B)
002) DALLAS TIGRES ACADEMY DALLAS TIGRES 98 GOLD
003) SOLAR 98 BOYS RED
004) FORZA FC 98 BOYS NORTH

eredivisie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mcdribble 8/30/2009, 10:25 pm

Bracket 3 should be closest of them all. Any of those teams could advance. Tough one to get stuck in but I predict Tigres. Bracket 2 will go to Andro - unless Tulsa surprises everyone. Bracket 1 - no brainer.
mcdribble
mcdribble
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FSFFL 8/30/2009, 11:40 pm

Some interesting seedings...I was ready to give my predictions but the schedules are down now so they may be tweaking some things. I'll wait till they are back up.
FSFFL
FSFFL
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FSFFL 8/31/2009, 9:44 am

Brackets back up...no changes. Overall seedings still look a little strange. I still have no idea how 3 of the top 8 D1 teams got into bracket 3. It will be a long weekend for Forza. The seedings pretty much follow the numbers except that when you get to where Solar Red should have been. Instead, there's a blip in the Matrix and teams get shifted, which causes TFC to be in Bracket 1 (Tejanos would have been in Bracket 1 anyway). Maybe I'm just a conspiracy theorist!
Bracket 1-Solar 1st; TFC 2nd (a sleeper pick)
Bracket 2-Andromeda 1st; CCO 2nd (more D2 love)
Bracket 3-Tigres1st; Solar Red 2nd...I don't know what happened to TFC-R...but until they recover from the Solar game...I'm scared to pick 'em.
Wildcard-RP; TFC-R (although...admittedly I think it will be tough to come out of bracket 3 as a wildcard)
*I reserve the right to update my Bracket 3 predictions after I see how TFC-R plays Smile
FSFFL
FSFFL
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by rqps 8/31/2009, 9:54 am

I agree the seeding looked a little funky.
Bracket 1 Solar and Tejanos (let see if they bounce back from the last tournament)
Bracket 2 Andro and Rev (again they also need to bounce back from the last tournament)
Bracket 3 aka Group of Death... SR and TFC Royal (tough bracket to pick but I see SR coming out on top)
Wildcards Tulsa TSC and Tigres
rqps
rqps
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by eredivisie 8/31/2009, 10:08 am

FSFFL wrote:Brackets back up...no changes. Overall seedings still look a little strange. I still have no idea how 3 of the top 8 D1 teams got into bracket 3. It will be a long weekend for Forza. The seedings pretty much follow the numbers except that when you get to where Solar Red should have been. Instead, there's a blip in the Matrix and teams get shifted, which causes TFC to be in Bracket 1 (Tejanos would have been in Bracket 1 anyway). Maybe I'm just a conspiracy theorist!
Bracket 1-Solar 1st; TFC 2nd (a sleeper pick)
Bracket 2-Andromeda 1st; CCO 2nd (more D2 love)
Bracket 3-Tigres1st; Solar Red 2nd...I don't know what happened to TFC-R...but until they recover from the Solar game...I'm scared to pick 'em.
Wildcard-RP; TFC-R (although...admittedly I think it will be tough to come out of bracket 3 as a wildcard)
*I reserve the right to update my Bracket 3 predictions after I see how TFC-R plays Smile
I think the organizers just swapped TFC with Solar Red so that they could avoid playing in the same bracket with their Club mates. If you swap them back, it follows Classic finish perfectly.
I like your picks in Brackets 1 and 2. In Bracket 3, I think TFC-R will get their game back together to pull out the win. Tigres will likely be 2nd.
The wildcards will be the teams that score in bunches, even in losses and that face a really weak team that they can shutout. I think Solar Red can shut out Forza and score 3 or 4 on Tigres and TFC-R combined. That is probably enough. I think Rev Premier is in the same boat with a shutout of TSC and 4 - 5 goals on CCO and Andro. I don't think Tejanos have the ability to score on Solar and have not shown the ability to score enough to make it through.

eredivisie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by rqps 8/31/2009, 10:47 am

eredivisie - most teams dont have the ability to score on Solar. They only had 3 goals scored on them all of last year during classic league. hahahaha.
rqps
rqps
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by happyfeet 8/31/2009, 11:43 am

rqps wrote:eredivisie - most teams dont have the ability to score on Solar. They only had 3 goals scored on them all of last year during classic league. hahahaha.
And 2 of those were on a backup goalkeeper
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FSFFL 8/31/2009, 11:57 am

happyfeet wrote:
rqps wrote:eredivisie - most teams dont have the ability to score on Solar. They only had 3 goals scored on them all of last year during classic league. hahahaha.
And 2 of those were on a backup goalkeeper

