Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Referee Bias Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Referee Bias

+15
Refmike
coachdom
rocks
afrankw
scref
Its Me
Slakemoth
90th_minute
my2cents
go99
FSFFL
soccerrus2
wbgbpfan
happyfeet
mrclean
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Referee Bias Empty Referee Bias

Post by mrclean 8/29/2009, 7:02 pm

Yes I know this will ruffle feathers but enough is enough. It is time for referees to stop being biased and throwing games. Period! That is all that needs to be said. We had a game that we deserved to lose because we played badly. But, you take away two offside goals and one PK and we would have won 2-0. One was clearly not offside and the Center allows two more passes and a goal, then checks his line and call offside. Not incompetence, deliberate. One player gets shoved by another player and the other player get a yellow. Why not the player that does the shoving? Look at when and where some of these referees call dissent. I have heard F-bomb after F-bomb from the field and nothing. My son was called F***N****B***ch in front of a referee and nothing. Where I am from, that could be considered unsportsmanlike. A team makes a wall on the move and rushes the free kick and blocks it about 5 yards away and when a player complains the ref responds well you missed anyway. Once my son gets taken out and hurt and they called a foul on him for a free kick. He is about a foot away from the ball on the ground and a player says "I can't kick the ball with him there" and he answers "Kick the d###n ball and I'll card him"
I'm sick of it. I'm sick of this game being bought by big clubs that can't seem to be able to coach and develop good players because with 10 -20 teams in one age group they still have the need to recruit from smaller or independent clubs. I am also tired that in North Texas, defending has turned into grabbing and riding each others backs. But, if you make a legitimate tackle with your foot and the player with the ball stumbles, it's a foul.
Last but not least, I saw a game at the end of last season where a player gets past the last defender and has a break away. He is flying and no one is going to reach him. Whistle blows. Really? You couldn't be two seconds early? Miscalculate stoppage by 2.1 seconds? Yes I'm whining, but it's ridiculous. Seeing the other team's coach hugging the referees and saying "Thanks for giving us one" was too much for me to handle."
Football is started to look better.
mrclean
mrclean
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Referee Bias Empty Re: Referee Bias

Post by happyfeet 8/29/2009, 9:03 pm

If it was that bad, your coach can fill out a referee assessment form on his performance and he will automaticaly get assessed on his next game....but, I'm thinking you're just a bitter parent who may not even know what offside is.
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrclean 8/29/2009, 10:02 pm

Cute, although a tad bit juvenile. Actually, the team we played today had a lot of heart and class. I hope they do well this season. As far as bitter, I would describe my feeling as frustrated, surprised, or bewildered. When I quit my job and moved my family to play in the esteemed Classic League, I expected more.
Not to sound any more bitter, I forgot to add that we even had one game where the linesman was telling U-16 players that they were in offside position. Actually, verbally telling them to get back onside. I'm sure I don't need to explain the significance of an offside trap to someone as informed as you, right? My son also played in a qualifying game where the center ref walked to the parents in the stands and said that the second half would go better.
Basically, all I'm saying is that referees need to empathize with the hard work and committment from the players and family and do the job with a level of professionalism that all of the players deserve.

As far as the Referee form, I can't imagine how a team criticizing a referee would have any positive effect. People say it's a small world. If that's true, then how big is the referee hut.
mrclean
mrclean
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by wbgbpfan 8/29/2009, 10:27 pm

mrclean wrote:Cute, although a tad bit juvenile. Actually, the team we played today had a lot of heart and class. I hope they do well this season. As far as bitter, I would describe my feeling as frustrated, surprised, or bewildered. When I quit my job and moved my family to play in the esteemed Classic League, I expected more.
Not to sound any more bitter, I forgot to add that we even had one game where the linesman was telling U-16 players that they were in offside position. Actually, verbally telling them to get back onside. I'm sure I don't need to explain the significance of an offside trap to someone as informed as you, right? My son also played in a qualifying game where the center ref walked to the parents in the stands and said that the second half would go better.
Basically, all I'm saying is that referees need to empathize with the hard work and committment from the players and family and do the job with a level of professionalism that all of the players deserve.

