Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Best 97 Coach???  Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Best 97 Coach???

+11
You talking to me?
97MAN
treefrog13
Tequilapark
The German
True10
my2cents
plantit
omega striker
ticoz
EastTexasSoccer
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Best 97 Coach???  Empty Best 97 Coach???

Post by EastTexasSoccer 10/24/2011, 4:22 pm

Who is the best 97 coach??? Preparing players for the next level (college), ODP, PA, and overall team accomplishments.

EastTexasSoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Best 97 Coach???  Empty Re: Best 97 Coach???

Post by ticoz 10/24/2011, 10:01 pm

Jesse Suarez
ticoz
ticoz
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 10/24/2011, 10:04 pm

ticoz wrote:Jesse Suarez
X2 cheers
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 10/25/2011, 12:53 am

I think at this age coaches are more managers . Kids already know how to play. Kids know when they make a mistake . Going to the next level is all about technical ability and decision making. Teams are formed at this age with kids who have developed under multiple coaches and systems . The best coaches tend to look at what they have , the strengths and weaknesses of each individual and manage to his players personalities to get the most out of them.( They are not going to reinvent the wheel) A good coach will approach Tactical training with this in mind. Let the players be themselves but try to improve on what the are. From what i've seen the above mentioned coach is pretty good at all of the above . He's shot us straight from day one ,and tends to let the players play with their individual style within his system.Good coach, good manager , developer, disiplinarian,mentor,integrity. Suarez posseses these qualities . I'm certain others possess these qualities also ( Kunitz comes to mind ) and some don't ( Arias ) .
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by EastTexasSoccer 10/25/2011, 8:34 am

I've heard a lot of good things about Irving Elite's coach...

EastTexasSoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 10/25/2011, 8:57 am

plantit wrote:
I think at this age coaches are more managers . Kids already know how to play. Kids know when they make a mistake . Going to the next level is all about technical ability and decision making. Teams are formed at this age with kids who have developed under multiple coaches and systems . The best coaches tend to look at what they have , the strengths and weaknesses of each individual and manage to his players personalities to get the most out of them.( They are not going to reinvent the wheel) A good coach will approach Tactical training with this in mind. Let the players be themselves but try to improve on what the are. From what i've seen the above mentioned coach is pretty good at all of the above . He's shot us straight from day one ,and tends to let the players play with their individual style within his system.Good coach, good manager , developer, disiplinarian,mentor,integrity. Suarez posseses these qualities . I'm certain others possess these qualities also ( Kunitz comes to mind ) and some don't ( Arias ) .

I really don't think that at U15 players have learned all they can and just need someone to manage the use of those skills and tactics. They still have plenty to learn. Coaching styles at the older ages may be more hands off but they still need coaching to advance.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 10/25/2011, 11:26 am

my2cents wrote:
plantit wrote:

I really don't think that at U15 players have learned all they can and just need someone to manage the use of those skills and tactics. They still have plenty to learn. Coaching styles at the older ages may be more hands off but they still need coaching to advance.

Agree, I just use a different word . They still need developement and managing , not coaching.
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by True10 10/25/2011, 11:35 am

It depends on what your son responds to.

He might respond better to coach that is very structured and is constantly "coaching" every second of a practice or game via yelling or lectures.

Some respond better to coaches that say it once let them go on their merry way and hope the player gets the point and improves.

Some to the coach that yells in a bad foreign accent that no one understands and freaks out at every misstep and curses everyone in ear shot.

I think that at this age both Suarez and Kunitz do a good with the kids. A good coach has his team playing loose and free with few mistake technically and tactically.
True10
True10
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 10/25/2011, 11:39 am

True10 wrote:Some to the coach that yells in a bad foreign accent that no one understands and freaks out at every misstep and curses everyone in ear shot.
lol!
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 10/25/2011, 11:45 am

True10 wrote:It depends on what your son responds to.

He might respond better to coach that is very structured and is constantly "coaching" every second of a practice or game via yelling or lectures.

Some respond better to coaches that say it once let them go on their merry way and hope the player gets the point and improves.

Some to the coach that yells in a bad foreign accent that no one understands and freaks out at every misstep and curses everyone in ear shot.

I think that at this age both Suarez and Kunitz do a good with the kids. A good coach has his team playing loose and free with few mistake technically and tactically.

