Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

When will the USSF get IT? Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

When will the USSF get IT?

+21
Majortom
my2cents
plantit
ontherightside
WRG
omega striker
The German
eagle
coachdom
FCScoach
DragonStryker
soccermom040
go99
TheFarPost
mrclean
OnTheSurface
True10
NTskeptic
FGFF
SoccerNutz07
Fabiano9
25 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

When will the USSF get IT? Empty When will the USSF get IT?

Post by Fabiano9 7/16/2011, 1:40 pm

http://www.socceramerica.com/article/42928/learning-from-mexico-the-distant-neighbor.html

This guy gets it, Oscar Pareja & FCD get it, I've been preaching this for years.
When is the USSF going to get it?
Fabiano9
Fabiano9
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

When will the USSF get IT? Empty Re: When will the USSF get IT?

Post by SoccerNutz07 7/16/2011, 3:18 pm

Fabiano9 wrote:http://www.socceramerica.com/article/42928/learning-from-mexico-the-distant-neighbor.html

This guy gets it, Oscar Pareja & FCD get it, I've been preaching this for years.
When is the USSF going to get it?

Of course if everything is related to Mexico or Mexicans, it is going to be right cheers.
SoccerNutz07
SoccerNutz07
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabiano9 7/16/2011, 3:50 pm

As much as I hate to admit it, the proof is in the pudding.
U17 World Champs twice in the last four years, Gold Cup champs twice in the last three years.
Professional league dominance in region for who knows, like 70 years.
One of the 10 best professional players in the world right now, starting on one of the top two teams in the world (ManU).

What does the US have to show????? Women Soccer, that's it. Sprinkled in with an occasional bigtime Mens victory.

If you cant beat them, copy them, i say.
Fabiano9
Fabiano9
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FGFF 7/16/2011, 3:57 pm

Fabiano9 wrote:As much as I hate to admit it, the proof is in the pudding.
U17 World Champs twice in the last four years, Gold Cup champs twice in the last three years.
Professional league dominance in region for who knows, like 70 years.
One of the 10 best professional players in the world right now, starting on one of the top two teams in the world (ManU).

What does the US have to show????? Women Soccer, that's it. Sprinkled in with an occasional bigtime Mens victory.

If you cant beat them, copy them, i say.

Mexico is ahead of us and playing better than we are, no doubt but that being said:

The Mexican Mens National Team has had VERY little success on the worlds biggest stages. If we are going to copy someone that has a more technical style, let's copy Brazil or Spain. Even the Netherlands. Brazil has been consistently good and Spain are the current champs. Why copy a program that typically doesn't get much further than we do in the World Cup?

FGFF
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabiano9 7/16/2011, 6:16 pm

The point of the article is that there are a s-load of youth latino soccer players in this country who are being overlooked by our system. These are for the most part, technical players who could benefit MLS or the national team in the future. If there were hundreds of thousands of dutch or brasilian players here, then go for it, snatch em up.
Fabiano9
Fabiano9
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NTskeptic 7/16/2011, 6:42 pm

How are these players being "overlooked"??? I have yet to see a kid come to a tryout that is talented or gifted and told that he cannot play because he does not have enough money. Every coach or club seems to find a way. Now if you are talking about a completely subsidized system then you are really going to start overlooking players because the number of teams will go down.
NTskeptic
NTskeptic
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabiano9 7/16/2011, 9:07 pm

NTskeptic wrote:How are these players being "overlooked"??? I have yet to see a kid come to a tryout that is talented or gifted and told that he cannot play because he does not have enough money. Every coach or club seems to find a way. Now if you are talking about a completely subsidized system then you are really going to start overlooking players because the number of teams will go down.

The fact is that for every talented latino that comes to a big club tryout, there are another s-load just as good as him (or better)that don't come because the perception that they will not be able to play because of the money. You can't scholarship every single one of them. Look at the latino leagues and you will see some pretty amazing untapped talent. Don't try to pretend that our pay for play system is not the most f'd up system in the world.

How many latinos were there on the Gold Cup team???? Bocanegra and Bornstein's sorry half Mexican/Jewish ass. That's it. and we got our asses handed to us by Mexico. It was a freaking embarrassment, in the worst way. How is it in a country where probably 40-50% of its soccer playing youth are latino, that there are only 1 1/2 latinos on the national team? Because our system is f'd up, and you know it.

Last edited by Fabiano9 on 7/16/2011, 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fabiano9
Fabiano9
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabiano9 7/16/2011, 9:09 pm

Oscar Pareja for USSF President!
Fabiano9
Fabiano9
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NTskeptic 7/16/2011, 9:37 pm

UNBELIEVABLE-------"sorry half Mexican/Jewish ass"----------YOU HAVE DEFINED YOURSELF FABLANO.
NTskeptic
NTskeptic
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by True10 7/16/2011, 9:41 pm

Fabiano9 wrote:
NTskeptic wrote:How are these players being "overlooked"??? I have yet to see a kid come to a tryout that is talented or gifted and told that he cannot play because he does not have enough money. Every coach or club seems to find a way. Now if you are talking about a completely subsidized system then you are really going to start overlooking players because the number of teams will go down.