...most teams don't have the ability to score on Solar...with or without a goalkeeper...
FSFFL
FSFFL
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by eredivisie 8/31/2009, 12:01 pm

Thus my point that they are unlikely to get a wildcard spot.

eredivisie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by rqps 8/31/2009, 12:10 pm

They dont have to beat Solar to get a wildcard spot. They just have to beat TFC and FWFC. Even if they get slaughtered by Solar (which most teams do by the way) as long as they beat the other two teams in the bracket they are good. Tejanos path actually looks decent compared to the other two brackets.
In bracket two CC will have to beat either Andro or Rev to make it and by the way Tulsa TSC is no push over. They may not be Edmond but they are still a strong team. Bracket three is even worse with 3 div 1 teams fighting it out.
Solar is not the deciding factor in group one... its how they play the other two teams which will determine who comes out 2nd in the group.
rqps
rqps
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by eredivisie 8/31/2009, 12:18 pm

Yes, I agree. Bracket 1 is actually the easiest to advance in (there is no strong team outside of Solar). However, I don't believe that the Tejanos can beat TFC. They struggled to a 0-0 tie with FWFC already in their last tournament. If they lose to TFC, they have to score points in all their games in order to try and win a wildcard. Since, I do not believe that they have the capability to score significant amount of points in any game I do not believe they will advance.

eredivisie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by rqps 8/31/2009, 12:36 pm

Yikes man... talk about disliking a team. What is up with the dislike for Tejanos? Are CC and Tejanos mortal rivals? (there is no strong team outside of Solar) Why would you say that, TFC is no push over. Didnt TFC beat CC in classic league last year 3 to 0 and beat them again in Jan 7 to 0?
rqps
rqps
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by eredivisie 8/31/2009, 1:11 pm

rqps wrote:Yikes man... talk about disliking a team. What is up with the dislike for Tejanos? Are CC and Tejanos mortal rivals? (there is no strong team outside of Solar) Why would you say that, TFC is no push over. Didnt TFC beat CC in classic league last year 3 to 0 and beat them again in Jan 7 to 0?
rqps - I have stated my opinion on the outcome of the games and the reasons why I did not pick your team. I am sorry if you do not like my opinion.

However, it will all be revealed on the pitch in a few days. I will hold off on this discussion until then.

eredivisie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by rqps 8/31/2009, 1:39 pm

Not my team... I will not even be in town for this tournament as I will be in Austin. Just giving my opinion. Best of luck to all the teams.
rqps
rqps
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

98 Plano Labor day predictions GOLD Empty Labor Day

Post by irish86 8/31/2009, 2:46 pm

Keep an eye on the Tigres squad. They are talented and hungry. If the Solar 98 run is going to come to an end it will be during a long tournament, as opposed to a one game set during the fall. Having said that, unless the Solar team gets hit with the swine flu...look out.

irish86
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FSFFL 8/31/2009, 3:25 pm

irish86 wrote:Keep an eye on the Tigres squad. They are talented and hungry. If the Solar 98 run is going to come to an end it will be during a long tournament, as opposed to a one game set during the fall. Having said that, unless the Solar team gets hit with the swine flu...look out.

Did Tigres upgrade the D? They scored a lot...but they were scored on a lot also.
FSFFL
FSFFL
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

98 Plano Labor day predictions GOLD Empty Tigres

Post by irish86 8/31/2009, 3:43 pm

Tigres went 11-3-5 last season in Classic. They scored 49 and gave up 31. They only lost to Solar 2-0. They are up and coming, imo.
Do not know if they added defense, but I would not want to play a hungry Tigres team. We shall see...

irish86
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rqps 8/31/2009, 3:55 pm

Tigres lost a couple of offensive weapons so lets see if they have added anyone to replace the losses
rqps
rqps
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

98 Plano Labor day predictions GOLD Empty Tigres

Post by irish86 8/31/2009, 4:07 pm

Valid points, if you are in the know. I have heard that they also added a couple of good players. I guess my point is that the usual big dawgs will not sneak up on the Solar squad. Solar will be up for any match with the Texans, and definitely anything related to Andromeda. But it is difficult to get up for every team every week. At some point there will be a team with a ton of heart that can overcome all the odds and defeat a team that is on a roll... I'm just looking for clean soccer and little or no nonsense from the sidelines. A capable referee is a plus.
Full disclosure: I have a son on the 98 Solar squad.
david finn

irish86
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next