Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Classic league and Academy : Is it a different soccer ? Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Classic league and Academy : Is it a different soccer ?

+9
omega striker
soccerisgoodforyou8
go99
odie1993
Soccerinsanity
Se La Perdio
Real Barcelona
Laroja_2012
finish1
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Classic league and Academy : Is it a different soccer ? Empty Classic league and Academy : Is it a different soccer ?

Post by Guest 9/6/2013, 11:57 am

Do you think those leagues create a different breed of soccer ?
These are the same kids, playing for the same coaches on the same fields in the same competitive environment. But, it seems to me that the soccer is indeed different. Care to discuss why ?

Back to top Go down

Classic league and Academy : Is it a different soccer ? Empty Re: Classic league and Academy : Is it a different soccer ?

Post by finish1 9/6/2013, 12:05 pm

How do you see the soccer as different? Give examples.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Classic league and Academy : Is it a different soccer ? Empty Re: Classic league and Academy : Is it a different soccer ?

Post by Laroja_2012 9/6/2013, 12:08 pm

Are you talking about Development Academy or youth academy?

Laroja_2012
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 9/6/2013, 12:16 pm

He would be talking about PA. Changed clubs this year. Texans to Solar.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona 9/6/2013, 12:52 pm

The number of training sessions and intensity is different. In the long run it will make a difference.

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 9/6/2013, 12:56 pm

More touches usually makes a difference in the long run regardless of the league.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Se La Perdio 9/6/2013, 1:01 pm

Sure it does create a different breed of soccer but it does so by creating an environment for the better players to rise to the top. Better players (and I am not talking BSF) usually equals better play.

Se La Perdio
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 9/6/2013, 1:05 pm

Se La Perdio wrote:Sure it does create a different breed of soccer but it does so by creating an environment for the better players to rise to the top.  Better players (and I am not talking BSF) usually equals better play.  
Because those same coaches still choose BSF, you just stated what's NOT different about Academy....at least until they get to the upper age limit.

Last edited by Soccerinsanity on 9/6/2013, 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 9/6/2013, 1:41 pm

Se La Perdio wrote:Sure it does create a different breed of soccer but it does so by creating an environment for the better players to rise to the top.  Better players (and I am not talking BSF) usually equals better play.  
Assuming the better players are playing PA. Lots of better players are not.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Se La Perdio 9/6/2013, 3:48 pm

finish1 wrote:
Assuming the better players are playing PA. Lots of better players are not.
I was interpreting gababa's post as asking the question of whether CL and PA created a better breed of soccer vs say PPL and APL - which I would say, generally, yes. If the discussion is CL vs PA I would agree there may be only slight differences between some CL D1 teams and PA as many talented players do not choose the PA path, as you suggested.

One thing is for sure, PA has definitely changed the landscape in CL.

Se La Perdio
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by odie1993 9/6/2013, 3:58 pm

I have talked to a couple different Academy/Pre-Academy coaches and they do not follow the mandate from Claudio Reyna to play a specific formation. I believe they are supposed to be playing a 4-3-3 but they are not doing it. the reason other countries are so vastly ahead of the US on the international level is most of the countries have a specific program that all clubs run in the country. Perfect examples are the Netherlands and Belguim
odie1993
odie1993
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 9/6/2013, 4:03 pm

There are more talented and dedicated players in the AL than CL. YOu do have some very good players in CL and also quite a few players who would struggle to make it on a D1 team. The soccer does seem to be better but the same poor talent identification seems to be in place. I am putting the difference down to soley a more focused and dedicated player. A player that spends that much time and gives up so much to play is more likely to listen and play into the coaches system
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerisgoodforyou8 9/6/2013, 4:44 pm

The answer is pretty easy, AL and PA have more focused players and coaches that bring the top talent together to train and play. CL has plenty of good kids in all the divisions, but can not compare with the AL and PA with quality and style of play. Once you go AL or PA it would be very hard to think about going back to CL, the only other choice would be High School soccer. Even ODP is an after thought since the inception of AL and PA. The top coaches are the ones running the AL and PA teams, so wonder where they put all there attention. Remember that it is always an open tryout for all teams, so the Classic League players will always have an open door to join each year and plenty will move up to PL and AL in the next few years.

soccerisgoodforyou8
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 9/6/2013, 5:06 pm

does all this pre academy/academy talk with better more focused and talented players with more intense training and the best coaches also include Andromeda?scratch 
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by R1 9/6/2013, 5:22 pm

omega striker wrote:does all this pre academy/academy talk with better more focused and talented players with more intense training and the best coaches also include Andromeda?scratch 
Why argue the point, didn't FC Dallas' 98 and 99 teams prove how dominant they are over the Classic League teams in the Bobby Rhine Tournament this last year? Even keeping their teams Academy League age pure, they still dominated the local Classic League teams - didn't they?
R1
R1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerisgoodforyou8 9/6/2013, 5:47 pm