The fact is that for every talented latino that comes to a big club tryout, there are another s-load just as good as him (or better)that don't come because the perception that they will not be able to play because of the money. You can't scholarship every single one of them. Look at the latino leagues and you will see some pretty amazing untapped talent. Don't try to pretend that our pay for play system is not the most f'd up system in the world.

How many latinos were there on the Gold Cup team???? Bocanegra and Bornstein's sorry half Mexican/Jewish ass. That's it. and we got our asses handed to us by Mexico. It was a freaking embarrassment, in the worst way. How is it in a country where probably 40-50% of its soccer playing youth are latino, that there are only 1 1/2 latinos on the national team? Because our system is f'd up, and you know it.

Did you forget Bedoya and Agudelo both latinos and possibly Altidore if you consider Hatians latinos. Neutral
True10
True10
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheSurface 7/16/2011, 10:11 pm

Fabiano9 wrote:The fact is that for every talented latino that comes to a big club tryout, there are another s-load just as good as him (or better)that don't come because the perception that they will not be able to play because of the money. You can't scholarship every single one of them. Look at the latino leagues and you will see some pretty amazing untapped talent. Don't try to pretend that our pay for play system is not the most f'd up system in the world.
There probably is some truth to the statement that some disenfranchised superstars are never discovered because their parents think they can't afford it. I don't have any great suggestions there. But I guarantee you with 100% certainty that if a superstar goes to any club tryout, he will play. If he doesn't have any money, the club will find a way.

OnTheSurface
OnTheSurface
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrclean 7/16/2011, 10:35 pm

You really can't generalize too much in terms of ethnicity. But I do think there are a few barriers keeping some players out of the loop.
1. Not all parents want their kid spending a lot of time playing soccer. Some would prefer their 15 yr+ son to be working. Very common.
2. The drive is difficult especially when parents work late. Not every teen has their own car. If there are soccer fields next to Dart locations, I would like to know about them, please.
3. Communication. Not everyone knows about tryouts and the process of club soccer.
4. Not everyone is accepting of the poor. The cliques sometimes run off a few.

If USSF wanted to reach more kids, they could contact United Way and start club teams at Boys and Girls Clubs. They could also begin to reach out to High School programs instead of making them feel that they serve no valuable purpose. I have seen many state caliber HS teams that could give an academy team a decent game.

The club system isn't as inclusive as it could be. In reality though, bills have to be paid. We have what we have.
mrclean
mrclean
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFarPost 7/16/2011, 11:06 pm

Its funny that he is not talking about the Mexican style- He is talking about Mexican Players.

Interesting enough- head of US soccer is Columbian, Oscar P. is Columbian, Wilmer C. is Columbian.

See a trend.

Whats even more interesting is that FC Dallas is trying to incorporate the DUTCH style. Not South American style

TheFarPost
TheFarPost
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 7/16/2011, 11:33 pm

personally I think mexican soccer is garbage but hey doing better than us I guess. However I think a more telling sign is the number of players who played on the U17 or U20 national teams that came from here. They certianly did better than the US team so the question is why did we not manage to keep that talent here? Mexico is currently raiding the US latino talent pool because it is being underserved at the national level.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom040 7/17/2011, 12:39 am

[quote="go99"]personally I think mexican soccer is garbage but hey doing better than us...quote]

So what does that make US soccer?
soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 7/17/2011, 7:57 am

go99 wrote:personally I think mexican soccer is garbage but hey doing better than us I guess. However I think a more telling sign is the number of players who played on the U17 or U20 national teams that came from here. They certianly did better than the US team so the question is why did we not manage to keep that talent here? Mexico is currently raiding the US latino talent pool because it is being underserved at the national level.

Actually, what this would say is that we are properly developing players contrary to the opinion of many on this board. What we arent developing is national pride in the players being trained here.

But that's a far larger political argument as to why thats the case that isn't even remotely appropriate for a board dedicated to discussing young soccer here in the US.
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

When will the USSF get IT? Empty end of discussion

Post by FCScoach 7/17/2011, 9:29 am

adopting a country's 'style' is a ridiculous concept. our biggest problem is that many 'would-be' top soccer players never play soccer because their parents urge them to try basketball or football--never mind the fact that they'll only grow to be 5'10'' and 160lbs. . .

until we have a solid generation of dads who grew up with, and cherish soccer--we will be deficient on our national potential. we've got boys who 'waste' their individual athletic potential focusing their time on sports that they will NEVER play at a level beyond high school. other countries simply do not have the sports distractions that we have.

FCScoach
FCScoach
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabiano9 7/17/2011, 10:22 am

NTskeptic wrote:UNBELIEVABLE-------"sorry half Mexican/Jewish ass"----------YOU HAVE DEFINED YOURSELF FABLANO.