And a good coach will figure out how the player responds . Then manage how to address that player and develope him/her
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Tequilapark 10/25/2011, 1:29 pm

My son played 3 years for Suarez, not only is he a great coach, he is also a positive influence on his players, talks to them about the importance of school and cares about their well-being on and off the field.
Tequilapark
Tequilapark
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 10/25/2011, 1:57 pm

Tequilapark wrote:My son played 3 years for Suarez, not only is he a great coach, he is also a positive influence on his players, talks to them about the importance of school and cares about their well-being on and off the field.
agreed cheers
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 10/25/2011, 1:57 pm

EastTexasSoccer wrote:I've heard a lot of good things about Irving Elite's coach...
like what? hes a good recruiter? confused
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by EastTexasSoccer 10/25/2011, 2:08 pm

A good recruiter he may be...but please note the team had to start out somewhere and with some players @ some point. A great player is not going to go to a sub-par independent team w/out looking @ the coach. I agree; a great roster of players will attract other players, but the IE initial roster started somewhere.

Just sayin...

EastTexasSoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 10/25/2011, 2:11 pm

EastTexasSoccer wrote:A good recruiter he may be...but please note the team had to start out somewhere and with some players @ some point. A great player is not going to go to a sub-par independent team w/out looking @ the coach. I agree; a great roster of players will attract other players, but the IE initial roster started somewhere.

Just sayin...
so then what do you call the coaches that started off in D1? scratch
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by True10 10/25/2011, 5:34 pm

Tequilapark wrote:My son played 3 years for Suarez, not only is he a great coach, he is also a positive influence on his players, talks to them about the importance of school and cares about their well-being on and off the field.

Correct sir you are.
True10
True10
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by True10 10/25/2011, 5:48 pm

omega striker wrote:
EastTexasSoccer wrote:A good recruiter he may be...but please note the team had to start out somewhere and with some players @ some point. A great player is not going to go to a sub-par independent team w/out looking @ the coach. I agree; a great roster of players will attract other players, but the IE initial roster started somewhere.

Just sayin...

Better recruiter earlier Laughing

IE is nothing like the team that passed up qualifying to go to the APL. Winning helps recruiting and you only have to beat the competition in your division. Some D3 talent and APL will win APL. Mix some D2 talent in with D3 players you win D3. Add some D1 talent to a solid D2 group and win D2. Now you have a D1 team with a low cost and PL spot. Shave off the bottom of your roster and add some more D1 kids and allow the kids to play HS sports and the team starts to recruit itself. D1 is now watered down and a CL championship is in store. They do not have to play FCD, DTR, AR, AW or SR of last year.

Good coach maybe. Smart patient and a good recruiter for sure.
True10
True10
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by treefrog13 10/25/2011, 11:44 pm

True10 wrote:
omega striker wrote:

Just sayin...

IE is nothing like the team that passed up qualifying to go to the APL. Winning helps recruiting and you only have to beat the competition in your division. Some D3 talent and APL will win APL. Mix some D2 talent in with D3 players you win D3. Add some D1 talent to a solid D2 group and win D2. Now you have a D1 team with a low cost and PL spot. Shave off the bottom of your roster and [i]add some more D1 kids and allow the kids to play HS sports and the team starts to recruit itself. D1 is now watered down and a CL championship is in store. They do not have to play FCD, DTR, AR, AW or SR of last year.[/i]

Bingo!..To be fair, they also did well against last year's AR, AW in winter tourney. Numbers say they would have been midpack even before pre-academy exodus, but as you say, a very good team that allows other HS activities is gold!

treefrog13
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 97MAN 10/26/2011, 9:03 am

treefrog13 wrote:
True10 wrote:
omega striker wrote:

Just sayin...

IE is nothing like the team that passed up qualifying to go to the APL. Winning helps recruiting and you only have to beat the competition in your division. Some D3 talent and APL will win APL. Mix some D2 talent in with D3 players you win D3. Add some D1 talent to a solid D2 group and win D2. Now you have a D1 team with a low cost and PL spot. Shave off the bottom of your roster and [i]add some more D1 kids and allow the kids to play HS sports and the team starts to recruit itself. D1 is now watered down and a CL championship is in store. They do not have to play FCD, DTR, AR, AW or SR of last year.[/i]

Bingo!..To be fair, they also did well against last year's AR, AW in winter tourney. Numbers say they would have been midpack even before pre-academy exodus, but as you say, a very good team that allows other HS activities is gold!
Come on guys this coach is not any different then any other D1 coach, yes he has added to his roster every year to make sure his team continues to improve, like any other coach would. Tree frog your right last year his D2 team beat several D1 teams like FCDB,AR,and AW, he also if I remember right tied DTR in the state cup, so TRUE10 for you to say that they don't have to play these teams, they did.

I do agree that Jesse Suarez is a great coach and has had some kids on his team that has moved up, but lets remember just like the IE coach he has added to his roster every year to make his team better. At U12 some of his great talent came from the old OC United, So yes he is a good coach and a good recruiter, I believe all coaches have to be a good recruiter. Have you ever seen Hassan from Texans bring a team from the bottom to the top, no he takes over teams and builds on them, What is so wrong with that?