As far as the Referee form, I can't imagine how a team criticizing a referee would have any positive effect. People say it's a small world. If that's true, then how big is the referee hut.
Congratulations on your new job as referee evaluator in the Classic League - I hope your family enjoyed the move into DFW.
wbgbpfan
wbgbpfan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 8/29/2009, 11:35 pm

Whenever I get my assignments, I always look at teams and clubs that my kids have ever lost to and referee accordingly. PM me who your team is and I will help you out as well.

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FSFFL 8/30/2009, 1:27 am

so...they deserved to lose...but your upset becuase they did lose...but only because it was the fault of the refs... Shocked
FSFFL
FSFFL
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrclean 8/30/2009, 6:45 am

No. But but I am becoming weary of biased referees. Have we ever had good officials? Of course. Do I appreciate the contribution and hard work of the referees? Definitely. The spirit of the game is in the players, coaches, and referees hands. They are an integral part of the beautiful game.
But I stand firm in my opinion. Read my statements. There is no excuse for some of the referees actions. Linesman verbally assisting 16 year olds. Referees talking to a teams parents and telling them at the half that the next half will go better. Referees that will not answer a question from a coach during the play, but will stop play 5-8 times to discuss things with another coach.
All I'm saying is some referees need to turn up the professionalism and all referees need to hold each other accountable. Maybe when a coach hugs a referee and says 'Thanks for giving us one today" , he meant something else.
I am probably just being a bitter parent. It probably even says in a rule book for the referee to encourage the losing teams' parents at the half. I should probably apologize for my ignorance towards the laws of the game. If anyone could enlighten me on my understanding of the rules, I would appreciate it. For the classic league referee that allowed my son to be called a F## N## B##ch, was that just high school boys being boys? Probably so. Again I am so ignorant towards the Laws of the Game. The referee that tells a team to take a free kick into an injured player on the ground, so that " I will give him a d##n card." That is probably what is taught in the Grade 7 course. The problem is in the complexity of the rules and my inability to understand them.
For the hundreds of referees in North Texas that are not biased, thanks for your contribution. But, please encourage any collegue that is in need of some integrity.
If anyone wants to defend any of the referees actions that I have stated, I would love to hear them. Enough of the "Bitter Parent!" or "Fatty Fatty Two by Four". Without name calling and emotion, please explain these referees actions. I explained it as bias. Maybe it's something else.
mrclean
mrclean
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 8/30/2009, 8:46 am

mrclean wrote:No. But but I am becoming weary of biased referees. Have we ever had good officials? Of course. Do I appreciate the contribution and hard work of the referees? Definitely. The spirit of the game is in the players, coaches, and referees hands. They are an integral part of the beautiful game.
But I stand firm in my opinion. Read my statements. There is no excuse for some of the referees actions. Linesman verbally assisting 16 year olds. Referees talking to a teams parents and telling them at the half that the next half will go better. Referees that will not answer a question from a coach during the play, but will stop play 5-8 times to discuss things with another coach.
All I'm saying is some referees need to turn up the professionalism and all referees need to hold each other accountable. Maybe when a coach hugs a referee and says 'Thanks for giving us one today" , he meant something else.
I am probably just being a bitter parent. It probably even says in a rule book for the referee to encourage the losing teams' parents at the half. I should probably apologize for my ignorance towards the laws of the game. If anyone could enlighten me on my understanding of the rules, I would appreciate it. For the classic league referee that allowed my son to be called a F## N## B##ch, was that just high school boys being boys? Probably so. Again I am so ignorant towards the Laws of the Game. The referee that tells a team to take a free kick into an injured player on the ground, so that " I will give him a d##n card." That is probably what is taught in the Grade 7 course. The problem is in the complexity of the rules and my inability to understand them.
For the hundreds of referees in North Texas that are not biased, thanks for your contribution. But, please encourage any collegue that is in need of some integrity.
If anyone wants to defend any of the referees actions that I have stated, I would love to hear them. Enough of the "Bitter Parent!" or "Fatty Fatty Two by Four". Without name calling and emotion, please explain these referees actions. I explained it as bias. Maybe it's something else.
There is no defense of those actions, however parents should stay out of the game. Just watch and hope they have fun and learn to play the game. Watch your kid more and the ref less. Referee's don't decide games they provide the excuse. Everyone feels that they recieved all of the bad calls. Play hard, better soccer and if you play well enough then even the ref will not be able to save the opposition. As far as the foul language and name calling goes, it's not supposed to happen but does. Get over it and grow thicker skin. Let your skills do the talking. If the coach has a complaint then he should file it against the ref. If the ref gets enough of them then something will be done. As a parent it is not your place. Sit and watch the game. Hope your next game goes better
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 8/30/2009, 9:48 am