Not so much a rip on his sorry ass being Mexican/Jewish as it is that he's not very good.
Fabiano9
Fabiano9
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabiano9 7/17/2011, 10:25 am

mrclean wrote:You really can't generalize too much in terms of ethnicity. But I do think there are a few barriers keeping some players out of the loop.
1. Not all parents want their kid spending a lot of time playing soccer. Some would prefer their 15 yr+ son to be working. Very common.
2. The drive is difficult especially when parents work late. Not every teen has their own car. If there are soccer fields next to Dart locations, I would like to know about them, please.
3. Communication. Not everyone knows about tryouts and the process of club soccer.
4. Not everyone is accepting of the poor. The cliques sometimes run off a few.

If USSF wanted to reach more kids, they could contact United Way and start club teams at Boys and Girls Clubs. They could also begin to reach out to High School programs instead of making them feel that they serve no valuable purpose. I have seen many state caliber HS teams that could give an academy team a decent game.

The club system isn't as inclusive as it could be. In reality though, bills have to be paid. We have what we have.

I hear ya, brotha.
Fabiano9
Fabiano9
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 7/17/2011, 10:57 am

DragonStryker wrote:
go99 wrote:personally I think mexican soccer is garbage but hey doing better than us I guess. However I think a more telling sign is the number of players who played on the U17 or U20 national teams that came from here. They certianly did better than the US team so the question is why did we not manage to keep that talent here? Mexico is currently raiding the US latino talent pool because it is being underserved at the national level.

Actually, what this would say is that we are properly developing players contrary to the opinion of many on this board. What we arent developing is national pride in the players being trained here.

But that's a far larger political argument as to why thats the case that isn't even remotely appropriate for a board dedicated to discussing young soccer here in the US.

Well some of the issue is that some of these players are not being offered the opportunity to play on the US national team while mexico welcomes them with open arms.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by coachdom 7/17/2011, 12:27 pm

FCScoach wrote:adopting a country's 'style' is a ridiculous concept. our biggest problem is that many 'would-be' top soccer players never play soccer because their parents urge them to try basketball or football--never mind the fact that they'll only grow to be 5'10'' and 160lbs. . .

until we have a solid generation of dads who grew up with, and cherish soccer--we will be deficient on our national potential. we've got boys who 'waste' their individual athletic potential focusing their time on sports that they will NEVER play at a level beyond high school. other countries simply do not have the sports distractions that we have.

Soccer will always take a backseat to other sports in the minds of US boys because of the salaries and tv exposure of football, basketball, and baseball. I consider myself (36) part of the generation of dads who group up playing soccer, but Sundays in the Fall mean three things - church, academy league games, and the NFL.
coachdom
coachdom
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom040 7/17/2011, 2:54 pm

You actually think these US Latino players are learning from the US model? Those kids are learning on their own while playing pick up games in the hood. That's why they are technically superior, more touches on the ball. And a lot of those touches are in non-structured settings, where their imagination flows. US soccer has nothing to do with their development.
And the reason some of thes kids are NOT getting the invites to US national camps is b/c US soccer does not know talent. Creativity is not important to US soccer... size and speed are the top priorities.
soccermom040
soccermom040
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FGFF 7/17/2011, 3:14 pm

soccermom040 wrote:Actually, what this would say is that we are properly developing players contrary to the opinion of many on this board. What we arent developing is national pride in the players being trained here.

You actually think these US Latino players are learning from the US model? Those kids are learning on their own while playing pick up games in the hood. That's why they are technically superior, more touches on the ball. And a lot of those touches are in non-structured settings, where their imagination flows. US soccer has nothing to do with their development.
And the reason some of thes kids are NOT getting the invites to US national camps is b/c US soccer does not know talent. Creativity is not important to US soccer... size and speed are the top priorities.

This.

FGFF
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 7/17/2011, 3:23 pm

soccermom040 wrote:Actually, what this would say is that we are properly developing players contrary to the opinion of many on this board. What we arent developing is national pride in the players being trained here.

So its the parents fault for not encouraging more unorganized pick-up games?

Or is the lack of these unorganized pick-up games something you'd blame on US Soccer?

And if you really think there's this huge treasure trove of untapped talent in any sport in the US you're demonstrating a distinct lack of knowledge about high level sports (national level and above).
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by mrclean 7/17/2011, 3:33 pm

Agree 100%. There isn't much that soccer organizations can do to raise the bar IMO. The biggest problem is that most American kids spend more time indoors these days. I would love to see more areas in neighborhoods devoted to small sided pick up games. You don't need a FIFA size field. Just a spot for some 3v3 would be great. Many of our recent immigrants begin to spend more time with TV and videogames as well. It's hard for a soccer ball to compete with a nice AC and XBox live. Technical skills come with time on the ball. Given the variety of sports/interests that our kids have it's hard to count on a daily pickup game of 3v3.
mrclean
mrclean
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next