Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

ODP Tryouts Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

ODP Tryouts

+6
GoWide
Rocketeer
hatrick
cts
Ibystander
slampg
10 posters

Go down

ODP Tryouts Empty ODP Tryouts

Post by slampg 10/18/2011, 1:34 pm

The first of three tryouts was this past weekend for 2000 birth years. Any observations worth sharing?

Here are a couple that struck me...

• The mass of orange couldn't have come much closer to Halloween. Nothing like getting in the spirit of the holiday!

• At least from the U11 side of things (I don't know much about the younger U12 boys), it looked like there was good representation from most of the top teams in classic.

• Of all the positions, it seemed to me there was a real depth of talent in the center mid group of boys ... it was a lot of fun watching all the boys go one-on-one against each other.

• There was a lot of representation from Classic D1, but there were also plenty of D2 boys along with plenty from Plano and Arlington.

Anybody else care to share?
slampg
slampg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

ODP Tryouts Empty Re: ODP Tryouts

Post by Ibystander 10/18/2011, 5:43 pm

slampg wrote:The first of three tryouts was this past weekend for 2000 birth years. Any observations worth sharing?
What struck me was how happy my bb was after he got back from tryouts. It's so refreshing to see that beautiful smile back on his face after an afternoon of soccer. He was already asking about when the next ODP session was. That, to me, is so worth it. His dad also loved how positive and encouraging the coaches were. Definitely a positive experience.
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by cts 10/18/2011, 6:14 pm

Who are the coaches that were working with the 2000s?

cts
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hatrick 10/18/2011, 7:30 pm

Are Club coaches supposed to "sponsor" individuals or can you just attempt a tryout? When is the next one? TIA

Last edited by hatrick on 10/18/2011, 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
hatrick
hatrick
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocketeer 10/18/2011, 7:34 pm

Ibystander wrote:
slampg wrote:The first of three tryouts was this past weekend for 2000 birth years. Any observations worth sharing?
What struck me was how happy my bb was after he got back from tryouts. It's so refreshing to see that beautiful smile back on his face after an afternoon of soccer. He was already asking about when the next ODP session was. That, to me, is so worth it. His dad also loved how positive and encouraging the coaches were. Definitely a positive experience.

I do not follow, ODP coaches are just there to evaluate skill and the player. Very different from what CL league coaches have to do week in and week out.

Exactly what do you mean by positive and encouraging. Maybe the Select team coach can learn a better way / method of coaching.

Rocketeer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

ODP Tryouts Empty ODP 00 tryouts

Post by GoWide 10/18/2011, 7:38 pm

Sunday, November 13, 2011
ODP ‘00 Boys & Girls Tryouts
All Day Event

McInnish Park Fields A, B, C, D, E
2211 Sandy Lake Rd
Carrollton, TX

Times: '00B 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm '00G 3:30 pm - 6:30 pm

Times:
'00B 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
'00G 3:30 pm - 6:30 pm

https://www.gotsport.com/asp/application/reg/?ProgramID=10045&Type=PLAYER

Frequently Asked Questions:

How is player eligibility determined?
Eligibility for ODP is determined by the player’s birth date, not their soccer year. A child born in 2001 or younger is not eligible to try out for the 2011/2012 seasons. A release is not necessary from the player’s Club team to participate in ODP. Players born in 1994 or older are considered to be “aged out”. Therefore, they are no longer eligible to participate in ODP.

What is the cost?
Cost for tryouts is a one-time fee of $50 for ’99 – ’95 boys & girls; cost is $75 for ’00 boys & girls. Cost for Pool is $100 per season. Fees are subject to change from one year to the next. Selected teams attend one camp in the summer. Pool fees must be paid in full in order to participate in ODP and to be eligible for selection to camp. More information about the camps becomes available after the selection process.

When are Tryouts and Registration?
Tryouts and Registration for the 2011/2012 season will be held at TBD. Please see the ODP Calendar of Events http://www.ntxsoccer.org/events/default.aspx?F_c=56&F_m=1&F_y=2011 for schedule information.

Is there any type of financial aid or fundraising available?
There are a limited number of scholarships available through the Ross Stewart Scholarship Fund for camp fees only. MOST are PARTIAL scholarships. Scholarships are given on a financial need only basis. Application forms are available through the North Texas Office.

My child cannot make it to one of the tryout dates. Is this okay?
We encourage players to attend all tryout sessions available if possible, but club takes priority over ODP. For scouting consideration, please have the player’s coach email a referral to Gary Williamson, NTSSA State Coach, at gary@ntxsoccer.org for scouting consideration. Otherwise, open tryouts will take place annually. Watch ntxsoccer.org for tryouts information as it becomes available.

How many players will be selected?
There is not a specified number of players accepted to the pools. Pool players will be selected based on evaluation of performance and ability, in addition to attitude and behavior. Players are evaluated by multiple coaches for ODP selection.

Players selected to be in ODP, will be invited to the Fall Pool. They will then continue to train with their gender/age group. We have a Sub-Regional Competition at the end of the Spring season (date to be determined) that, if selected, players will compete against available teams from Region III (i.e. OK, LA, & MS).

