Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Release from Classic team to Academy League Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Release from Classic team to Academy League

+3
swindler
plantit
bob
7 posters

Go down

Release from Classic team to Academy League Empty Release from Classic team to Academy League

Post by bob 9/1/2009, 5:33 pm

What is the procedure for transfering from a Classic team to an Academy League team if the coach refuses to give a release?

bob
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Release from Classic team to Academy League Empty Re: Release from Classic team to Academy League

Post by plantit 9/1/2009, 8:50 pm

bob wrote:What is the procedure for transfering from a Classic team to an Academy League team if the coach refuses to give a release?

Buyout!!!!!
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Release from Classic team to Academy League Empty Re: Release from Classic team to Academy League

Post by swindler 9/1/2009, 8:58 pm

A competitive (select) player is obligated to his competitive team for the soccer-playing year for
competitive players from the time he signs a contract until the end of the subsequent soccerplaying
year (August 1 of the prior soccer year through June 30 of the current soccer year). Any
release to transfer to another NTSSA competitive team will be allowed only in limited
circumstances. Transfers that are approved by the player’s current coach may be granted at any
time on or prior to April 1. Any request for transfer that is not approved by the player’s current
coach must be filed in writing with the NTSSA office to be decided upon by the Competitive
Soccer Committee which shall be chaired by the NTSSA Youth Commissioner or his designee.
This shall be done between the dates of December 1 and January 31 for U-11 through U-14 and
December 1 and March 15 for U-15 through U-19 only. (NOTE: The Competitive Committee
may grant transfers prior to the start of the fall season in extremely limited circumstances, and
only after receiving input from the coach or club official.) Upon receipt of the written request for
transfer, the NTSSA office will forward a copy of the transfer to the player’s current coach or
manager for a written response. The Competitive Committee will render a decision based on the
written reports received. Any appeal of this decision must be received by the NTSSA office in
writing within five (5) days of receipt of the original decision and must be accompanied by a fee
of $50 (refundable at the Competitive Soccer Committee’s discretion). Upon receipt of the appeal,
the Competitive Committee will schedule a hearing with all parties being invited to attend. Any
appeal of the decision of the Competitive Soccer Committee after the hearing must be made
directly to the Executive Committee of NTSSA within five (5) days. A player may leave a
competitive team and go into his home Member Association recreational player pool at any time
on or prior to April 1 of the current soccer year with the written permission of the Youth
Commissioner. Players may not be released from their competitive team after April 1, as no
recreational player pool is available. (Exceptions: player has moved outside NTSSA territory,
current team has disbanded, or medical documentation the player has been injured and is unable to
play the remainder of the soccer year.) Any recreational player currently rostered to a recreational
team and wishing to be released to join a competitive team may do so only between December 1
and March 15 and may do so only with the written permission of the Member Association in
which he is currently rostered. A competitive registration form must be completed prior to the
players’ transfer to a competitive team.
swindler
swindler
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by afrankw 9/1/2009, 8:59 pm

bob wrote:What is the procedure for transfering from a Classic team to an Academy League team if the coach refuses to give a release?

You cannot go from Select to Academy. Academy is U10 and under and they are not allowed to play up into Select. Are you just trying to go from one team in Select to another team or are you an 00 or younger? If so you should not be in Select and the coach must let you out.
afrankw
afrankw
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by swindler 9/1/2009, 9:04 pm

afrankw wrote:

You cannot go from Select to Academy. Academy is U10 and under and they are not allowed to play up into Select. Are you just trying to go from one team in Select to another team or are you an 00 or younger? If so you should not be in Select and the coach must let you out.

I think he's talking about the USSF Development Academy league

http://www.ussoccer.com/Teams/Development-Academy/Academy.aspx
swindler
swindler
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 9/1/2009, 9:09 pm

Seriously if the bbs got the goods why would a transfer be a problem ? unless the current club is a small one and doesn't have academy. If he plays for 1 of the big 4 approach the doc if he's good enough they would want him representing their academy team.
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rip 9/1/2009, 9:42 pm

plantit wrote:Seriously if the bbs got the goods why would a transfer be a problem ? unless the current club is a small one and doesn't have academy. If he plays for 1 of the big 4 approach the doc if he's good enough they would want him representing their academy team.
If its an inter-club transfer among the big 4.... say Texans to FCD ....I could see how it would ruffle some feathers.

