Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

02 Boys playing on multiple teams - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

02 Boys playing on multiple teams

+8
The German
my2cents
slampg
rustynail11
SailorMoon
getafe01
WRG
albundy412
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

02 Boys playing on multiple teams - Page 2 Empty Club soccer

Post by albundy412 8/11/2011, 1:21 pm

Ok. I get the wanting to play soccer all the time. I know with our club that a kid can do skills two days a week, team practice two days a week, and shooting clinic or goalie skills the other day. Games on either Saturday or Sunday. So you could feasibly keep busy all week just at the one club. I hear the argument about a different experience at different clubs. But why would you need that if you are good with the coach you already have? And is it fair to the coach? Oh, and I used to do the same thing growing up, playing basketball every waking moment, so I know you can do it without getting burned out.

albundy412
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

02 Boys playing on multiple teams - Page 2 Empty Re: 02 Boys playing on multiple teams

Post by slampg 8/11/2011, 1:42 pm

albundy412 wrote:Ok. I get the wanting to play soccer all the time. I know with our club that a kid can do skills two days a week, team practice two days a week, and shooting clinic or goalie skills the other day. Games on either Saturday or Sunday. So you could feasibly keep busy all week just at the one club. I hear the argument about a different experience at different clubs. But why would you need that if you are good with the coach you already have? And is it fair to the coach? Oh, and I used to do the same thing growing up, playing basketball every waking moment, so I know you can do it without getting burned out.

No matter how good a coach is and how satisfied you/your boy are with his style, there is real benefit to experiencing other styles, experiencing different coaching/training philosophies, and going against/interacting with other boys. NTX competitive soccer is a small community and the more you sample it, the more you get out of it.
slampg
slampg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

02 Boys playing on multiple teams - Page 2 Empty Re: 02 Boys playing on multiple teams

Post by Guest 8/11/2011, 2:00 pm

slampg wrote:
albundy412 wrote:Ok. I get the wanting to play soccer all the time. I know with our club that a kid can do skills two days a week, team practice two days a week, and shooting clinic or goalie skills the other day. Games on either Saturday or Sunday. So you could feasibly keep busy all week just at the one club. I hear the argument about a different experience at different clubs. But why would you need that if you are good with the coach you already have? And is it fair to the coach? Oh, and I used to do the same thing growing up, playing basketball every waking moment, so I know you can do it without getting burned out.

No matter how good a coach is and how satisfied you/your boy are with his style, there is real benefit to experiencing other styles, experiencing different coaching/training philosophies, and going against/interacting with other boys. NTX competitive soccer is a small community and the more you sample it, the more you get out of it.

I completely agree with you here on this one. I have taken my boy to multiple team practices at times just to see how he stacks up against other kids. It sometimes gets monotonous going against the same kids in practice and they need something new every now and then. It is also good that he is now friends with kids on a number of different teams so each time they are at the fields they know more kids from all over.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2