’00 Girls selected to the Sub-Regional Competition will be invited to attend Developmental Camp in Norman, OK. Currently, there is not a camp for the boys in this age group until their second year in ODP. ’95 – ’99 Boys and Girls selected to the Sub-Regional Competition are selected to attend Region III camps in Alabama.

How will my child know if he/she was selected for ODP?
All participants of the 2011/2012 ODP Tryouts will receive a letter at the end of tryouts notifying them of whether or not they have been selected via USPS.

How often do we practice and where?
Trainings are scheduled 5 times per season on Sundays. We, like all others, are subject to cancellations due to inclement weather and/or tournaments receiving priority over our field reservations. Make-up trainings due to unforeseen cancellations are subject to field availability. Five trainings per season is not guaranteed due to possible field cancellations beyond our control. The parks and recreation department controls the cancellations, not our office.

Do we travel to tournaments?
Selected teams will only travel when attending camp in the summer or Sub-Regional Competitions we receive invites to attend. Our office handles ALL travel arrangements for players when traveling to out of the area ODP events (i.e. Region III camp).

How do we know if a practice has been changed or cancelled?
Go to http://www.ntxsoccer.org/ and check the ODP Calendar or call the ODP Hotline at the North Texas Soccer office 972-323-1323 after hours (weekends and after 6:00 pm weekdays). When calling the Hotline, follow the prompts to the ODP menu and enter the appropriate extension. Players/Parents are required to check email, the ODP Calendar or to call the ODP Hotline often for updates and new information regarding changes and/or cancellations.

When is Camp?
Oklahoma Soccer Association hosts the Girls Developmental camp that is held on the campus of the University of Oklahoma in Norman. Selected players will travel by bus to and from camp. They will be housed in the university dormitories. Date: in June TBA

After their first year in ODP, selected pool players attend Region III Camp in Alabama. They travel by plane. The boys attend in Tuscaloosa; the girls attend in Montevallo. Once they attend camp in Alabama, they are re-evaluated during camp in the same way our tryouts are conducted for selection to the Region III team. Then, ultimately they are evaluated again for selection to the National team. All accommodations regarding travel, food, and lodging for camp is made by NTSSA and cost is covered by the camp fee. The fee schedule for last year was as follows: '99 Girls Developmental Camp in Norman, OK was $650, ’98 Girls in Montevallo, AL was $975, and ’94 – ’97 Boys and Girls in Alabama was $1,000. Camp fees are subject to change from one year to the next depending on the cost of airfare and Region III camp fees. Region III Camp Date: June - July TBA

What if my child is not selected to attend camp in the summer? Does he/she have to go through tryouts again?
Once a player makes the Pool, they will be invited to continue in the Fall & Spring of the following year. As long as players remain in good standing by maintaining a current registration, their payments, and continuing their participation in the Pools, they will continue to be invited back year after year without being subject to further tryouts.

Who do we contact if we have questions?
Please contact your Team Administrator. Team Administrators can best answer questions specific to their teams. Shawn Lemons, NTSSA ODP Administrator is the best contact regarding the administrative/clerical portions of the program and can be reached at 972-323-1323 Ext. 107, toll free 1-800-996-8772.

GoWide
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hatrick 10/18/2011, 7:45 pm

Thanks for all that. Good info.
hatrick
hatrick
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by slampg 10/18/2011, 8:01 pm

Regarding the coaching, what I saw was the various coaches/evaluators give direction to the boys on what they wanted to see - even spending time to correct when one of the drills was not being performed accurately and what they expected. I agree it was a very positive experience for by BB as well.
slampg
slampg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by slampg 10/18/2011, 8:01 pm

hatrick wrote:Are Club coaches supposed to "sponsor" individuals or can you just attempt a tryout? When is the next one? TIA

This has nothing to do with clubs. If your boy wants to try out, sign him up and bring him out.
slampg
slampg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer1172 10/18/2011, 8:43 pm

GoWide wrote:Sunday, November 13, 2011
All Day Event

2211 Sandy Lake Rd
Carrollton, TX

Times:

Eligibility for ODP is determined by the player’s birth date, not their soccer year. A child born in 2001 or younger is not eligible to try out for the 2011/2012 seasons. A release is not necessary from the player’s Club team to participate in ODP. Players born in 1994 or older are considered to be “aged out”. Therefore, they are no longer eligible to participate in ODP.

What is the cost?
Cost for tryouts is a one-time fee of $50 for ’99 – ’95 boys & girls; cost is $75 for ’00 boys & girls. Cost for Pool is $100 per season. Fees are subject to change from one year to the next. Selected teams attend one camp in the summer. Pool fees must be paid in full in order to participate in ODP and to be eligible for selection to camp. More information about the camps becomes available after the selection process.

Tryouts and Registration for the 2011/2012 season will be held at TBD. Please see the ODP Calendar of Events http://www.ntxsoccer.org/events/default.aspx?F_c=56&F_m=1&F_y=2011 for schedule information.

There are a limited number of scholarships available through the Ross Stewart Scholarship Fund for camp fees only. MOST are PARTIAL scholarships. Scholarships are given on a financial need only basis. Application forms are available through the North Texas Office.