Also TRUE10 for you to say that D1 is watered down, I disagree. My BB played in D1 last year as well as this year and he fells like the competition is still at a high level. Yes we are missing alot of the superstars from last year, but I just believe there are now new superstars that have taken there place and also could have played pre-academy but chose not to.

97MAN
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 10/26/2011, 11:41 am

97MAN wrote:
treefrog13 wrote:
True10 wrote:
omega striker wrote:

Just sayin...

Come on guys this coach is not any different then any other D1 coach, yes he has added to his roster every year to make sure his team continues to improve, like any other coach would. Tree frog your right last year his D2 team beat several D1 teams like FCDB,AR,and AW, he also if I remember right tied DTR in the state cup, so TRUE10 for you to say that they don't have to play these teams, they did.

I do agree that Jesse Suarez is a great coach and has had some kids on his team that has moved up, but lets remember just like the IE coach he has added to his roster every year to make his team better. At U12 some of his great talent came from the old OC United, So yes he is a good coach and a good recruiter, I believe all coaches have to be a good recruiter. Have you ever seen Hassan from Texans bring a team from the bottom to the top, no he takes over teams and builds on them, What is so wrong with that?

Also TRUE10 for you to say that D1 is watered down, I disagree. My BB played in D1 last year as well as this year and he fells like the competition is still at a high level. Yes we are missing alot of the superstars from last year, but I just believe there are now new superstars that have taken there place and also could have played pre-academy but chose not to.

97.. Cannot compare beating teams in tournaments with guest players .. They didn't even play those teams in league play.Not to take anything away from I.E their good . I do not agree that jesse has added to make his team better . He has mearly added to fill holes left by those who have either moved on or moved up.The tell tale sign is that he loses players and can still keep his team playing at a high level. And yes he did gain a few when the 97 Boca team came over a few years back. I think 1 or 2 are left.He gets and retains players due to the fact that they respect him..
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 10/26/2011, 11:46 am

plantit wrote:
97MAN wrote:
treefrog13 wrote:
True10 wrote:
omega striker wrote:

Just sayin...

97.. Cannot compare beating teams in tournaments with guest players .. They didn't even play those teams in league play.Not to take anything away from I.E their good . I do not agree that jesse has added to make his team better . He has mearly added to fill holes left by those who have either moved on or moved up.The tell tale sign is that he loses players and can still keep his team playing at a high level. And yes he did gain a few when the 97 Boca team came over a few years back. I think 1 or 2 are left.He gets and retains players due to the fact that they respect him..
well said sir! cheers
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by You talking to me? 10/26/2011, 12:12 pm

plantit wrote:
97MAN wrote:
treefrog13 wrote:
True10 wrote:
omega striker wrote:

Just sayin...

A. Pelaes is a great coach, personally.
O yeah, Plantit, Im beginning to think that you're hating on IE'S coach. I dont recall this team using guest players, only one from DTR who didnt make any difference really

You talking to me?
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle 10/26/2011, 12:22 pm

plantit wrote:
97MAN wrote:
treefrog13 wrote:
True10 wrote:
omega striker wrote:

Just sayin...

I think the fact the coach has been successful under the Irving Elite banner is a bit more impressive than doing it for FC Dallas recruiting machine. Plus when you consider the fact that Elite is in first place, I think you have to give the coach his due.

Not to say Jesse is not a top coach, as my 97 has struggled to defeat his teams through the years. But to Jesse's credit, he always seems to find a way to have a few top notch players on his teams, whether it be in tournaments or league play.
eagle
eagle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 97MAN 10/26/2011, 1:01 pm

plantit wrote:
97MAN wrote:
treefrog13 wrote:
True10 wrote:
omega striker wrote:

Just sayin...

Plantit you are right maybe they did have some guest players in tournaments I don't know, I was just making a point to True10's comment that classic league is watered down and they didn't have to play these teams last year. I do believe even with the team they had last year they would have done well. Every team turns over players every year to make them selves better or to fill in holes.

As for Jesse your right he does fill in holes every year because of kids moving up in the FCD system and I think that's great (kuddos to him) personally I think he's a good coach look at what he has done, all these years in D1 with a very competitive team every year.

I never said IE's coach was a great coach, personally I don't know him and don't know his back round. All I was doing was saying he only does what all other top coaches do and that's try and find a way to make his team better. My BB played against this team and I do like they way they play and do believe they deserve to be on top of D1. Also I do give him credit for coming up all the way from PPL to CL D1, every year winning there division and also winning a bid into the Dallas Cup, so I do say congrats. Tell me a team and coach that has done that?

I'm just surprised one of the big 4 hasn't picked this team up.....

97MAN
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by EastTexasSoccer 10/26/2011, 1:35 pm

From what I understand one of the BIG 4 did try to pick them up (or do a hostile takeover)...whatever you want to call it.

EastTexasSoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next