No reason to argue the point, just look at the quality of play and style of play that both offer and judge from there. Was very surprised that at the US Soccer camp the coach told the boys that big and fast was not what they are looking for, they want to see first touch and vision. Obviously the best would be the combination of both.

soccerisgoodforyou8
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rightback 9/6/2013, 8:06 pm

I think any program where you play less and practice more is going to yield a better player. I have seen the impact of players who play and play, but have limited training time and it yields a technically deficient player. Having said all that, you could so the same thing in classic league team...but as you face relegation, and most coaches see this as having financial consequences, most will no do so.

Bottom line is that an advanced player should learn a number of formations and philosophies and have strong technical fundamentals...I don't think there is any magic specific to the 4-3-3

Rightback
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 9/7/2013, 7:33 am

It's the same coaches doing the same thing the same way for the same reasons. Theory is theory.

The vision for the program is not being implemented. It's another pay-to-play scheme where the costs become prohibitive for most. FCD is the one exception in NTX in terms of cost.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 9/7/2013, 9:38 am

Agreed, Finish. And speaking of tourney results, apparently a previous poster didn't watch the Andro 98 team against CL in the Plano Labor Day!
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 9/7/2013, 11:25 am

gababa wrote:Do you think those leagues create a different breed of soccer ?
These are the same kids, playing for the same coaches on the same fields in the same competitive environment. But, it seems to me that the soccer is indeed different. Care to discuss why ?
I wouldn't say it creates a different breed of "soccer".

However, I would say it takes as many of the most talented players with raw talent and refines it with the intent of creating a better player.

How?

More practice, less games. A heck of a lot more practice.

Disclaimer; my bb isn't playing PA, but many of his very close friends are on the 01 and 00 PA teams of his club.

Sure, there are players talented enough to play PA, but they don't for various reasons; loyalty to current team, distance to training, costs of commuting, un-informed of the opportunity, peer pressure, etc. Open try-outs are publicized on the internet.  But some of the best players still do not play PA. It's a choice.

I have experience observing my bb at both ODP and FCD PA. The difference is stark. ODP is grandpa's old fashion training to a herd of of players with different levels of talent. My kid was bored at ODP sessions. The PA tryouts were all-out tryouts from the best-of-the-best that were invited or had the confidence to step on the field. The pace and competition for a roster spot was friendly but very competitive. Like night and day.

PA is where the synergy of top level coaching, talented boys, great facilities, and playing style are molded into a better soccer player.

Through my bb I have a front row seat to the seeds FCD has planted, e.g. the 01 and 00 boys. Let me tell you, something special is happening at FCD with this group. FCD has six years of experience with the PA process. You know they have to be getting better at doing things. The boys attend school together at Lamar Hunt Middle School and take shared transportation to the FCD stadium locker room before training EVERY SCHOOL day after school. They are treated like professionals. The expectation is the boys behave mature, listen, learn and train hard. FCD is molding street ballers, futsallers, Classic League boys into top level footballers.

Parents and bb's have choices. This is good. For the most serious soccer players, my advice is to not close the door on PA. Go and check out Solar, FCD and Texans PA tryouts next summer.
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 9/7/2013, 11:43 am

Been there, not impressed with the experience and left (more of same, more $$). My choice. More practices, Yes. Better quality, No.

What's missing is oversight from US Soccer. There needs to be a clear vision for the direction of the program and someone to follow-up on a national, regional and local basis to make sure the processes are being implemented.

That is not happening and if it doesn't, in the long run, it will be another failed experiment in US Soccer to develop world class players.

finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by 1halfback 9/7/2013, 12:36 pm

Rumor is that PA coaches will be graded (by whom?) after each PA game for intangibles like style of play. True?

1halfback
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 9/7/2013, 2:55 pm

Speaking of grading, rumor also is that Frisco ISD is having fits because many of these FCD Academy kids that are coming into their school are FAILING!!! Uh oh!
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 9/7/2013, 5:50 pm

Soccerinsanity wrote:Agreed, Finish.  And speaking of tourney results, apparently a previous poster didn't watch the Andro 98 team against CL in the Plano Labor Day!
you mean the team that didn't make it out of bracket in the silver division?Suspect 
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/7/2013, 8:56 pm

omega striker wrote:
Soccerinsanity wrote:Agreed, Finish.  And speaking of tourney results, apparently a previous poster didn't watch the Andro 98 team against CL in the Plano Labor Day!
you mean the team that didn't make it out of bracket in the silver division?Suspect 
Ouch !bom 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next