Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Referee Bias - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Referee Bias

+15
Refmike
coachdom
rocks
afrankw
scref
Its Me
Slakemoth
90th_minute
my2cents
go99
FSFFL
soccerrus2
wbgbpfan
happyfeet
mrclean
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Referee Bias - Page 2 Empty Re: Referee Bias

Post by happyfeet 9/1/2009, 2:15 pm

Can't disagree with you more on how Arlington does it...if it's as you say. Why would the referee "definitely hear about it" just because a PARENT complained?! That's ridiculous. 75% of the parents don't understand the literal LOTG, and the 25% that do couldn't get out there and ref a game. The way the Classic League handles complaints is much more professional and geared toward helping the referee improve. Most coaches understand that referees rarely cause a team to win or lose...it's the players. Parents, on the other hand, always blame the referee. They should NEVER influence referee assignments.

happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Referee Bias - Page 2 Empty Ref Bias

Post by Refmike 9/1/2009, 2:28 pm

In Arlington the referee would definately hear it because the assignor does not hold compalints back. Most parents complain either the referee was allowign play to get too rough or blowing the whistle too often. Rarely is it because of a handball call or no call or offisde call or no call. Some refreees get angry about it, some take it more constructively.
Rm
Refmike
Refmike
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by happyfeet 9/1/2009, 2:37 pm

Refmike wrote:In Arlington the referee would definately hear it because the assignor does not hold compalints back. Most parents complain either the referee was allowign play to get too rough or blowing the whistle too often. Rarely is it because of a handball call or no call or offisde call or no call. Some refreees get angry about it, some take it more constructively.
Rm
USSF assessors are much more qualified to say whether a ref calls a good game than a bunch of biased parents. Rolling Eyes
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Refmike 9/1/2009, 2:51 pm

No question thae State Assessors are much better qualified to do it, but they tend to work in Classic League games, while teh other leagues adn outlying areas get the new assessors, or people tah are not really asessors, just volunteers who ahppen to be good referees. I guess this thread has gotten suffinciently off course, unless you are just looking for a good argument,and that is two doors down the hall (very vague reference).
rm
Refmike
Refmike
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by rocks 9/1/2009, 5:45 pm

Hi ref Mike

Glad your eye surgery went well and you can now see. Maybe now there won't be complaints directed your way.
rocks
rocks
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by cityslicker61 9/1/2009, 11:02 pm

mrclean wrote:Cute, although a tad bit juvenile. Actually, the team we played today had a lot of heart and class. I hope they do well this season. As far as bitter, I would describe my feeling as frustrated, surprised, or bewildered. When I quit my job and moved my family to play in the esteemed Classic League, I expected more.
Not to sound any more bitter, I forgot to add that we even had one game where the linesman was telling U-16 players that they were in offside position. Actually, verbally telling them to get back onside. I'm sure I don't need to explain the significance of an offside trap to someone as informed as you, right? My son also played in a qualifying game where the center ref walked to the parents in the stands and said that the second half would go better.
Basically, all I'm saying is that referees need to empathize with the hard work and committment from the players and family and do the job with a level of professionalism that all of the players deserve.

As far as the Referee form, I can't imagine how a team criticizing a referee would have any positive effect. People say it's a small world. If that's true, then how big is the referee hut.
I cant understand any assistant referee telling players to get back onside, because if you know the rules it is NOT an offense to be in an offside position. It only becomes an offense if you receive the ball so why would anybody be telling anyone "you are offside!" doesnt make sense. As for being bias, it only seems bias because you think it is!
cityslicker61
cityslicker61
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 9/1/2009, 11:13 pm

Refmike wrote:No question thae State Assessors are much better qualified to do it, but they tend to work in Classic League games, while teh other leagues adn outlying areas get the new assessors, or people tah are not really asessors, just volunteers who ahppen to be good referees. I guess this thread has gotten suffinciently off course, unless you are just looking for a good argument,and that is two doors down the hall (very vague reference).
rm
No offense ref mike but lay off the vicodin your miss-spelling "the & and" not one to correct cuzz my spelling is the worst but your slackin. drunken
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Refmike 9/2/2009, 6:42 am

Plant,
Are you Darth Soccer in disguise? Since he left the forums, I have indeeed been slacking on my spelling. My worst ones are hte and teh.
Refmiek
Refmike
Refmike
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by rocks 9/2/2009, 8:03 am

Plant:
misspelling
you're
study
rocks
rocks
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by twotone 10/18/2009, 11:06 pm

I don't think I've ever seen a referee kick the ball into either net, or issue a slide tackle, or be in an offside position, or curse out a youth player (maybe an adult player or two), or miss-kick a ball. The biggest problem i think that exist is players, coaches, and parents trying to blame the referee for blowing a game. Players never seem to look at that turnover they committed at midfield that lead to a goal. Coaches never seem to want to take back that tactical error they made or substitution that didnt work out, and parents aren't even involved in the game to even know what's going on really.
That tripping foul that the referee whistles in the 18th minute may have been a mistake. Who knows, maybe the attacker tried to trick the referee by diving, but where is the criticism of the player for not playing honestly and fairly, but rather deliberately taking advantage of the referee and the Laws of the Game? Besides that, what about the other 89 minutes in the game where the referee may not have made any mistakes and officiated a really good match?
I'd hope that every parent that's ever criticized a referee would actually take a referee course, learn the LOTG, and get in the middle with a whistle and do it 5 times. Then get on the line and do that 10 times by judging offside plays while watching the play, judging throw-ins, and seeing the width of the field for 70 yards.
Or maybe you could just give that referee your work address and let him/her come to your job on Tuesday morning and yell at you over your shoulder (in your office/cubicle/station, of course) for 90 minutes. Let's hope your an accountant and the referee doesnt know the laws, rules, and procedures of Accounting, but that he yells and screams incessantly about a job he know nothing about. That'll be a fun turn of events.....dont you think? Referee Bias - Page 2 Icon_cyclops

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tequilapark 10/18/2009, 11:22 pm

twotone wrote:
Or maybe you could just give that referee your work address and let him/her come to your job on Tuesday morning and yell at you over your shoulder (in your office/cubicle/station, of course) for 90 minutes. Let's hope your an accountant and the referee doesnt know the laws, rules, and procedures of Accounting, but that he yells and screams incessantly about a job he know nothing about. That'll be a fun turn of events.....dont you think? Referee Bias - Page 2 Icon_cyclops

lol!
Tequilapark
Tequilapark
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by happyfeet 10/19/2009, 10:54 am

So well put. Love the accounting analogy!
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2