Last edited by rip on 9/1/2009, 10:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
rip
rip
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 9/1/2009, 9:48 pm

rip wrote:
plantit wrote:Seriously if the bbs got the goods why would a transfer be a problem ? unless the current club is a small one and doesn't have academy. If he plays for 1 of the big 4 approach the doc if he's good enough they would want him representing their academy team.
If its a intra-club transfer among the big 4.... say Texans to FCD ....I could see how it would ruffle some feathers.
Then it wouldn't be a intra club transfer . thats a no brainer would have to be within the club.
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rip 9/1/2009, 9:52 pm

plantit wrote:
rip wrote:
If its an intra-club transfer among the big 4.... say Texans to FCD ....I could see how it would ruffle some feathers.
Then it wouldn't be a intra club transfer . thats a no brainer would have to be within the club.
I'm a dumbs*... I obviously meant inter.

Last edited by rip on 9/1/2009, 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
rip
rip
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by wbgbpfan 9/1/2009, 10:23 pm

rip wrote:
plantit wrote:
rip wrote:
If its a intra-club transfer among the big 4.... say Texans to FCD ....I could see how it would ruffle some feathers.
If he's moving from say Texans (select) to FCD (academy) couldn't he do it without a release since they are not governed by the same rules? The only problem would be the monetary obligation to the select teams contract that they signed as well as burning bridges with that club.
wbgbpfan
wbgbpfan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 9/1/2009, 10:25 pm

wbgbpfan wrote:
rip wrote:
plantit wrote:
rip wrote:
If he's moving from say Texans (select) to FCD (academy) couldn't he do it without a release since they are not governed by the same rules? The only problem would be the monetary obligation to the select teams contract that they signed as well as burning bridges with that club.
No there is also the little matter of the contract.
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 9/1/2009, 10:43 pm

plantit wrote:
wbgbpfan wrote:
rip wrote:
plantit wrote:
rip wrote:
There is always a way out it's more of a question of desire. How did they end up signing a classic league contract and just now find an academy team? Get out the lawyers, make it public for maximum bad press, push to have it set aside for the best interest of the kid. Technically th contract is the parents contract and the court can look out for the minors best interest. If it's the FCD academy team they will not go thru it. They are being very careful to not ruffle any feathers. Sounds like the texans got you to me. Not the first time
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by wbgbpfan 9/1/2009, 10:49 pm

go99 wrote:
plantit wrote:
wbgbpfan wrote:
rip wrote:
plantit wrote:
rip wrote:
There is always a way out it's more of a question of desire. How did they end up signing a classic league contract and just now find an academy team? Get out the lawyers, make it public for maximum bad press, push to have it set aside for the best interest of the kid. Technically th contract is the parents contract and the court can look out for the minors best interest. If it's the FCD academy team they will not go thru it. They are being very careful to not ruffle any feathers. Sounds like the texans got you to me. Not the first time
They could pay the entire amount of the select contract to fulfill that obligation - a steep price to pay to leave but if they're moving to one of the "play for free" academy teams it could work. Our team had a player pay the full amount up front last year and left the team after the 1st league game because they were upset over playing time - couldn't play select but could play rec (no refund from the club they left and not old enough for academy). A bad move in my opinion but the route they chose.
wbgbpfan
wbgbpfan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bob 9/2/2009, 9:10 am

So...since they are governed by different bodies, does one have to get a coach's release in this case?

bob
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by wbgbpfan 9/2/2009, 10:11 am

bob wrote:So...since they are governed by different bodies, does one have to get a coach's release in this case?
I would say no since Classic League is North Texas Soccer and Academy is US Soccer, but you might want to confirm with someone else. The Academy team you are trying to join should be able to confirm.
wbgbpfan
wbgbpfan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down