go99 wrote:
mrclean wrote:No. But but I am becoming weary of biased referees. Have we ever had good officials? Of course. Do I appreciate the contribution and hard work of the referees? Definitely. The spirit of the game is in the players, coaches, and referees hands. They are an integral part of the beautiful game.
There is no defense of those actions, however parents should stay out of the game. Just watch and hope they have fun and learn to play the game. Watch your kid more and the ref less. Referee's don't decide games they provide the excuse. Everyone feels that they recieved all of the bad calls. Play hard, better soccer and if you play well enough then even the ref will not be able to save the opposition. As far as the foul language and name calling goes, it's not supposed to happen but does. Get over it and grow thicker skin. Let your skills do the talking. If the coach has a complaint then he should file it against the ref. If the ref gets enough of them then something will be done. As a parent it is not your place. Sit and watch the game. Hope your next game goes better

You are both wrong , wrong , wrong. Mrclean, you quit your job and moved here to play in this league but can't manage to put together a factual letter to the league or NTX informing them of gross rules and ethics violations? As usual a poster gets on here and rants about the refs calling into question their integrity and honesty and wants someone else to do something. I say put up or shut up.
Go99 sounds like a coach or DOC who does not want the club labeled as a trouble maker. It IS the responsibility of parents to make sure things like this do not happens. The coaches will not do it because of the politics of Classic and NTX.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by happyfeet 8/30/2009, 10:09 am

my2cents wrote:
go99 wrote:

You are both wrong , wrong , wrong. Mrclean, you quit your job and moved here to play in this league but can't manage to put together a factual letter to the league or NTX informing them of gross rules and ethics violations? As usual a poster gets on here and rants about the refs calling into question their integrity and honesty and wants someone else to do something. I say put up or shut up.
Go99 sounds like a coach or DOC who does not want the club labeled as a trouble maker. It IS the responsibility of parents to make sure things like this do not happens. The coaches will not do it because of the politics of Classic and NTX.
Parent complaints about refs are not considered or reviewed. Only coaches' official assessments get attention. In all of the years I have reffed in the league, I have NEVER seen the actions you speak of. Bad calls...sure. Referees with a little attitude...yes. But never the blatant actions you speak of. Either your coach doesn't believe it's as bad as you say or he's too scared to complain. There IS a mechanism....use it.
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 90th_minute 8/30/2009, 10:26 am

happyfeet wrote:
my2cents wrote:
go99 wrote:

Parent complaints about refs are not considered or reviewed. Only coaches' official assessments get attention. In all of the years I have reffed in the league, I have NEVER seen the actions you speak of. Bad calls...sure. Referees with a little attitude...yes. But never the blatant actions you speak of. Either your coach doesn't believe it's as bad as you say or he's too scared to complain. There IS a mechanism....use it.
I have talked to a coach who has been coaching in this league for many years about turning in report on percieved poor officiating. He told me that he won't put the effort in to doing this because NOTHING ever happens...period. I was an official in another sport. If the coach didn't like my style or thought I was inept, he could have me scratched from officiating any of his home games. That wouldn't work here, though. There aren't enough referees!!
90th_minute
90th_minute
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 8/30/2009, 10:55 am

my2cents wrote:
go99 wrote:

Neither just a parent of a very skilled BB who takes plenty of fouls. Some called and many not. The reality is that nobody is listening to your complaints. There is a mechanism and it runs through the coach. Our coach has filed complaints against refs before, but it is an accumulative process. One complaint will not get a ref removed. There will always be bad refs and bad calls, players who cheat, play dirty, or use abusive language.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by mrclean 8/30/2009, 2:14 pm

Except for the cute sarcasm, I appreciate many of the comments. If parents let the referees do their job and the players focus on their responsibilities, then 99% of problems would go away.
We are going to use the coach assessment of officials form and hopefully this will help alert the league when there is a problem with an official. I am concerned however that criticizing officials could have repercussions. Hopefully the assessment form is confidential and it is discussed in a way where a referee isn't alerted to which team provided the criticism. If it's obvious which team provided the criticism then hopefully they won't be assigned to their games in the future.
My issue that I started on this thread is not bad calls. The ref can't be everywhere at once and will miss some things. Many times the ref sees things we don't and they also have the luxury of having three different angles. They are also emotionally removed from the game. They usually could care less who wins.
Professionalism and integrity. Every team, coach, player, and money paying parent deserves this. I actually tried to delete this thread that I started because I do think the discussion is best kept between the coaches and the league. I really don't think the solution is whining and I'm not sure if the forms will fix all of these issues. What I am really wanting is for the referees themselves to hold each other to a high level. Referees taking pride in their professionalism, ignoring the noise from the rabid parents, and calling the game how they see it is what the players deserve.
mrclean
mrclean
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 8/30/2009, 2:38 pm

mrclean wrote:Except for the cute sarcasm, I appreciate many of the comments. If parents let the referees do their job and the players focus on their responsibilities, then 99% of problems would go away.
We are going to use the coach assessment of officials form and hopefully this will help alert the league when there is a problem with an official. I am concerned however that criticizing officials could have repercussions. Hopefully the assessment form is confidential and it is discussed in a way where a referee isn't alerted to which team provided the criticism. If it's obvious which team provided the criticism then hopefully they won't be assigned to their games in the future.
My issue that I started on this thread is not bad calls. The ref can't be everywhere at once and will miss some things. Many times the ref sees things we don't and they also have the luxury of having three different angles. They are also emotionally removed from the game. They usually could care less who wins.
Professionalism and integrity. Every team, coach, player, and money paying parent deserves this. I actually tried to delete this thread that I started because I do think the discussion is best kept between the coaches and the league. I really don't think the solution is whining and I'm not sure if the forms will fix all of these issues. What I am really wanting is for the referees themselves to hold each other to a high level. Referees taking pride in their professionalism, ignoring the noise from the rabid parents, and calling the game how they see it is what the players deserve.
I believe it is confidential and hopefully he has others reported on him. If the coaches did thier job and reported the bad officials it would make it much easier to get rid of the bad apples
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Slakemoth 8/30/2009, 9:43 pm

The important thing is that the kind of actions you are reporting ARE written up and turned in... As mentioned Assignors may not take action on a single complaint, but when the same complaint is heard two, three, four times, then it starts to carry weight. We deal with this in our rec leaguie and I can't tell you how many times I hear "I was gonna write it up, but decided not to.." and I have to say "then why are you complaining to me now? It must not be that important."... If the referees are really doing the things you describe, then it will not be the first time..... or the last.
It is the "pattern of behavior" that the league and assignors are looking for.
Slakemoth
Slakemoth
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by happyfeet 8/31/2009, 7:42 am

It is confidential in that the ref never even knows about it. Obviously, the league know which coach submitted it. Very few were submitted last year, so the coaches may not feel it's all that bad.
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Me 8/31/2009, 8:27 am

I have never heard of a referee saying the things you mentioned earlier. I've been to hundreds if not thousands of games and never have I heard such a thing. I love the game of soccer. If there's a tournament and my kid's are not playing we're going to watch. Never have I heard or seen anything like this. Did it happen? I don't know!

My only comment is to help the league by getting your referees license and joining the association and make a change. To many parents sit on the sidelines and complain and complain about the laws of the game. Do something to make a change.

I have seen calls missed by referees that were blantant fouls and couldn't believe they missed it or the linesman didn't make the call. The games moves extremely fast when you're trying to watch everything. Not only the ball but the developing play or watching the eyes of the defender as he's running up to make a tackle.

The important thing is that you are reporting the incidents. With enough complaints the league will have an assignor watch the referee. Maybe that ref needs to drop down to lower level games until they're able to improve they skills. Who knows?

MOST referees take their jobs VERY seriously. I've never seen a referee that didn't care about doing a good job. Getting yelled at by parents or a pissed off coach isn't fun. At the same time, I can only assume, it's really rewarding when both coaches tell you it was an excellent job and also to have parents walk over and compliment you on good game.

I think I'll start refing! Sounds like a rewarding job. Very Happy

My 2 cents!
Its Me
Its Me
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/31/2009, 9:23 am

Buzz posted some article about refs preferring particular color jerseys. I think refs prefer teams that don't berate them.

Yes, sometimes bad calls are made and fouls are missed. (do you ever make mistakes in your line of work?) Not once have I seen an attack on a referee turn the game in the attacker's favor.

Back to top Go down

Post by scref 8/31/2009, 9:47 am

mrclean wrote:Yes I know this will ruffle feathers but enough is enough. It is time for referees to stop being biased and throwing games. Period! That is all that needs to be said. We had a game that we deserved to lose because we played badly. But, you take away two offside goals and one PK and we would have won 2-0. One was clearly not offside and the Center allows two more passes and a goal, then checks his line and call offside. Not incompetence, deliberate. One player gets shoved by another player and the other player get a yellow. Why not the player that does the shoving? Look at when and where some of these referees call dissent. I have heard F-bomb after F-bomb from the field and nothing. My son was called F***N****B***ch in front of a referee and nothing. Where I am from, that could be considered unsportsmanlike. A team makes a wall on the move and rushes the free kick and blocks it about 5 yards away and when a player complains the ref responds well you missed anyway. Once my son gets taken out and hurt and they called a foul on him for a free kick. He is about a foot away from the ball on the ground and a player says "I can't kick the ball with him there" and he answers "Kick the d###n ball and I'll card him"
I'm sick of it. I'm sick of this game being bought by big clubs that can't seem to be able to coach and develop good players because with 10 -20 teams in one age group they still have the need to recruit from smaller or independent clubs. I am also tired that in North Texas, defending has turned into grabbing and riding each others backs. But, if you make a legitimate tackle with your foot and the player with the ball stumbles, it's a foul.
Last but not least, I saw a game at the end of last season where a player gets past the last defender and has a break away. He is flying and no one is going to reach him. Whistle blows. Really? You couldn't be two seconds early? Miscalculate stoppage by 2.1 seconds? Yes I'm whining, but it's ridiculous. Seeing the other team's coach hugging the referees and saying "Thanks for giving us one" was too much for me to handle."

Sounds like you are ready to help out
http://www.ntxsoccer.org/pages/refereeprogram.aspx

Let us know when you get get your badge so we can work together.

scref
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by afrankw 8/31/2009, 10:48 am

scref wrote:
mrclean wrote:Yes I know this will ruffle feathers but enough is enough. It is time for referees to stop being biased and throwing games. Period! That is all that needs to be said. We had a game that we deserved to lose because we played badly. But, you take away two offside goals and one PK and we would have won 2-0. One was clearly not offside and the Center allows two more passes and a goal, then checks his line and call offside. Not incompetence, deliberate. One player gets shoved by another player and the other player get a yellow. Why not the player that does the shoving? Look at when and where some of these referees call dissent. I have heard F-bomb after F-bomb from the field and nothing. My son was called F***N****B***ch in front of a referee and nothing. Where I am from, that could be considered unsportsmanlike. A team makes a wall on the move and rushes the free kick and blocks it about 5 yards away and when a player complains the ref responds well you missed anyway. Once my son gets taken out and hurt and they called a foul on him for a free kick. He is about a foot away from the ball on the ground and a player says "I can't kick the ball with him there" and he answers "Kick the d###n ball and I'll card him"

Sounds like you are ready to help out
http://www.ntxsoccer.org/pages/refereeprogram.aspx

Let us know when you get get your badge so we can work together.

His boys won Sunday so there is no bias issues, right now.
afrankw
afrankw
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rocks 8/31/2009, 7:16 pm

lol!

I've heard complaints about refs, but never anything like this.

You can be assured that any ref who acted as described would be called on the carpet by any of the refs I know. I suspect many of us do this to provide a safe and fair environment for kids to play. There are not enough refs. I did 5 games (3 centers = blisters) on Saturday, due to shortages and a nice assignor. I bet most of us got into it because our own kids play, or played, and in my case I often ref with my kids. I'd like to think we understand and respect the commitment and passion these kids invest in their teams and their own personal development.

It's funny. A very good friend, also a ref, and I will watch out kids play against each other, and we laugh about out disagreement over some calls. Seems the 'correctness' of the call has something to do with which team one's child plays for. Imagine that.

It's Me:
Yes, consider refereeing. It is indeed rewarding. Very few parent problems, actually. Being ON the field is actually the best spot to watch the game. You would not believe how often I hear something like, "Oh shut up," when a parent or coach yells. Usually good for a quick laugh and light-hearted comment from me. Mom, Dad, just imagine what your sweetie might be saying when he/she hears your loud advice during the game.
rocks
rocks
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by coachdom 8/31/2009, 8:47 pm

A few years ago, I had a girl come up to me during a break in play and ask me (seriously) to kick her dad out so she wouldn't have to listen to him.
coachdom
coachdom
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 8/31/2009, 10:13 pm

Had a player red carded last spring for yelling " would you shut the hell up god damit" at his father. The kids hate when theeir parents constantly yell at refs or constantly yell their coaching tips at them to "help" them. Sucks the joy of the game right out for them.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Referee Bias Empty Ref Bias

Post by Refmike 9/1/2009, 12:18 pm

I just stumbled onto this thread because somebody posted to it recently.
I think there frequently is confusion between bias and jsut plain doing a poor job.
Having not been to any of the events mentioned here, I can only say the observations of bias rest with the person who was at that particular game. As for parent complaints nto being heard, in arlington, if a parent complains to teh assignor, the referee definately hears about it. Sometimes when I see a patern of a particluar team's parents or coaches giving me a hard time, I tell teh assignor to not put me on any more of that team's games. I referee for fun and excercise, and I certainly do not want to be where I am not wanted. I think a lot of referees would ask to not be put in taht situation, if their pride would let them.
I like this forum much better tha the TM, as it seems much easier to negotiate. i would like to see a referee specific section here and on eh girls forum.
Also, I got a cataract rrmoved recently,a dn apparently I was missing some good games? Now if I can get the whistle removed from my mouth, I can be ready for the new season.
Rm
Refmike
Refmike
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by happyfeet 9/1/2009, 2:15 pm

Can't disagree with you more on how Arlington does it...if it's as you say. Why would the referee "definitely hear about it" just because a PARENT complained?! That's ridiculous. 75% of the parents don't understand the literal LOTG, and the 25% that do couldn't get out there and ref a game. The way the Classic League handles complaints is much more professional and geared toward helping the referee improve. Most coaches understand that referees rarely cause a team to win or lose...it's the players. Parents, on the other hand, always blame the referee. They should NEVER influence referee assignments.
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next