We encourage players to attend all tryout sessions available if possible, but club takes priority over ODP. For scouting consideration, please have the player’s coach email a referral to Gary Williamson, NTSSA State Coach, at gary@ntxsoccer.org for scouting consideration. Otherwise, open tryouts will take place annually. Watch ntxsoccer.org for tryouts information as it becomes available.

There is not a specified number of players accepted to the pools. Pool players will be selected based on evaluation of performance and ability, in addition to attitude and behavior. Players are evaluated by multiple coaches for ODP selection.

Players selected to be in ODP, will be invited to the Fall Pool. They will then continue to train with their gender/age group. We have a Sub-Regional Competition at the end of the Spring season (date to be determined) that, if selected, players will compete against available teams from Region III (i.e. OK, LA, & MS).

’00 Girls selected to the Sub-Regional Competition will be invited to attend Developmental Camp in Norman, OK. Currently, there is not a camp for the boys in this age group until their second year in ODP. ’95 – ’99 Boys and Girls selected to the Sub-Regional Competition are selected to attend Region III camps in Alabama.

All participants of the 2011/2012 ODP Tryouts will receive a letter at the end of tryouts notifying them of whether or not they have been selected via USPS.

Trainings are scheduled 5 times per season on Sundays. We, like all others, are subject to cancellations due to inclement weather and/or tournaments receiving priority over our field reservations. Make-up trainings due to unforeseen cancellations are subject to field availability. Five trainings per season is not guaranteed due to possible field cancellations beyond our control. The parks and recreation department controls the cancellations, not our office.

Selected teams will only travel when attending camp in the summer or Sub-Regional Competitions we receive invites to attend. Our office handles ALL travel arrangements for players when traveling to out of the area ODP events (i.e. Region III camp).

Go to http://www.ntxsoccer.org/ and check the ODP Calendar or call the ODP Hotline at the North Texas Soccer office 972-323-1323 after hours (weekends and after 6:00 pm weekdays). When calling the Hotline, follow the prompts to the ODP menu and enter the appropriate extension. Players/Parents are required to check email, the ODP Calendar or to call the ODP Hotline often for updates and new information regarding changes and/or cancellations.

When is Camp?
Oklahoma Soccer Association hosts the Girls Developmental camp that is held on the campus of the University of Oklahoma in Norman. Selected players will travel by bus to and from camp. They will be housed in the university dormitories. Date: in June TBA

After their first year in ODP, selected pool players attend Region III Camp in Alabama. They travel by plane. The boys attend in Tuscaloosa; the girls attend in Montevallo. Once they attend camp in Alabama, they are re-evaluated during camp in the same way our tryouts are conducted for selection to the Region III team. Then, ultimately they are evaluated again for selection to the National team. All accommodations regarding travel, food, and lodging for camp is made by NTSSA and cost is covered by the camp fee. The fee schedule for last year was as follows: '99 Girls Developmental Camp in Norman, OK was $650, ’98 Girls in Montevallo, AL was $975, and ’94 – ’97 Boys and Girls in Alabama was $1,000. Camp fees are subject to change from one year to the next depending on the cost of airfare and Region III camp fees. Region III Camp Date: June - July TBA

What if my child is not selected to attend camp in the summer? Does he/she have to go through tryouts again?
Once a player makes the Pool, they will be invited to continue in the Fall & Spring of the following year. As long as players remain in good standing by maintaining a current registration, their payments, and continuing their participation in the Pools, they will continue to be invited back year after year without being subject to further tryouts.

Please contact your Team Administrator. Team Administrators can best answer questions specific to their teams. Shawn Lemons, NTSSA ODP Administrator is the best contact regarding the administrative/clerical portions of the program and can be reached at 972-323-1323 Ext. 107, toll free 1-800-996-8772.

What exactly would a 00 boy get to do if he tried out and made it?

soccer1172
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 10/19/2011, 10:48 am

I can't tell by the tone of your writing whether you're serious or sarcastic? Question
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SailorMoon 10/19/2011, 1:03 pm

So it goes by birth year?? Very good and helpful information btw. Like my 2001 birthdate plays '02, but he will try out for 01 ODP then??

Thanks.

SailorMoon
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 10/19/2011, 1:12 pm

Yes, it is strictly birth year...Yes, your birth year 01 is an ODP 01
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer1172 10/19/2011, 11:53 pm

soccer1172 wrote:
GoWide wrote:Sunday, November 13, 2011
All Day Event

2211 Sandy Lake Rd
Carrollton, TX

Times:

What is the cost?

When is Camp?

What exactly would a 00 boy get to do if he tried out and made it?
When a player makes it what happens after that for an 00 boy?

soccer1172
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 10/20/2011, 8:39 am

The boys who make it go to ODP practices. Different coaches and work out with the other boys who made it. From that "pool" of talent, they pick players to invite to camps and eventually travel teams.
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerlove 10/20/2011, 10:34 am

Actually, you can play up in ODP. It is not age pure.
soccerlove
soccerlove
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 10/20/2011, 3:19 pm

Good point!
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict